Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

pebbled again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
On the plus side Lowtax learned his lesson and pandered endlessly to the Let's Play crowd and now look at us

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
pull the buttcord

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Oh god, shut the gently caress up, you self-involved rear end in a top hat. This is the poo poo I'm talking about. This is when I get to the point where I just start wondering, "Do you have a loving job? Don't you have to go to the supermarket? Don't you have to pay some bills?" HOW THE gently caress DO YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME CRAWLING UP YOUR OWN NAVAL-GAZING rear end in a top hat DEFINING JUST EXACTLY HOW YOU EMBRACE YOUR "WOMEN-NESS"!?

You are never going to be validated as a woman because you, wait for it, AREN'T A loving WOMAN. A "normal" man is never going to validate you as a woman because the sort of men who will flatter and admire a woman will only give you that sorta of validation or rush if you trick them, which you already admitted. That only leaves you with the fetishists, which you are apparently too good for.

Look, your life doesn't get to be perfect. No one's life is exactly how they want it. I wanted to be the youngest ever WWF Intercontinental champion when I was a kid, now look at me. You wanted to be a girl with real girl parts in a big pink poofy dress and live in a castle where the strong manly man would protect you. Well, grow the gently caress up. Is every relationship with a fetishist gonna work out? Of course not. Every relationship of any time doesn't always work out. But it is your best bet. And yes, it might feel weird that only fetishists are interested in you, but you are a sexual freak. That's not an insult. Nothing wrong with being a sexual freak, but that is what you are. Fetishism might seem creepy when you are the object of it, but that's just the way it is. If you are 400 pounds, you better embrace the fat fetishists because that is gonna be your best bet. If your a cripple who likes men to suck on their arm stomp, or you like to get punched in the face during loving, you're gonna have to accept the fetishists as your main intimate partners.

While you are so goddamn self-involved with how you feel and what you want and how nice validation from a man in a bar is, have you considered the other side of that equation? No, of course you haven't.

Let me give it to you. That "volunteer firefighter" really is a volunteer firefighter. In fact he used to be a full-time firefighter. At the time he and his fiancee of six years were planning their marriage. Then one night after a party he finds her loving 2 of his fellow firefighters. He confronts her afterwards and she drunkenly says many very hurtful things about him that invalidate him as a man, a provider, and a lover. They break up and not being able to go in every week and see the men who hosed his fiancee, he quits working as a firefighter and gets a typical desk job, but he becomes a volunteer firefighter so he can still help fight forest fires. You see, he is a huge environmentalist, apparently another thing that his fiancee felt didn't make him a Real Man. And now, after six years he is single, and he's into his early 30s and feels like he has lost an entire chunk of his life, having wasted it on that loving oval office of a fiancee. Men a decade younger than him already have a wife and children. At the gym he sees younger guys attracting all the looks from the girls on the treadmills and suddenly he feels like he is standing still. He hits the bar scene, completely out of practice, and embarrasses himself, appears old or out of touch, girls laugh at him after he buys them drinks and they wander off, but he really is a sweet guy who was heartbroken and doesn't know how to start again. He feels too old to go to the night clubs, so he sticks in the lesser popular bars, usually during the week. Finally he meets a girl at one of these bars who is attractive and laughs at his jokes, and stays after he buys her a drink, and she seems to really like him. So HE feels validated and they talk and drink until closing time and then she wants to come home with him. So this volunteer firefighter feels like a man again, feels a little ego boost and self-worth that can only come from an admiring woman, and they end up back at his place and talk and drink some more and begin to make out, and he is finally feeling that maybe he can recover from losing six years of his life, maybe he still has something to offer, and while they kiss, tongues in each other's mouths, his hand goes up her leg and as he pulls her panties to the side, a cock flops into his fingers. And suddenly he realizes the truth: he's been making out with a loving tranny. And all those things fears, insecurities, and his broken heart come swimming to the surface. He's humiliated, disgusted, probably pretty sexually confused, and now the tranny is on his couch talking about "her" personal validation and how she didn't mean to let it go this far, but it felt nice, and she was so excited that a man treated her like a woman and not like a funny gay man, and this volunteer firefighter is sitting there shell-shocked, thinking about seeing 2 of his buddies nailing his beloved fiancee from both ends, remembering all the awful things his finacee said to him when she was drunk, remembering how depressed he was that the girls in the gym don't look at him anymore, and how excited and happy he was that this girl in a bar seemed charmed by him and that it validated him, and now 2 hours later she's a weeping tranny on his couch talking about her needs.

Yeah, someone might end up getting loving punched in that situation, and you'd deserve every bruise. Think about someone else for a little bit. You might WANT and NEED certain things, but guess what? So does everyone else, and they might be closer to the edge than you are.

Grow the gently caress up.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

TEAYCHES posted:

lf wasnt topping nearly 1000k ppl every day because it was only shitposting. it fell because of groverhaus. this is basic something awful history bro. the admins thought it would be funny as poo poo to kill it and look where we are today as far as traffic

do you really think that it was entirely due to the admins trying to destroy it because of sheer wickedness and not because you had a collection of unmedicated lunatics arguing at length about whether trans women posting in a thread were too threatening to cis women? like, groverhaus was the death blow, but don't pretend that there weren't a bunch of hosed-up people in there before it got rfa'd

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tower time posted:

Oh god, shut the gently caress up, you self-involved rear end in a top hat. This is the poo poo I'm talking about. This is when I get to the point where I just start wondering, "Do you have a loving job? Don't you have to go to the supermarket? Don't you have to pay some bills?" HOW THE gently caress DO YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME CRAWLING UP YOUR OWN NAVAL-GAZING rear end in a top hat DEFINING JUST EXACTLY HOW YOU EMBRACE YOUR "WOMEN-NESS"!?

You are never going to be validated as a woman because you, wait for it, AREN'T A loving WOMAN. A "normal" man is never going to validate you as a woman because the sort of men who will flatter and admire a woman will only give you that sorta of validation or rush if you trick them, which you already admitted. That only leaves you with the fetishists, which you are apparently too good for.

Look, your life doesn't get to be perfect. No one's life is exactly how they want it. I wanted to be the youngest ever WWF Intercontinental champion when I was a kid, now look at me. You wanted to be a girl with real girl parts in a big pink poofy dress and live in a castle where the strong manly man would protect you. Well, grow the gently caress up. Is every relationship with a fetishist gonna work out? Of course not. Every relationship of any time doesn't always work out. But it is your best bet. And yes, it might feel weird that only fetishists are interested in you, but you are a sexual freak. That's not an insult. Nothing wrong with being a sexual freak, but that is what you are. Fetishism might seem creepy when you are the object of it, but that's just the way it is. If you are 400 pounds, you better embrace the fat fetishists because that is gonna be your best bet. If your a cripple who likes men to suck on their arm stomp, or you like to get punched in the face during loving, you're gonna have to accept the fetishists as your main intimate partners.

While you are so goddamn self-involved with how you feel and what you want and how nice validation from a man in a bar is, have you considered the other side of that equation? No, of course you haven't.

Let me give it to you. That "volunteer firefighter" really is a volunteer firefighter. In fact he used to be a full-time firefighter. At the time he and his fiancee of six years were planning their marriage. Then one night after a party he finds her loving 2 of his fellow firefighters. He confronts her afterwards and she drunkenly says many very hurtful things about him that invalidate him as a man, a provider, and a lover. They break up and not being able to go in every week and see the men who hosed his fiancee, he quits working as a firefighter and gets a typical desk job, but he becomes a volunteer firefighter so he can still help fight forest fires. You see, he is a huge environmentalist, apparently another thing that his fiancee felt didn't make him a Real Man. And now, after six years he is single, and he's into his early 30s and feels like he has lost an entire chunk of his life, having wasted it on that loving oval office of a fiancee. Men a decade younger than him already have a wife and children. At the gym he sees younger guys attracting all the looks from the girls on the treadmills and suddenly he feels like he is standing still. He hits the bar scene, completely out of practice, and embarrasses himself, appears old or out of touch, girls laugh at him after he buys them drinks and they wander off, but he really is a sweet guy who was heartbroken and doesn't know how to start again. He feels too old to go to the night clubs, so he sticks in the lesser popular bars, usually during the week. Finally he meets a girl at one of these bars who is attractive and laughs at his jokes, and stays after he buys her a drink, and she seems to really like him. So HE feels validated and they talk and drink until closing time and then she wants to come home with him. So this volunteer firefighter feels like a man again, feels a little ego boost and self-worth that can only come from an admiring woman, and they end up back at his place and talk and drink some more and begin to make out, and he is finally feeling that maybe he can recover from losing six years of his life, maybe he still has something to offer, and while they kiss, tongues in each other's mouths, his hand goes up her leg and as he pulls her panties to the side, a cock flops into his fingers. And suddenly he realizes the truth: he's been making out with a loving tranny. And all those things fears, insecurities, and his broken heart come swimming to the surface. He's humiliated, disgusted, probably pretty sexually confused, and now the tranny is on his couch talking about "her" personal validation and how she didn't mean to let it go this far, but it felt nice, and she was so excited that a man treated her like a woman and not like a funny gay man, and this volunteer firefighter is sitting there shell-shocked, thinking about seeing 2 of his buddies nailing his beloved fiancee from both ends, remembering all the awful things his finacee said to him when she was drunk, remembering how depressed he was that the girls in the gym don't look at him anymore, and how excited and happy he was that this girl in a bar seemed charmed by him and that it validated him, and now 2 hours later she's a weeping tranny on his couch talking about her needs.

Yeah, someone might end up getting loving punched in that situation, and you'd deserve every bruise. Think about someone else for a little bit. You might WANT and NEED certain things, but guess what? So does everyone else, and they might be closer to the edge than you are.

Grow the gently caress up.

you stupid oval office

you stupid, stupid oval office, you don't understand a drat thing

you loving idiot, this doesn't even have anything to DO with you, FUCKSTAIN

It's not "being made fun of" that I object to, you illiterate retarded loving shitstain CUNTRAG. I know how that works, imbecile. Pay loving attention.

It's absolute morons like you who think there's such a thing as "bad posting" - define it, you can't' - and repeat the word "unfunny" like a mantra because there's literally NOTHING ELSE you can possibly use, and it's vague enough that it's basically meaningless anyway. I'm a white-noise poster and best AND at worst. I always was. And you loving well know it, you oval office. YOU KNOW IT. I never posted anything that anyone could possibly have remembered the following day. Somehow that means I deserve to be banned. Twice in one week.

It's absolute morons like you who loving scream at me for trying to stop the threadshitting instead of screaming at the loving threadshitter himself. I KNOW you don't loving care, you stupid oval office, I DON'T WANT YOU TO CARE. How can you possibly think I want you to care, you dumb motherfucker? I was trying to make Sawfish boy stop loving making GBS threads up every thread he can find me in. That is all I ever wanted, and you think I'm the villain for it. All anyone ever had to do was leave me the gently caress alone, but you loving CAN'T, and you know why? Because I was always going to take the loving fall because that's how the cards are stacked. I'm obviously getting banned, quite possibly permabanned, and all because some cunts happened to be bored. Why leave me alone when you can cause a massive burnout/meltdown?

How the gently caress DARE you scream at ME for taking exception to being loving stalked so I can be used as a shitposting Judas Goat? How the gently caress DARE YOU make ME the loving bad guy in this scenario?

And of course, long posts like this are sneered at too. "LOL YOU CARE ABOUT AN INTERNET FORUM". Yeah, well, guess what, YOU'RE ALSO POSTING ON AN INTERNET FORUM, IDIOT. You wouldn't have posted that despicable poo poo if you didn't also care. Besides, I've got a good reason to care. Two, actually. One: I was enjoying posting here and reading the politcal cartoon thread. It was funny. It was a fun thing to do. And then people like Flub ruined it, ruined this thread for everyone, but hey: he'll probably get loving Plat for getting me banned. More importantly, this is a pay forum. $10 for being kicked in the teeth by a oval office with a red avatar and then get punished for being kicked in the teeth by a oval office with a red avatar. In a sane world I'd get a refund for this poo poo.

But that's how the Internet works, you see. It's loving highschool again, only with the classes removed and just the social power structures left. The original jocks don't post on the Internet of course, because they're too jogging around cities wearing suits and barking into iPhones, but the nerds are in their element. They can finally become the popular jocks. They can finally be top of the league, the tormentors instead of the tormented. And so it goes that the nerds themselves divide in exactly the same way, with the most ruthless, least intelligent-seeming at the top.

And under these auspices we all bathe in a ceaseless carnival of negativity, because obviously negativity is what's cool. A Spore creature shaped like a lynched black man? YOU HAVE MY LOLS GOON SIR. Here's a picture of a decapitated baby! EDGY! It doesn't need a point! It just needs to be pointlessly offensive! Here's Hitler dressed as a pimp standing over a Jewish grave! You know, if the Holocaust were inherently funny, they wouldn't have had the Nuremburg Trials. See, that's black comedy. Not just yelling THE HOLOCAUST! LOL! These are the criteria under which I'm judged to be "unfunny" (which assumes I was trying to be funny in the first place, which I usually wasn't, even).

Basically what I'm saying is the Internet is poo poo, but it's mostly tolerable except when you get victimised and then victimised again on top of that.

I hope you loving die, Axelblaze, you piece of poo poo. You're scum. You're the worst in the room. You see someone being kicked to death and punch him for yelling "Stop". If I could, I'd beat my $10 out of you personally through the monitor screen. No less than I deserve.

Obviously no-one read any of this. Mostly you'll have just barked at print and subconsciously translated it into . Which, to be far, is accurate, but not adequate. I don't think. (The fact that I've made most of your criticisms of this post already probably won't stop you from making them again like you're really loving original and witty; it didn't last time) The only reason I bother posting all of this is, as I said, I'm obviously getting banned for Flub's threadshitting, so nothing matters and I might as well post a gigatic rant against everything that's wrong with the Internet. That's why I posted the first one, by the way. Anyway, quote this eight hundred times, take a vote on who's going to buy flublandDrussiavelt (or whatever) Plat. Hell, get him Archives too. Just send him a loving cash prize. Congratulations, fishman: you're the biggest gently caress in the room. Wasn't this thread about political cartoons once instead of being about me? Ah, well. It's obviously entirely my fault for one reason or another.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Effectronica posted:

do you really think that it was entirely due to the admins trying to destroy it because of sheer wickedness and not because you had a collection of unmedicated lunatics arguing at length about whether trans women posting in a thread were too threatening to cis women? like, groverhaus was the death blow, but don't pretend that there weren't a bunch of hosed-up people in there before it got rfa'd

the crew threads sucked and turned into insane circlejerks, but that really was the minority and its what everyone remembers. the rest of lf was fine

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

I reversed image searched this and its real :cripes:

e: the font made me think this was a segment from the 90s and fox was maybe crazier back then but no its from 2011 :cripes:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

the crew threads sucked and turned into insane circlejerks, but that really was the minority and its what everyone remembers. the rest of lf was fine

yeah, but i'm just saying that their existence necessarily soured lf for everyone outside of it

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet
bring back lf

Hamish Campbell
Jan 2, 2006

At least we didn't get dressed up for nothin'
LF was a good forum.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Al Nipper posted:

wddp.org is the one I remember. Probably a half dozen others by now.

Ok this will be interesting, I'll just sign up and...

quote:

New account registrations will not be approved unless an existing trusted (i.e. not some random inactive-for-years legacy account) user vouches for them by forum PM. Emails regarding account approval will be ignored.

Motherfuckers

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Effectronica posted:

thank christ the fat thread offsite doesn't condemn all of gbs

Fat thread offsite? Really??

bting back lf

Hamish Campbell
Jan 2, 2006

Effectronica posted:

Yeah but it was easy to digest the lunatics when you assumed everyone was trolling all the time.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
all the actual bad or stupid stuff in lf has been beaten by worse in pyf & gbs

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
and e/n

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
didn't everyone who would serious-post in lf migrate to SRS on reddit

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Exclamation Marx posted:

all the actual bad or stupid stuff in lf has been beaten by worse in pyf & gbs

damning with faint praise masterfully

Hamish Campbell posted:

Yeah but it was easy to digest the lunatics when you assumed everyone was trolling all the time.

sure, but if you were outside of lf...

Hamish Campbell
Jan 2, 2006

Anyway maybe I read the wrong forums but I never knew anyone actually gave a poo poo about gendered pronouns.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hamish Campbell posted:

Anyway maybe I read the wrong forums but I never knew anyone actually gave a poo poo about gendered pronouns.

people who never read lf assume it was exactly like tumblr is now

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Effectronica posted:

sure, but if you were outside of lf...

so what. fyad is inscrutable too to a lot of people. so is gbs. so is this entire retarded website

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

TEAYCHES posted:

so what. fyad is inscrutable too to a lot of people. so is gbs. so is this entire retarded website

yeah, but we don't assume malice on the part of those people, just stupidity.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

right, there was only one pictures thread, and not enough porn

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

the most vocal minority parts of tumblr are terrible and stupid, they make tumblr look stupid as a whole, same logic applies

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Hamish Campbell posted:

I actually remember a few threads about it, but yeah as far as I recall it wasn't actually a major thing on lf.

... if it came back, I'm sure it would be now.

Edit: Dammit, now even I kinda of want LF back.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

all i want is to reread the serbia lp :(

and also to know what happened to my hero, autopsey turvey

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

babypolis posted:

all i want is to reread the serbia lp :(

the images are all dead :(

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Xaris posted:

theres nothing stopping GBS from being LF :twisted:

it's already 60% of the way there. you just need to make it happen goons!

Can we have a forum invasion of /pol if this happens?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
lf was a disease groverhaus was the cure

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

remember when mods closed lf then were all "sure we'll reopen it" then were all "we lied, just go to d&d" and hired a terrible new mod and banned all mentions of lf in d&d

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
we just need evilweasel to die an ironic death and the circle will be complete :twisted:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jonad posted:

lf was a disease groverhaus was the cure

destroyed by its greatest own...

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

rezatahs posted:

we just need evilweasel to die an ironic death and the circle will be complete :twisted:

going to start a "evilweasel is the handsomest mod on somethingawful thread", brb

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Got word from the powers that be: LF is slated for a comeback!!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
thanks angerbod

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
unban box of teeth

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

angerbot posted:

what did garbage day have to do to lowtax for him to agree to it?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

angerbot posted:

thats good news, thank you for telling it to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
free ironicwarcriminal

• Locked thread