Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

Hopefully the next WSU show because I'll be at that one.

The next SHINE show was announced, sadly I just moved and won't make that one. KimberBombs are back, S-N-S Express is back, Lovelace is back, LVD is making it two straight shows, Candice LaRae is debuting. Ivelisse defends against Serena finally. Curious what the story is with the tag titles, since there are 5 other tag teams that will be there.

Yeah, that SHINE show is totally loaded. I am thinking it will be some kind of tag gauntlet or something. Although Kimber Bombs and SNS are on the SHINE 20 poster, so maybe a 3 way title match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kellie Skater announced that Tomoka Nakagawa announced her retirement. Her last match being December 4th.

Always thought of Tomoka like Tajiri and Akira Akira Tozawa in terms of having that super charisma than translated to Western audiences. 3S are an amazing tag team too.

rovert fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 4, 2014

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Revolucion Amandola was a pretty good group and it's a shame that by the end of the year it's only going to be Kimura that's left (Emoto having retired back in 2010 of course).

Edit: Apparently the results specifically called it her retirement in Japan so maybe she's moving to the States or something and going to try getting into the WWE if that's the case? She's a good wrestler with good charisma and a moveset that could more or less work in the WWE with little problem. Or it could just be weird wording and she's retiring completely.

Suben fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 4, 2014

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!

DM Punk posted:

She took a booking with TNA the same night as the last WSU show, so they "fired" her. But she'll be back soon, most likely next show. She just worked a CZW show last weekend, so that kind of tells you she'll be back.

She'll definitely be back at the next show.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

The Kairi Hojo/Mayu Iwatani/Dr. Wagner, Jr. vs. Takumi Iroha/Koguma/Black Tiger match from Stardom's 7/10 show is basically the most Ice Ribbon match I've seen in a while. Really fun, really goofy match with Wagner especially hamming it up at every opportunity.

Io Shirai vs. Meiko Satomura was naturally a good match.

The Remei Asuka vs. Reo Hazuki match from the same show... trainwreck.

Edit: Mayu Iwatani's the new white belt champion after a single show tournament (due to Act having to give the belt up because she's out of action because of her Graves' disease).

Suben fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 28, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait... who was Black Tiger there? I thought the dude playing it now got arrested?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Wait... who was Black Tiger there? I thought the dude playing it now got arrested?

It's been Tatsuhito Takaiwa for a few years now.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

I asked this on the questions thread but didn't get an answer, most likely because there isn't a good answer to give, but I'll give it a try here. Are there any standout Shimmer dvds? They've got 60 or so numerically named volumes and I'd like to know which if any of them are must-own. The only volume I've watched is *checking wikipedia* vol. 32.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWI 50 is out and is causing trouble:
http://ringbellesonline.com/2014/11/13/paige-scores-top-spot-in-the-pwi-female-50/

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

17. Cameron

:psyduck:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Becky Lynch is on the list (yay!) but Sasha Banks isn't at all. :psyduck: :psyduck:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Angelina Love in the top ten.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Also no joshi though I don't think any have been on these lists at all. It's still really dumb to have people like Cameron on there but nobody like Yoshiko, Io, Arisa, Nanae, etc.

Then again, PWI list.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how is Candice not number 1

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

epitasis posted:

how is Candice not number 1

she never lived with Bob Ryder.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

coconono posted:

she never lived with Bob Ryder.

Give us the scoops coco

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

17th best female wrestler in the world.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

My head hurts from trying to sort out that list. No Madison Eagles, Candice LaRea is lower than Cameron AND :siren:BRIEEEE MODE:siren:!?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
First of all, it's kayfabe. Second of all, it seems like it's all completely randomized. You'll get a decent top 5 in the PWI 50/500, a reasonable top 10, and then everyone else is just piled in at random regardless of popularity or wrestling ability.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Next you're going to tell me wrestling matches are predetermined.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Overall, I like the focus on the indy workers. There's still a bit of "lol, more TV = better than" but I think it's going in the right direction. Eagles missed half her SHIMMER and SHINE engagements in April and obviously works limited US dates to begin with, plus she was playing sideshow foil with Nicole Matthews for a while.

I'm really happy to see some "formal" recognition for Kimber Lee, Heidi Lovelace and Angie Skye. I look forward to next year's list, because Evie is majorly due to make the list, same with Kay Lee Ray. Havok should crack Top 5 if TNA stays on TV. Skater will inevitably be top 5, I'm a little surprised they haven't caught on that she's being groomed for a major singles push.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
PWI Female 50 only counts matches/workers in North America, hence why no Joshi.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

DM Punk posted:

PWI Female 50 only counts matches/workers in North America, hence why no Joshi.
The continued inclusion of Kellie Skater is going to make it hard for them to justify not using the Joshi that SHIMMER brings over. Hikaru Shida and KANA work the same dates Skater works, minus 1-2 SHINE shows (which are guaranteed losses for international wrestlers).

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

The continued inclusion of Kellie Skater is going to make it hard for them to justify not using the Joshi that SHIMMER brings over. Hikaru Shida and KANA work the same dates Skater works, minus 1-2 SHINE shows (which are guaranteed losses for international wrestlers).

Skater's won at least one SHINE match before. Team AUS beat Team USA on SHINE 9 a while back, but yeah, it's kinda silly to not include Kana at least. It's PWI though, so whatever.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Given the October 2013 and April 2014 Shida had, it would've been super easy to throw her on the list as a "gently caress You" troll to the diehard KANA fans. But like you said, it's PWI. That said, I'm reasonably happy with this list and hope some new eyes are brought to the product (LOOK AT IT!)

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
This is how they make the list.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why do people pay attention to PWI lists they are always bad and half kayfabe

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

oatgan posted:

why do people pay attention to PWI lists they are always bad and half kayfabe

I forget who it was but the best rip I've heard on the PWI 50 was the year Sara Del Rey was in the 500 someone said it was stupid that they think every year there are 500 wrestlers better than Sara Del Rey.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Tomorrow afternoon, Melbourne City Wrestling are holding their first all-female show, Fight For A Cause, in Hampton Park. Doors open 2:30pm, with proceeds going to Breast Cancer Network Australia.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
The gig has Evie, KC Cassidy and Shazza, so it's bound to be a solid show.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Cory Lidle posted:

Happy Saturday, everyone! Here's some Kana.

Even when trying to be creepy she's somehow charming and funny in a weird way. Did she and Tajiri ever form a mixed tag team.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

uncleKitchener posted:

Even when trying to be creepy she's somehow charming and funny in a weird way. Did she and Tajiri ever form a mixed tag team.
She and Tajiri formed an entire company together, but this was before she was dressing as a undead clown nazi power ranger villain.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Mio Shirai's neck is done and she's retiring in September.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Mio Shirai's neck is done and she's retiring in September.
Is that why she's been promoting a match against her sister? Poor girl, she was so charismatic.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

YOSHIKO apparently shoot hates ACT (The super-popular bondage pirate) so STARDOMS decided what better thing to do than put them in a match together :downs:

Yoshiko is a big girl and reports say she broke ACT's orbital bone and nose. What's more disgusting is that Yoshiko seemed to be intentionally targeting her right eye, which she's been partially blind in most of her life and just had surgery on. Other reports say that everyone watching was super uncomfortable and everyone in ACT's faction looked mortified. There's apparently heat on the referee for not just calling the match early and separating them.

More pictures here:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/photo/fight/all/dtl/1207/

If you don't know who ACT is, her story is here and there's a documentary coming out soon. She was bullied most of her life and fought tooth and nail to get into wrestling against all odds. She's been blind in one eye since birth among other long-standing issues and she was out of wrestling for quite a while and just recently returned with a thyroid issue.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a more sympathetic girl in wrestling than Act. I really just wish someone from the UK or US indies would pick her up and move her here so she can relax a whole lot more without killing herself, or in this case, having someone trying to kill her.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 22, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jesus Christ, I hope they fire and blacklist that YOSHIKO. You don't loving do that to people.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

knowing joshi they probably booked the match knowing that would happen

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

oatgan posted:

knowing joshi they probably booked the match knowing that would happen
The referee asked if they should stop the match and looked to the Owner (Some lovely guy idk, he's probably got ties to the Yakuza) and he said no and the General Manager who was a former wrestling herself was said to look absolutely disgusted and horrified.

The match only ended because Act's second, Kyoko Kimura (Who was the girl who thought it was a good idea to double-stomp someone from two stories up) threw in the towel and ended it for her.

Reports are saying that Act kept trying to bring it back to a wrestling match every now and then and regain composure since it was the main event and Yoshiko would just respond by stiffing the poo poo out of her. People also say that Yoshiko was intentionally targeting the eye she just had surgery on and was flipping her over just to get to it.

This is just like New Jack levels of "I'm going to gently caress you up for an insane reason that only makes sense to me"

Someone said it was streaming on NicoNico so I'm sure eventually the match is going to turn up

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 22, 2015

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Yoshiko has form for this though right? I can't remember the match, but she was in a tag last year or so where everytime one person would be in the ring she would tag in and stiff the poo poo out of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Yoshiko has form for this though right? I can't remember the match, but she was in a tag last year or so where everytime one person would be in the ring she would tag in and stiff the poo poo out of her.
She's always been a big bruiser type, yeah and Joshi girls work stiff quite a bit but I've never seen her being this intentionally rough with anyone before. Yoshiko was probably one of the best rookies of her year (Any gender) and looked like a great wrester, she even did some comedy stuff with Danshoku Dino and Kota Ibushi. It's a shame she's turned out to be this hosed up.

• Locked thread