Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Well you have about 3 mins to look into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

fits posted:

I feel like Hiip is just bad and vanilla but I haven't looked too deep into it :shobon:

Well I told you what I came up with on them in about 3 minutes. There's not a lot of posts there.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I'd be ok with voting hiip, but that's how I'd bet he would flip

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Less than three minutes for two people to switch to Hiip.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

fits posted:

Well if you think he's town, don't vote him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

Less than three minutes for two people to switch to Hiip.

I can switch if necessary, you've done a lot better this day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well if you think he's town, don't vote him.

I'd rather not be lynched, but if we end in no lynch, everyone is just going to get right back on me tomorrow and we'd lose a day and a half essentially.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Wow, that is super loving scummy on Hiip's part. I'd be okay voting either way but a NL does the town no favors. Unless a few more people vote for Hiip I'm keeping my vote on Met.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Scrap Dragon posted:

Wow, that is super loving scummy on Hiip's part. I'd be okay voting either way but a NL does the town no favors. Unless a few more people vote for Hiip I'm keeping my vote on Met.

:justpost:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Scrap Dragon posted:

If you switch we have the votes.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
A vote on hiip would be a vote against chaff, mostly. Met I'm unsure of from today because I haven;t had the time to look, hiip is unlikey to ever contribute. gently caress it

##vote hiip.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

100 said he would switch

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm ok with this. We'll see how this goes down.

##unvote Met

##vote hiipfire

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

fits posted:

A vote on hiip would be a vote against chaff, mostly. Met I'm unsure of from today because I haven;t had the time to look, hiip is unlikey to ever contribute. gently caress it

##vote hiip.

this vote didnt register on vf

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That's hammer, but votefinder doesn't understand the period after hiip in Fits vote.

:redhammer:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
well that was not what i expected would happen

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
##vote hiip

Come at me bot :mad:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
gl with the contentless town flip

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Votecount for Day 2

HiipFire (6): EXAKT Science, Met, Epsilon Plus, soscannonballs, fits, 100YrsofAttitude
Met (4): soscannonballs, 100YrsofAttitude, Scrap Dragon, Harold Krell, Epsilon Plus, 100YrsofAttitude, Epsilon Plus, AtrociousToaster, HiipFire, soscannonballs, 100YrsofAttitude, 100YrsofAttitude
Epsilon Plus (1): The Science of Suck
EXAKT Science (0): Met, Met

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 06th, 2014 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

-------

HiipFire, Pineapple (Town Bulletproof), likes piņa coladas and getting caught in the rain!

It is now Night 2!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Met, Orange (Vanilla Town) was never Vitamin-seen again.

It is now Day 3. Deadline is Tuesday, November 11th at 7 PM, EST!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): 100YrsofAttitude, AtrociousToaster, Epsilon Plus, EXAKT Science, fits, Harold Krell, Scrap Dragon, soscannonballs, The Science of Suck

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 11th, 2014 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 18 hours.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
##vote EXACT

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I don't have a reason for that beyond a good feeling, for what its worth.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Hrm.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

fits posted:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but there are actually good reasons to vote exakt. They've been mentioned before. I don't like how you're gut voting this late in the game and letting other people case things for you.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

I could be tunneling but this type of post usually strikes me as fake.

##vote epsilon

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fits posted:

At this point, there are real reasons to believe I'm suspicious. It's a bit late in the game for gut reads, especially when there are reasonable and substantive cases on me. I really, really don't like this vote, and very little of that dislike is strictly because it's a vote against me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Science of Suck posted:

##vote epsilon

Is that the best you can do?

I want to hear something from Harold. Something useful, not the standard poo poo.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Epsilon Plus posted:

Is that the best you can do?

I want to hear something from Harold. Something useful, not the standard poo poo.

I'm a little wary about about how you're treating me since your the one who's under the gun at the moment.

Regardless, I will share my thoughts concerning the last lynch and kill for last night.

Firstly, I find the death of Mets to be quite foolish for scum since he would most likely be lynched today. This, however, leads me to bring up who the prime suspect thus far: Scrap Dragon.

His mannerisms were quite similar to Mets before the lynch and his willingness to see him dead leaves a lot to be analyzed. The fact that scum would kill Mets to get him "off the scent", so to speak, makes him even more red handed than before.

##vote Scrap Dragon

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Harold Krell posted:

I'm a little wary about about how you're treating me since your the one who's under the gun at the moment.

Regardless, I will share my thoughts concerning the last lynch and kill for last night.

Firstly, I find the death of Mets to be quite foolish for scum since he would most likely be lynched today. This, however, leads me to bring up who the prime suspect thus far: Scrap Dragon.

His mannerisms were quite similar to Mets before the lynch and his willingness to see him dead leaves a lot to be analyzed. The fact that scum would kill Mets to get him "off the scent", so to speak, makes him even more red handed than before.

##vote Scrap Dragon

I'm not feeling Scrap as much as other people. Do you have posts where his mannerisms turn out to be similar to Mets? And if that's the case how would he be seen as scum, Mets flipped town.

The one argument of yours that makes sense is the idea of, "getting off the scent", though I hesitate since that just seems so obvious.

I'd like to see a bit more evidence is all. Same as with fits.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##vote epsilon

Same thing here! Why necessarily Epsilon...

My suspicions are on EXAKT and fits.

EXAKT I talked about previously. I don't buy his claimed 'jokevote' on squid. He voted him using Met's flavor strategy, which I'm seeing as an excuse for scum to convict someone. As it didn't go his way he then votes fits. It was the 2nd vote too early to be bandwagon, too late in the game to be a jokevote, and it was a lame vote:

EXAKT Science posted:

That's cool. I don't dilike you, but I do think you might be scum.

##vote fits

That was it, the reasoning behind his vote. Sure D1 gut vote, it's understandable enough. However he revotes squid in the end once momentum is going that way:

EXAKT Science posted:

When I switched to fits, it was because I initially thought he was jokevoting for Hiipfire. When he made it clear that it was a real vote with a poor case behind it, I voted him. I didn't expect quite the bandwagon to form against him, especially as quickly as it did, and the fact that there were people willing to push him to -2 three whole days before deadline really raises some flags for me.

My initial vote on Squid was partially an early day 1 jokevote, but was partially serious and looking for a reaction, especially because his flavor claim seemed a bit rotten to me. In the intervening time, he's started acting scummier, and as others have pointed out, his vote of fits seems the most off of all of them

##vote Abyssal Squid

Note that fits getting close to -2 isn't enough for him to unvote the guy. It's only once another player seems to have a better chance of getting lynched do they make the effort. It's opportunistic. Also, he votes squid for the bad vote on fits, a category that Exakt goes into themselves. The majority of their posts were faff by and large as well. Posting to be heard but not to make opinions it seems. I need to better understand what went down on hiip's lynch because a lot of that momentum was started by Exakt himself.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I initially was ok enough tucking fits aside into a 'null' category. They posted in a consistent style (irreverent) and there were people that seemed more immediately scummy.

They spent time defending themselves from that first bandwagon vote. Then they got on Mets case and kept that through most of D2 with what you have to figure was the logic in this post:

fits posted:

I was doing up a post on met yesterday but got :effort: about it

This is what it boils down to:

- Extreme aggressiveness about getting people to claim, to the point of complete focus on it and drawing lines of town/scum based on who claimed or not. This was literally his notes that he posted, which I find hilarious: fits- Vocally refuses to cooperate with flavor argument. Likely scum -d1.
- Indecisiveness on what claims would even do. He was the one to suggest blueberry = blue = cop but also went on several times that it was just for """counterclaims""" with some extremely convoluted reasoning that was the dumbest thing I've heard this game.
- General posturing and trying to lead the town about it, like he was above everyone else.

In light of a miller tomato flip:
- Nobody's claimed a vegetable, just fruit. Going by the list Met posted, 7/13 people had claimed a fruit of some sort.
- Feeling pretty confident that fruit has probably at least some connection to role, in the sense that vegetables are probably scum. Tomato miller makes hella sense that way.
- If all vegetables are scum, odds are incredibly likely that they all have fruit fakeclaims to pass off as town.

The way Met approached Day 1 felt to me like he had an inside track on the game knowledge from the start (and he was pushing hard for claims right from the start) that fit as a scum fishing for claims. After the miller flip, I feel even more solidly about that

Comfortable voting Met today, not going to yet because I want to look the massive bandwagon that jumped him from the start of day 2 as well.

The strange thing is when it comes to the deadline on D2:

fits posted:

I feel like Hiip is just bad and vanilla but I haven't looked too deep into it :shobon:

fits posted:

fits posted:

##vote hiip.

I know I hammered hiip, but I at least made sure I had good reasons to do so. Fits sounds fairly convinced that hiip is town and yet votes quite casually regardless. The most contradictory thing is how they claim to be unsure about Met, not having read the majority of the day, despite they're confidence earlier.

Then their vote on Exakt with absolutely no backing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The thing is I'm not sure who'd I like to vote because frankly I agree with fits on Exakt and with Exakt on fits. And it always confuses me when I agree with people I suspect.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Same thing here! Why necessarily Epsilon...

D1 only claimed read is of met as town, lurks
d2 suddenly willing to vote met even while still not calling him scum, calls out a lurker
d3 hmm post: i think these are fake usually, an overwrought way to express frustration that isn't genuine

join me in voting epsilon for a more scum-free tomorrow!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I pushed for the lunch on hiip because of the two people with votes on them, Met looked townier to me. I wasn't really buying the argument that his pushing for a flavorclaim was dummy because i've seen him do it before when he was a townie, and it turned out that that was, in fact, true this game as well. The person pushing that argument hardest was fits, and he is currently my number one scum candidate. Not only has he been throwing votes around with basically no justification, even when there are perfectly alright cases on some of the people he's voting, especially me, but also his post where he responded to a wall of Met's posts using nothing but smilies. All in all, fits has done basically no scumhunting of his own and is making votes that would be very convenient for a scum player to make, so with all that said,

##vote fits

Now, as far as other reads, I'll start with Scrap. I don't want to WIFOM over the nightkill too much, but he was one of Met's prime suspects, and really hedged his bets when it came to the lunch yesterday:

Scrap Dragon posted:

His only other vote since the beginning of the game was the vote on Met that he's defending here. This really reads like distancing from a vote on someone he knows is a townie.

Next is Krell. Kudos to him, because I cannot get a solid read. However, his tunneling on Met raised some red flags for me, and then his vote today:

Harold Krell posted:

##vote Scrap Dragon

This reads to me either as a bus, or, to WIFOM again for a second, like he's going after Scrap because Krell is trying to lead us towards a fairly obvious guess at who did the nightkill and lynch another townie. Krell's vote here is actually one of the things that makes me second-guess my read on Scrap.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

d3 hmm post: i think these are fake usually, an overwrought way to express frustration that isn't genuine

three letters: certainly an overwrought, desperate bid for attention

was traveling all day; posts tomorrow

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I'm still kind of leaning towards Science of Suck as I said the other day. His newest vote seems similar to the other ones I mentioned in my last post about him, just kind of lazy and jumping onto easy votes without a really good reason. Is EP saying "hmm" really a reason to peg him as scum?

"hmm" is not really a word I tend to associate with frustration.

No one else seems to be finding him suspicious though from what I saw so maybe I'm just bad at this? If no one is liking my ideas on him I think I'd be most likely to join Exakt's vote for fits. He seems the scummiest to me of the people who currently have votes on them.

Regarding Krell I really have no idea what is going on with half the stuff he posts. I am genuinely confused as to whether most of what he says is supposed to be serious or just jokes I'm not understanding.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Fits hasn't posted since voting, which is suspicious; you'd think that if it was a good vote that there'd be more casing done, especially as the game gets closer and closer. "gut vote lol" is pretty lovely on day 3.

Harold Krell posted and made some OK points. Not much since. Mostly sanctimonious bullshit to be honest? Am I the only one with this opinion?

Scrap Dragon is ??? and honestly might just get a modkill at this rate. Surprised it hasn't happened already. I think scum would lurk, but I also think they'd be a bit more invested in the game.

I want to reread fits when I'm not on my phone.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

Fits hasn't posted since voting, which is suspicious; you'd think that if it was a good vote that there'd be more casing done, especially as the game gets closer and closer. "gut vote lol" is pretty lovely on day 3.

Harold Krell posted and made some OK points. Not much since. Mostly sanctimonious bullshit to be honest? Am I the only one with this opinion?

Scrap Dragon is ??? and honestly might just get a modkill at this rate. Surprised it hasn't happened already. I think scum would lurk, but I also think they'd be a bit more invested in the game.

I want to reread fits when I'm not on my phone.

There's not much to read. ##vote fits he's in my top 2 right now, but my case on Exakt is weaker and more importantly exakt's active and has got reasoning for their actions. Fits hasn't given us much of anything, actively voted someone they found town and seems to forget their animosity with Met at a moments notice. The better vote of the two I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Sorry I haven't been posting, I've had almost back-to-back-to-back classes/work shifts. In fact, I'm at work right now. I'll get an actual post in tonight.

• Locked thread