Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If you aren't confused by the final battle of any arc past Diamond is Unbreakable at at least one point, I'd honestly be impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

When does the physical jojunium come out? I don't want to hear poo poo for excuses from my comic book shop. I will have a wall of JOJO.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

edit: Wait, Funny Valentine is fit as poo poo? His face made him look lardy.
Dude just pulls progressively fitter versions of himself. May as well do it when your ability is travelling between parallel universes.

By the way, D4C's ability reminds me of the protagonist of an excellent comic, Qualia the Purple (link goes to ADTRW thread which has links to the comic itself), especially with this image:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

KidDynamite posted:

When does the physical jojunium come out? I don't want to hear poo poo for excuses from my comic book shop. I will have a wall of JOJO.

February

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I'm wondering how Jolyne can stay in one piece considering everything her body goes through. Stone Free apparently gives you Wolverine tier regeneration apparently.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Plankton heals!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Alright, okay, Dio and Hot Pants vs Valentine might be one of the best fights in the series.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

amuayse posted:

I'm wondering how Jolyne can stay in one piece considering everything her body goes through. Stone Free apparently gives you Wolverine tier regeneration apparently.

Didn't the Stardust Crusaders cast take some crippling hits throughout the story and kept on trucking like nothing happened apart from Avdol getting shanked and Kakyoin getting shades? Like, Jotaro just shrugged off getting stabbed by Anubis like it ain't no thing for example.

Jolyne comes after her dad is what I'm saying.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Butt Ghost posted:

Alright, okay, Dio and Hot Pants vs Valentine might be one of the best fights in the series.

HE'S GOING FOR THE COUCH

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

Jolyne comes after her dad is what I'm saying.

Except even more hardcore. :colbert:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Except even more hardcore. :colbert:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I was thinking more of the meteor fight where huge chunks of her body was removed. Jolyne and Co. must consist of 90% plankton and stitches.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how the Zombie Horse never got any explanation, it just existed and then became "get me any thread and I can fix poo poo up because zombie horse"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That reminds me, we don't actually have a Designated Healing Power in Jojolion yet, do we? Then again, there haven't been a lot of actual punchfights in JJL so far.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Soft and Wet will take away the injuries of a person for maximum JoJo protagonist broken stand power.
He'll just keep doing it so when they come back, he just gets rid of them again.
:v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

Soft and Wet will take away the injuries of a person for maximum JoJo protagonist broken stand power.
He'll just keep doing it so when they come back, he just gets rid of them again.
:v:

Better yet, removing the injury and applying it to someone else.

Joshuu's stand seems like it'd be capable of healing people but that would require Joshuu to not be a loving jackoff rear end in a top hat to be helpful for once

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
If Joshuu doesn't end up having to use Nut King Cole to reattach his own penis, I'm gonna be very disappointed.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I still can't quite wrap my head around Soft & Wet. It's easy to explain, but so incredibly vague once you think about it.

So, he can shoot bubbles, which steal something, even intangible things, and stores them in the bubbles. When those bubbles burst, the stolen thing comes out. We've seen Josuke steal cat's hair, sight, water from a body, smell, sound... Apparently he can steal absolutely anything temporarily. Is it one of those crazy powers that are effectively only limited by imagination? Could Josuke kill someone instantly by stealing their life? (And even revive others by transfering that bubble to them?) Is his power entirely based on theft puns in Japanese?

Oh well. Not that it matters, really - Part 8 seems to barely contain any classic Punchman battles (there's that stone dude, and... that's it), and more battle puzzles... or just puzzles, for that matter. Which is sweet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Torquemadras posted:

I still can't quite wrap my head around Soft & Wet. It's easy to explain, but so incredibly vague once you think about it.

So, he can shoot bubbles, which steal something, even intangible things, and stores them in the bubbles. When those bubbles burst, the stolen thing comes out. We've seen Josuke steal cat's hair, sight, water from a body, smell, sound... Apparently he can steal absolutely anything temporarily. Is it one of those crazy powers that are effectively only limited by imagination? Could Josuke kill someone instantly by stealing their life? (And even revive others by transfering that bubble to them?) Is his power entirely based on theft puns in Japanese?

Oh well. Not that it matters, really - Part 8 seems to barely contain any classic Punchman battles (there's that stone dude, and... that's it), and more battle puzzles... or just puzzles, for that matter. Which is sweet.

Also beetles.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I really wouldn't complain if Beetle Tendency lasted until 2016.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Andrast posted:

Also beetles.

Beetle puzzles.

If this guy's Stand is to flip things over, like that weird cane from the Zelda games, it could be a hugely entertaining stand in future battles, with a little creativity - and if there's any manga out there creative with its powers, well...

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

Soft and Wet seems pretty overpowered, yeah. It's at least up there with Weather Report in terms of sheer versatility, on top of being an auto-win if a bubble touches the opponent. Having said that, Heaven's Door was also a ludicrously powerful Stand that still got interesting fights (though mainly because he generally fought against Stand-negating Stands that forced him to essentially fight without it).

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Butt Ghost posted:

edit: Wait, Funny Valentine is fit as poo poo? His face made him look lardy.

Pudgy Valentine is around for awhile, then he gets the Holy Ribcage which gives him The Buffness of the Christ

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Soft and Wet seems pretty overpowered, yeah. It's at least up there with Weather Report in terms of sheer versatility, on top of being an auto-win if a bubble touches the opponent. Having said that, Heaven's Door was also a ludicrously powerful Stand that still got interesting fights (though mainly because he generally fought against Stand-negating Stands that forced him to essentially fight without it).

Sure, I have absolute confidence it's gonna be interesting in any case. There's been an increasing number of "fights" where the characters spent the majority figuring out what the hell is going on, so I'm not too worried about overpowered abilities!

Also, even being the incredibly broken power that it is, Heaven's Door introduced us to Another One Bites the Dust. There was something utterly hilarious and at the same time terrifying about Rohan flipping through the pages, and suddenly there's a tiny Killer Queen going 'sup :haw: ' and Rohan blows the gently caress up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Has Soft and Wet ever stolen more than one thing at a time? Making your opponent's blind is pretty powerful but if that's all you can do then they can still fight back.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

President Valentine was the best Jojo villain because he accepted Jesus into his heart.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
*he accepted Jesus's heart

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

*he took the first napkin. Dojya~n!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

President Valentine was the best Jojo villain because he accepted Jesus into his heart.

But did he ever learn that sex is useless? Abstinence only, kids.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I would say Soft & Wet is overpowered if we hadn't already seen Gappy in like half a dozen interesting battles.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, Johnny got a pep-talk from Jesus and that doesn't make him the best Jojo. :colbert:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Well, Johnny got a pep-talk from Jesus and that doesn't make him the best Jojo. :colbert:

Yeah, other things make him the best Jojo. Like his sarcasm, using his fingernails to peel veggies, and his weird-rear end bug bite fetish.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffleman_ posted:

his weird-rear end bug bite fetish.

I think you have "best" and "worst" confused somehow.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Angry Walrus posted:

I think you have "best" and "worst" confused somehow.

Don't you dare call Johnny worse than Jonathan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nah man, that scene was amazing.

"Let's tell each other our deepest secrets. Here's my real name."

"I kinda like it when girls get bitten by mosquitoes."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Nah man, that scene was amazing.

"Let's tell each other our deepest secrets. Here's my real name."

"I kinda like it when girls get bitten by mosquitoes."

Ok, maybe Johnny is the best. Tied for best Male Jojo with Joseph at any rate.

Best Jojo is actually Jolyne by the way.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ok, maybe Johnny is the best. Tied for best Male Jojo with Joseph at any rate.

Best Jojo is actually Jolyne by the way.

These are two wrong facts. Josuke is the best, Part 4 is the best everything.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Zen gets it.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Don't you dare call Johnny worse than Jonathan.

Technically, Johnny is Jonathan. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah. It's definitely got the best final fight though.

• Locked thread