Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Zaphod42 posted:

So customization is kinda lame, they have all the assets from Halo 3 but you have to pick a whole set.

You're either all security or all hayabusa, no mixing and matching.

Its not the biggest deal but its kinda half-assed.

Yeah, this sucks. It's like this for all the games. I really wanted to recreate my Halo 3 guy, but he had a clownsuit so I can't. Seems even worse for Halo 4, because there were so many options, but I care a little less. Also a shame that you can't preview your colors out of game tk make sure they look good, or choose visor colors etc etc.

I suppose this was done so that they could have x amount of player models, rather than hundreds of individual armor piece models to put together. Still sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Funkmaster General posted:

Yeah, this sucks. It's like this for all the games. I really wanted to recreate my Halo 3 guy, but he had a clownsuit so I can't. Seems even worse for Halo 4, because there were so many options, but I care a little less. Also a shame that you can't preview your colors out of game tk make sure they look good, or choose visor colors etc etc.

I suppose this was done so that they could have x amount of player models, rather than hundreds of individual armor piece models to put together. Still sucks.

Does Halo 4 mp not have user made load outs anymore?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Spacebump posted:

Does Halo 4 mp not have user made load outs anymore?

No, it still does.

On a broader note, it looks like the server side matchmaking fixes got deployed, but I can't really tell if it's any better or not, still seems to be searching for a while.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Maneki Neko posted:

No, it still does.

On a broader note, it looks like the server side matchmaking fixes got deployed, but I can't really tell if it's any better or not, still seems to be searching for a while.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2m1x7l/new_server_patch_rolling_out_for_mcc_nov_12th_no/

When is a fix not a fix?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Maneki Neko posted:

No, it still does.

I got in one game then had a freeze at the post-game loading screen.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Maneki Neko posted:

No, it still does.

It's still a bit slow, but faster than before. Teams still get unbalanced.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Well, whatever they did managed to break it even further for me...now I can't even get into matchmaking at all; I'm told that its blocked off due to my Xbox Live settings...despite changing nothing in my settings between last night and today.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
it's gettin there! two games back to back woaaahhhh

on now -- Doc Murk

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
hahahahah wait it's 7v5 on the pit

poo poo is crazy

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
guys 7v5 its incredible like why

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Rufio J/ROBOCOPPING chiming in. Just got done destroying in matchmaking on my friends XBone. I'll be picking one up within the next week. I'm basically an autistic savant at this game. If anyone wants to get destroyed 2 v 2 on any Halo 1 map then I will gladly oblige.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
are y'all always hosting? plays a pretty big role in custom games.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
seriously what

like i'm not good with computers but i think maybe there's a formula for figuring this poo poo out?

needless to say I was not 1th that game

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

finished halo 3, runs beautifully.

played the first 2 levels of halo ce:a and the framerate is all over the place in the large open areas.

halo 1 is my least favorite and halo 3 my favorite game in the mcc, so while this isn't a big deal for me personally, it's pretty obvious that 343/microsoft bit off more than they could chew with the mcc even if you ignore the multiplayer debacle.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
It seems like a really obvious rookie mistake on 343's end. They appear to have team auto-balance turned off by default server-side. All Halo games have the feature built-in.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Just do betrayals til you get auto swapped to the other team. Vote kick for betrays is also disabled :D

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It seems like a really obvious rookie mistake on 343's end. They appear to have team auto-balance turned off by default server-side. All Halo games have the feature built-in.

Dude no. Its a bug. It sucks, it should have been QA'd better, there's no excuse, but its a loving bug. Its not that nobody at 343 thought team auto balance was important and they forgot to turn it on :doh:

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Am I in the minority thinking that Halo 2's new coat of paint and sound overhaul are pretty fantastic? I've been having a blast soloing that campaign and co-op on 4 since I never played that one.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
I thought multiplayer betas were worthless, but if it susses out dumb bugs like these maybe 343 should've thought of it for MCC.

Let's hope they actually learn something from the halo 5 beta.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
there's a subtle desperation in the matchmaking

you'll wait 5 minutes, then suddenly 5 other people will drop into your lobby and the servers are like LOOKS GOOD LETS ROLL 4v2 JUST GET IN THE CAR

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Stelio Kontos posted:

Am I in the minority thinking that Halo 2's new coat of paint and sound overhaul are pretty fantastic? I've been having a blast soloing that campaign and co-op on 4 since I never played that one.

Nope it's good man, you're objectively right.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
How much of this stuff is probably caused by using the cloud? I feel like my menus freeze up in weird spots like changing my sensitivity. and I've heard people mention they are using the cloud for things...

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
Playing right now, message Adric Australis or Doc Murk for an invite

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
If anyone needs a random scrub for a custom game my gamertag is TomVanDam

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I'll be on for awhile. My GT is rocketman38.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I'm currently mic-less (for a few more days), and am usually playing on heroic as I am too weaksauce for legendary at the moment, but I'd love more campaign co-op goons. Also - if anyone is organizing full group custom games, I'd be down trying some non-standard 'fun' modes more often

I'm usually on after 9 PM PST (GMT -0800). GT:pvax

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

so the animal is the consumer and the food is halo and the guy is microsoft?

I'm not sure where we were going with this one, old chum

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

GT: slackerman52

:regd08: LETS PLAY SOME HALO 4 COOP :regd08:

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

Haquer posted:

so the animal is the consumer and the food is halo and the guy is microsoft?

I'm not sure where we were going with this one, old chum

It's a funny gif posted on a comedy website.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I don't think I like this new Cortana model you've done.

ForsakenDragoon
Jun 17, 2010
I'm always down for customs: Halomarine117 is my GT.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So I got an xbone finally and am installing the MCC :toot:

I definitely tried to boot into single player without downloading the patch and it would not let me.

Now I'm downloading said patch and its giving me no indication of the progress or download speed. Great work as always MS!

Edit: Oh right you have to disconnect from the internet so it doesn't attempt to download the whole game and actually uses the disc :lol:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 13, 2014

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah it patches you to the latest version of the game before installing the base content, which is really good for most games but with the 15Gb patch for Halo it's generally not a suitable option :v:

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Hey guys, it's ROBOCOPPING aka Rufio

My gamertag is ASAP Ruf and I'll be looking to play a lot of Halo 1.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Edit: Oh right you have to disconnect from the internet so it doesn't attempt to download the whole game and actually uses the disc :lol:

This isn't true. It downloads the patch first, but it doesn't download the entire game. You'll hear the disc spin up when the patch finishes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

This isn't true. It downloads the patch first, but it doesn't download the entire game. You'll hear the disc spin up when the patch finishes.

Ah okay. Still stupid you're not allowed to skip the patch and play singleplayer if you're connected to the internet, but if you disconnect you can :v:

Hoooboy that 1080p60 :stare:

Is Halo Infinity / the co-op stuff from 4 in the MCC?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 13, 2014

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

I really wanted to play some Halo tonight, but it seems matchmaking is still down. Anyone doing customs? GT is Shiny Pidgey.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Why does CE anniversary master chief look like a portly middle aged man wearing an adult diaper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Zaphod42 posted:

Ah okay. Still stupid you're not allowed to skip the patch and play singleplayer if you're connected to the internet, but if you disconnect you can :v:

Hoooboy that 1080p60 :stare:

Is Halo Infinity / the co-op stuff from 4 in the MCC?

Yeah Infinity is halo 4 multiplayer. Bizarrely and stupidly 343 decided that spartan ops (not available in MCC), which you can play entirely local co-op just like the campaign, also is part of Infinity and thus requires gold.

• Locked thread