Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Krad posted:

No, but I almost expected them to kiss right after.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
They should've saved Cupid for Valentine's Day week.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Eddain posted:

They should've saved Cupid for Valentine's Day week.

That's when Roy and Diggle kiss, though.

They're all "What up, my niggle, Diggle?" And then, "Jus- chillin', my little boy, Roy."
And then Felicity bumps into Roy and and he falls on top of Diggle, who was relaxing on their basement-hideout sofa.

Eleven Tumblrites exploded when they screened a work draft of that episode. The eleventh was just masturbating to My Little Pony fanart, but they still count that explosion as a win.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 15, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Drifter posted:

They're all "What up, my niggle, Diggle?" And then, "Jus- chillin', my little boy, Roy."
And then Felicity bumps into Roy and and he falls on top of Diggle, who was relaxing on their basement-hideout sofa.

Eleven Tumblrites exploded when they screened a work draft of that episode. The eleventh was just masturbating to My Little Pony fanart, but they still count that explosion as a win.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Hey at least he didn't say anything about Black Drivers going into Arsenals.

That would be weird.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Aphrodite posted:

Hey at least he didn't say anything about Black Drivers going into Arsenals.

That would be weird.

Huh, speaking of Black Driver, I forgot I made this one as well, just found it doing some cleaning.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Drifter posted:

Nobody likes your lame fanfic just let it go, dude.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha someone on reddit confirmed a boxing glove arrow would knock a dude out.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

So Stephen Amell also voiced regular Green Arrow in Lego Batman 3, not just the Arrow version of himself. Now I wish Amell was allowed to be this upbeat and goofy on the real show :(.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

The only way to truly confirm is practical application.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

zoux posted:

Neat. I wonder how long it will be until someone actually tries this and gets arrested for it.

In other news, this has probably already been posted or something but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dSWO9Uf_Zs

Amell confirms that Laurel isn't going to turn into a badass this season. Also some other interesting background stuff, all around a good watch.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 15, 2014

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The boxing glove arrow was awesome, and i was happy that cleared up the Roy thing right away, instead of him waiting half the season to mention it. But i thought the bad guy of the week was really lame, it was a bit silly that a normal guy with a gun and a car make the Arrow team look like noobs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Neat. I wonder how long it will be until someone actually tries this and gets arrested for it.

In other news, this has probably already been posted or something but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dSWO9Uf_Zs

Amell confirms that Laurel isn't going to turn into a badass this season. Also some other interesting background stuff, all around a good watch.

I didn't watch the video so I don't know if he says anything about it, but my guess has been Laurel gets enough from Wildcat to go start vigilantizing and then Ollie breaks down and decides to train her around the finale so they can skip ahead 5 months of training when season 4 starts. Or depending on how the League situation shakes out Nyssa maybe.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oasx posted:

The boxing glove arrow was awesome, and i was happy that cleared up the Roy thing right away, instead of him waiting half the season to mention it. But i thought the bad guy of the week was really lame, it was a bit silly that a normal guy with a gun and a car make the Arrow team look like noobs.

Except he wasn't targeting team Arrow? He was going after Ted.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

And he wasn't just some scrub off the street, he had training and was the sidekick of a vigilante.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Is Wildcat's ex-sidekick someone from the comics?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Is Wildcat's ex-sidekick someone from the comics?

No. His last name is the name of a director on the show.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I always pictured the Wildcat from BTAS, a kinda larger guy - I don't care about the age. This one in Arrow ALWAYS brings me out of the show for a minute whenever I see him. He's just so tiny and unimposing - should be called BalletCat or something instead.

Also, I know you guys love Katrina Law, so now you can watch her in a made-for-TV romcom movie (from a year ago), Snow Bride.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He got updated to an MMA guy, so his build makes sense.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm interested to see where the Japan flashback goes. I actually suspect that they may stretch it to two seasons and bring the obvious character from the past into the present in season 4, just like they did Slade.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Dead Snoopy posted:

I'm interested to see where the Japan flashback goes. I actually suspect that they may stretch it to two seasons and bring the obvious character from the past into the present in season 4, just like they did Slade.

Oliver still needs to go to Russia and then back to the island.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wasn't China White just a minor villain character he dealt with multiple times in season 1? Or was that someone else? Because that kind of makes it hard to care about her fate 5 years ago. She seems thoroughly unimportant.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Pretty sure she's an ongoing/recurring villain, isn't she?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Oliver still needs to go to Russia and then back to the island.

I see this still in the cards.

I kinda wish this show would use Cheshire. She's too bad rear end not to be used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire_(comics)

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I think that China White is supposed to be a major/notable Green Arrow villain, so they're probably using the Hong Kong flashback to get more use out of her character rather than a villain of the week character that she was last season. Or it's a pre-existing character that makes sense to be doing business in the region. From what little I've looked up it doesn't seem like Green Arrow has an extensive rogue gallery anyways so why not get more use out what villains you have?

I am a little bit curious if China White and Oliver recognized each other in the show before or if there was any indication that they had a history.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

I see this still in the cards.

He has to be in Russia long enough to become a captain in the Bratva and learn some Russian and then go back to the island long enough to grow that hideous beard from the pilot.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

He has to be in Russia long enough to become a captain in the Bratva and learn some Russian and then go back to the island long enough to grow that hideous beard from the pilot.

Wasn't the guy who he saved on the tanker a high ranked Bratva member? I imagine that would help speed along his move up the ranks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Scyantific posted:

Wasn't the guy who he saved on the tanker a high ranked Bratva member? I imagine that would help speed along his move up the ranks.

Yep he is the guy who he named dropped as his friend.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
If the flashbacks next season are going to be set in Russia, then what would Oliver be doing and why wouldn't he be able to return home? It's not like he is going to be held hostage or prisoner by the Russians because he is in good with them. I suppose they could do some thing were he feels obligated to stay and fight some bad guy and then get thrown back to the island at the end of the season/flashback storyline but thats stretching it.

At some point the show should consider ditching flashbacks altogether though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They'll probably do a thing where at the end of his time with ARGUS he gets the choice to go back home or stay away and continue training.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

They'll probably do a thing where at the end of his time with ARGUS he gets the choice to go back home or stay away and continue training.

I think it's going to be much worse than that. He wants to kill Amanda for some reason.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The flashbacks were the highlight of season one for me. The present stuff was just boring predictable, Ollie honestly felt like a Mary-Sue at times, also as much as I love Barrowman he didn't really feel enough like a big threat or that interesting as a villain. The Stuntwork was great though and Tommy actually acted like a human being and had a pretty decent character arc. The flashbacks however were really good. They were kind of like how I imagined a TV series based on Far Cry 3 would be like.
Season two flashbacks though however started losing me after Spade finally went the full crazy revenge psycho. It was like they didn't know what to do between then and the final showdown between Ollie and Slade. Now season three has completely lost me. It just feels like they don't know what to do with them now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Proposition Joe posted:

I think that China White is supposed to be a major/notable Green Arrow villain, so they're probably using the Hong Kong flashback to get more use out of her character rather than a villain of the week character that she was last season. Or it's a pre-existing character that makes sense to be doing business in the region. From what little I've looked up it doesn't seem like Green Arrow has an extensive rogue gallery anyways so why not get more use out what villains you have?

I am a little bit curious if China White and Oliver recognized each other in the show before or if there was any indication that they had a history.

The funny thing with Green Arrow is he has a pretty small list of rogues, and when they introduced Cupid her big debut was killing all of them.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

Season two flashbacks though however started losing me after Spade finally went the full crazy revenge psycho.

Call a Slade a Slade.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Drifter posted:

I always pictured the Wildcat from BTAS, a kinda larger guy - I don't care about the age. This one in Arrow ALWAYS brings me out of the show for a minute whenever I see him. He's just so tiny and unimposing - should be called BalletCat or something instead.

Also, I know you guys love Katrina Law, so now you can watch her in a made-for-TV romcom movie (from a year ago), Snow Bride.

Yeah, I understand that this is the CW and everyone has to be svelte and pretty, but I'd love that arc so much if we had a Mickey Rourke type of dude playing Wildcat. The whole thing would play better that way, I think.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope the show makes it to season 6, and spends the entire season intermittently flashing back to season 1. Think of the money they'd save.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

BreakAtmo posted:

Call a Slade a Slade.

I blame my tablet's autocorrect.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

I blame my tablet's autocorrect.

As someone posting on the phone Awful App with Swype at this very moment, I feel your pain.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

greatn posted:

I hope the show makes it to season 6, and spends the entire season intermittently flashing back to season 1. Think of the money they'd save.

The show already has a six year plan, with year six supposed to be the only season not mirrored with flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TyrantWD posted:

The show already has a six year plan, with year six supposed to be the only season not mirrored with flashbacks.

Makes sense. Five years away, five seasons with flashbacks.

• Locked thread