Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Holy poo poo Montoya is the worst detective. She is pursuing a murder investigation against the only non-corrupt cop in Gotham, based on the word of the known criminal who ordered the murder and the eyewitness testimony of a homeless man she found on the docks. She does so despite there not being neither a body or a murder weapon because the victim, another of her informants, is actually alive without her knowing despite the fact that he has been living openly in the same city for what appears to be a week at this point. She does all this not out of any overt malice but solely due to her own incompetence.

Some future Montoya cases to look forward to:
  • Accuses a homeless man of insider trading of shares in Amnesty International.
  • A homicide in a local dive bar leads Montoya to place charges on a obstetric nurse based on the confidential disclosures of a heavily tattooed biker named 'Jackknife'.
  • Intensively questions a hot dog vendor in the street for two hours, while two blocks away a man dressed in a mosquito costume kills six bystanders with a novelty-sized hypodermic needle.
  • Arrests a city councilman based on information provided by a police informant, only for charges to be dropped after Montoya realizes the police informant was actually a singing trashcan she saw in a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Jonad posted:

Holy poo poo Montoya is the worst detective. She is pursuing a murder investigation against the only non-corrupt cop in Gotham, based on the word of the known criminal who ordered the murder and the eyewitness testimony of a homeless man she found on the docks. She does so despite there not being neither a body or a murder weapon because the victim, another of her informants, is actually alive without her knowing despite the fact that he has been living openly in the same city for what appears to be a week at this point. She does all this not out of any overt malice but solely due to her own incompetence.

Some future Montoya cases to look forward to:
  • Accuses a homeless man of insider trading of shares in Amnesty International.
  • A homicide in a local dive bar leads Montoya to place charges on a obstetric nurse based on the confidential disclosures of a heavily tattooed biker named 'Jackknife'.
  • Intensively questions a hot dog vendor in the street for two hours, while two blocks away a man dressed in a mosquito costume kills six bystanders with a novelty-sized hypodermic needle.
  • Arrests a city councilman based on information provided by a police informant, only for charges to be dropped after Montoya realizes the police informant was actually a singing trashcan she saw in a dream.

You forgot she's also pursuing the case in the hopes of restarting her romance with Gordon's wife.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

You forgot she's also pursuing the case in the hopes of restarting her romance with Gordon's wife.

Women are at their most vulnerable when they are emotionally distressed. :flashfact:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jonad posted:

She does so despite there not being neither a body or a murder weapon because the victim, another of her informants, is actually alive without her knowing despite the fact that he has been living openly in the same city for what appears to be a week at this point.

Not just living in the city, but openly and actively rising up within the organization of the second biggest crime boss in the city, including frequent face-to-face conversations with said mob boss. He was also employed at the restaurant/known hang-out of that mob boss, where a incredibly visible and public armed robbery/homicide took place while he was present.

The Question is gonna end up being named for Vic Sage becoming obsessed with the question of how the hell Montoya has a job.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Even her black partner is pissed off at affirmative action right about now.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Jerusalem posted:

Not just living in the city, but openly and actively rising up within the organization of the second biggest crime boss in the city, including frequent face-to-face conversations with said mob boss. He was also employed at the restaurant/known hang-out of that mob boss, where a incredibly visible and public armed robbery/homicide took place while he was present.

The Question is gonna end up being named for Vic Sage becoming obsessed with the question of how the hell Montoya has a job.

I really hope tonight's episode opens with Montoya getting kicked off the force being being a horrible cop and Bullock high-fiving Gordon for getting a bisexual wife (I realize that's stupid but it's something this stupid show would do).

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Jonad posted:

Holy poo poo Montoya is the worst detective. She is pursuing a murder investigation against the only non-corrupt cop in Gotham, based on the word of the known criminal who ordered the murder and the eyewitness testimony of a homeless man she found on the docks. She does so despite there not being neither a body or a murder weapon because the victim, another of her informants, is actually alive without her knowing...
Wow you are the first to make this point. Good work.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Blackchamber posted:

Wow you are the first to make this point. Good work.

He's gunning for her Position when she gets fired, obviously.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, probably should have just shot them from the start.

Victor Zasz?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 4, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

loving ZSAZS

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

If he's really done like his comic character he could be really great.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Waffleman_ posted:

loving ZSAZS

I couldn't remember where the s went.

He seemed to have brought along some Sin City cosplayers.

Man, Gordon is a terrible shot.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 4, 2014

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
So gordon gets shot in the back and is a ok?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh poo poo, he does the thing.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Going for the most Deus ex machinas in one minute record?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maaaaaybe, this will get the rest of the cops off their asses.

Nope. Highly doubt it.

And I was really hoping Bullock would come back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just gently caress OFF, Jada. God.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Honk Honk

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Any why won't Pengiun tell Maroni that Fish is planning on taking out Falcone?

Reasons.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Penguin is playing both sides. He wont tell because that isn't part of his plan.

edit: Hell yeah, Alfred.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Halfway through this episode I am officially all in on this show. I don't care if it's dumb I love it.

Zsasz is such a good choice for this show. And penguin is walking a good line between driving the plot and still being funny. Honk Honk!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Seeing Gotham Central being formed is kind of making me fanboy out a little.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

"Oh shoot we can't write our way out of this gang war."

"Sure we can! They just decide not to be at war anymore!"

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
So dumb

All these people

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Barbara is literally the dumbest person ever.

HOW CAN YOU HELP? We have never seen you do anything but stand around without pants and guilt Gordon.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I'm not sure that any of this makes any sense at all, but okay.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Barbara is literally the dumbest person ever.

Probably why Gordon never ends up with her in any continuity.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I mean gently caress these people are so stupid

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The Penguin's long con is so ridiculously convoluted at this point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Darko posted:

The Penguin's long con is so ridiculously convoluted at this point.

It's like he's writing an Xmen time travel story.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm loving Penguin.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
At last, my ridiculously circuitous plan is one quarter complete!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

It's like he's writing an Xmen time travel story.

Holy poo poo, this is exactly the correct description.

And Gotham is still the unintentionally funniest show on TV. As the camera pulled away from Jim and Barbara through the glass window at the end, I was practically hyperventilating with laughter.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This is the best show on TV.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Why do you guys like Penguin? DO you think he's acting and saying his lines good?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Drifter posted:

Why do you guys like Penguin? DO you think he's acting and saying his lines good?

He is consistently entertaining. Honk Honk

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'm not sure exactly how I feel about Penguin being a mole the entire time. It kinda made me like Cobblepot less. I was really enjoying his rise in the Maroni family. I'm sure we will see more but it just seems kinda spineless. I don't know maybe it's a good thing because it proves how crazy he really is and is going to get. Either way the show has definitely stepped it up fromt he first few episodes.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I like how during the shoot out at the police station, Gordon had to drop his gun after maybe six shots because he was out of ammo, yet Victor shot at least three times as many bullets from his gun without changing a thing.

Holy loving poo poo Barbara actually went back and became a hostage. Wow.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 4, 2014

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Dude Penguin robbed his boss then killed his guys. He has killed almost everyone he has had contact with. He is playing everyone against eachother. Dude is a legitimate badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Barbara is dumber than a brick. Jim only is with her for that sweet-rear end condo.

• Locked thread