Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's winning this loving thing?
This poll is closed.
(W1) Seattle Sounders 31 22.63%
(W2) Los Angeles Galaxy 13 9.49%
(W3) Real Salt Lake 1 0.73%
(W4) FC Dallas 4 2.92%
(W5) Vancouver Whitecaps 4 2.92%
(E1) DC United 16 11.68%
(E2) New England Revolution 27 19.71%
(E3) Columbus Crew 11 8.03%
(E4) Red Bull New York 5 3.65%
(E5) Sporting Kansas City 0 0%
(C1) Calvinball 25 18.25%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

whypick1 posted:

Toledo: A poo poo ref who probably gifted my team a win (although we should've gotten at least 1 PK call too)

That play was basically how Dallas got all their PKs this year and was exactly the kind of 'foul' he is known for calling. A Gift is calling it light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Too loving close. I'm happy but we'll have to be better against la.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
The Dallas defense was really good, did they just not give a poo poo against Portland or something?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Oh, and the result also means that the East champ will be traveling for the final.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm trying to keep my sour grapes to a minimum, since regardless of the result FC Dallas got a hell of a lot farther than I thought they would this year, but playoff rules just bug me. Essentially this series was determined by a goal eight days ago. Poo.

Credit to the Sounders, clearly y'all have a kickass team, but I'm still finding a way to be bitter about this.:smith:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tzen posted:

God, what a stressful match.

Holy poo poo was that stressful. Pretty sure my doctor would freak out at my blood pressure after that one.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Makes me glad that I gave up on trying to watch it, and scoured the aisles for that perfect kind of artisinal salt.

Then the grocery store closed, so I went home in silence.

Go Sounders. I also found my salt.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Shinjobi posted:

I'm trying to keep my sour grapes to a minimum, since regardless of the result FC Dallas got a hell of a lot farther than I thought they would this year, but playoff rules just bug me. Essentially this series was determined by a goal eight days ago. Poo.

Credit to the Sounders, clearly y'all have a kickass team, but I'm still finding a way to be bitter about this.:smith:

You can be bitter that they just changed the rules to count away goals this year. Last year the game would have gone to extra time.

E: I mean I doubt Sigi would have played for the tie if it was last year's rules, but still.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

foobardog posted:

You can be bitter that they just changed the rules to count away goals this year. Last year the game would have gone to extra time.

E: I mean I doubt Sigi would have played for the tie if it was last year's rules, but still.

Away goals rule be damned, we only had one shot on goal tonight. Maybe extra time would have helped, or maybe we would have just continued to look confused when faced with a chance to put something on frame. Rules and refs didn't gently caress us, we did it to ourselves.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

foobardog posted:

Yeah, putting in Traore at the end was a pretty clear sign that he wanted that extra tall defensive body in to preserve the 1-1.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
dangit dallas, now I'm gonna have to buy expensive plane tickets if the Revs make it to the final :mad:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I spent the last 5 minutes with my scarf balled up in front of my face, turned around watching it on the big screen/covering my eyes the whole time.

GG Dallas, everyone's finishing was poo poo on both sides of that.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mike Toole posted:

dangit dallas, now I'm gonna have to buy expensive plane tickets if the Revs make it to the final :mad:

I'm seeing flights for less than $300 round trip for a non-stop Logan -> Seatac flight. LA is probably even less.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

SeaTard posted:

I'm seeing flights for less than $300 round trip for a non-stop Logan -> Seatac flight. LA is probably even less.

Yeah Boston flights are dirt cheap right now. I just grabbed Houston - Boston nonstop on January for $150 per person. Have faith and hope for lots of red cards.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The semifinalists ranked by the quality of their Hoosiers:

1. New England
2. New York
3. Los Angeles
4. Seattle

Enjoy.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Was Taters posted:

I spent the last 5 minutes with my scarf balled up in front of my face, turned around watching it on the big screen/covering my eyes the whole time.

GG Dallas, everyone's finishing was poo poo on both sides of that.

I spent the last 5 minutes getting into my car because the loving 8pm kickoff killed my kids and we had to leave early (we wouldn't have even taken them if we'd known it was gonna be that late).

The parts I was there for were poo poo, and if we play like that against LA, we gonna get raped.

GG Dallas, on the whole I thought you played better than we did and what a terrible way to go out.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
This two week wait is killer.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I thought it'd be horrible, then Alonso got injured and now the break is awesome.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

DR AIDS posted:

I thought it'd be horrible, then Alonso got injured and now the break is awesome.

And Deuce went out with a hamstring problem. gently caress the International Weekend. I want the first leg this week.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

And Deuce went out with a hamstring problem. gently caress the International Weekend. I want the first leg this week.

Yedlin got called in for the weekend, maybe you'll get a BINGO.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Was Taters posted:

Yedlin got called in for the weekend, maybe you'll get a BINGO.

C'mon Chad Marshall's bad driving! Daddy needs another MLS Cup!

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Revs people, get to NY for the cost of a game ticket: http://thefort.bigcartel.com/ Team's buying the bus, you just have to buy the ticket.

(Despite this, I probably won't be able to make that trip).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoover Dam posted:

Revs people, get to NY for the cost of a game ticket: http://thefort.bigcartel.com/ Team's buying the bus, you just have to buy the ticket.

(Despite this, I probably won't be able to make that trip).

Sell me your ticket, I'll go sit in The Fart for $28.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Got tickets to the NYRB Revs game. Should be some good poo poo. I haven't seen an MLS game there in awhile but I was there for US Turkey over the summer, and it's been said before but, it's a great stadium. I barely watch MLS however NYRB "is my team". The game being against Boston makes it better because I dislike Boston sports and Boston in general so there's added rooting interest. I know someone who knows someone so I got some nice seats in the lower section for $30˜. I was expecting to pay more but like someone said the tickets don't rise much for playoff games. Shame the weather is gonna suck for pregaming.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 13, 2014

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Can't make it to the NY game even if I wanted to. UMass to New Britain, CT for the Midnight Riders connection by 7:30am is insane, public transport can't even get me there earlier than past kickoff. The second leg though....:getin:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

In news that will surely surprise no one Roy Miller will still be suspended for entirety of conference championship.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

But is this bad or good news for NYRB? I truly can't tell.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It's bad news for us because that means we're deprived of him pulling off hilariously stupid poo poo for all of us to see until (most likely) next year.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
hes been playing well lately but oyongo will be fine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yup, Miller had a quietly competent year but it's no big loss. The bigger decision is whether or not Henry plays in NE, which no one from NYRB has said anything about yet

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
I have a feeling that Henry in NE will depend on the first leg result. If RBNY can come to Foxboro with a 2-goal cushion or more, Henry might stay home. If not, I'd expect them to bring him along.

Shout-outs to the Revs front office for footing the bill for 30 buses-- 1150 fans are set to make the trip to Jersey. Also shouts to RBNY for allocating a decent amount of tickets to us, though I'm assuming our guys will get stuffed in the rafters again. I'd be there myself, but I gotta work. :( After what seems like 10+ years of apathy, it's encouraging to see people turning out in big numbers for the playoffs.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mike Toole posted:

I have a feeling that Henry in NE will depend on the first leg result. If RBNY can come to Foxboro with a 2-goal cushion or more, Henry might stay home. If not, I'd expect them to bring him along.

Shout-outs to the Revs front office for footing the bill for 30 buses-- 1150 fans are set to make the trip to Jersey. Also shouts to RBNY for allocating a decent amount of tickets to us, though I'm assuming our guys will get stuffed in the rafters again. I'd be there myself, but I gotta work. :( After what seems like 10+ years of apathy, it's encouraging to see people turning out in big numbers for the playoffs.

Never forget 100 years ago when Amado Guevara sent you home.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

Shrapnig posted:

Never forget 100 years ago when Amado Guevara sent you home.

Oh, I remember that well. We were sad and worried, then went home and made a thrilling comeback in the return leg to win the series 3-2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZEIFtPk4pc

Metro's never had our number in the playoffs. On the other hand, they have had our number during this past regular season. Gonna be an interesting pair of games.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

That video! Man...MLS has changed a lot in the last 9 years.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

MechaFrogzilla posted:

That video! Man...MLS has changed a lot in the last 9 years.

drat right. How about this-- an entire 1-hour episode of the league's horrible old highlights show from 2004, MLS Wrap!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWwZol-_nlc

If you check the channel (a new project of mine), there are a couple of amusing season ticket commercials for Metro and Revs from the same period. I'm working on assembling as much 2005-and-before footage as possible, in 480p rather than the grotty old 240p MLSnet rips that are more often found on Youtube currently. If anyone has matches, highlight reels, or commercials featuring MLS stuff from 1996-2005 that aren't on Youtube, let me know. MLS has put up some stuff, like MLS Cup and All-Star-Game highlight reels, but more is needed.

I'm particularly searching for a 2003-2004 Papa Gino's commercial featuring the Revs Meal Deal and Taylor Twellman's hilariously bad acting...

Mike Toole fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 15, 2014

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mike Toole posted:

drat right. How about this-- an entire 1-hour episode of the league's horrible old highlights show from 2004, MLS Wrap!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWwZol-_nlc

If you check the channel (a new project of mine), there are a couple of amusing season ticket commercials for Metro and Revs from the same period. I'm working on assembling as much 2005-and-before footage as possible, in 480p rather than the grotty old 240p MLSnet rips that are more often found on Youtube currently. If anyone has matches, highlight reels, or commercials featuring MLS stuff from 1996-2005 that aren't on Youtube, let me know. MLS has put up some stuff, like MLS Cup and All-Star-Game highlight reels, but more is needed.

I'm particularly searching for a 2003-2004 Papa Gino's commercial featuring the Revs Meal Deal and Taylor Twellman's hilariously bad acting...

Good project.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
"video is private"

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Whoops! Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yup, Miller had a quietly competent year but it's no big loss. The bigger decision is whether or not Henry plays in NE, which no one from NYRB has said anything about yet

he has to in current form, i think a lot will depend on the first leg but its only one game

• Locked thread