Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Capntastic posted:

Pubbies love tears.

That autist sure loves saying Redeemer

Nothing can Redeem his virgin rear end though

He's probably the same type of person who buys a Corvette, and then wears their Corvette jacket and hat, while drinking from their Corvette mug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunder bus
Jan 27, 2012

All aboard the Blunder Bus!
If I buy the AMD 'mustang' package off someone from eBay does it include alpha access or is it limited to beta? I already have a package with alpha in it, and I'd like to keep it if I sell my current ship to someone on reddit!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Blunder bus posted:

If I buy the AMD 'mustang' package off someone from eBay does it include alpha access or is it limited to beta? I already have a package with alpha in it, and I'd like to keep it if I sell my current ship to someone on reddit!

It has Arena Commander access, but it wouldn't have FPS or the other modules before beta access.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It has Arena Commander access, but it wouldn't have FPS or the other modules before beta access.

To put this in perspective, though, no other packages you can buy right now include access to all of the alpha phases (but all except the $30 one have beta access). The cheapest package including an ArCom pass is $45. So generally speaking, if you can get one of these codes for less than $45, you are saving yourself some money.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

If you don't care about what ship you start with or LTI or whatever, the AMD package is the cheapest way to get the game.

It's a "good deal" for that, given SC's unclear reputation as a "game"

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Helicon One posted:

Star Citizen driving sim module stretch goal: confirmed.

But where is the Idris variant with a go kart racing circuit on board???

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Marauder posted:

To put this in perspective, though, no other packages you can buy right now include access to all of the alpha phases (but all except the $30 one have beta access). The cheapest package including an ArCom pass is $45. So generally speaking, if you can get one of these codes for less than $45, you are saving yourself some money.

Yeah. And if you don't own Alien: Isolation, Dirt 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Alan Wake, Darksiders 1/2, Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Shogun 2, TitanQuest, Supreme Commander, Just Cause, Deus Ex, Payday 2, Thief, Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, or Sleeping Dogs then it's an even better deal.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Octopode posted:

Star Citizen: I may have to buy something new...

this is a different sort of fashion altogether

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen

it's poetic in my opinion

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah. And if you don't own Alien: Isolation, Dirt 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Alan Wake, Darksiders 1/2, Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Shogun 2, TitanQuest, Supreme Commander, Just Cause, Deus Ex, Payday 2, Thief, Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, or Sleeping Dogs then it's an even better deal.

I'd shy away from CoH2, it's a bugfest almost as bad as a Bethesda game. Other than that, the fact that they essentially throw tons of great games makes it even more worth it.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

I blame SWToR.

Actually, it would be more fair to blame rpg games in general, but for now SC seems to avoid most of the rpg stuff like experience and crafting levels. Then again, if there is not encyclopedia worth of facts and stories about every planet and space station, I am gonna be bitching about the lack of immersion, because I am that kind of autistic sperg.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kinkouin posted:

I'd shy away from CoH2, it's a bugfest almost as bad as a Bethesda game. Other than that, the fact that they essentially throw tons of great games makes it even more worth it.

I just grabbed another one to get Thief and Sleeping Dogs.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Capntastic posted:

Pubbies love tears.

Yes, the Redeemer.

A 250 dollar schoolbus for your buddies so you can all look cool before entering the mask fogging simulator.

Now, had he said Retaliator, then perhaps I'd be quakin' in me boots slightly. The Retaliator is a proper beast.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Space Court me.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
I dunno. They just upgunned the Redeemer significantly. More guns and bigger (S3, S4) guns. And S4 missiles.

The Retaliator is clearly the kind of thing you use to tear apart a capital ship, but I think the Redeemer's what tears apart Retaliators now.

Was:

quote:

CLASS-3 2× (5x S2) – 2× (5x Firestorm Kinetics ASIM-09/c Spark III)
CLASS-4 Unmanned twin turret (nose) (2x S3) – 2x KA 11-Series Broadsword (S3)
CLASS-5 Manned top twin turret (2x S2) – 2x K&W CF-117 Badger Repeater (S2)
CLASS-5 Manned bottom twin turret (2x S2) – 2x K&W CF-117 Badger Repeater (S2)

Is:

quote:

CLASS-1 2× (2x S2) – 2x Omnisky IV Laser Cannon}
CLASS-3 2× (5x S4) – 2× (5x Talon ASIM-20/c Stalker V per rack)
CLASS-4 Unmanned twin turret (nose) (2x S3) – 2x KA 11-Series Broadsword (S3)
CLASS-4 Unmanned twin turret (flanks) (2x S4) – 2x Kroneg FL-33 (S4)
CLASS-5 Manned top twin turret (2x S3) – 2x KA 11-Series Broadsword (S3)
CLASS-5 Manned bottom twin turret (2x S3) – 2x KA 11-Series Broadsword (S3)

S5 engines, and apparently very heavy armor plating.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Warcabbit posted:

I dunno. They just upgunned the Redeemer significantly. More guns and bigger (S3, S4) guns. And S4 missiles.

The Retaliator is clearly the kind of thing you use to tear apart a capital ship, but I think the Redeemer's what tears apart Retaliators now.

Was:

Is:

S5 engines, and apparently very heavy armor plating.

Don't worry, they'll up the retaliator stats when they have a sale.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Comparing stats to ships in an unfinished game is beyond stupid.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

Comparing stats to ships in an unfinished game is beyond stupid.

Almost as stupid as raising stats in the middle of a sale and letting people think that their complaining has an effect on development.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Almost as stupid as raising stats in the middle of a sale and letting people think that their complaining has an effect on development.
Almost as stupid as banning someone for no reason and then not accepting their invite to glorious Space Court Battle by pretending to ignore them.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Barnsy posted:

Don't worry, they'll up the retaliator stats when they have a sale.

I'm sure they will, but a S4 missile is one short of a space torpedo, isn't it? Biggest thing you can fire that's not, presumably, slow and huge?

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

thatguy posted:

Almost as stupid as banning someone for no reason and then not accepting their invite to glorious Space Court Battle by pretending to ignore them.

No comment about "Space Court", watched the unfolding drama, but not participate (much),but was the mods that banned. No one flagged posts, so Mods just doing their own thing protecting us from ourselves as usual. I was under the impression org thread's worked under slightly relaxed rules. But again there are certain threads that can run riot if the opinion's being put forward are pro-CIG, otherwise they'd have been shut down in a heart beat.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have not tried the new Thief. But Sleeping Dogs is amazing, especially if you love old HK flicks. Complete with bad accents and shootouts a la Hardboiled.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I read somewhere that Beyond Earth is now a part of the deal as well.

That's pretty tempting.

edit: Ah wait, it appears to be a parallel promotion for the top tier cards only. Shame.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kinkouin posted:

I have not tried the new Thief. But Sleeping Dogs is amazing, especially if you love old HK flicks. Complete with bad accents and shootouts a la Hardboiled.

Turns out I was wrong about Thief, so I snagged Just Cause 2 instead.

I wish I knew how to use them to get Beyond Earth, I didn't see an option for the card I bought.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Warcabbit posted:

I'm sure they will, but a S4 missile is one short of a space torpedo, isn't it? Biggest thing you can fire that's not, presumably, slow and huge?

Press "F" to sit on missile and wave your cowboy hat as you ride to your doom.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
I would like to see CR explain the damage calculation of a Retaliator dropping its entire payload on an Idris in a bombing run. That thing is 238m across, and provides plenty of real estate for unguided bombs to find a home in.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

Jegan Ace posted:

I would like to see CR explain the damage calculation of a Retaliator dropping its entire payload on an Idris in a bombing run. That thing is 238m across, and provides plenty of real estate for unguided bombs to find a home in.

Point defense guns at multiple locations?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So can I buy the AMD thing and then gidt the ship to my backer account? That would be an easy way to have an account with 2 ships and an empty acccount to do dangerous and immoral stuff...in 2020

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nah, that's not stupid, that's just good business scamming.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

JazzPaws posted:

No comment about "Space Court", watched the unfolding drama, but not participate (much),but was the mods that banned. No one flagged posts, so Mods just doing their own thing protecting us from ourselves as usual. I was under the impression org thread's worked under slightly relaxed rules. But again there are certain threads that can run riot if the opinion's being put forward are pro-CIG, otherwise they'd have been shut down in a heart beat.
Oh, I wasn't talking about the RSI mods or forums. I couldn't care less about those and I'm shocked I'm not permanently banned from there already. I was talking about being banned from Goonrathi. Unfortunately it's hard to tell the difference between the two from my position.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

thatguy posted:

Oh, I wasn't talking about the RSI mods or forums. I couldn't care less about those and I'm shocked I'm not permanently banned from there already. I was talking about being banned from Goonrathi. Unfortunately it's hard to tell the difference between the two from my position.

I like the cut of your sassy jib.

ActionHank
Nov 1, 2014

Hopper posted:

So can I buy the AMD thing and then gidt the ship to my backer account? That would be an easy way to have an account with 2 ships and an empty acccount to do dangerous and immoral stuff...in 2020

I really need to start my own kickstarter game. I can see you realize it might not come out, but there's people who blelieve it's going to happen stuffing money in this guy's pants day and night.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well the AMD thing is a good deal for 2 other games and then they gift you a SC ship on top....

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Jegan Ace posted:

If they do it like most previous CR games then Bombs=Torpedoes and you cannot physically launch a Torpedo unguided. They took so long to lock on you could not physically launch more than one torpedo per pass.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

BitBasher posted:

If they do it like most previous CR games then Bombs=Torpedoes and you cannot physically launch a Torpedo unguided. They took so long to lock on you could not physically launch more than one torpedo per pass.

Sure, crush our hopes and dreams of being Nero.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

BitBasher posted:

From the sounds of it we'll see a spectrum of it from dumbfire to ones that have their own counter-countermeasures built in.

From a gameplay perspective it's a question of how you design it so comedy point blank torpedoing is not a thing. Point defense guns that need silencing, minimum range for the torps to arm, and longish launch sequences including long lock on times would be expected. Else goons will just start suicide-ganking capitals in safe space.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

God drat this thread is full of meme spamming shitlord J4G trash. People need to gently caress off back to Reddit, or whatever hole they emerged from.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Xaerael posted:

God drat this thread is full of meme spamming shitlord J4G trash. People need to gently caress off back to Reddit, or whatever hole they emerged from.

GBS

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Xaerael posted:

Careful, J4G is a trigger word or something in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Do you pronounce that meem or me-me?

• Locked thread