Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

cremnob posted:

lol jerk mcjerkface is buying it

it's a big poop ourobouros. a turd eating it's own tail. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

From 10/2013 until two weeks ago I used the same N5. I changed my username from JMJF as part of rebranding myself to get away from then nonsense of phone flipping. I perfected a new PTC ad app gimmick to make money instead. Then there N6 came and it all fell apart. Hopefully when I get the N5 and cancel the N6 I can return to phone equilibrium.

She got the iPhone6 last week and I've had the iPhone5 on CL and SAMart and got no traction. I got a ton of $150 dollar offers from CL for it. I ended up trading it into AT&T for $200 which was the best deal I'd get. It had a scratch on the screen and no one wanted it. Also the promotion expired in a couple days and they would instead give me $70 for it so I had to move.

lol. this does not in any way refute what i said

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

and is a rare color

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its just a phone

it is more than a phone

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

lol if you haven't become obsessive about preparing your mind for the inevitable release from your mortal coil, but instead obsess over globs of plastic and silicon that will be out of date and worth nothing in 4 months manufactured by corporations that benefit greatly from consumers blindly pawing over their latest excrement and even getting in heated fights over the merits of said fecal tech

just lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's ok to buy stuff one doesn't need, it's the rationalization that makes it so sad

I'm buying 2 pairs of shoes this week but I hold no pretense that it's anything I actually must do

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

quoth the yosposter, never more

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Mido posted:

lol if you haven't become obsessive about preparing your mind for the inevitable release from your mortal coil, but instead obsess over globs of plastic and silicon that will be out of date and worth nothing in 4 months manufactured by corporations that benefit greatly from consumers blindly pawing over their latest excrement and even getting in heated fights over the merits of said fecal tech

just lol

i tried to do this but the death obsession kept winning

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

i tried to do this but the death obsession kept winning

do not chase death, brother, it will find you all on its own

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

qirex posted:

it's ok to buy stuff one doesn't need, it's the rationalization that makes it so sad

I'm buying 2 pairs of shoes this week but I hold no pretense that it's anything I actually must do
i bought a new hoodie because my other two are falling apart

i really just wanted a new hoodie though

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

gravitational pull of pepsi universe

gravitational pull of galaxy user

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

From 10/2013 until two weeks ago I used the same N5. I changed my username from JMJF as part of rebranding myself to get away from then nonsense of phone flipping. I perfected a new PTC ad app gimmick to make money instead. Then there N6 came and it all fell apart. Hopefully when I get the N5 and cancel the N6 I can return to phone equilibrium.

She got the iPhone6 last week and I've had the iPhone5 on CL and SAMart and got no traction. I got a ton of $150 dollar offers from CL for it. I ended up trading it into AT&T for $200 which was the best deal I'd get. It had a scratch on the screen and no one wanted it. Also the promotion expired in a couple days and they would instead give me $70 for it so I had to move.

can I get your phone purchase history in timeline graph format, it's to complicated to convey in text

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you need the spreadsheet to fully understand it

also jerk mcjerkface is just an idiot who wastes his life over petty sums. don't try to debate him

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

maniacdevnull posted:

gravitational pull of pepsi universe

gravitational pull of galaxy user

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The Management posted:

you need the spreadsheet to fully understand it

also jerk mcjerkface is just an idiot who wastes his life over petty sums. don't try to debate him

My phone app rigs have put over $1200 in my pocket since August. Maybe to you an extra $300 a month is a petty sum? Especially when for the past two months I've done nothing with them but make sure they are turned on when I leave for work.

The phone buying and selling is a fools errand, which is why I got out of the game last year, but the siren call of the Nexus lured me back in, and I'm lucky I was able to just break even on it.

But for those of you keeping score at home:

iPhone3GS $200 on contract
HTC Inspire 4G Straight trade for above, sold for $300
Galaxy S2 bought on contract for $150 sold for $250
Galaxy Note bought new straight up for $700, returned
Galaxy Note bought new straight up for $550, returned
Galaxy Nexus bought used for $200 sold for $200
Galaxy Nexus bought used for $150 sold for $200
Nexus 4 8GB bought new $300?, returned
Nexus 4 16gb bought new $350, sold for $400
Nexus 4 16GB white bought new $350, dropped in Texas, broke screen, sold for $250
Nexus 4 16GB black bought used $200, sold for $200
Nexus 5 32GB bought new for $400, sold for $350
Nexus 5 32GB bought used for $320 will sell for more
Nexus 6 32gb bought new for $650 do not have yet

These prices are approximate, and I'm likely off, but I'm can't find the excel sheet.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My phone app rigs have put over $1200 in my pocket since August. Maybe to you an extra $300 a month is a petty sum? Especially when for the past two months I've done nothing with them but make sure they are turned on when I leave for work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Dunning_(author)#Wire_fraud_case

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The phone buying and selling is a fools errand, which is why I got out of the game last year, but the siren call of the Nexus lured me back in, and I'm lucky I was able to just break even on it.

But for those of you keeping score at home:

iPhone3GS $200 on contract
HTC Inspire 4G Straight trade for above, sold for $300
Galaxy S2 bought on contract for $150 sold for $250
Galaxy Note bought new straight up for $700, returned
Galaxy Note bought new straight up for $550, returned
Galaxy Nexus bought used for $200 sold for $200
Galaxy Nexus bought used for $150 sold for $200
Nexus 4 8GB bought new $300?, returned
Nexus 4 16gb bought new $350, sold for $400
Nexus 4 16GB white bought new $350, dropped in Texas, broke screen, sold for $250
Nexus 4 16GB black bought used $200, sold for $200
Nexus 5 32GB bought new for $400, sold for $350
Nexus 5 32GB bought used for $320 will sell for more
Nexus 6 32gb bought new for $650 do not have yet

These prices are approximate, and I'm likely off, but I'm can't find the excel sheet.

i know we joke a lot in here, but i mean this in all earnestness.

please seek help. for your sake and the sake of your friends and family.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

of course

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

infernal machines posted:

i know we joke a lot in here, but i mean this in all earnestness.

please seek help. for your sake and the sake of your friends and family.

Just to clarify, that is over 5 years. And this year, I didn't buy or sell anything until just now.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
In that entire time, i've owned one phone: an iphone 5.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Just to clarify, that is over 5 years. And this year, I didn't buy or sell anything until just now.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

here's my five year phone history

had a samsung moment, upgraded
had an htc evo, upgraded
have an iphone 5, about to upgrade

just to help you out, that's what a normal person's 5 year phone history looks like (minus the shameful android part)

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Proteus4994 posted:

here's my five year phone history

had a samsung moment, upgraded
had an htc evo, upgraded
have an iphone 5, about to upgrade

just to help you out, that's what a normal person's 5 year phone history looks like (minus the shameful android part)

Is there a thread in which we make fun of Apple people that have to get the new iPhone the day it is released and wait inline for days?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my shameful smartphone history contains a blip of android. i learned quickly though

2009: motorola droid
2011: iphone 4s
2013: iphone 5s

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
what are phone app rigs

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Amethyst posted:

what are phone app rigs
img-pegboard and zip ties

lazydog
Apr 15, 2003

Amethyst posted:

what are phone app rigs

there are apps that run ads constantly and they pay you like 5 cents an hour, so if you have a lot of phones you can make dozens of cents an hour.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

lol jesus

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

being a bottom feeder in a scheme to defraud advertisers. this is living

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

how many phones is jerkface running?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
here's the phones i had in the last 5 years

galaxy s2
moto x

and i still have them

lol

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
i was using an htc wizard (branded as a t-mo mda) up until early 2011

i still have it, just because i haven't taken the time to wipe it properly and see if there's still a sperg community out there for it who might want it. i'm tempted to keep it because it's like a transitional species for smartphones

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
are we posting our phone ownership histories now

early 2011: iPhone 4
late 2012: iPhone 5
2014: iPhone 6

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

wow these lists are super interesting guys keep 'em coming

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

fleshweasel posted:

are we posting our phone ownership histories now

early 2011: iPhone 4
late 2012: iPhone 5
2014: iPhone 6

apparently.

6/2011 - htc thunderbolt
12/2012 - galaxy s3

that's it. i had a moto rizr dumb phone before that. the s3 is decreasingly needs suiting mainly because important poo poo like the cellular is randomly starting to flake out so I guess an iphone 6 non-hugephone is in my future because gently caress android.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Shifty Pony posted:

it is actually a bad idea in every way besides "looks cool"

actually its a really good idea cause ring flash is by far the most flattering when taking pics of stuff normal people take pics of like faces

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
weren't there really lovely programs in the nineties you could install and they'd show you banner ads and would pay you pennies a day for the privilege?

is that what this guy is doing in tyool 2014?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Is there a thread in which we make fun of Apple people that have to get the new iPhone the day it is released and wait inline for days?

no, because anyone who wants a day iphone can just order it online. the people who wait in line for them are too stupid to use a computer.

gnrk posted:

weren't there really lovely programs in the nineties you could install and they'd show you banner ads and would pay you pennies a day for the privilege?

is that what this guy is doing in tyool 2014?

basically, but you "earn" cash just by having the app running.

it's like bitcoin but with the presumable benefit of retuning actual money ($9/day! from only ~2k worth of phones that cannot be used for anything else and are destroyed by the process) instead of aspergers tokens

• Locked thread