Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Great White Hope posted:

When Rey was an upper midcarder on Smackdown, it was among the top shows amongst Latinos and he was the #2 merchandise seller behind only John Cena.

Now that he's not a presence, I don't believe Smackdown even cracks the top 100 amongst Latinos, and it took until this year, where he's been active for approximately a month, for his merchandise to finally really drop off.

All the more reason to get Kalisto up on the main roster within the next year. Obviously they shouldn't rush him up (like Sin Cara before him), but Kalisto can easily fill the Rey-spot, his mask/merch will be sales gold for kids, and the guy can go, so if they push him as an IC/US level dude, they might see those latino numbers bounce back up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
And Salida del Sol looks really loving cool.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
That spot where one of them powerbombs the other one into an opponent looks good too.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
How does calling a tag team match work? Is one team calling or is one guy or what?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

BodyMassageMachine posted:

if they push him as an IC/US level dude, they might see those latino numbers bounce back up a bit.

idk i dont think making him a jobber is a good idea

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Has there been a funnier wrestler name than Rutherford "P.S." Hayes?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tokelau All Star posted:

Hugh G. Rection

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Stan Stanski

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tokelau All Star posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QKidS_9O6U

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Black Knight wasn't a funny movie at all.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Thanks, I've never seen a 5'10 person who looks like they have dwarfism before.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

still makes me laugh like two years later

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

magnum_valentino posted:

Was Rey Mysterio (jr) a really, really big deal? Like moreso than other Mexican 'rasslers?

He was pretty much the perfect formula for the WWE to reach the Latino audience: Mask, charisma, promo ability, great worker, unique appeal, high value as an "attraction", and came from a Lucha background. They won't find another Mysterio for a while.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Red posted:

He was pretty much the perfect formula for the WWE to reach the Latino audience: Mask, charisma, promo ability, great worker, unique appeal, high value as an "attraction", and came from a Lucha background. They won't find another Mysterio for a while.

Mysterio is a terrible promo.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Mysterio is a terrible promo.

Terrible is Sid. He's not Sid.

Besides the entire Dominic angle, I was always fine with him. Would you prefer that I say that he can give promos in English and Spanish?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sid is the greatest on the stick ever and I won't entertain thoughts to the contrary.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tokelau All Star posted:

Hugh Morris

Snacksmaniac posted:

Sid is the greatest on the stick ever and I won't entertain thoughts to the contrary.

Scott Steiner

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Scotty can only hope to be a close second, but it's REALLY close.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
are the wrestling magazines still a big deal in Japan or did that end with the down period for the business?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Snacksmaniac posted:

Correct.

http://youtu.be/BN9fHMY76io

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Red posted:

Besides the entire Dominic angle, I was always fine with him. Would you prefer that I say that he can give promos in English and Spanish?
Sid is great at that Warrior type of intense, rambling, incoherent promo. I can never hate on that. I'd take it over a well-spoken, semi-bilingual Rey promo any day. Rey does rule in general though; hope he can still live a comfortable life. :smith:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Minidust posted:

Rey does rule in general though; hope he can still live a comfortable life. :smith:

Knees joke. :smith:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Red posted:

He can also repeat Spanish words in English at an expert level to translate incredibly obvious words to the audience which nobody would ever do in a conversation!

"Eddie... you are mi familia! My family!"

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Tokelau All Star posted:

Sexton Hardcastle

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Sexton Hardcastle

Flex Cavana

Terra Ryzin

Red
Apr 15, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Flex Cavana

Terra Ryzin

Who

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
Bastion Booger
Man Mountain Rock
Duke "The Dumpster" Droese
Meat

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Drugz Bunny

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tokelau All Star posted:

Harley Racist.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !
The correct answer will always be Thurman "Sparky" Plugg. Though I would have given anything if Shawn Michaels had just wrestled as Shawn Hickenbottom.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

They'd always have him curtain jerking, just so he'd be on first.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

birdlaw posted:

They'd always have him curtain jerking, just so he'd be on first.

Only if Cowboy Bill comes out afterwards.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Only if Cowboy Bill comes out afterwards.

Steve Austin. :solbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Will there be a Punchsport Pagoda secret santa this year?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Is there a way to explain why a wrestler's music plays when he does a run-in or just shows up unexpectedly?

I like to think there's a jukebox in gorilla position, where each button has a wrestler's face on it, so Seth Rollins can push his face-button when he's about to run out.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Red posted:

Is there a way to explain why a wrestler's music plays when he does a run-in or just shows up unexpectedly?

I like to think there's a jukebox in gorilla position, where each button has a wrestler's face on it, so Seth Rollins can push his face-button when he's about to run out.

RFID chip in the wrist. Triggers the music automatically when they run out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I always figured the RFID was in their boots, but sometimes they wear their stealth boots instead. Otherwise it implies every sneak attack run-in without music has someone digging hunks of electronics out of their flesh. :gonk:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

sticklefifer posted:

I always figured the RFID was in their boots, but sometimes they wear their stealth boots instead. Otherwise it implies every sneak attack run-in without music has someone digging hunks of electronics out of their flesh. :gonk:

You wouldn't watch World Cronenberg Wrestling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The wrestlers intimidate the sound guy, like how referees used to be 90 pound weaklings that fell to the ground at the drop of a hat to make the wrestlers look even bigger.