Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
The Dem prez nom in '16 is going to be someone who actually wants to attempt to run the country while the GOP controls everything (for the first two years at least).
This is a person who is either insane, a masochist or a naive dreamer. Or a woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Republican and Democrat politicians have the same hooker and blow dealers.

Makes you think.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

thanks global warming. it was 80 degrees in massachusetts last week.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

ghlbtsk posted:

The Dem prez nom in '16 is going to be someone who actually wants to attempt to run the country while the GOP controls everything (for the first two years at least).
This is a person who is either insane, a masochist or a naive dreamer. Or a woman/disfigured man pretending to be a woman.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
let me run the country

I've played so many paradox games you don't even realize son

I would line item veto THE gently caress out of some F35 spending I tell you what

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

how strange then that when it comes right down to it on the senate floor both parties pass the buck and go 'it's up to the states to decide'

almost like... it was designed that way...

:aaaaa:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

let me run the country

the secret is if you decrimalize everything crime goes down and taxes go up, and you can trick private citizens into funding emergency services for themselves.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

let me run the country

I would line item veto THE gently caress out of some defense spending I tell you what

F that, Ive played so many Total War games. Let me run it. I'll take a new city every other turn.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bondage posted:

almost like... it was designed that way...

:aaaaa:

pf don't give me that gov 101 poo poo; half the states can't even run themselves properly and rely on federal welfare

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
Franco, please gas the Senate, tia

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

let me run the country

I would line item veto THE gently caress out of some F35 spending I tell you what

unconstitutional per scotus

give them a good tumble?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

half the states can't even run themselves properly and rely on federal welfare

this is gov 201

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the people who get it are too cynical to try to make a difference in politics because it never changes
politics never changes because the people who get it are too cynical to try to make a difference

i think the solution to this problem is to replace politics with the over/under toilet paper roll debate because everyone loves talking about that

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Weed is legal now in Oregon and DC so I guess that's cool?

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008

Chinatown posted:

VOTING IS HOW I CAN EFFECT CHANGE IN A REAL WAY GUYS

*chooses to shop at Wal-Mart*

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

mr.capps posted:

the people who get it are too cynical to try to make a difference in politics because it never changes
politics never changes because the people who get it are too cynical to try to make a difference

i think the solution to this problem is to replace politics with the over/under toilet paper roll debate because everyone loves talking about that

you just stick the roll on the floor on its side and pick it up and unroll it by hand.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Exactly five posts down from this one, I will make a joke about how the midterm elections..... are a lot like Pokemon.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drink Cheerwine posted:

unconstitutional per scotus

give them a good tumble?

fine veto the whole thing until something reasonable comes across my desk :colbert:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

That DICK! posted:

Exactly five posts down from this one, I will make a joke about how the midterm elections..... are a lot like Pokemon.

they suck?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TOILETLORD posted:

you just stick the roll on the floor on its side and pick it up and unroll it by hand.

hOLY poo poo

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

TOILETLORD posted:

I agree with you completely let's be friends

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Xen Tricks posted:

Wait what Washington dc?

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Wait what Washington dc?

quote:

In D.C., voters decided to legalize marijuana by an overwhelming majority. The only thing that can stop them now is Congress, which can veto voter-proposed measures.

Apparently

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008

Pillow Clerk posted:

can't wait 'til the waters rise, and florida shrivels up in size like the desiccated old man wang it is

Just quoting my post bc I'm proud of it. Think it's a good post.

Florida is full of old people, you see.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
at the very loving least that bugs bunny gif will come true before I die

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ghlbtsk posted:

This is a person who is either insane, a masochist or a naive dreamer. Or a woman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOrWrh9xqM

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Drink Cheerwine posted:

give them a good tumble?
It's good to be the Commander in Chief!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
theres a shithead republican from maryland who will try to gently caress up dc pot

hes gonna be real salty about it too bc he hosed up last time

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008

mr.capps posted:

The Independents are those who sit the roll sideways atop the empty spool.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
So the only places that are not hellholes yet are Minnesota and the Pacific Northwest?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Drink Cheerwine posted:

give them a good tumble?
have your own children murdered

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
thats basically the solution to everything in ck2. hm, can i stab this away?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

ok so we breed special nuke detecting cats and then subtly infect the human consciousness with lore about avoiding them

*plucks banjo* ohhh stay the gently caress away from glowing cats, glowing cats, glowing cats. stay far the gently caress away from gloooowing caaats, er'ly in the morrrning

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

stabbing or making you a spymaster and sending you to 'study foreign technology'

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

Xen Tricks posted:

Using your political equity to tackle the truly important problems of our days. Good job progressives!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey bob guess what, you just got made court chaplain. now be a mensch and go tell Chief Aangerman "the Christian Eater" about the good news of jesus christ wont you.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

sauer kraut posted:

So the only places that are not hellholes yet are Minnesota and the Pacific Northwest?
Minnesota was helped significantly by the fact that Al Franken's Republican opponent turned out to be a guy who owns an arm of an investment firm that moved to Bermuda to avoid taxes, and he also shut down a mill in Montana even though it was making money and over 400 people lost jobs in the process.

You could also have them go lead an army in a holy war against about 936 million Muslims.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Bondage posted:

Using your political equity to tackle the truly important problems of our days. Good job progressives!

Washington passed stricter gun control laws but also elected a Tea Party R to the House iirc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
rick scott is such a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

TEAYCHES posted:

didnt canada elect a ridiculously right wing government? where do you have room to talk?

Because poo poo rolls downhill and Canada's lovely Harper government is only following the lead of your corrupt pieces of garbage trash.

gently caress you.

• Locked thread