Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mike-o posted:

A lot of us have butt problems and cysts, Mr nice has ball pain. :shrug:

Cerebral ballsy, arthritis in both hips, hosed knees and back, and now completely hosed guts. Got eiffel towered at a civilian GI place earlier in the week. They found some inflamed tissue. No loving clue right now what's wrong.

But you know what helps? Pot. loving sheldon adelson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I spent six years of my life blowing poo poo up and getting yelled at and I guess I could have been getting laid and blogging about twitters or whatever millennials do instead work but now I'm a welfare queen that hates everything and prays for the apocalypse, I'm not sure I'd trade it for anything. Also gently caress you just because.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I gots the PTSD, scar tissue buildup on my shoulder blades, nerve damage on my right arm, tinnitus and ~30% hearing loss. Oh and my knee is hosed but somehow that's not service related because that's totally normal at 22 when it first started. 90% because ~VA math~

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

But you know what helps? Pot. loving sheldon adelson.

When I went from recreationally smoking pot in huge quantities at random to medicinally dosing it and trying it as a therapy I went from severe Chronic IBS to I poop at the same time two times a day and I weigh less than I did when I left for boot camp.

What I'm saying is, weed is both the cause and cure to all of my problems that aren't Judaism.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hosed knees, back, and hearing loss, and a screw in my right foot.

good times.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
im sad, the govt pays me because im sad, lol.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lower back hurts

But does any 20 something year old not have back pain I mean come on

People develop serious service related issues definitely, no doubt. But I hate people getting ratings for poo poo completely unrelated. Like when they dumped their bike and busted their knee or shoulder and they got cut off I swear! Or admin people with a slew of health issues. People rewarded for just not taking care of themselves

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 7, 2014

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Depression that somehow started to clear up when I left my godawful unit, and I'm missing (more or less) 2 discs in my back where my spine wanted to play with the nerves directly. Doesn't normally hurt but if I twist wrong or lift wrong, I'm down for a few days. Most days it's just residual numbness on the outer edges of my feet though, and that never goes away.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Christoff posted:

People related for just not taking care of themselves

Sleep apnea comes to mind lol

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My body grew the super power of being able to pick a random point in the future to pump all the blood from my entire body into my chest cavity but hopefully I'll go into shock and pass out before I experience a horrific death over about the space of 7 minutes.

Also, I'm literally retarded now.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

i'm one of the lucky ones/benefits of being a peacetime reservist.
damage is:limited hearing loss. and i'm 10 yrs older than most of you.
no VA claims, no PTSD, no cares in the world.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ManOfTheYear posted:

How many of you vets got somehow injured in your service? Either by regular wear and tear or by accidents or during employment. Also how bad is it?

Crummy lower back, shoulder problems, a sweetheart case of tinnitus, stress fractures. It's pretty sexy being 30 and grimacing when getting out of a chair.

I've swallowed enough de-icing fluid that's most likely unhealthy.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
You guys are honestly a sad lot. Thank god for my european communist utopian civilian life.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ManOfTheYear posted:

You guys are honestly a sad lot. Thank god for my european communist utopian civilian life.

Thank a soldier. o7

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ManOfTheYear posted:

You're welcome for our service.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
if you're in germany can you mail me some döner kebabs and some kreuzburg hefe-weizen, tia

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm just fat.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ManOfTheYear posted:

Historically, I'd guess people saying "My decision to go to foreign lands and fight other men for pay has really been working out for me, no regrets" have always been in the minority.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Dead Reckoning posted:

Historically, I'd guess people saying "My decision to go to foreign lands and fight other men for pay has really been working out for me, no regrets" have always been in the minority.

there needs to be a modern Lex Sempronia Agraria (in addition to the GI Bill)

fygm

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

ManOfTheYear posted:

Don't thank me, thank my recruiter.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ManOfTheYear posted:

if by god you mean the american veterans whose presence in euroland kept your shithole country from being overrun by the soviet menace and your entire family being sent to siberian gulags to starve to death since theyre all too gutless to fight for themselves

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if by god you mean the american veterans whose presence in euroland kept your shithole country from being overrun by the soviet menace and your entire family being sent to siberian gulags to starve to death since theyre all too gutless to fight for themselves

This is actually something we did. thanks great-grandpa

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ManOfTheYear posted:

a finn huh, i got nothing then

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

ManOfTheYear posted:

oh yeah whys it in english smart guy

edit: winter war was so cool gently caress russia

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Finland is cool. Y'all make some good rally drivers.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
hey can you guys kill some more russians, that'd be cool.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rolled my ankle bad enough to need to get weight off it a couple times, hosed up my back using lovely form on deadlifts, but I don't have anything I claim through the VA. I'm sure my knees will start bugging me early as well, though.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

ManOfTheYear posted:

How many of you vets got somehow injured in your service? Either by regular wear and tear or by accidents or during employment. Also how bad is it?

There is pretty much literally no such thing as a non-disabled veteran.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DownByTheWooter posted:

edit: winter war was so cool gently caress russia

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War

that kdr, god drat

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Thanks, Shim. You can be my wingman anytime

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

poo poo was tight. I think I heard that one Russian commander had a bit of a Pyrrhic victory and remarked that they gained about enough land to bury their dead.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Interstellar is a pretty cool movie, that a lot of people will get super confused over.

A+ would recommend if you're a giant space sperg like meeeee

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
thanks for reminding me, gonna go watch that poo poo this weekend if i can.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

5:1 is p good but you should peep the 6 day war kid

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Yeah but Arabs are even less human than Slavs. It's like 10 slavs to equal 1 white person and like 30 arabs to equal a slav

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
So vets are always crying about war poo poo not being in the news or recognizing their hard work and sacrifices, now this veteran's day they don't want people to thank them for their service?

what the gently caress is wrong with us?

You know, it never sat right with me when I would get thanked, because I know there are dudes that are 10 times the warrior I'll ever be still serving, or no longer around, but I know these people always mean well. Stop being cry baby bitches about this poo poo. Jesus gently caress. Complain about legit stuff like awful va treatment instead. drat.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

So vets are always crying about war poo poo not being in the news or recognizing their hard work and sacrifices, now this veteran's day they don't want people to thank them for their service?

You know, it never sat right with me when I would get thanked, because I know there are dudes that are 10 times the warrior I'll ever be still serving, or no longer around, but I know these people always mean well. Stop being cry baby bitches about this poo poo. Jesus gently caress. Complain about legit stuff like awful va treatment instead. drat.

thx 4 u serv

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

elite_garbage_man posted:

I'd rather see fulfilled promises than empty thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Keira Knightly goes topless.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/fashion/keira-knightley-by-patrick-demarchelier#_

• Locked thread