Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Nobody can hear you scream or shout
Once you're in, you won't come out
You will never see the light of day
I'm the hunter, you're my prey!

-Fragment of verse taught to serf children on Sepheris Secundus to scare them from entering the Shatters

You were one of many within the Screaming Vortex; those just beginning to tread down the path to damnation, yet with a gleam of promise. You took skulls for Khorne's Throne, spread the Plaguefather's love across entire populations, sought ever more obscure secrets with which to cheat at the Great Game and relished every facet of euphoria you could find. But pride comes before the fall, and the aspirant are inclined to be rather prideful indeed...

You were one of many within the Screaming Vortex; those who found their road greatness taking a sharp detour at the hands of those more powerful than you. Something you did, or may do, or didn't do, aggrieved a powerful entity, who saw fit to punish you by casting you across the Immaterium. You were spared an infinitesimal eternity floating adrift in the aether by a chance ritual on a frozen, miserable mining world in a cursed sector.

You are one of many within the Screaming Vortex; those who find fate thrusting the potential for greatness upon them. Not many can recover from their misfortunes in the service of the Dark Gods, and fewer still are those who have the chance to claim such a trophy for the Ruinous Powers as one of the Calixis Sector's crown jewels. But do not think that it will be a trivial effort, for the False Emperor's underlings are all too aware of the damage a Chaos insurrection could do...

----

Of the 40k RPGs, so far I have run Dark Heresy 1E, Rogue Trader, and Adeptus Evangelion. After shooting the poo poo with some friends on Mumble I figured I'd pop my Black Crusade cherry. Elevator pitch: you're heretics, someone took offense at your presence for whatever reason, used ~sorcery~ to send you into the Warp, and a summoning ritual gone awry pulled you back into realspace somewhere in the Shatters on Sepheris Secundus, a planet mostly notable for being idiotically grimderp and backwards as gently caress.

Rules:

5500 starting xp for marines, 6k for humans;
Human advanced archetypes are 4600 xp, Marines are 3600;
All archetypes and splats allowed;
Starting infamy is 40 plus modifiers;
Stats are point buy as stated in the book, maximum starting wounds;
:frogsiren: Aligned spells cast off their god's favoured attribute :frogsiren:
Starting Acquisitions as normal, starting corruption is 25 plus modifiers.

Recruitment closes Wednesday, 5th of November. IF you have any questions you can ask them here or in #acolyte, I'm usually online there.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Yeeeesssss. I am making... something. Something eeeeeeevil. No idea what yet.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Actually, a Dark Apostle of some kind

frajaq fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 31, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Doing a Khorne something.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Keraun the Stormbearer

Far above Cadia, some millenia ago, a lone Ultramarine Thunderhawk limped its way out of the Eye of Terror, crippled from war and lack of supplies. At its helm sat a single marine, his helmet off and his eyes closed, his armor pitted and scarred from war. As the ship shuddered and shook violently as it descended through the atmosphere of the planet, the marine opened his eyes and saw the world approaching him quickly, flames engulfing the ship as it hurtled to its ultimate doom. He sat up then, his breathing labored, and looked about the cabin. Around him were littered the bodies of those he had believed to be his brothers, men who had for twelve thousand years he had served alongside in an endless war against those that would threaten the Imperium. And for the last six thousand of those years, they had fought at the very doorstep of Hell itself, within the Eye of Terror.

But the ways of Chaos were stronger there, and even the true children of the Emperor, the Ultramarines, had troubles keeping it at bay. The force dwindled as the decades went on. Ships and supplies were lost, and men fell, in every sense of the word. The marine at the helm closed his eyes, praying that his death had finally come, and the visions of the pause came to him for what he hoped was the final time.

There had been fighting between the chapters of the Ultramarines. One of the men, a Crimson Fist who had no equal with a blade, pushed his forces deeper and deeper into the Eye, separating from the fleet at large to perform flanking strikes and hit and runs on the warbands they pursued. The tactics were not wholly within the realm of what the Codex allowed, but the marine did not care; the Crimsons Fists, as they were, did not follow the Codex as strictly as their parent forces.

Over time, his strikes became more relentless, more focused, and deadlier. There were fewer to capture and interrogate, and less to reclaim. His superiors, in particular the Ultramarine leaders, grew concerned of his devotion to the Emperor. He was too brutal, too.. bloodthirsty. Rumors spread of his fall to Khorne, and when the rumors finally reached his ears, he turned his ship around, calling off an assault, to meet with his superiors to discuss the issue. He knew Khorne had no grasp on him. He knew he was innocent. And if he only spoke with them, they would know.

Upon seeing his ship approaching, still loaded to bear with armaments, the Ultramarines assumed the very worst of the situation, and opened fire. Under the attack of two different flagships, the Crimson Fist's vessel stood little chance, and the marine watched in horror and anger as his ship was crippled and nearly destroyed; he watched good men die needlessly, and in spite of himself controlled his fury. He voxed his surrender, trying to explain himself, but was cut off; his surrender was accepted, but his ship, and his crew, was to be destroyed. The marine joined his former brothers aboard their vessel, and listened in a stewing silence to the list of charges against him. They offered him only death as redemption, but the marine had looked up and asked for trial by combat.

He opened his eyes then, cutting off the rest of the memory as best as he could. He had grown angry, and his trial by combat had saved him, and ultimately, doomed the others. As the earth grew larger and larger in his viewfinder, the marine felt an anger grow in him, and he reached out, gripping the helm with a red and a blue gauntlet. He pulled up as hard as he could, feeling fury at the idea of throwing his life away so readily; if he were to die, then the warp would earn him. The same thought had occurred to him as he had fought his way through the marine vessel to his escape, and even as he had killed the crew of the Thunderhawk and evaded the pursuing fire. He heard the wrenching of metal and watched as the glass before him cracked, and Keraun gritted his teeth.

----

Two weeks had passed, and the wreckage had been searched top to bottom. The Guard had found a lone marine survivor, wounded beyond measure, who still clung stubbornly to life. They revered him as a hero, to have survived so much, and returned with him to their hive. Over time, he grew healthy again, until one day he left without a word.

Now, much later, the Crimson Fist known as Keraun still feels the tearing at his soul. He know he has done much wrong against his brothers, and for it, he seeks his death in great battle as his vindication. But, he knows his talents, he knows his skills, and he knows they can not be so simply squandered. Whatever may kill him must earn it. And until then? He fights.

Archetype: Khorne Berserker
Pride: Fortitude
Disgrace: Dread
Motivation: Perfection

WS 60 (30+5+5+20)
BS 27 (30-3)
S 50 (30 +5+20)
T 30+5+20
Ag 30-3+10
Int 30-3+10
Per 30+5+10
WP 30-5+10
Fel 30-3
Inf: 35

Wounds: 21/21
Corruption: 20

Skills:
Athletics+10
Awareness
Common Lore (Choose One)
Common Lore (War) +10
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Pirates)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry+10
Intimidate+10
Tech-Use +10
Trade (Armorer)

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Unarmed Warrior
Ancient Warrior
Berserk Charge
Cold Hearted
Disarm
Flesh Render
Fearless
Frenzy
Furious Assault
Lightning Reflexes
Pity the Weak
Street Fighting
Combat Master
Swift Attack
Unarmed Master
Enemy (Everyone)
Hatred (Everyone)
Weapon Tech

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Gear:
Legionnaire Power Armour
-Sustainable Power Source
-Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
-Magnetised Boot Soles
-Chain Bandoliers

Legion Chainaxe
1d10+5+11, 3 Pen, Tearing

Legion Power Sword
1d10+6+11, 6 Pen, Balanced, Storm Field, Duelist's Grip

2 Legion frag grenades
2 Legion krak grenades

Special:
Avatars of Slaughter: Such is a Khorne Berzerker’s legendary ferocity that the mere sight of one of these fearsome warriors on the battlefield is enough to unnerve many opponents. Once per combat, after taking a Full Action Move Action, the Berzerker may spend an Infamy Point to force any opponents with a line of sight to the character to make a Difficult (–10) Willpower Test. If they fail, they suffer a –20 penalty to target the Berzerker on their next turn. This penalty stacks with any other penalties and modifiers.

Unstoppable Wrath: The depth of rage of these warriors is terrible to behold, even before the psychosurgeries that many gain, and often leads them to feats rarely equalled in battle. During combat, a Berzerker may spend an Infamy Point to either make an Opposed Strength Test to ignore a successful Parry made against one of his attacks or make a single Challenging (+0) Toughness Test to ignore the effects of Injury, Stunning, Fatigue, or even Death for a single Round. This Trait may only be used to ignore a Critical Result of Death once per combat encounter.

Gifts:
Purity of Aggression

Acquisitons:

Advances: 5400/5500
Khorne Berserker 3600
Swift Attack 300
Unarmed Master 300
Street Fighting 200
Tech-Use +10 550
Trade (Armourer) 200
Weapon Tech 250

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 1, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Doing an Idolitrex Magi of Forge Polix, a dude who specifically deals in the alteration of forms via mutation and cybernetic enhancement. He's going to go out of his way to keep building minions as part of his experiments.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Going to do a Tzeentch-aligned Vet of the Long War Psyker, who is an Iron Warrior, like this fine fellow:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Very strongly considering apping an eccentric Q'Sal Magister Immaterial who regularly and routinely dabbles in stuff he probably shouldn't.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Doing a ranged Nurglite Heretek.
-Assuming we have enough Corruption for a Gift, should we roll or choose?
-Is it possible to start aligned with a normally unaligned archetype, or should we build up to being aligned as normal? (Some of the other PbPs had allowed leniency on this front.)
-You mentioned rolling for fate; I'm guessing this was a holdover from other 40K TRPGs?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm working on a Dark Apostle.

Do you have a problem with us buying cybernetics for our starting acquisitions? Do we roll once on the Power Armour Customization table?

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 31, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

Doing a ranged Nurglite Heretek.
-Assuming we have enough Corruption for a Gift, should we roll or choose?
-Is it possible to start aligned with a normally unaligned archetype, or should we build up to being aligned as normal? (Some of the other PbPs had allowed leniency on this front.)
-You mentioned rolling for fate; I'm guessing this was a holdover from other 40K TRPGs?

-Just tell me and I'll roll. You'll get a choice of whatever you're entitled to from your Infamy Bonus and what you rolled, as well as the options if you're Unaligned.
-No, unless you have the XP to buy enough advances to align yourself.
-Ah, yeah, in pre-Black Crusade RPGs you rolled for Fate Points. :sweatdrop: ignore that and use your Infamy Bonus as normal.

Thanatosian posted:

I'm working on a Dark Apostle.

Do you have a problem with us buying cybernetics for our starting acquisitions? Do we roll once on the Power Armour Customization table?

No and yes. Also, since Firesight asked: I'll waive the stat requirements for Minions but not the Infamy requirement; Loyalty is enough of a stat check on minions.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 31, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Since Thanatosian is making a dark apostle I'll make a Chem hunter of messia instead

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Forums Terrorist posted:

-Just tell me and I'll roll. You'll get a choice of whatever you're entitled to from your Infamy Bonus and what you rolled, as well as the options if you're Unaligned.

WHOOPS

I'm using a dude I made for the other game where you rolled that for me, so feel free to roll me my Gift vs 34 Infamy, and tell me if I get a mutation instead.

e: Or just let me keep Purity of Aggression because it is abso-loving-lutely hilarious. Either or!

e2:
[13:19] <Dopethrone> Eh, what the hell, keep Purity of Aggression
[13:19] <&Dyne> woot
[13:19] <Dopethrone> hate everyone why don't you

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 31, 2014

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Forums Terrorist posted:

Sounds fair. Functionally this means that I'll be looking for things other than Corruption in my passions.

quote:

-No, unless you have the XP to buy enough advances to align yourself.
That's fine too. I'm guessing that the effects of alignment would kick in the moment I got the necessary five-over-the-others?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

John Dyne posted:

WHOOPS

I'm using a dude I made for the other game where you rolled that for me, so feel free to roll me my Gift vs 34 Infamy, and tell me if I get a mutation instead.

<Dopethrone> .roll 1d100 dyne's gift
<imouto> Dopethrone: dyne's gift: 64 (1d100=64)
<Dopethrone> .roll 1d100 dyne's mutation
<imouto> Dopethrone: dyne's mutation: 44 (1d100=44)

Your choice of Featureless Face, Illusion of Normalcy, Flaming Skull or Headless!

NGDBSS posted:

That's fine too. I'm guessing that the effects of alignment would kick in the moment I got the necessary five-over-the-others?

Yep.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

frajaq posted:

Since Thanatosian is making a dark apostle I'll make a Chem hunter of messia instead

I am a dick and totally did not see you posted that.

I'mma figure out something else. I was thinking Warpsmith, but it looks like we've already got two tech classes; maybe I'll do a Sonic Marine. We'll see, in any case, frajaq, I am off your pad.

Forums Terrorist, do the advances we get for our class count towards getting aligned?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

Forums Terrorist, do the advances we get for our class count towards getting aligned?

No, only the ones you buy with XP.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

The Adeptus Mechanicus is as full of structure and rules as the code that controls their cogitators. They aren't interested in improving how things work by improving it, merely by adding things on, building upon the existing unstable framework. This blind spot, this lack of vision, hinders the Mechanicus at all levels, causing them to reject ideas and outlaw entire lines of research, daring to banish those who would challenge their beliefs rather than take the time to review their assumptions.

Araknova was one such banished person, forced to flee his home forge in order to avoid execution for his crimes. For the crime of daring to tamper with the basic assumption of the human form, giving a man four metal legs in place of two flesh ones. It was an experiment to see if the human mind was flexible enough to adapt to a superior form.

It was an experiment that succeeded.

While his brothers in the loyalist forge world rejected his research and ideas, there were other Forges that chose to throw away the assumptions that Mars imposed upon her children. Renegade forges, some as advanced as Mars itself, where innovation and research was viewed as a goal in and of itself, where it was rewarded.

In Forge Polix Araknova learned to use the powers of the warp itself to assist in his research on altering the human form, guiding the power of the immaterium to infuse flesh and machine in ways that would make the bonding far stronger than the crude surgery he had used before. His creations, although often weak of mind, were superior in physical capability. Some of his most successful experiments led him to make changes to his own flesh, going from hovering on magnetic fields to hovering on wings made of razor sharp metal feathers. The gods themselves seemed to agree with his experiments, merging his flesh and machine into one inseparable conglomeration.

But after time, his inspiration seemed to wane. He had made his experiments with one minute change after another. He needed to open a new avenue of research, to find some other changes to try, to find subjects with wills strong enough to keep their minds fully intact when the process was complete...

It was with this in mind that he summoned the demon, using the prescribed rituals and rites. A minor demon would be able to point him in the right direction, were it constrained properly.

Yet somehow, the creature that answered the summons was not what he had asked for. A being of power, of intellect far beyond his own, came into existence in the summoning circle. Without a body, it somehow glared out of the circle at Araknova, pondering the mortals existence, before casually reaching beyond the wards as if they were not there, grasping at the soul of the Magos, plucking him and his servants from the bounds of reality with a menacing chuckle.

When Araknova finally returned to consciousness, he found himself... somewhere else.

pre:
NAME:       Araknova, Seeker of the Forms
ARCHETYPE:  Idolitrex Magos of Forge Polix
PRIDE:      Craftsmanship (+1 Inf, +3 Ag/Int, -3 BS/WS
DISGRACE:   Hubris (+2 infamy, -4 Int)
MOTIVATION: Innovation (+2 corruption, +3 Int, -2 wounds)
ALIGNMENT:  Unaligned

Weapon Skill:    32     25 + 10 - 3
Ballistic Skill: 32     25 + 10 - 3
Strength:        30     25 + 05
Toughness:       30     25 + 05
Agility:         43     25 + 15 + 3
Intelligence:    57     25 + 20 + 10 + 3 - 4 + 3
Perception:      35     25 + 10
Willpower:       40     25 + 10 + 5
Fellowship:      40     25 + 15

Wounds:  16 
Infamy: 43
Corruption: 27

Skills:
Charm
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex)
Common Lore (The Hollows)
Common Lore (Tech) + 10
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology)
Forbidden Lore (Warp)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Linguistics (Techna-Lingua)
Logic
Medicae
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Occult)
Scholastic Lore (Numerology)
Tech-Use +10
Trade (Armorer) + 10
Trade (Archaeologist)

Talents:
Armor Monger
Blasphemous Incantations
Die Hard
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Jaded
Lesser Minion of Chaos (Servitor)
Mechadendrite Training (Utility)
Minion of Chaos (Combat Servitor)
Total Recall
Paranoia
Psy Rating 1
Technical Knock

Weapon Talents:
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Flame)

Powers:
Precision Telekinesis
Glimpse
Mind Over Matter

Traits:
Binary Chatter
Blasphemous Studies
Flyer (2x AB)
Machine (1)
Mechanicus Implants
Psyker
The Quick And The Dead

Mutations:
Mechanoid
Winged

Special Ability:

Gear
Weapons:
Best Lascarbine with Red-dot Laser Sight (given to minion)
Common Power Axe
Common Heavy Flamer with Stabilizer
Hallucination Grenade x10

Armour: 
Light Carapace Armour

Equipment:
Good Cerebral Implants
Best Quality Blade Tines
Unholy Unguents
Dataslate
Utility Mechadendrite
Maglev Coils
Good MIU
Interface Port

Infamy Log:
Starting: 25
Archetype: +15
Pride: + 1
Disgrace: +2

Current: 43

Corruption Log:
Archetype: 25
Motivation: +2

Current: 27

XP Log: 5850/6000
Archetype - 4600xp
U Minion of Chaos - 500xp
S Charm - 200xp
T Psyniscience - 200xp
S Dodge + 10 - 350xp

Alignment Log:
Unaligned: 1
Nurgle:    0
Khorne:    0
Slaanesh:  2
Tzeentch:  1

<GhostFire> .roll 1d5 corruption
<imouto> GhostFire: corruption: 3 (1d5=3)

pre:
Lesser Minion of Chaos (Servitor): 

Weapon Skill:    13     10 + 8 - 5
Ballistic Skill: 31     10 + 16 + 5
Strength:        21     10 + 11
Toughness:       15     10 + 5
Agility:         17     10 + 7
Intelligence:    16     10 + 6
Perception:      15     10 + 5
Willpower:       20     10 + 10
Fellowship:      28     10 + 18

Wounds: 5
Movement: 4

Skills: 4
Awareness
Dodge
Parry
Stealth

Talents: 
Rapid Reload
Weapon Training (Las)
Sound Constitution x 3

Traits: 
Hoverer (4)
Auto-Stabilized 
Machine(2)

Equipment: Best Quality Lasgun w/ Red-dot Laser Sight
pre:
Minion of Chaos (Combat Servitor)

Weapon Skill:    39     15 + 19 + 5
Ballistic Skill: 12     15 + 2 - 5
Strength:        29     15 + 14
Toughness:       28     15 + 13
Agility:         38     15 + 18 + 5
Intelligence:    25     15 + 15 - 5
Perception:      26     15 + 11
Willpower:       29     15 + 14
Fellowship:      28     15 + 13

Wounds: 9
Movement: 6
Armor: 4

Skills:
Dodge + 10
Parry + 10
Awareness + 10

Talents:
Swift Attack
Furious Assault
Sound Constitution x 5

Traits:
Machine (4)
Unnatural Strength (+2)
Quadruped
Deadly Natural Weapons
Brutal Charge (4)

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 5, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jarlunek

They had told him on the Basilica of the Word that his idea was foolish and too dangerous in the daemon world of Sicarus, homeworld of the Word Bearers traitor legion, a world completely covered by vast sprawling cathedrals, temples and monuments dedicated to the worship of the Ruinous Powers. Jarlunek wanted to spread the words of truth and violence of the Chaos Gods to the many planets of the False Emperor, as so many Dark Apostles do.

Jarlunek wanted to bring the word of Lorgar to Yuriou, a Hive World in the Consellos Sector, it was far from being a worthy target, the true worth was the daring aspect of it. The planet's sector was relatively close to the sector of the Howling Griffons homeworld, Mancora. The Word Bearers and the Howling Griffons had millennia of bad blood between them, with huge blows given to each other in the past.

If Jarlunek could pull it off and escape, he would've dealt another black mark in that chapter's history, and bring greater glory to the Dark Gods in such a daring maneuver. The Dark Council in Sicarus was skeptical in the idea, warning him of the dangers if he failed. Nevertheless due to previous conquests the Dark Apostle had given his 17th Legion he got approval for resources and contacts, including three members of the Gal Vorbak, the blessed champion possessed marines, to aid him in his endeavor.

It really couldn't have ended in any other way, when Jarlunek thinks back on these painful memories, cursing his stupid pride and arrogance. After infiltrating and trying to instigate a rebellion in the lower factories of the hive, the Acolytes of the Inquisition quickly caught wind of his activities by infiltrating the rebellion movement, and when they caught a single glimpse of Jarlunek after a war council with the revolutionaries, they notified their superiors. Who notified the nearby Howling Griffons chapter.

Three battle squads of the loyalist space marines was enough to decimate his forces and put an end to the rebellion, including his precious Gal Vorbak warriors, even after they single-handled an entire battle squad. The last desperate move of Jarlunek was trying to summon a greater daemon of Tzeentch into the planet, using the last ritual resources he had. Instead, the daemon punished the foolish Dark Apostle, so he may learn the price of failure and arrogance, and banished to a far-away world, with a bitter defeat behind.

code:
Name: Jarlunek
Archetype: Dark Apostle
Pride: Charm +5 Fel -5 T
Disgrace: Regret +5 Corruption, +10 to Intimidate me 
Motivation: Perfection +5 WS -3 BS -3 Str
Aligment: Chaos Undivided

Stats: 

WS: 60     30 +20 (PB) +5 (Motivation) +5 (Advance)
BS: 27     30 -3 (Motivation)
Str:32     30 +5 (PB) -3 (Motivation)
T:  40     30 +15 (PB) -5 (Pride)
Ag: 45     30 +10 (PB) +5 (Advance)
Int:40     30 +10 (PB)
Per:40     30 +10 (PB)
Wp: 50     30 +10 (PB) +5 (Archetype) +5 (Advance)
Fel:65     30 +20 (PB) +5 (Archetype) +5 (Pride) +5 (Advance)

Wounds: 21
Infamy: 34 (25 Starting + 9 Archetype)
Corruption: 20 (15 Archetype +5 Regret)

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Deceive
Command+10
Common Lore (War, Screaming Vortex)
Dodge 
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy, Daemonology, The Book of Lorgar, Warp)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface) 
Parry
Scrutiny
Scholastic Lore (Occult)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Ancient Warrior
Ambidextrous 
Bulging Biceps
Demagogue
Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)
Legion Weapon Training
Swift Attack
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Inspire Wrath
Iron Discipline
Iron Jaw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakeable Will

Special Ability:
Harbinger of Heresy
Dark Devotion

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Mutation:
Steel Hearted (All Fear traits go down one step against me)

Equipment:
Accursed Crozius 
Legion Power Armour (History: Horns, Charges may not be parried)
 -Enhanced Ceramite Plating
 -Auto Senses
Legion Bolter, 4 mags
Legion Bolt Pistol, 2 mags
Legion Combat Knife
Unholy Icon
2 Legion Frag Grenades

Starting Acquisitions
BQ Legion Flamer w/ Extended Magazine
4 GQ Blasphemous Texts
Refractor Field

Total XP 5350/5500 
Dark Apostle             3600
Fellowship (Simple)      250   Slaneesh
Weapon Skill (Simple)    250   Unaligned
Willpower (Simple)       250   Tzeentch
Swift Attack             500   Khorne
Iron Jaw                 250   Nurgle
Agility (Simple)         250   Slaneesh

frajaq fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 7, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm working on a stealthy/snipery/smart Chosen, going to be Chosen of Tzeentch, not sure if I'll hit that at chargen or later, though.

Mechanics done, I think; first Black Crusade character, could you guys see if I hosed up, anywhere? I'll have a background together this weekend, and I think he pops for Tzeentch as soon as he picks up 5 more corruption.

EDIT: Background added, along with additional starting corruption. Any problems with this character, or am I doing anything exceptionally stupid? I'm not sure about the Comm Leach, because it seems like something exceptionally useful that would be in-character for him to have; is there some downside to it I'm not seeing? Also, I seem a little more generalist than most of the other characters; is that a problem? Should I specialize more? And Forums Terrorist, would you please roll me up two gifts of Tzeentch? Let's see how hard I get screwed. :P

SECOND EDIT: Fixed advance purchases, added in gifts of the gods.

Mulgula, Layer of Ambushes

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Back in the days before his fall, Mulgula was a member of the Dark Angels. He was a new recruit of the 2nd Company, Ravenwing, and after he and his squad had been hunting a group of Fallen Angels on a small, unremarkable jungle planet near the Screaming Vortex. After weeks, it was down to Mulgula and one of his brothers-in-arms tracing the very last of the group of Fallen. In the end, they took the Fallen alive... but couldn't agree on what to do with him. Mulgala wanted to interrogate him, his fellow Dark Angel wanted to execute him. After a couple of hours of arguing, they agreed to wait until the next morning to decide. Of course, the next morning only came around for two of them... And Mulgula's intentions were all good: interrogate the Fallen, find out the locations of other Fallen Angels, find out why the Fallen Angels fell, find out weak spots in the forces of Chaos...

Of course, this led to the inevitable existential questions that go along with that sort of knowledge. "Why am I fighting for the Emperor? Do I really want to spend my twilight years in the belly of a Dreadnaught, in the best case?" And "what's in it for me?" As it turns out, when you really look at things, a shot at becoming a Daemon Prince is worth a lot more than an eternity in a metal box.

And so, Mulgula spent the intervening time as a mercenary, spending his "spare" time in forbidden libraries and seeking out blasphemous treatises, ever looking for that next step up in the Chaos hierarchy. Slowly but surely, he has been putting together a plan to seize his rightful position in the Warp. Eventually, this brought him to the side of Kestlegoth the Off-Color, a Slaanesh sorceror. Mulgula along with the merc company he was working with (made up of heretics) was to help with a great ritual; sacrifice thousands to the Chaos gods in order to increase their standing, and take home some artifacts in payment. Of course, the plan was to betray Kestlegoth after, but before that could happen, Kestlegoth betrayed them, and cast them into the Warp.

Kestlegoth's betrayal, though, was part of Mulgala's plan from the beginning, as was Mulgala's retrieval from the Warp. The planet of Sepheris Secundus is ripe for the taking, and Mulgala intends to harvest what he can, and offer it up to Tzeentch.

quote:

Name: Mulgula, Layer of Ambushes
Archetype: Chosen Chaos Space Marine
Pride: Foresight +5 PER -5 FEL
Disgrace: Betrayal +5 Corruption -10 Charm
Motivation: Ascendancy +5 WP -2 Wounds
Alignment: Tzeentch

WS: 30
BS: 55
ST: 30 (+20)
T: 40
AG: 50 (-10 Fine Manipulation)
INT: 55
PER: 50
WP: 55
FEL: 30

Infamy: 40

Corruption: 30

Wounds: 19

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Unarmed Warrior
Lightning Reflexes
Rapid Reload
Double Team
Deadeye Shot
Exotic Weapon Training (Ghibeline Howler Rifle)
Two-Weapon Wielder
Combat Formation
Total Recall
Light Sleeper
Gunslinger

Skills:

Athletics (+10 Climbing/Swimming)
Awareness (+20 Sight/Hearing) (+30 Auspex)
Common Lore (War)
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Heresy, The Horus Heresy and the Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface, Aeronautica)
Parry
Intimidate
Stealth +10 (+20)
Commerce
Security
Scrutiny
Logic
Survival
Tech Use

Traits:

Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Dark Sight
Multiple Arms (3)

Gear:

Legion Power Armour
-Auto-Senses
-Recoil Suppression
-Scavenged Reconstruction (+10 Infamy/Intimidate/Command w/Adeptus Astartes)

Legion Bolt Pistol x2 (6 magazines)
Legion Combat Knife
Legion Chainsword
Tzeentch Slayer Limb Ghibeline Howler Rifle w/Red-Dot Laser Sight
Cameleoline Cloak
Good Quality Embedded Auspex
Comm Leach

Advances: 5450/5500

BS +5 (250)
Int +5 (250)
Perception +5 (250)
Agility +5 (250)

Stealth +10 (350)
Commerce (200)
Security (200)
Operate (Aeronautica) (200)
Tech Use (200)
Survival (200)
Scrutiny (200)
Forbidden Lore (Heresy) (200)
Logic (200)

Exotic Weapon Training (Ghibeline Howler Rifle) (500)
Two-Weapon Wielder (500)
Gunslinger (750)
Combat Formation (250)
Total Recall (250)
Light Sleeper (250)

Unaligned: 12
Tzeentch: 6
Nurgle: 1
Khorne: 0
Slaanesh: 0

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 10, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Aubray had been stationed on the Hollows for a long time. A sleeper agent for the Libertine Council, his job description had been "hurry up and wait." They'd tell him when they needed him. After a month of near-suicidal despondency from being cut off from the Council's second-hand euphoria, he realized he wasn't going anywhere soon. So he dug through the Scraplands, worked on a mutant scav-gang crew, and generally tried not to die, which is harder than it sounds between the crazed rival forges and their associates.

Finally, a visiting merchant gave him his coded orders: never one to innovate when they could "liberate", the council had tasked him with the slaying of a minor heretek who was making promising innovations in the field of Daemon Engine reliability. After scouring his cogitators for notes, of course. Then, he could come home and -feel- again.

It took a month of planning, but as he pushed the fool into the pool of molten steel he'd been working with, Aubray finally felt triumph. He'd transferred all data of worth over to his memorance implant the week before, and turned around to sprint with joy over to the nearest spaceport. That's when the daemon of Tzeentch that the heretek had allowed to possess him to grant him superhuman intellect broke free.

What happened next is a mystery, even to Aubray. But commentaries on the accompanying sounds of daemonic fury and promethium explosions were all over the Forge Polix data-looms for at least thirty-six minutes, until some other news-worthy atrocity occurred.

pre:
NAME:       Aubray Thrace, Ghibelline Council Agent
ARCHETYPE:  Renegade (+3 BS/WS)
PRIDE:      Martial Prowess (+5 WS, -5 Int)
DISGRACE:   Regret (+5 Corr, +10 to those intimidating him)
MOTIVATION: Perfection (+5 Agi, -3 Per/Tou )

Weapon Skill:    55     33 + 17 + 05
Ballistic Skill: 30     28 + 02
Toughness:       30     22 + 08
Agility:         55     30 + 20 + 05
Intelligence:    30     20 + 10
Perception:      40     22 + 18
Willpower:       30     25 + 05
Fellowship:      50     25 + 15 + 10

Wounds:  15
Infamy: 45 (40+5)
Corruption: 25

Skills:
+Acrobatics
Athletics
+Awareness
Charm
Command
CL: Tech, Screaming Vortex, War
+Deceive
+Dodge
Operate: Ground
Parry
SL: Tactica
Speak: Low Gothic
+Stealth
Tech-Use
Trade: Chymist

Talents:
Jaded
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Weapon Training (Chain, Flame, Las, Primary, SP, Bolt)
Catfall
Marksman
Disarm
Ambidextrous
Blademaster
Mimic
Sure Strike
Lightning Reflexes
Unremarkable
Precise Blow
Crippling Strike
Step Aside

Traits:
The Quick And The Dead
Adroit (Agi)
A Thousand and One Senses
Demonic Name - T'OWGYS'KWEU
(NameInfamy)

Gear:
CC Heavy Flamer
CC Bolt Pistol
CC Power Mace
Carapace Armor
Medkit
Data-Slate with Annotated Tactica

Acquisitions:
+GC Polix Heavy Khopesh
+Synskin w/ Robes of Torment
+Long-Las w/ Red-Dot Sight, Silencer, and Extended Magazine
+BC Cameleoline Cloak
(^Only because getting ten of the CC ones would be weird. Up to you if the craftsmanship does anything.

XP Log: 50/5000 Remaining
K750 - Blademaster
U250 - Weapon Training: Power
U750 - Step Aside
S250 - Mimic
S250 - Excessive Wealth
S250 - Sure Strike
S250 - Lightning Reflexes
S250 - Unremarkable  
S200 - Charm              ++Aligned to Slaanesh++
S100 - Deceive
S200 - Deceive+10
S100 - Acrobatics
S200 - Acrobatics+10
S100 - Fel+5
S250 - Fel+5
U350 - Stealth+10
S300 - Precise Blow
S300 - Crippling Strike
U350 - Awareness+10
U250 - Agi+5
U250 - WS+5

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 3, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Xerxes Nazramanthus, 12th Plume High Magister Superium of Surgub (Temporarily Displaced)

It should have worked perfectly. Flawlessly. It was absolutely and utterly inconceivable that he, Xerxes Nazramathtus of Surgub, 12th Plume High Magister Superium, master of the Ninefold Azure Mysteries, conqueror of the Mirror Labyrinth Collegium's myriad enigmas, unraveller of the secrets of the Archivist Pursuant to Dictates Immemorial, would do something as unthinkably pedestrian as make a mistake. And yet here he was, or there he was, or there he would be depending on which position in relative time-space you were choosing to view events from.

Perhaps it was one of his many bitter and jealous rivals who had been his undoing, tampering with his instruments or sullying his carefully inscribed glyphs. Or one of the stars embedded in the distant void had the temerity to shift position when he wasn't looking, blown about on the aetheric winds. That would certainly explain why the daemon Zkalyxxtris 72 Unbound In Chains of Impossibility was free to leave the summoning circle that had taken him no small amount of time, effort, and human sacrifice to complete.

All that work! All of that careful planning and research, measurement and murder, auguries and astrology. Not to mention having to completely rearrange the furniture in his summoning chamber. It was all supposed to have been worth it though (or would be worth it, or will be worth it) when he bound one of Tzeentch's most inscrutable servants to his will and wrested the secrets of the universe from its unfathomable brain.

Such a lovely plan, right up to the point where Zkalyxxtris had stepped out of the circle (it had to be sabotage, it simply had to have been) and spoke one of the 99 Forbidden Syllables of Unmaking which, in an instant, unmade Xerxes (as one would expect such a thing to do).

Only it didn't entirely unmake him, only mostly unmake him (the 99 Forbidden Syllables all varying in the degree of their unmaking, of course). Instead it flung him into the Warp, quite discorporated and much at a loss. The odds of escaping his predicament were infinitesimal really. Nigh incalculable. It would take a supreme confluence of coincidences to return him to the mortal realm, whole and healthy and with only a modest portion of his soul consumed by the ravening hordes of the Immaterium.

He was, after all, never wrong about these things.

pre:
Q'Sal Magister Immaterial

Weapon Skill:    25
Ballistic Skill: 35
Strength:        22
Toughness:       35
Agility:         40
Intelligence:    53
Perception:      35
Willpower:       60
Fellowship:      40
Infamy:          42
Corruption:      30

Pride: Logic, +5 Int, -5 Per
Disgrace: Hubris, +2 Infamy, -4 Int
Motivation: Arcane, +4 Corruption, +2 Int, -3 Str
Alignment: Tzeentch
Wounds: 13
Infamy Points: 4

Skills:
Awareness
Charm
Common Lore (Imperium, Screaming Vortex, Q'Sal) 
Deceive
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology +10, Psykers, Warp)
Inquiry
Linguistics (Chaos Marks, Low Gothic)
Logic
Psyniscience +10
Scholastic Lore (Cryptology, Occult)
Scrutiny
Trade (Archaeologist)

Talents:
Jaded
Foresight
Strong Minded
Weapon Training (Primary, Q'Sal, Las)
Warp Sense

Traits:
Chaos Psyker 
Magus Supremus
Psy Rating 5
The Quick And The Dead

Psychic Powers:
Delude
Thought Sending
Doombolt
Mind Over Matter
Precision Telekinesis
Gholam Curse
Unnatural Healing

Advances:
Willpower (Simple, Intermediate) 350
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) +10 250
Psy Rating +1 400
Precicion Telekinesis 100xp
Unnatural Healing 300xp

6000xp/6000xp

Mutations/Gifts:
Ecstatic Duplication
Tail

Equipment:
Good Craftsmanship Las Pistol
Common Craftsmanship Force Staff
Mesh Combat Cloak w/Refractory upgrade
Grimoire
Good Craftsmanship Q'Sal Crystal Caster
Q'Sal Crystal Spire

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 2, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

pre:
NAME:       Xylophysx, Sorcerer-King
ARCHETYPE:  Writhing World Sorcerer-King
PRIDE:      Craftsmanship (+1 Inf, +3 Ag/Int, -3 BS/WS
DISGRACE:   Destruction (+2 infamy, -4 Fel)
MOTIVATION: Perfection (+5 Willpower, -3 WS, -3 BS)
ALIGNMENT:  Nurgle

Weapon Skill:    35     25 + 16 - 3 - 3
Ballistic Skill: 30     25 + 11 - 3 - 3 
Toughness:       50     25 + 15 + 5 + 5
Agility:         40     25 + 12 + 3
Intelligence:    40     25 + 07 + 5 + 3
Perception:      35     25 + 10
Willpower:       55     25 + 20 + 5 + 5
Fellowship:      30     25 + 09 - 4

Wounds:  13
Infamy: 42

Skills:
Awareness
Commerce (Int)
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex)
Common Lore (The Hollows)
Common Lore (Writhing World)
Dodge (Ag)
Forbidden Lore (Psykers)(Int)
Forbidden Lore (the Warp)(Int)
Intimidate (Str)
Interrogation (WP)
Linguistics (Chaos Marks)(Int)
Scholastic Lore (Occult)
Psynience
Trade (Soothsayer)

Talents:
Corpus Conversion
Die Hard
Hardy
Jaded
Resistance (Fear, Psychic Powers)
Unsakeable Will
Peer (Mortal Followers of Nurgle)
Psy Rating 4

Weapon Talents:
Weapon Training (Primary, SP, Las)

Powers:
Rain of Foulness
Mind Over Matter
Doombolt
Telekinetic Shield

Traits:
Fear 4 (Terrifying)
Psyker
The Quick And The Dead
Undying
Warp Instability

Mutations:
Face of Nurgle
Pseudo-Daemonhood

Special Ability:
Verminous Necromancer: The Sorcerer-Kings of the 
Writhing World are powerful psykers whose parasitic 
maladies further augment their profane abilities. When 
determining his Psychic Strength (see page 206 of the 
Black crusade Core Rulebook), a Sorcerer-King counts 
as Unbound. A Writhing World Sorcerer-King also 
counts his Psy Rating as 1 higher when attempting to 
manifest Psychic Powers Aligned to Nurgle.

Worm Master Supreme:  Writhing World Sorcerer-
Kings are infamous for their ability to weave the countless 
parasites that squirm throughout their bodies into 
writhing constructs of segmented flesh. A Writhing World
Sorcerer-King can psychically summon one of these 
gestalt creatures by making a Difficult (–10) Willpower 
Test as a Full Action. If he succeeds, he calls forth one 
Writhing Swarm (see page 103), which follows his orders 
and acts during his Turn. For every Degree of Success he 
scores on the Test beyond the first, increase the Writhing 
Swarm’s Wounds by 10. He can disperse the swarm as a 
Half Action or Reaction. At the beginning of each of his 
Turns during which a swarm is active, the Writhing World 
Sorcerer-King must dedicate a Half Action to maintaining 
it or suffer 1d5 Rending Damage ignoring armour and 
Toughness Bonus as the creatures within him rip free to 
join the ravening host of invertebrates

Weapons:
Good Craftsmanship Laspistol
Force Staff

Armour: 
Best Quality Chainmail Coat

Equipment:
Flesh-Bound Grimoire (filled with wicked lore)

Infamy Log:
Starting: 25
Archetype: +9
Pride: +1
Disgrace: +2
Advance: +5

Current: 42

Corruption Log:
Archetype: 25 + 1d10 = 31

Current: 31

XP Log: 5950/6000
Archetype - 4600xp
U Infamy + 5 - 500xp
U Psy Rating + 1 - 750xp
N Toughness + 5 - 100xp

Alignment Log:
Unaligned: 2
Nurgle:    1
Khorne:    0
Slaanesh:  0
Tzeentch:  0

<Ryuujin> .roll 1d10 archetype corruption
<imouto> Ryuujin: archetype corruption: 6 (1d10=6)

Still need to see about gifts and/or mutations

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 3, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Aegrotitas

One of the original twenty legions, the Death Guard prided themselves on their fortitude in the face of any adversary. So, when they came up against the Slaugth in the Rangda xenocide campaign, they were vastly unprepared, both physically and mentally. The legion took casualties that almost wiped them out and the reality of the Death Guard's mortality shook their ideals to the core. Forced to take on new recruits from outside sources, these new Marines became a constant reminder of their failing. Aegrotitas was one of these recruits. Constantly targeted by his peers whenever something went wrong, he quickly learned that he needed to be stronger, tougher than any other Death Guard, to put himself above scrutiny. Though he never achieved recognition for his dedication, he did attain a begrudging acceptance within his company.

Aegrotitas came to realise that humanity was weak, unable to fend for itself. When the time came to side against the Emperor, he showed no hesitation in swearing fealty to his primarch and the Warmaster. He was present at Istvaan III, mercilessly slaughtering those who had survived the viral bombing, those he had called 'brother', those who had been too weak to cast off the oppression of the Imperium. He was present on the Terminus Est when it was lost to the Warp; he was one of those ravaged by the Destroyer Hive, Nurgle's most potent and virulent diseases. Despite his determination to resist turning to Nurgle for mercy, he, like his brother marines, eventually succumbed to the disease. Unlike most of the rest of the Death Guard, however, Aegrotitas did not subsequently fall into a mire of self-loathing. Instead, he became determined to never have that feeling again. He would become truly immortal, never fearing death again.

pre:
Name: Aegrotitas
Race: Chaos Space Marine
Archetype: Plague Marine
Pride: Devotion
Disgrace: Gluttony
Motivation: Immortality

Experience: 3600/5500

Alignment: Nurgle

Khorne   
Nurgle   5
Slaanesh 
Tzeentch 

Advances:
Plague Marine advanced archetype   3600
Simple BS advance                   250
Simple Ag advance                   250
Simple T advance                    100  N
Intermediate T advance              250  N
Mighty Shot                         400  N
Combat Sense                        250
Die Hard                            200  N
Disturbing Voice                    200  N

Characteristics:
WS    30   (5 + 30 - 5 (Motivation))
BS    50   (15 + 30 + 5 (Advances))
S     40   (15 + 30 - 5 (Pride))
T     70   (20 + 30 + 10 (Archetype) + 10 (Advances))
Ag    30   (10 + 30 - 10 (Archetype) - 5 (Disgrace) + 5 (Advances))
Int   35   (5 + 30)
Per   35   (5 + 30)
WP    60   (20 + 30 + 5 (Archetype) + 5 (Pride))
Fel   35   (5 + 30)
Inf   40   (40)

Wounds: 27
Infamy Points: 3

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness +10
Common Lore (Imperium, War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Heresy, The Horus Heresy and the Long War)
Intimidate +10
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry +10

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Blind Fighting
Bolter Drill
Bulging Biceps
Combat Sense
Deadeye Shot
Die Hard
Disturbing Voice
Exotic Weapon Training (Plague Knife)
Fearless
Iron Jaw
Hardy
Hip Shooting
Legion Weapon Training
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Unarmed Warrior

Traits:
Amphibious
Regeneration (1)
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+5)

Mutations:
Chaos Organ - Unnatural Toughness +1, Regeneration (1)

Gear:
Legion Boltgun with 2 magazines
Legion Bolt Pistol with 4 magazines
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Plague Knife
3 Blight Grenades
2 Legion Krak Grenades
Legion Terminator Armour - Acquisition x2
 Careful Maintenance - Choose two additional sub-systems that the armour still has functioning.
 Auto-senses
 Bio-monitor and Injectors
 Osmotic Gill Life Sustainers
 Sustainable Power Supply
 Vox Link
Legion Combi-Bolter Gutshredder - Acquisition
 Legacy of Plague - A target that the weapon wounds must pass a T Test or suffer 1d5–2 temporary Damage to S, T and Ag for the duration of the combat.
 Merciless Pattern
 Massacre - The weapon gains the Devastating Quality, with a value equal to one half the Heretic’s Inf Bonus.
Legion Chainfist - Acquisition
(11:10:33 PM) imouto: MaliciousOnion: Merciless legacy ability: 7 (1d10=7)
(11:12:41 PM) imouto: MaliciousOnion: power armour customisation: 5 (1d10=5)

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 4, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Flint Ironstag, of the Iron Warriors
"Sometimes, I feel like I came in at the end. The good times are over, everything worth doing has been done. The Crusade, Istvaan V, the Iron Cage. I hear the veterans talking about all that when they bothered to talk to us at all in between artillery bombardments in the trenches. Not much has changed in the last 10,000 years, its the same poo poo. Iron Within, Iron Without, Mutation Within, Mutation gets chopped off and Iron Within again. Thats about all that happens to a Iron Warrior these days if he doesn't catch a fussilade of bolt rounds or slagged by plasma. Live long enough and you get to be like me, the Chosen ones. They seem to think just because they made it this long they're special. They ain't poo poo either, they're just really good at not getting their heads shot off and killing. Me? Oh I'm good at both thats why I'm here too."

"Got the word from this Hydra fucker, Alpha Legion, shadiest of the shady, that he needed a crew for a new ship. My squad of chosen got cut down time after time, we did Merc work in the Screaming Vortex. It was me, Butch Deadlift, Splint Chesthair, and Brass Hardcheese. We were the best, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. We were close like brothers, which is rare because normally Marines are out to kill eachother to get up on top. Not us, we knew the truth. Even if you became a prince you was a slave to the Gods. We said gently caress that, we'll fight till we die. Die we did last week on Terra Nova. A commando gig, take out the Terminator Lord and his retinue in the midst of the base camp to start off an assault, then hold the keep until relieved. Hydra fuckers set up the job, set up the guns, even set up the teleport. I mean it was the ballsiest poo poo we ever did but it paid well and they had it all mapped out.

So in we went, we had to pull butch out of the loving ground on the drop, he teleported into the ground had to dig him out. That was the easy part. We raised all kinds of hell, also the easy part. We didn't get the basterd it turns out but we got his boys. Brass ate the fussilade of Combibolter fire as we breached the skull throne room, I shoved him out the way and shot the Lord's Terminator Champ dead center with the Cannon. Max power, max Blast. He fell and his friends ate the splash but they survived. Splint dropped the guy on the right with the melta as he charged but the son of a bitch wouldn't die, the World Eater Terminator chainfisted him off the deck, sent him flying to the ceiling. Tough guys, gotta respect them. Me and Butch cleaned house on the rest but then the Lord charged in, got into it with Butch. He said to go and went at it, Power Sword vs Power Fist. Butch was the best. I never saw him again."

The Iron Warrior smokes a Cigar as he ponders in thought. "Oh what happened to me? I got shot while I blew apart khorne berzerkers and scrubtier ex guard, woke up in a stormraven surrounded by Alpha Legion. I'm down a secondary heart but they say they'll give me a new bionic heart. Just gotta take one more job. gently caress it, my brothers are gone it can't hurt more than that. Crew on a ship, Void Master or some poo poo. poo poo I can handle siege warfare, ship warfare can't be that hard. gently caress it I'm in. Last ride of the Apocalypse, poo poo I live in it."

"That was actually a pretty awesome gig. We were on Scintilla, Capital of the Calixis Sector to stash out warrant and snatch some guy out of the Inquisitions reach. I helped plan the train jacking, cut holes in the roof so the team could breach in multiple cars. And got to blow Arbites the gently caress away. Black Ops in the heart of the Imperium, it was glorious. We extracted some guy, Oscar whose a pro Armourer by the way. Also some drugged out psyker chick as a bonus. Tizzy was her name or some poo poo. Then there was the job in the Koronus Expanse, captured and sacrificed a rogue trader and dueled with a light cruiser."

A puff of smoke blows in the air as the Astartes laughs. "That didn't work out too well but we lived. There was the space hulk deal where I met Jayden, sorta. Killed some orks, Blood Angels, and nids to snatch a Warrior. Then there was some milkrun to get some samples from a death world. And then I died. On the admech base or station I can't remember. First Dark Eldar were in the room then my backpack full of plasma went off. Then I was in the warp."

"I was reunited with my brothers but forced to relive their final mission day after day for years. We would always meet up, try to change the plan, who did what but it always ended the same. Then Jayden came to me. Said if I swore allegiance to her and Slaanesh she would bring me back to life. I told her gently caress no. Then she repeated the offer and said she'd bring the horsemen back. Me, Butch Deadlift, Splint Chesthair, and Brass Hardcheese. After 3 years in the warp reliving the same nightmare I couldn't say no to that. So I took her offer and now I wage war on her behalf against all comers. No big goal, just to put on a show. As long as I'm not stuck in that nightmare, that's fine by me let the bitch watch. Me and Hellbringer got slaying to do and nothing is gonna stop me from Apotheosis. And then, I'm gonna enslave that bitch for making me do this. She knows it too, apparently she can't wait till we are on even footing to fight, so it would be fair or so she says. One day at a time, another ride into the Apocalypse. But it won't be the last."

pre:
Name: Flint Ironstag
Archetype: Veteran of The Long War
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Violence
Alignment: Slaanesh
Special Abilities:
The Eternal Enemy (Cold Killer)
Abhorrence Unchained

Characteristics:
WS  30 (30)
BS  50 (30 + 15 + 5[Archetype])
S   40[60] (30 + 10)
T   40 (30 + 10)
Ag  50[55] (30 + 10 + 10[Advances]) [Legacy of Excess]
Int 47 (30 + 20 - 3[Motivation])
Per 50 (30 + 15 + 5[Disgrace])
WP  50 (30 + 20 + 5[Archetype] - 5[Pride/Disgrace])
Fel 40 (30 + 10[Advances])
Inf 40 (40)

Wounds: 19
Infamy Points: 4
Corruption: 30 [Archetype/Motivation]

Experience: 5,500/5,500
Banked Experience: 0

Advances: [3 Unaligned/5 Slaanesh]
Veteran of The Long War Archetype (3600 exp)
Tech-Use (200)
Simple Agility Advance (250)
Intermediate Agility Advance (500)
Excessive Wealth (200)
Rapid Reload (200)
Simple Fellowship Advance (100)
Intermediate Fellowship Advance (250)
Charm (100)
Deceive (100)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Enemy (Adeptus Astartes)
Excessive Wealth
Hatred (Adeptus Astartes, Imperial Guard)
Jaded
Legion Weapons Training
Lightning Reflexes
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Traitor Legions, Warlords)
Rapid Reload
Sprint [Bionic Locomotion]
Quick Draw
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakeable Will

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness +10
Charm
Common Lore (War)
Deceive
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Codex Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Warp)
Intimidation +10
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Survival
Tech-Use

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4) 
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Implants:
B.C. Bionic Locomotion
B.C. Embedded Auspex
B.C. Mind Impulse Unit

Mutations:
Daemon Weapon (Daemonette)
- True Name Unknown
- Willpower 33
- Base Resist against possession is 70
- Binding Strength 0
- "Bound" to Hellbringer
- Lashing
- Shrieking
- Vicious
Face of Slaanesh

Starting Equipment:
Legion Power Armour
Legion Bolter w/4 Magazines Traded in to acquire weapon mods
Legion Bolt Pistol w/2 Magazines
Legion Combat Knife
1 Legion Frag Grenade
1 Legion Krak Grenade
Demolition Kit
Trophy Rack

Acquisitions
Wealth: G.C. Legacy Legion Heavy Bolter "Hellbringer"
Legacy of Excess
Bellicose Pattern
Overkill
Slayer
#1: Weapon Upgrades: Belt Feed/Recoil Baffling (Used Legion Bolter Trade-in)
#2: Best Craftsmanship Bionic Locomotion x4 
#3: Best Craftsmanship Embedded Auspex
#4: Best Craftsmanship Mind Impulse Unit
Tradein: Upgrade armor to BC with trade in of 2 BC Bionic Locomotion systems

Armor
Mk. 7 "Aquila" Power Armour AP: 11[Body]/9[Rest] (Option 1)
Customization: Chain Bandoliers
Social Bonus: +5 Charm
Enhanced Strength: +20
Auto-Senses: Offline
Life Sustainer: Offline
Biomonitor: Online (Option 2)
Pain Suppressant:  6 Doses
Vox-Link: Offline
Magnetised Boots: Offline
Recoil Suppression: Offline
Dexterity Modifier: -10
Nutrient Recycling: Offline
Sustainable Power Source: Yes (Option 3)
pre:
WS     BS     S      T      Ag     Int    Per    WP   Fel  
30   50[60] 40[60]   40    50[55]  47   50[80]   50   40

Wounds: 19 / 19    Infamy: 4/4   Fear Rating: 2  Initiative: 1d10+5
Movement: Half Move: 6 Full Move: 12 Charge: 18 Run: 36 Sprint: 72
SB: 8  TB: 8/10[Legs]
Awareness: 60[100] (Embedded Auspex/Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight])
Dodge: 60[65] (Legacy of Excess)
Parry: 30
Tech-Use: 47[57] (MIU]
Armour: Arms 9, Body 11, Head 9, Legs 9

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
Hellbringer 150m -/-/8 1d10+19[21] X Pen: 10[20] Belt: 100/100 Rld: Half 
Special: Concussive (2), Gyro-Stabilized, Never Jams, Razor Sharp, Slayer, Tearing
Legion Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9 X Pen: 4 Clip: 8/8 Rld: Half Special: Tearing
Legion Combat Knife 1d10+8 R Pen: 2
Legion Frag Grenade 30m 2d10+2 X Pen: 0 Ammo: 1/1 Special: Blast (4)
Legion Krak Grenade 30m 2d10+8 X Pen: 6 Ammo: 1/1

Special Abilities:
The Eternal Enemy (Cold Killer): Chosen are masters of conflict and combat, and few are better at crippling 
or killing their opponent. When a Chosen inflicts Zealous Hatred on a target, he may choose to reroll 
the Crit Result. The second result stands.

Abhorrence Unchained: Every Veteran of the Long War harbours an undying hatred of the Imperium 
that fuels his murderous rampages while sowing the seeds of his inevitable damnation. 
Across the battlefield of ages he strides, a blood-soaked nightmare whose steps are thunder and 
whose battle-roar is death. Whenever a Veteran of the Long War slays a foe for whom he has the 
associated Hatred Talent, he may make an Ordinary (+10) Infamy Test. If he succeeds, he gains the 
Fear (2) Trait against that type of foe and his attacks inflict +1 Damage (to a maximum of +10) against 
enemies of that type until the end of the encounter.

Noteworthy CSM Implants
Noteworthy Traits
Noteworthy Talents

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 7, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Question: Can I trade in my Bolt Pistol and Bolter for weapon upgrades and craftsmanship upgrades?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

:frogsiren:ATTENTION I AM A GROTESQUE FUCKUP:frogsiren:

quote:

<Waci> how much do advanced archtypes cost
<Dopethrone> 3600xp for humans, 4100 for marines
<Waci> WHAT
<Waci> ahahahaha ok
<Waci> do you uuuh
<Waci> wanna take a look at the human archtypes
<Dopethrone> those are the numbers i've seen
<Waci> where did you see those numbers
<Waci> since those numbers make no sense
<Waci> how do you get from "The Chaos Space Marine veterans introduced in this chapter are roughly equivalent to a beginning
<Waci> Chaos Space Marine character with an additional 3600 experience points. The Human characters are both roughly equivalent to a beginning Human Disciple of Chaos with an additional 4600 experience points."
<Waci> to 2600 for humans 4100 for CSM
<Dopethrone> gently caress me
<Dopethrone> yeah idk what the gently caress, i must've misread or something
<Dyne> lol
<Dopethrone> gonna fix that, good thing you caught it now

So yeah, human archetypes now cost 4600, marines cost 3600. To compensate for my rank illiteracy I've bumped up the starting xp by 500 and humans get a further 500. I'm sorry :negative:

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 1, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Wait are you saying that Human Archetypes cost more than Chaos Marine Archetypes? And that those of us that picked a Human Archetype actually had 1000 xp less than we thought? Because the Archetype cost 1000xp more than we thought? And thus even with an extra 500 xp we are going to have to cut 500 xp?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Ryuujin posted:

Wait are you saying that Human Archetypes cost more than Chaos Marine Archetypes? And that those of us that picked a Human Archetype actually had 1000 xp less than we thought? Because the Archetype cost 1000xp more than we thought? And thus even with an extra 500 xp we are going to have to cut 500 xp?

Human archetypes cost 4600. Human characters start with 6k xp.
Marine archetypes cost 3600. Marine characters start with 5500xp.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Okay, well I went and edited my character. It turns out that the difference between an advanced archetype human costed at 3600 with 5000xp total and one costed at 4600 with 6000xp total is actually 0 (since you've just bumped both numbers up by 1000 things ultimately work out the same, you have 1400xp to spend left over either way), but for someone making a straight character from scratch it'll have more of a difference.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Aldenir Evren
Ex-RT that went all Slaanesh-worshippy and became a pirate.
pre:
Name: Aldenir Evren
Archtype: Pirate Prince
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Perfection
XP (unspent): 6000 (0)

WS:50=25+20+5
BS:25=25
S:24=27=25+2-3
T:30=25+5
Ag:50=25+15+5+5
Int:40=25+10+5
Per:45=25+15+5
Wp:30=25+14-3-3-2
Fel:60=25+20+5+5+5

Wounds: 13=15-1-1

Corruption: 30=25+5
Infamy: 40=25+15

Skills:
Acrobatics
Awareness +10
Charm +10
Command +10
Commerce
Common Lore (The Ragged Helix, Imperium, Imperial Navy)
Deceive +10
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Pirates)
Scrutiny
Navigate (Stellar)
Operate (Voidship)
Parry +10
Tech-Use
Interrogation
Psyniscience
Trade (Voidfarer)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Swift Attack
Betrayer
Cold Hearted
Counter Attack
Double Team
Enemy (Imperial Navy)
Excessive Wealth
Jaded
Lightning Reflexes
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Rapid Reaction
Weapon Training (Chain, Power, Las, SP, Primary, Bolt)
Inspire Wrath

Traits:
Maniacal Narcissist (WS)
Creatures of Comfort
The Quick and the Dead

Gifts and Rewards:
Eye of Chaos
Daemon Weapon

Equipment:
Best Craftsmanship Bolt Pistol
Best Craftsmanship Legacy Daemon Power Sword 
-Willpower 34
-Binding Strength 4
-Swiftness
-Legacy of Excess (Fellowship)
-Versatile Pattern
-Unholy Union
Good Quality Alcohol
Obscura
Spaceship
Beguiling Gem
Unholy Icon
Best Craftsmanship Conversion Field
Best Craftsmanship Light Power Armour
-Careful Maintenance
-Auto-senses
-Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
-Vox Link
-Magnetised Boot Soles
-Robes of Torment
-Ceramite
-Ablative

Acquisitions:
Wealth: Best Craftsmanship Light Power Armour with upgrades (traded away BC Light Carapace)
1:Upgrade starting power sword into legacy weapon
2:Unholy Icon
3:Beguiling Gem
4:Best Craftsmanship Conversion Field (traded away BC Cartograph)

Advances: 
Pirate Prince of the Ragged Helix archtype -4600
Dodge +10 -200
Inspire Wrath -300
Simple Fellowship -100
Charm +10 -200
Deceive +10 -200
Simple Agility -250
Simple WS -250

Waci fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 2, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
khorne apostate incoming. how does god alignment work while in character generation? and is our infamy aquisitions based on the 25 starting infamy or the final infamy total we have when chargen is over (i.e. if I buy three plus +5 infamy advancements for a total of 40 infamy, that's 4 aquisitions, correct?)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Alignment works as written; if you have five more advances from one god than any other or if you're an archetype that starts you out as aligned. Infamy tests for gifts and such use final infamy, but acquisitions work off the modifier; if the total mod for the thing you're trying to get equals -10 or better you get it automatically.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Forums Terrorist posted:

Alignment works as written; if you have five more advances from one god than any other or if you're an archetype that starts you out as aligned. Infamy tests for gifts and such use final infamy, but acquisitions work off the modifier; if the total mod for the thing you're trying to get equals -10 or better you get it automatically.

I have five more Tzeentch advances than any other, but I don't have 10 Corruption; do I still start out Tzeentch-aligned?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Anodesien the Siege-Breaker, Iron Warrior

Anodesien's teeth glare under his dead eyes as he speaks, as if a shark were wearing power armor, "I always tried to tell my brothers that the work of the Iron Warriors was pure glorification of Tzeentch." He laughs and holds up a hand to silence the marine across from him, "seriously, think about it. The enemies of the Iron Warriors are those with the strongest fortifications. Their purpose? To maintain status quo, to keep whatever the fortress is guarding as is. That's total stagnation. What does the legion do?"

He pauses for a second before slamming his fist on the table, cracking the wood, "Bam! We come in with fire and and tanks and artillery, and we take that giant edifice of stagnation, and we tear it down to the fething ground. We take safety and security, and shake it up, turn things on their head. Now that," he pauses to create a globe of fire in his hand, "is a glorification to the God of Change if I ever heard it."

He snaps his finger and the fire moves from his left to his right hand. "Now sorcerers don't have the most prominent place in our legion, its mostly Warpsmiths these days. That said, a sorcerer able to peer into the future, to project and locate weaknesses, can turn the tide of battle."

He claps his hands together. The fire disappears for a second, darkening the room, before he opens his hands again, and the fire splits between both hands. "That shite is boring. I'm a Siege-Breaker, I march on in, TK bolts knocking in doors, and fire bathing rooms, bringing with it the screams of the burning that even a Slaaneshi will love." Finally the fire is extinguished as quickly as it appeared. "Because while that mind reading shite helps, it ain't as fething fun; and I'd rather venerate Tzeentch up close and personal."

pre:
NAME:       Anodesien the Siege-Breaker
ARCHETYPE:  Vet of the Long War 
PRIDE:      Devotion     
DISGRACE:   Destruction
MOTIVATION: Dominion
ALIGNMENT:  Tzeentch

Weapon Skill:    45     30 +10+5
Ballistic Skill: 35     30 +5 
Strength:        30     30 +5-5 
Toughness:       40     30 +10 
Agility:         36     30 +10-4 
Intelligence:    40     30 +10 
Perception:      50     30 +20 
Willpower:       62     30 +20+5+5+2 
Fellowship:      38     30 +10-4+2 

Wounds:  19=20-1
Infamy: 43= 25+15+2+1
Corruption: 26= 25+1

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness +10
Common Lore (War)
Command
Dodge +10
Decieve
Intimidation
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy, the Long War, Codex Astartes, Psykers)
Linguistics  (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Psyniscience +10
Scholastic Lore (tactica Imperialis)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Ancient Warrior
Ambidextrous
Bulging  Biceps 
Enemy (Adeptus Astartes)
Hatred (Adeptus Astartes, Imperial guard)
Jaded
Peer (traitor legions, warlords)
Lighting Reflexes
Legion Weapon Training
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakable Will
Psy rating (3)
Favored by the warp

Psyker Powers:
Mind over matter 
Telekenetic Shield
Precognition
Glimpse
Manifest Flame
Fire Bolt
Fire barrage
Warp Vortex

Gifts and Rewards:
Massive Intellect 

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural  Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Abilities: 
Sorcerer (from thousand sons): Psy rating 3 and bound
Abhorrence Unchained: Whenever slay enemy have Hatred Talent for, make +10 Infamy test,
If successful gain Fear (2) and attacks inflict +1 damage (max +10) for rest of battle. 

Gear:
Legionnaire  Power  Armour
-Spikes customization
-Sustainable Power source
-Enhanced ceramite plating
-auto-senses 
Legionnaire Bolter w/ four mags
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Legion Bolt Pistol w/ 2 mags
1 legion frag grenade
1 legion krak grenade
Trophy Rack
Force Sword (from thousand sons)

Acquisitions:
refractor field
psy focus
Legion Flamer w/ extended mag and maglock holster

XP Log: 5450/5500
Vet of the Long war 3600
(T)Favored by the warp 400
(T)Psyniscience known 100
(T)Psiniscience +10 200
(U)Mind over Matter 100
(U) TK shield 200
(U)Precognition 100
(U) Glimpse 100
(U)Manifest Flame 100
(U)Fire Bolt 100
(U)Fire Barrage 250
(U)Warp Vortex 200
<Werix> .roll 1d10 power armor customization
<imouto> Werix: power armor customization: 4 (1d10=4)

Werix fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 2, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

I have five more Tzeentch advances than any other, but I don't have 10 Corruption; do I still start out Tzeentch-aligned?

Did you factor in the corruption for the higher starting xp?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I still need to work out my acquisitions but I'm otherwise done. Forums Terrorist, please provide one mutation - Nurgle aligned, 40 Infamy.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 2, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Forums Terrorist posted:

Did you factor in the corruption for the higher starting xp?

I tried asking you about that in irc last night. Do you mean the stuff in the black box on page 47 that says you get +5 corruption per each 1K of starting exp? If so, does that apply to the advanced archetypes as well, or does the stuff in each archetype box over ride that?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
And if that does apply, should we factor in the extra infamy as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

If you are a standard archetype you get +15 Infamy and +25 Corruption from the increased starting xp. If you are an advanced archetype you get nothing (since they already grant additional Infamy and Corruption).

• Locked thread