Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
The breakfast food is the loving bomb and where it's at:

Chilaquiles, chorizo con huevos, and machaca con huevos. Or eat soyrizo con huevos if you want the taste of chorizo with out the lard-soaked hog anuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the other day i ordered a machaca burrito from the place near my house and i swear it contained just 1 egg and like 3 pounds of slow cooked pork roast. was amazing.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Okay I would eat that

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TOILETLORD posted:

the other day i ordered a machaca burrito from the place near my house and i swear it contained just 1 egg and like 3 pounds of slow cooked pork roast. was amazing.

:drat:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Previous Jesus posted:

agreed, green chile chicken enchiladas own

you could put green chile on a turd in the toilet and i'd eat that poo poo up

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

shiksa posted:

am i reading this right? the al pastor tacos are way cheaper than other tacos? get me down there.

i praise allah 24/7 that i dont have this cockup. oh, mexican and thai food taste like poo poo because of my genetics? gently caress you mom and dad.

pastor tacos are the only one youre getting individually on that menu. 8 is pretty good

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the taco shop near me has switched owners like 4 times in 2 years so every time i go, they give me better food than normal/is cost effective because i'm one of their only "regulars" i eat at that wall hole 2 times a week.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Never had it, never will.

Looks disgusting imo

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

The only thing I'll miss after moving out of my Mexican neighborhood is a good torta. It's basically a sandwich with meat of your choice, avocado, refried beans, cheese, pickled jalepenos, and lettuce/tomato.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

serious norman posted:

Looks disgusting imo

Never had Mexican food? gently caress, that's like saying you've never had sex, but it doesn't look pleasant.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

serious norman posted:

Looks disgusting imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Here we are on page 3 and I'm ashamed at the lack of love for cabeza tacos and also tripa tacos. There's a joint down the street that serves cabeza tacos with some kinda roasted salsa that's amazing. For tripa, there's another joint a few miles away that serves it with some delicious verde sauce that I recently learned also contains more than the recommended daily allotment of lead.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Listen by page 3 i meant page four the new internet trend is adding one to every number

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
margaritas
mole sauce (all kinds)
fajita meat
lard
heaven in your mouth

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I pity the fools who don't like them some meat with sauces and stuff

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
For tacos, I've been chowing recently on carnitas and cochinita pibil. Mmmmm, delicious pork...

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

So. What about hot sauces? I like Valentina, because I'm not an insecure white guy who needs the hottest sauce to prove how macho I am.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

some people have weird genetics and cilantro tastes like soap or something to them. luckily i am not one of these people

I never had it until I was like 27 and I asked my friend why the gently caress there was soap in my tortillo soup. He said what are you talking about? I handed him one of the green things and said "I think they got some bay leaves they use in soap or something" and he tasted it and said you dumb poo poo thats cilantro. I said what is this? I did a little research and still tastes like poo poo, pretty much ruins everything I eat. I don't care if I had weird genertics and think its gross, it would still be gross if I didnt. Who would eat this poo poo? It is like eating battery acid on a leaf. Ugh. Let me ruin all my flavors with bitter garbage.

carne asada is literally tampico poured onto meat because mexicans can't afford orange juice lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tiberius Thyben posted:

So. What about hot sauces? I like Valentina, because I'm not an insecure white guy who needs the hottest sauce to prove how macho I am.

make sure you down that with some Orchata, really helps clean the palate

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

breakfast tacos are the only american attempt at mexicans that is good enough to be counted among the mexican pantheon

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is my loving jam.

Ok so here are few dishes which may be harder to find, but they are perfect for winter time. If you're a good cook you might want to try your hand at them.

Chiles en nogada - Perhaps the ultimate Mexican dish. It is the same concept as chiles rellenos but they are not fried and covered in a creamy sauce. Some restaurants only offer them during independence day or during fall/winter.

Caldo Tlalpeņo - You might know this as tortilla soup, you also might be a luckless dummy. Caldo Tlalpeņo is the jiggity rear end jam. Must contain: Chicken, BIG pieces of Avocado, chunks of white cheese, fried tortilla, and a big ol' chipotle.

Tamal Vercruzano - This could get me killed in the North, but I actually prefer tamales verecruzanos over the typical corn tamal that we eat in Northern Mexico/USA. This one's wrapped in a banana leaf and might contain chunks of chicken or pork.

Pozole - The Aztecs may have originally made this as a cannibalistic ritual dish. Unfortunately it is now made with boring old Pork and/or Chicken. It is loving delicious, especially when spicy. My mom's is the best :colbert:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Oberleutnant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6msh9BeIJA
these tacos look poretyy fast. i like tacos but you cant' really get authentic mexican in england only poo poo you buy in a box from the supermarket

Are you posting from like 5 years ago when this was true? Or maybe you're from Wales.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Valentina is the poo poo

Or El Yucateco ,the neon green one that's probably full of lead

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Here we are on page 3 and I'm ashamed at the lack of love for cabeza tacos and also tripa tacos. There's a joint down the street that serves cabeza tacos with some kinda roasted salsa that's amazing. For tripa, there's another joint a few miles away that serves it with some delicious verde sauce that I recently learned also contains more than the recommended daily allotment of lead.

I live in Mexico in a loving city that doesn't have tacos de cabeza and tripa and I hate them for that. People are instead crazy over pastor and gorditas. :( I miss the greasy tripa in a greasy tortilla...

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Axetrain posted:

Mexican food is the best food. I heard Mexico is one of the fatter countries in the world despite the poverty. Pretty obvious why if what they eat is a bunch of corn and fatty meats soaked in delicious sauces. Prob one of the few upsides to living in the US compared to other 1st world countries is proximity to the worlds number 1 comfort food culture.

Truly Mexico and the Americas have contributed to the world's food supply immensely. Chocolate, chili, corn, tomatoes, avocados... these are some of the greatest foods in existence.

Europe was eating Turnips before they got the good poo poo from there lmao

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRwQQPV5EWg

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

I live in Mexico in a loving city that doesn't have tacos de cabeza and tripa and I hate them for that. People are instead crazy over pastor and gorditas. :( I miss the greasy tripa in a greasy tortilla...

We have trucks here that sell that poo poo, I thought you guys would be all about using every part of the cow and pig how do you not have that

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

We have trucks here that sell that poo poo, I thought you guys would be all about using every part of the cow and pig how do you not have that

Yeah, at my mother's city you'll find taquerias selling you all the parts of the cow and pig. Over here people tend to have lovely food tastes.

but the tortas are loving epic:

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
I found a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant near me, and I'm pretty sure it's authentic. I had a torta with cow tongue and I'm now in love with the place. My only complaint is that I can't read the menu.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Chile rellenos are the one dish I've seen vary wildly in quality but when it's good it's loving good.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

My sister works for the department of state alongside a foreign exchange programs where kids from eastern europe come to the united states for like a year and stay with a host family. A lot of the time they ask what is the best american food, and its hard to pinpoint because culturally our gastronomy is so diverse, but when it comes down to it, i point them in the direction of taco bell for the ultimate summation of american food. They go back to their home country and when it comes time for their report or whatever when they say what they liked best and worst about living in this country, an overwhelming majority mention that "mexican" food was the best thing.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
None of you live near a place that sells Menudo? Man, how to get you get over a hangover with that poo poo?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bonzo posted:

None of you live near a place that sells Menudo? Man, how to get you get over a hangover with that poo poo?

A lot of taco shops will make it Sunday only.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

klosterdev posted:

I found a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant near me, and I'm pretty sure it's authentic. I had a torta with cow tongue and I'm now in love with the place. My only complaint is that I can't read the menu.

#1 sign of a good Mexican joint.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Bonzo posted:

?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
More like MenudOwns.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Frijolero posted:

Pozole - The Aztecs may have originally made this as a cannibalistic ritual dish. Unfortunately it is now made with boring old Pork and/or Chicken. It is loving delicious, especially when spicy. My mom's is the best :colbert:

Have a pot of this on the stove. Right now I'm chowing down on a pot of menudo from a place in town where if you can't speak a little Spanish you can't order. Have a nice bottle of Mexican coke to follow it and a side of honest to god fried pork skins, the real stuff with the layer of fat fried in not that poo poo you get in a bag

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

gnarlyhotep posted:

OP if you don't like crunchy corn shell tacos then maybe you should move to canada or something

You have a blue star now? Ahaha you poor bastard.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

klosterdev posted:

I don't know why that is but a lot of hole in the wall places can be great. Like the best chicken philly I had was from a gas station guy named Ali in the middle of the ghetto, or tacos from a truck in the middle of Austin on some random street and another place that had the windows with iron bars...or fried chicken at Hot Sauce Williams...or kebabalicious being a shack in Austin.

The best sandwich I ever had with incredibly fresh and delicious simple ingredients was at Bellatrinos, a food truck in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Good pizza too. I wish I could have experienced more but it is tough to nail down where that truck would have been.

Also great in Fort Worth is Los Molcajetes in a strip mall. They light the queso on fire and mix with meat it at your table while one fire until it goes out. Their chimichanga was basically a larger chipotle burrito filled completely with flavorful beef or chicken.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Bonzo posted:

Barbacoa de borrego.

• Locked thread