Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I was a bad friend last weekend and bailed on riding. I'm sorry. Anyone going out tomorrow or Sunday? Weather looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Sure, I don't have any plans yet and would be up for something.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Biekless at the moment - just dropped the 'ja off with the buyer. If it ends up being too cold for y'all to ride, we should see On Any Sunday in the early afternoon.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

If it's nice and you want to ride you're welcome to ride the WR. If you wreck it just cover the deductible ;)

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I'll wreck it for sure if you want :haw:

by falling over at a stoplight when my foot can't reach the ground, I mean.

Looks like I finally got some non-shithead coming over to take a look at the bike either sun or mon, so I'm gonna be bikeless soon too. :hf: hot sauce

M42 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 7, 2014

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

If it's nice and you want to ride you're welcome to ride the WR. If you wreck it just cover the deductible ;)

One of us! One of us!

Where's the movie showing? I can only find a 7:20 in Ballston but that doesn't seem right. Still we could make a day of it, go for a ride and then the movie. Probably better in that order so I'm not motivated to do something stupid.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Koruthaiolos posted:

I may take you up on this.

M42 posted:

Looks like I finally got some non-shithead coming over to take a look at the bike either sun or mon, so I'm gonna be bikeless soon too. :hf: hot sauce

I'm already feeling withdrawal symptoms. I'm checking out a reasonably priced Honda 599 next weekend though so hopefully I won't be bikeless for long.

Did you check out that gs500?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

One of us! One of us!

Where's the movie showing? I can only find a 7:20 in Ballston but that doesn't seem right. Still we could make a day of it, go for a ride and then the movie. Probably better in that order so I'm not motivated to do something stupid.

That doesn't seem right. I'm more of a check listings the day of kinda guy, let's check back Sunday. Ballston theater works for me

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Yeah that wasn't true at all, I think the site I looked at first just showed me available times for today. But our choices are Ballston or Silver Spring. I'm fine with either. There are a a handful of showings at both places.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

hot sauce posted:

id you check out that gs500?

Turned out to be in norfolk. It seemed nice, but a 3hr trip for a gs? nahhh. I really like the color scheme on it though. GL with the honda! I'm waiting on a cheap sv.

M42 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 8, 2014

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

One of you two should buy this bike so we can be Husky bros: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/4750889642.html

I actually went up and test rode this one when it was listed at 5600. It's very well sorted and the seller was super nice. This is basically a slightly better version of the BMW G650 at a better price. The only reason I didn't buy this one was because another guy was selling the same bike for 5k and this guy wouldn't go that low. Now that it's a few weeks later and he's already lowered the listed price maybe he would drop it further now?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Prices are gonna keep flying down through the next month or two, so he's not gonna get asking price for that anyway (unless somebody's got cash burning a hole in their pocket). Everybody thinks it's still summer right now. 2300 for a pregen ninjette l m a o

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

M42 posted:

I'm waiting on a cheap sv.
Do this, don't get a GS.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Do this, don't get a GS.
Important, high quality advice.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Do this, don't get a GS.

Yup yup yup.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I'm going out tomorrow about 8 or 9. Not sure which direction. Let me know if you want to come.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I'm good for that. Where do you want to meet, the Exxon station like normal? I don't much care where we ride either.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Sure, maybe ride out to White's Ferry again? Would be fun in the dry.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Cool, I'll try to be there about 8:30.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Sounds good, I'll do the same.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
How long is that loop? I need to be back by noon.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Not too long but it's half dirt. Maybe take an hour to get to White's.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Thanks for the late night reply, but I don't do dirt. Have fun guys, I'll catch you on the next ride.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

xpostin'

M42 posted:

DMV area peeps cheap 03 z1000

For shits and giggles my friend lowballed this guy, and he surprisingly responded with 1600 as the lowest he'll go. You can get the staties at glen burnie to inspect it and issue a clean title.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/4747994052.html

seems like a pretty sweet deal!

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

'On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter' is playing at the Ballston Commons Mall. Anyone want to check it out Wednesday at 7:20 PM?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I'd be down

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am not able to make it out there due to work today. For those that don't go tonight, any interest in Friday? I see a 10:10pm listing in Ballston.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Not going to be able to make it either. Too much work to do today. Can't come out this weekend either, friend in town. Hopefully it will still be out next week.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Edit: Ignore me, I'm an idiot.

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 13, 2014

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
M42 did you check out this SV? I'm going to look at a 599 on Saturday, but if it doesn't check out I'm going to contact this guy. Looks like a solid buy at 2,500 as long as it checks out mechanically.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/4758861321.html

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Nah, gsxr front end would be an insaaanely rough ride for me. Stock sv forks have a perfect spring rate for my weight, so I'd have to swap a bunch of stuff from the get go. Thanks for thinking of me though! :)

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

M42 posted:

Nah, gsxr front end would be an insaaanely rough ride for me. Stock sv forks have a perfect spring rate for my weight, so I'd have to swap a bunch of stuff from the get go. Thanks for thinking of me though! :)

According to Racetech's street bike calculator, stock SV spring weight is perfect for a 58 lb rider. Stock 2006 GSX-R600 weight on an SV650 is perfect for a 190lb rider.
You know your ride better than I do, so don't take this as me trying to Internet know-it-all you. It's really just unusual for an SV to not be terribly undersprung, so I got curious and looked it up.

For $2500, I'd snap that SV up in a second if I had the spare cash.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

:confused: stock ones are ~.72 kg/mm, my recommended rate is ~.75-.80 (calculated on racetech just now). Anyways, I'm not riding through winter, so there's no point in buying anything right now. I'm in no rush.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

M42 posted:

:confused: stock ones are ~.72 kg/mm, my recommended rate is ~.75-.80 (calculated on racetech just now). Anyways, I'm not riding through winter, so there's no point in buying anything right now. I'm in no rush.
:doh:
Selected the 99-2002 SV, which I guess to carry more weight in the front or something than the 05, cause now that works out. Ignore me, carry on.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Haha, no problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the stock ninjette has sprung for a 58# rider, though. Gonna be really glad not to have to deal with that anymore.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Went out with HNasty and koruthaivdfhhssdgfsos to look at the hornet this morning. It runs better than I thought it would - just needed to be warmed up. The owner is getting a compression test done at a Honda dealership and as long as that checks out, I'll be buying it.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Noice!

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Sweet. That's great news.

Who wants to see any Sunday this week? Any night but Tuesday is good with me?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I actually saw it on Saturday with a friend. It was a fun movie with some really cool shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Is there less talking than why we ride? Like idgaf, just gimme a vroom with a view

• Locked thread