Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fair enough, I finished the game and the only house I see in elderwood village is that forest spirit guys so, little confused. Will run around the town again later then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fair enough, I finished the game and the only house I see in elderwood village is that forest spirit guys so, little confused. Will run around the town again later then!

its a bit below that, talk to the bird

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also have lots of money. 200,000 I think.

At least money is really easy to get in this game. Just go craft poo poo on auto+ for a while and there you are. I think I flooded the Riveria market with Grilled Tuna Heads. And it's either just cooking in general or fish cooking that was the first (and still only) skill I got to 15 so far.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

McDragon posted:

Also have lots of money. 200,000 I think.

At least money is really easy to get in this game. Just go craft poo poo on auto+ for a while and there you are. I think I flooded the Riveria market with Grilled Tuna Heads. And it's either just cooking in general or fish cooking that was the first (and still only) skill I got to 15 so far.

Money's no issue for me, respec barely even touches me and I have like 1,000,000+

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
By the time I got to Port Puerto I had like 100,000 Dosh, I should have had the option of buying the entire city. Sometimes I get lazy and just straight up buy a ton of crafting mats because the ROI is loving bonkers, especially for foodstuffs.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah discovering that with my current skills and Shopping+ from the Bliss Bonus, I can buy all the mats for (I am using) Iron Daggers, whip them up in bulk real fast, sell them for 30-50% over cost, then rinse and repeat with more, was a good moment.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

So, what crafting life has the best ROI in general? I just got back from the desert and now I'm ready to make money.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

How Ingratiating! posted:

What other RPG was I mixing it up with to keep calling it Survivalist :doh:

probably etrian odyssey.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

gmq posted:

So, what crafting life has the best ROI in general? I just got back from the desert and now I'm ready to make money.

They're all pretty good. I had a lot of success with Carpentry but YMMV.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

gmq posted:

I had a lot of success with tailoring and carpentry. They're both relatively easy to get materials for, and a lot of the higher quality recipes give serious Dosh. I ended up selling a lot of furniture/clothes I didn't like while leveling up those jobs, and I got a ton of money to cover the costs and more.

One of my favorite things is buying materials like thread and stuff in batches of 20-40, watch my Dosh total go down by the thousands, and remake all of it and 50% more.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Inflammatory posted:

probably etrian odyssey.

For some reason I also keep forgetting what The Tree Choppy Class is called. I keep wanting to call it Outdoorsman.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

Corridor posted:

its a bit below that, talk to the bird

What bird? Can someone screenshot?

TheRevolution1
Sep 21, 2011
AFAIK the elder wood and levitainia/terra nimbus houses are dlc only.

TheRevolution1
Sep 21, 2011

TheRevolution1 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 8, 2014

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

precision posted:

For some reason I also keep forgetting what The Tree Choppy Class is called. I keep wanting to call it Outdoorsman.

Deforester.

I got far enough to have my level and stat caps lifted, and immediately did a respec for 100 Luck. Gimme all the drops!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I am going to rank up my crafting classes like crazy now http://reveriaexplorer.com/gatherer

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Argue posted:

I am going to rank up my crafting classes like crazy now http://reveriaexplorer.com/gatherer

Welp. That's a pro click. :dance:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What a large image.

But yeah that bird isn't here, I assume if I have the Al Maajik house or Port house it isn't a option? Only other I can think of.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What a large image.

But yeah that bird isn't here, I assume if I have the Al Maajik house or Port house it isn't a option? Only other I can think of.

I'm inclined to say it's DLC only along with the Terra Nimbus house.

Also at what point can you do the Creator post-quests you get from your Masters without dying? Should I re-spec because these bosses and mobs don't gently caress around, and I'm level 91 and a boss can still kill me in two hits.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 7, 2014

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Those are DLC only I think. After I bought the DLC there were six options on the "Go Home" menu instead of three.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I finally caught an Ornamental Carp, and now the game is taunting me by not letting me catch a simple Giant Plains Sweetfish, even though I caught and sold like a dozen of them already. And yes I'm putting all my points into Luck now. :argh:

On the other hand I keep getting Rare stuff from gathering nodes (I assume the items that "sparkle" are Rare, anyway).

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

precision posted:

I finally caught an Ornamental Carp, and now the game is taunting me by not letting me catch a simple Giant Plains Sweetfish, even though I caught and sold like a dozen of them already. And yes I'm putting all my points into Luck now. :argh:

On the other hand I keep getting Rare stuff from gathering nodes (I assume the items that "sparkle" are Rare, anyway).

uh... stuff sparkles?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Corridor posted:

uh... stuff sparkles?

I didn't even notice till precision pointed it out. The rare item names sparkle. Also every time I unlock a master as an ally, I always end up disappointed that they're still nowhere as good as Ophelia.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
This game is unexpectedly charming, and I've actually laughed out loud at the dialogue at points. "Like little drops of sad water fallin' on dirt." Christ.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Allarion posted:

I didn't even notice till precision pointed it out. The rare item names sparkle.

Yeah, the little name bar that pops up when you pick an item up will sparkle if the item is rare. When you get to the endgame areas basically everything you ever pick up sparkles though, so you stop noticing it after a while :v:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

If rarity is indicated by the sparkle, what do red bags indicate? I thought that was rarity, but I get gemstones in white bags from ore.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Argue posted:

If rarity is indicated by the sparkle, what do red bags indicate? I thought that was rarity, but I get gemstones in white bags from ore.

Valuable things :shrug: Better/higher-tier items = more likely to sparkle and/or be in red bags. I don't think there's any kind of exact system to it, or if there is, it's probably not a particularly important one. It's just a way to make items look a little flashier so it feels more satisfying to hoard them, I guess.

EckyThump
Jan 16, 2012
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure the red bag just indicates an item of four or five star Rarity. It's not really that useful.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Blargh.

I'm God-ranked in all but my least-favourite two lives now: Angler and Cook. And it's because of that fecking Golden Swordfish quest. It's the very last quest for Angler, and I can't make the last couple recipes for Cook without it either.

Must have slept and toddled back to Tortugo Archipelago about twenty times by now, and each time it's just been Normal Swordfish. Kind of doing my head in. I hate the Angler life, fishing is definitely my least favourite aspect of this game.

Continue to love Queen Ophelia for going on quests with. Me and her and Yuelia slaughtered our way through the second challenge level in the Ancient Tower today. It was fun! And bloody. No monster escaped Queenies' wrath.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm probably picking this game up this weekend and I'm curious how crafting plans work. Do you buy new plans, find them, unlock them as you level, or something else? And is there an in-game way to keep track of crafting stuff or is it better to have a wiki open nearby?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Ranking up is done by talking to your master every time you complete a sufficient amount of challenges. Every time you rank up in a crafting class, you unlock a new set of recipes. For gatherer classes, you could theoretically gather everything you need without ranking up, but doing so will unlock moves and stat bonuses that will let you gather faster. Same with combat classes and defeating enemies.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

you can check your recipes at any time in the menu

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

For those of you interested in how the God-rank Alchemy and Cook recipes that give you perma-stat increases work when respeccing - you have the option to either respec just your level-up points, or delete your candy points and respec your level-up points. You can only have an extra 100 candy points in total, and if you use the Tome or Mirror to reset your stats and delete your candy points you don't get them back and all your precious candies were wasted.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Becklespinax posted:

For those of you interested in how the God-rank Alchemy and Cook recipes that give you perma-stat increases work when respeccing - you have the option to either respec just your level-up points, or delete your candy points and respec your level-up points. You can only have an extra 100 candy points in total, and if you use the Tome or Mirror to reset your stats and delete your candy points you don't get them back and all your precious candies were wasted.

How BIG Is THE Stat pool?

You get 21 per 10 level chunk, so that's 420 before candy?

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Sounds about right, but you can only put 100 in each stat.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

418 (since you don't get stat points for Level 1) + you start with 5 in everything + 100 candies (please tell me you can at least eat new candies) = 548.

Enough to max out five stats (and leave the sixth in barely-serviceable land) or put 98 in luck and 90 in everything else.

Do you get anything for gearing an attribute past 100?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dude, seriously. You know that you can just take a screenshot by pressing Start, right?

And that said screenshot won't be loving gigantic or look like rear end?!

TheRevolution1
Sep 21, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

Dude, seriously. You know that you can just take a screenshot by pressing Start, right?

And that said screenshot won't be loving gigantic or look like rear end?!

Sorry man. Don't have my laptop right now so I can't take images from the SD card and I can't tell the image looks giant from the awful app.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRevolution1 posted:

Sorry man. Don't have my laptop right now so I can't take images from the SD card and I can't tell the image looks giant from the awful app.

You can directly upload pictures from the 3DS, and since pictures from digital cameras or tablets are always huge, just play it safe by always using [timg] tags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
People keep carrying on about how badass Ophelia is, so I went to go invite her to come with but she wasn't available yet - when does that happen? Maybe at a specific level or something?

• Locked thread