Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MrBond posted:

Yeah Infinity is halo 4 multiplayer. Bizarrely and stupidly 343 decided that spartan ops (not available in MCC), which you can play entirely local co-op just like the campaign, also is part of Infinity and thus requires gold.

That's fine I have gold, just so long as its all there and I never have to boot up the 360 version that's cool with me.

I think it required gold on 4 too.

Two bugs already: can't change my service tag for some reason, lets me set it but then it just stays 117. Also started up Halo 4 and on the second level I pushed a button while Cortana was talking and it wouldn't progress further, had to restart. No biggie though.

Oh my god Halo 1 looks loving beautiful on this. Are they doing AA on top of the 1080? Its so loving crisp. There's definitely some odd stutter here and there though, hopefully that's just because its still installing the other campaigns and so the disc and HDD are busy. Console games tend to heavily use the HDD for cache, although with a "play while you install" feature that can be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Just did split screen customs with online friends, and we had a blast. Halo CE and 2 run extremely well. H2:A ran surprisingly well. Matchmaking didn't work unfortunately. It's great doing split screen online with guys locally playing along with other people online. Maybe next time I can get a LAN and invite people from Xbox Live so we can do big team games.

Edit: alcohol may or may not have been involved :ninja:

Napolean Bonerfarts fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 13, 2014

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

E: Nevermind, I can't read.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

The Mantis posted:

seriously what

like i'm not good with computers but i think maybe there's a formula for figuring this poo poo out?

needless to say I was not 1th that game

Its the power of the cloud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfk_0HUNboE

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
So is SWAT not going to be a ranked or permanent thing?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
:siren: Super bounces are still in Halo 2 :siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdS6d-Udls

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Yeah this is Vista-style where you need a bunch of vertical speed already to bounce at all.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lmao Coag is AR starts? They made the same mistake Bungie made (and fixed) like 10 years ago?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Do we get the remade Halo Anniversary maps? I guess not since they were Reach engine?

But we do get the Halo Anniversary campaign... (which was half reach half 1 right?)

Well that kinda sucks too.

On the bright side having all the halo 1 maps for multi online, even the Halo PC maps, that's super cool.

Ah the nostalgia, walking around hang em high...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a cop posted:

Lmao Coag is AR starts? They made the same mistake Bungie made (and fixed) like 10 years ago?

Yea hemorrhage with DMR start was super loving fun with everyone plinking way at each other from 50 miles away, truly fun and exciting stuff.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Alteisen posted:

Yea hemorrhage with DMR start was super loving fun with everyone plinking way at each other from 50 miles away, truly fun and exciting stuff.

Better than SMG starts dude.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There is so many anti-halo design choices all-the-gently caress over this game that is pretty obvious its a quick cash-in and not a love letter to halo fans or any other bullshit they try to spin it as.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a cop posted:

Better than SMG starts dude.

They should make those maps just vehicles only, you spawn in one and you just crash into each other constantly, gets more and more heated as the battlefield is littered with corpses and vehicle parts.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
What is wrong with AR starts? Is this some sort of sperglord MLG thing? I used to play AR starts with my friends all the time and we never had any issues.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Here's a list of the major problems the game has: https://www.hostedredmine.com/projects/halo-mcc/issues?per_page=100&set_filter=1

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Laserface posted:

There is so many anti-halo design choices all-the-gently caress over this game that is pretty obvious its a quick cash-in and not a love letter to halo fans or any other bullshit they try to spin it as.

That's been obvious since the onset

Too many idiots listened to MS and 343 yet again

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

This just makes me sad...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

How do you gently caress up this bad? :cripes:

This is your baby, this is your flagship poo poo, your goddamn mascot, how do you not iron this poo poo out BEFORE launch.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Alteisen posted:

How do you gently caress up this bad? :cripes:

This is your baby, this is your flagship poo poo, your goddamn mascot, how do you not iron this poo poo out BEFORE launch.

Because people will buy it anyway

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

RangerAce posted:

I like how the xbone thread has spread into the Halo thread. The best part is watching the halo fans get pissed at MS and then watching the hugbox regulars do mental gymnastics to convince everyone it's all okay in the end. I'm gonna need to go to the store and pick up some more popcorn, guys.

Because I have an Xbox and this game. Whats your excuse?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cubey posted:

Because people will buy it anyway

Regardless this is still one of those titles I feel you should get right. Halo is an important thing to MS and 343 already screwed the pooch once.

What consumer confidence will be left for H5 at this rate.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Alteisen posted:

Regardless this is still one of those titles I feel you should get right. Halo is an important thing to MS and 343 already screwed the pooch once.

What consumer confidence will be left for H5 at this rate.

You are really overestimating how much the common consumer cares. Look at everyone who swore they'd never buy another Battlefield game after Bad Company 2 launched in a broken and messy state, yet all those same people bought BF3, and when that launched in a broken and messy state they said they'd never buy another Battlefield game. And then Battlefield 4 came out...

The sheer number of people making excuses for this game in this thread and elsewhere kinda proves this. Likewise, Assassin's Creed Unity has a huge number of apologists as well. AAA game series' very, very VERY rarely suffer even from multiple poo poo titles in a row.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm glad I mostly bought this for the campaigns and LAN play because Jesus gently caress anything involving the internet in this game is godawful. Here's a sequence of what I went through today:
  • Joined up with two buddies
  • Try to matchmake into a Halo 3 game, nothing happened
  • Back out, party got split up and couldn't rejoin each other
  • Buddies have to reset their Xboxes to rejoin
  • Try to H3 matchmake again, same thing happens
  • Decide to play H3 campaign co-op instead, but the lag is so bad the opening cutscene is stuttering and the music cues are out of sync
  • Quit the campaign, which booted one of my friends from the party
  • After quitting H3, the game suddenly, without me selecting anything, starts an H4 campaign game with the remaining friend :stare:
  • Sit through H4 opening cutscene, missing friend can't join in progress once it's over
  • Quit the H4 campaign game, party up again and restart the H4 game
  • Lag is so bad that when we reach the part 2 minutes in where you have to mash a button to open a door, the lag makes it impossible to complete
  • Give up and go play H1 campaign solo
Someone please tell me that LAN games at least work okay, because if not this might have been one of the worst game purchases I've ever made.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Thought I'd share this page with y'all...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Nah, I'm good

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Here's the official issue thread on waypoint so you can get empty promises straight from the source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...62ec5b4ca/posts

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Just beat the first level of CE in LASO. Only ten more to go... Ugh.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Alteisen posted:

They should make those maps just vehicles only, you spawn in one and you just crash into each other constantly, gets more and more heated as the battlefield is littered with corpses and vehicle parts.

I'll take one of these please

Also rocket race seriously where is the love

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Hahahahahaha what the gently caress, I saved and quit in the middle of 343 Guilty Spark and when I reload the save it starts The Library :ughh:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Is it too much to ask that maybe they add some things? (much less everything working :v:) Like, it'd be really cool if they added rally points to let you start at different points in the Halo 1 campaign, but nahhh.

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

"Covenant, on the landing above us!" I remember being the hardest part of that level.

Halo 1 LASO is hard.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Let's all play Xbox Connect :D

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Laserface posted:

Why does CE anniversary master chief look like a portly middle aged man wearing an adult diaper?

Kinect has done a full body scan of you

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

:captainpop:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Finally a scarecam LP worth watching

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

I dont understand, if you hate the game why are you playing it?

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Don Lapre posted:

I dont understand, if you hate the game why are you playing it?

I'm playing campaign because multiplayer doesn't work.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I'm playing campaign because multiplayer doesn't work.

Yes but why not play a different game, like skype or tv.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
Found a match after 20 mins of trying, 3v3 of course not even a full game... 2 mins into the match it just says match over then I get stuck on a frozen loading screen. I really am at a loss for words at this point.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Don Lapre posted:

Yes but why not play a different game, like skype or tv.

I could have watched Nightfall, but I already watched one episode today. I will tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Hey Vin Diesel how long has MCC's online multiplayer been broken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYtROwmk54

• Locked thread