Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

darealkooky posted:

At least with GER it's at the very end of the fight instead of at the start of halfway through that they get the "if I hit you with this I win" powerup

But... Johnny got his powerup at the very end of the fight. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But... Johnny got his powerup at the very end of the fight. :psyduck:
Dio even screwed him over with Johnny's own power.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 2, 2014

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Beating Diavolo was going to be easy except Polnareff can't stop loving up

The protagonists in Part V only won because their biggest obstacle became a turtle.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think the thing was Pucci was Jotaro's time stop did not last long enough. The only reason Pucci did not slaughter them all was because Jotaro's time stop could screw him as he would not be able to move. Jotaro's problem was that his time stop does not last very long and it takes a few seconds before he can do it again if he stopped time at a moment that Pucci was too far away for him to beat down. Pucci beat them by forcing Jotaro to choose between saving Jolyne and killing him.

But he had c moon at the time

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hot drat did Jesus have some DSL!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Butt Ghost posted:

Hot drat did Jesus have some DSL!

It's well known that Jesus was a total hottie.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

darealkooky posted:

every major villain has either lost to some major nonsense, or they murdered all the protagonists

The true hero of part 4 is the emt driving the ambulance

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm late but the best way to summarize King Crimson's powers is and always will be that Futurama episode with the time holes

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

That really is and always will be the best way to explain it.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Finished part 5 and I miss invisible baby.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Robviously posted:

That really is and always will be the best way to explain it.

I dunno, I always that that explanation was a little misleading. In the Futurama episode the time skips are just windows of time where everybody forgets what happened after the period but they still had full control of their actions during the period, whereas King Crimson basically can delete the next 10 seconds and only Diavolo can act and experience the time he deletes. The only part of his power that Futurama explains is what the time skips look like for its victims, when that's the easiest part to understand.

If anything, Time Keeps on Slippin' is more similar to Made In Heaven except instead of time increasing at a gradual rate it accelerates and decelerates rapidly.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 3, 2014

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I thought Diavolo couldn't act during the time skips either, he just used Epitaph to know what would happen and change his plans accordingly.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nah he could act freely, that's how he picked up Narancia during a skip and threw him on that fence.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
If Diavolo could act completely freely during time skips, I think things probably would have gone differently. The impression I got was that during times when he appeared to act during time skips (when he grabbed Trish out of the elevator, and when he killed Narancia), he was actually just using the time skips to cover up his attacks (skipping through the periods of time immediately before and after he attacked). I don't remember him ever being shown attacking anyone during the periods of time he erased.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
He can move around. He just can't kill anyone during the skips, because those get erased.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

So he used Epitaph to find a moment when nobody was looking at Narancia, then activated KC a few seconds early, walked up, tossed Narancia when nobody was looking then escaped. During this time he removes the time when he approached and escaped.

If it was a fighting game, he could basically use KC to remove the windup and recovery frames from his attacks but not the active frames because then the attack wouldn't occur at all. He could also do the opposite to an opponents attack and remove the damaging frames while still leaving them open from the recovery.

KC should have broken as gently caress in the fighting game:aaa:

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 3, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Finished part 5 and I miss invisible baby.

Invisible Baby would go on to develop the most memorable and imitatable poses of all of the Joestar family.

Unfortunately, she was invisible, so no one ever saw them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

Nah he could act freely, that's how he picked up Narancia during a skip and threw him on that fence.

No He just skipped over the moments of narancia screaming in pain and bleeding to death.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I made a point of watching that Futurama episode again recently to see how it relates to King Crimson, and like Broseph Brostar up there, I don't really think it's the be-all and end-all of KC explanation.

That being said, I don't think Araki really understood KC either. What's the deal with Bruno seeing himself? I don't have a clue. Maybe it's rule of cool?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Aurain posted:

What's the deal with Bruno seeing himself? I don't have a clue. Maybe it's rule of cool?

I thought that was a weird out of body experience because that's when he became a walking corpse.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

King Crimson's actual power is to be unexplainable. Every time someone comes close to explaining how King Crimson works, it changes just enough to make the explanation wrong.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Andrast posted:

King Crimson's actual power is to be unexplainable. Every time someone comes close to explaining how King Crimson works, it changes just enough to make the explanation wrong.

I'm pretty sure this is canon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I thought that was a weird out of body experience because that's when he became a walking corpse.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly the case.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Andrast posted:

He skips time whenever someone comes close to grasping the concept, thereby erasing any rational explanation from existence.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Broseph Brostar posted:

So he used Epitaph to find a moment when nobody was looking at Narancia, then activated KC a few seconds early, walked up, tossed Narancia when nobody was looking then escaped. During this time he removes the time when he approached and escaped.

If it was a fighting game, he could basically use KC to remove the windup and recovery frames from his attacks but not the active frames because then the attack wouldn't occur at all. He could also do the opposite to an opponents attack and remove the damaging frames while still leaving them open from the recovery.

KC should have broken as gently caress in the fighting game:aaa:
Diavolo is in ASB, does that count? (he can't do anything except move during his time skips)

Here you go
http://youtu.be/6wDUNRA1ZB0?t=7m53s

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:stonk:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXzWAjlyEyc

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Andrast posted:

So just like Gold Experience :downs:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

amuayse posted:

So just like Gold Experience :downs:

"Your canon shall NEVER become reality!"

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Jojonium Vol. 2 is out get it on whatever digital distro platform you prefer.

Viz and Comixology didn't even announce it. I found out via a small picture on one of their newsletters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never even saw an announcement for it, what the gently caress, Viz?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Maybe they don't actually want to bother localizing Jojo, so they're self-sabotaging the gig to make it fail.

edit: Wait, Funny Valentine is fit as poo poo? His face made him look lardy.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 5, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Funny started out lardy then got swole. Blame corpse parts.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I just read that Part 6 was based heavily on Junji Ito's works
:aaaaa:

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Both mangaka are big on body horror so that's not a surprise

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Snails and flowers, man.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Looking back on it a lot of the panels from the Sports Max fight looked straight out of Ito

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Butt Ghost posted:

Maybe they don't actually want to bother localizing Jojo, so they're self-sabotaging the gig to make it fail.

edit: Wait, Funny Valentine is fit as poo poo? His face made him look lardy.

One of Araki's favorite tricks is making someone look more and more fabulous as their plot importance grows/becomes clear.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
He got hot with special powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm on the D4C chapters of SBR, and I'm just dropping by to say I have no earthy idea what the gently caress is going on, but I'm just happy to be justified rooting for Dio for once.

• Locked thread