Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
So let's say there's a thread with a topic that you want to weigh in on and you read most of the first page and you really want to comment but then you look down and see that there are 5 pages of comments. Do you just read the last few comments to see where the conversation is currently headed and then comment based on that or do you actually read through the entire thread like a huge dork?

More often than not I just don't bother with it at all and go look for another thread that's still on its first page but I feel like this makes me a bad poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
i just shitpost when i feel like it really. sometimes i don't even read the OP. actually most of the time i don't.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
i only post in your threads so i don't have to deal with that problem

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

just base my post on either a post quoted on the last page or just thhe title

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

just base my post on either a post quoted on the last page or just thhe title

Yeah this is what I'm thinking is the best way

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
im a speed reader

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

just post and say whatev. just say whats on your mind, like youre relaxing with friends

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
i read every single post word for word and consider whether or not i really have something new to contribute to the thread

never ever, i never ever ever do this, nobody has ever done this

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
ive never read a word on these forums in my life and im not starting now

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I just post.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

i usually reply to the thread title or just the first dumb post i see

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

when a post I made ends up as the last one before a new page I scream "gently caress!!!" really loud irl and punch the wall

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."

Robbie Fowler posted:

i just shitpost when i feel like it really. sometimes i don't even read the OP. actually most of the time i don't.

This would have been a much better post in a different thread.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Torka posted:

when a post I made ends up as the last one before a new page I scream "gently caress!!!" really loud irl and punch the wall

same here.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I just ctrl+f the last couple pages looking for what I'm going to post.

naem
May 29, 2011

Try to get in ground floor otherwise forget it

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I always engage the op because all threads are really just directed towards me and awaiting my arrival

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I read and formulate an informed opinion like a goddamn adult

It's every posters duty

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

this guys with it :smuggo:

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
If I'm super interested I'll read the whole thing even if it's in chunks over a few days. Otherwise I read the OP, skim the first page then skip to the last 1-3 pages and catch up from there.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

dunno op but looks like that's not something you'll ever have to worry about with one of your threads

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Some of us aren't retarded reprobates like you, and can actually take in 5 pages of moronic circlejerking in a reasonable timeframe, HTH.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

This guy is fuckin' awesome. I gotta be a balla like him.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

mods plz change my name to Lingo Star tyia

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Trip Daddy X posted:

mods plz change my name to Lingo Star tyia

Please change mine to Lichard Starkeyboard

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

quote:

How do you guys deal with threads that already have more than like 3 pages

Dog whistle racism for all problems related to somethingawful.com hth.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Every comic I see from this guy is not only bad in general, but doesn't even really have a joke most of the time. Like was the "Lingo star" pun the entirety of what he was going for here or was it supposed to be in some other way funny?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

Every comic I see from this guy is not only bad in general, but doesn't even really have a joke most of the time. Like was the "Lingo star" pun the entirety of what he was going for here or was it supposed to be in some other way funny?

It doesn't even fit the rest of the "comic". All of the other characters have names like "behind the times" or "hip teen" oh whatever, there here is just some random guy saying Lingo Star. Is it a Beatles reference? :effortless:

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
:justpost:

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

"Sophisticated gibbis poster"

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Skimming the first post, skipping all intervening posts, and racing to post something awfully hilarious is a hallowed gbs tradition. Even dating back to the dark days of gbs 1.0.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Inevitable posted:

i read every single post word for word and consider whether or not i really have something new to contribute to the thread

I actually literally do this. I rarely post in a thread unless I have read every post, and have wanted to post but kept myself from doing so until I am on top of everything. The main exception to this is the webcomics thread, because like hell am I reading like 300 posts every day to stay on top of it.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Vorik posted:

i usually reply to the thread title or just the first dumb post i see

same

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
The time before the added the little box that appears and shows you how many posts you have viewed was like the dead ball era in baseball now people are hitting posting home runs left and right.

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

ArbitraryC posted:

I.M.O not bad because I L.O.L.'d

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
my hobby is to go into debate and discussion pick a thread at random and spend a week reading 100,000 posts by three sperg autists about gun control

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

It's hard to deal with threads that already have more than like 3 pages.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Who cares just get in quick before someone posts your joke before you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

im on to you

• Locked thread