Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's winning this loving thing?
This poll is closed.
(W1) Seattle Sounders 31 22.63%
(W2) Los Angeles Galaxy 13 9.49%
(W3) Real Salt Lake 1 0.73%
(W4) FC Dallas 4 2.92%
(W5) Vancouver Whitecaps 4 2.92%
(E1) DC United 16 11.68%
(E2) New England Revolution 27 19.71%
(E3) Columbus Crew 11 8.03%
(E4) Red Bull New York 5 3.65%
(E5) Sporting Kansas City 0 0%
(C1) Calvinball 25 18.25%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Those are very expensive wallets.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

lee nguyen was super good in 2005

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

go Sounders, hail Satan

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
For those of you worried that there'd be NFL lines since the Seahawks hosted a game yesterday:

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
God damned west coast kickoff times. I have a 7:00am meeting tomorrow you motherfuckers.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

guppy posted:

God damned west coast kickoff times. I have a 7:00am meeting tomorrow you motherfuckers.

I'm going to be at work during the match. I have a great new job - however, the late shifts mean that I essentially can't do weeknight matches anymore.

At least there's bars nearby.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Qu Appelle posted:

I'm going to be at work during the match. I have a great new job - however, the late shifts mean that I essentially can't do weeknight matches anymore.

At least there's bars nearby.

Congrats on landing a great job.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

whypick1 posted:

For those of you worried that there'd be NFL lines since the Seahawks hosted a game yesterday:

drat fine work field crew.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

guppy posted:

Twitter says kickoff isn't until nearly 8 too. Too late for a Monday.

I've also been stuck in traffic for an hour on the way to the game. I at this point I wish I had just canceled my tickets when they scheduled it for Monday because I knew it would be nothing but trouble.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

But will it look like someone took a lawn mower to it?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Legit thought that Anibaba was for some reason on the field, didn't realize Martins cut off his dreads.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

whypick1 posted:

Legit thought that Anibaba was for some reason on the field, didn't realize Martins cut off his dreads.

WHAT NO NONONONONONONONO

Also, Stefan Frei seems to have a silly little ponytail thing going.

I'm just going to resume stress eating Gummi bears while pondering the bad hair decisions of Your Seattle Sounders FC.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Nevermind, he just has them bunched together in rows. Didn't get a closeup until just now.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Oba, don't scare me like that.

:h:

Still stress eating Gummi bears.

Now, I want to find out who that Sounder is who has that paunchy 'I'm a Sysadmin at Boeing' goatee thing going.

(Chad Marshall. Who nearly scored.) (I'm out of Gummi bears.)

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 11, 2014

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
I'm legit enjoying this game. There is some tasty soccer being played in these playoffs.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
sounders need to shoot instead of going for that next pass or extra step.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dallas is totally going to eliminate seattle

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Goddamn this game has me nervy. Get the terrible feeling Dallas is going to win this 1-0.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Dallas more like Dalass.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Alonso :ohdear:

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

What network is the Sounders match on? I lost my feed and am trying to watch it at a Whole Foods.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

NBCSN

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ozzy nooooo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Toledo must have selective amnesia where he forgot what fouls inside the box look like/result in.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The last 10 minutes have looked a lot better for Seattle.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Found a feed, as WF can't find the channel.

Stress drinking an organic almond milk steam, and I now have groceries to boot.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Toledo must have selective amnesia where he forgot what fouls inside the box look like/result in.

...which probably just saved our asses there.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Toledo is a Sounders fan paid off by Zach Scott.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Since when does Toledo not call that? That's his bread and butter call.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallas' subs don't make any sense.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

3' :ohdear:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

whypick1 posted:

Dallas' subs don't make any sense.

They really, really don't. Since Perez and Michel came off they look completely discombobulated.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

This just in, Toledo is a bad ref. Check must've cleared from the League Office.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

This just in, Toledo is a bad ref. Check must've cleared from the League Office.

I forgot how bad he was. It really is a guessing game as to what he would and wouldn't call throughout this game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seattle: Going to face LA for 4th time in 6 matches
Dallas: Not going to send Toledo any Christmas cards
Toleda: A poo poo ref who probably gifted my team a win (although we should've gotten at least 1 PK call too)

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Fffffaaaaaaaarrrrrrtttt

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Proud of FC Dallas!

That was a great, hard fought match by both teams. Hell, I would have laughed at you if you had said Seitz was able to do those saves like he did. The guy looked unreal. Ultimately, FCD had their chances, but they missed Texeira on that great chip from Castillo. Castillo was looking for that back post run, and Akindele came inside. Tex seems to be the only FCD forward who doesn't want to come short. Tough stuff.

FCD did not think to even be in the playoffs at the start of the season - new coach, lots of player changes, the trade for Moffat (what a failure). They can definitely hold their head high for playing some very solid defense over the past few weeks.

I normally don't complain about the refs, but yeah, those two PKs would have at least given this game extra time. Tough stuff.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
We would have beaten Seattle if we would have just scored more goals than them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Didn't want it that result (0-0, would have liked a goal) but I'll loving take it. God, what a stressful match.

• Locked thread