Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dieland posted:

The new Terminator movie will have the same production quality as Bound 2.

Cannes audience violently split over 2 hours of Kimye loving on a motorcycle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

i think it's just a big ol' misunderstanding and the cast simply walked into the wrong set

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tensac posted:

Your clothes, give them to me NOW.

:eyepop:

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Machai posted:

Today's myth: "The new Terminator movie is going to be great!"

This is a really well-made photoshop, they just fit right into that scene.

I don't get how this Terminator robot is so dorky-looking. It doesn't look all that different from the older ones from T2 and whatever, but somehow it still looks like a total dweeb while the T2 ones look badass. Maybe it's the teeth? The angle of the head? Maybe it'd look better in action...

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
What are these pictures? Boring parking lot and shouting as you're shooting at the floor like a spaz translates into cool now, I suppose.
Why do they keep making stupid remakes and reboots that inevitably turn out to be stupid and lovely? Terminator was cool because it was innovative and had good cinematic qualities not because it came from the terminatorverse.

Do you guys think this is like the same process that gave rise in olden-times to various mythical creatures like vampires and unicorns and poo poo? Are there going to be, sometime in the not so distant future, just a category of mythic creature "Terminator" which is a Schwarzenegger robot that learns emotions impossibly every single time? I imagine one of my ancestors being all like "another Icthycentaur play? Ggeez, come up with something new already besides fish rear end dudes with crab claws on their heads."

That being said, those photos look like poo poo.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Palpek posted:

i think it's just a big ol' misunderstanding and the cast simply walked into the wrong set

pro-shop :tipshat:

HJE-Cobra posted:

I don't get how this Terminator robot is so dorky-looking. It doesn't look all that different from the older ones from T2 and whatever, but somehow it still looks like a total dweeb while the T2 ones look badass. Maybe it's the teeth? The angle of the head?
(tl;dr: new :downs:-800 endoskeleton head has a poorly-made face, old badass endoskeleton had a skull)

jaw is either extremely weak or partly missing, cheek section modeled after flesh instead of bone so it instead of menacing skull you have this too-rounded downsy look all the way through the area below the nose to the upper bridge of the nose and the far side of the cheek bone (instead of having a horrifying look of sunken-in steel gums on this one you can almost see lips), neck is too long and you cant help but mentally fill in that the flesh over it would have a weak or lanky trapezius muscle, head hanging weakly at a downward angle, chestpiece of the chassis that draws attention toward a central point of symmetry looks more like it was intended as a dorky logo instead of something functional

basically you could weld a pocket protector onto the thing to finish the look

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

demon wants to eat your soul . . . . . . . . . . . . . edward robot hands wants to learn to smile and love

how can you not know the difference between a face and a skull and get a job making this stuff

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

demon wants to eat your soul . . . . . . . . . . . . . edward robot hands wants to learn to smile and love

how can you not know the difference between a face and a skull and get a job making this stuff

Well it must be a prequel. The T-1000 is still happy because he has yet to hear how bad the movies after 2 are.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I like this new terminator he looks fatherly and kind

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dad Robot, So What?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Tbh those look really similar it's just a different angle and lighting

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

notZaar posted:

Tbh those look really similar it's just a different angle and lighting
usually on the internet its not a handicap to be a little less adept at noticing facial differences but this is one of those times my friend

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Machai posted:

Dad Robot, So What?

Dieland
Sep 12, 2014

I think it's the teeth and eyes.
The one on the left has yellow ghoul teeth and glowing red eyes. While the one on the right is suitable for a toothpaste commercial.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
also the neck is way too skinny

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
one looks like they made the flesh of the face out of metal particularly the angle and shape of the cheeks (and gave it broad friendly smile like dumbasses) the other is straightup skull this is easy

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 4, 2014

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
No I really think it's just the angle. They're both pretty boney looking.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
notice abrupt reflection on cheekbone of new 800 indicating a broad, front-facing cheekbone up to that point, spatial reasoning, not same models, facepalm, etc

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Here's a replica of the 90s terminator in similar pose
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/8321-t-800-endoskeleton-12-scale-replica/lg/8321-t-800-endoskeleton-12-scale-replica-004.jpg

Note how it also looks sheepish and unthreatening when unposed and in regular lighting.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Even if you take angle and lighting considerations, the new one definitely has teeth that are lame and a too-skinny neck. Maybe glowing eyes would help at least.

notZaar posted:

Here's a replica of the 90s terminator in similar pose
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/8321-t-800-endoskeleton-12-scale-replica/lg/8321-t-800-endoskeleton-12-scale-replica-004.jpg

Note how it also looks sheepish and unthreatening when unposed and in regular lighting.

Also, whoa, a 1:2 scale replica? :eyepop:
Not sure I'd want a 3-foot killer robot in my house

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im not saying its the difference between a dog terminator and a human terminator but if you arent picking up on any differences at all ...great

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Will Arnold Schwarzenegger reprise his role?

Will Matt Smith be John Connor? Is he a tech nerd with... a screwdriver?

Why would a studio green light this? Terminator doesn't need this fleshed out universe. It's such a shameless ploy.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a starwar betamax posted:

my hand is hovering over the probate button right now.... so you tell me

they launched a fuckin canon ball into someone's house lmao

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Acquire Currency! posted:

haha i forgot bout that

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

I hope they signed it and gave it to the homeowners as a souveneir

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Too fat/too skinny

Would not smash either

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Matt Smith (guy with the strange head) is a loving brilliant actor, and I hope his abilities are used in this film. I would rather see films with him in than our most prominent export Benedict Cucumberpatch.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I would rather see films with him in than our most prominent export Benedict Cucumberpatch.

They aren't forced to use either of them though.

Hollywood: Please stop. They look weird.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

seriously how does this face

end up in hollywood movies. leave him to english poo poo that no one watches

The whole cast is mysteriously lacking in testosterone really

The girl seems like the most manly of that lot, I don't believe any of them has even seen what a real gun looks like

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the contours of matt smiths face are the secret to unlocking the next generation of stealth aircraft

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Matt Smith (guy with the strange head) is a loving brilliant actor, and I hope his abilities are used in this film. I would rather see films with him in than our most prominent export Benedict Cucumberpatch.

haha you're going to pay money to see this

you saw the same promotional photos we all did and your reaction was "I should reward these people by giving them some of my own money"

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Torka posted:

haha you're going to pay money to see this

you saw the same promotional photos we all did and your reaction was "I should reward these people by giving them some of my own money"

Not at all, but I have seen lots of Matt Smiths work and that alone will encourage me to pay money to see this film .

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

utter poo poo

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
It looks like the new terminator was modeled after Matt smiths face.
Maybe that's the movies plot twist? The most effeminate man turns out to be the killer robot in disguise.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Dieland posted:

Bound 2 (Both the track and video) is vastly better than every Terminator after 2. Including that stupid TV show. And whatever movie they make.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dieland posted:

tracy morgan could save this movie

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Thought this might help with some shops.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
someone make him fight with Patrick Duffy's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Lowen SoDium posted:

someone make him fight with Patrick Duffy's head.

This needs to be done.

• Locked thread