Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i live near 10-10000 places that sell menudo everyone speaks english at the register.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

TOILETLORD posted:

i live near 10-10000 places that sell menudo everyone speaks english at the register.

There's a place near by. The service is extremely slow and their morning's menudo isn't that good. Meh. It's not worth the wait.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Desperado Bones posted:

There's a place near by. The service is extremely slow and their morning's menudo isn't that good. Meh. It's not worth the wait.

i'm within walking distance of 3 places that serve menudo every day fresh starting at 10 am.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Desperado Bones posted:

Pho has surpassed Menudo as the go-to hangover cure in my neighborhood.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Frijolero posted:

Chiles en nogada - Perhaps the ultimate Mexican dish. It is the same concept as chiles rellenos but they are not fried and covered in a creamy sauce. Some restaurants only offer them during independence day or during fall/winter.

Is that a pumpkin seed sauce like whats on Papadzules?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Poland Spring posted:

Ralibertos is the best and I will fight anyone who disagrees

You really can't go wrong at a *berto's.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

walnut sauce according to my googlin'

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
this is a really good thread, keep up the excellent work

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I enjoy Taco Bell, they make great Mexican food.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I enjoy Taco Bell, they make great Mexican food.

delicioso!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

TEAYCHES posted:

delicioso!

That's food...ish.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

TEAYCHES posted:

delicioso!

would

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ddraig posted:

Truly Mexico and the Americas have contributed to the world's food supply immensely. Chocolate, chili, corn, tomatoes, avocados... these are some of the greatest foods in existence.

Europe was eating Turnips before they got the good poo poo from there lmao

dont forget potatoes

seriously imagine stting down to your big bowl of mushed peas with turnips and cabbage on the side

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Mange Mite posted:

dont forget potatoes

seriously imagine stting down to your big bowl of mushed peas with turnips and cabbage on the side

Pease pudding and turnip are actually really good.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

TEAYCHES posted:

delicioso!

Also. I have only had Taco Bell once. The main fast food tex mex place here is Taco Time, which is leagues ahead. I'm not sure how you people can stand taco bell, really.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I will admit that I will definitely crave, on occation, a bean and chease burrito (extra onions and red sauce) and a quesadilla from the Bell.

Its a guilty pleasure. So. Much. Salt!!!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you? Chiles en nogada= Nogada= Nogal= Tree where the loving mother loving walnuts come from.

Also you are tasting the mexican flag when you eat one of those. It tastes delicious.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
If you're ever in downtown Portland, hit up Tito's Burritos or La Jarochita and grab yourself a bigass machaca burrito for about a fiver. Makes you temporarily forget all the transplant faggots with stupid facial hair surrounding you.

mucocele posted:

I don't care how Americanized it is. That white queso dip served at restaurants is addicting.

That's cum. You're eating cum, dude

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Chinatown posted:

I will admit that I will definitely crave, on occation, a bean and chease burrito (extra onions and red sauce) and a quesadilla from the Bell.

Its a guilty pleasure. So. Much. Salt!!!

there's comfort food and then there's shame food. taco bell is what they cook nightmares out of, tasty tasty nightmares. and like most of their recent food innovations are just the horrible mutants spawned my mating their food with itself. last friday i had a gordita with one of those dorito tacos inside it. horrible. disgusting. delicious.

also, on the shame food spectrum, allsups burritos. they taste like god's rear end in a top hat. and/but you regret eating it immediately afterward. no other deep fried truck stop burrito compares.

p off topic though. those things can nebulously be called mexican food at best.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

chilaquiles are another god tier mexican food:

which brings me to the question: why the gently caress cant americans do refried beans right? its like the simplest thing in the world and you would imagine american would relish the chance to fry yet another thing

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

babypolis posted:

chilaquiles are another god tier mexican food:

which brings me to the question: why the gently caress cant americans do refried beans right? its like the simplest thing in the world and you would imagine american would relish the chance to fry yet another thing

because its cheaper and easier to use lovely canned beans plus jews and assorted health weirdos demanding no lard which is pretty much what the poitn of refried beans is

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I made tacos with leftover chicken thighs last night. Skin and all. Very good.

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe

Pudding Huxtable posted:

If you're ever in downtown Portland, hit up Tito's Burritos or La Jarochita and grab yourself a bigass machaca burrito for about a fiver. Makes you temporarily forget all the transplant faggots with stupid facial hair surrounding you.

It's too drat cold for food carts, man.

Tienda Santa Cruz, King Burrito and Taqueria Portland all have good burritos and are inside.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Live by the cum; live a good long time.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Doctor said I probably just got parasites from eating delicious Mexican food in Mexico. :yum:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Pudding Huxtable posted:

If Mexican restaurant queso dip is cum, then I will immediately start sucking dick and never ever stop.

EDIT: cum does not taste like queso

Cool Dad fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 19, 2014

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Desperado Bones posted:

Doctor said I probably just got parasites from eating delicious Mexican food in Mexico. :yum:

Worth it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Desperado Bones posted:

sounds like a good way to lose weight

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Mange Mite posted:

sounds like a good way to lose weight

Considering that I now have to cook at home and favor steaming. Yes. Goodbye greasy food, hello steamed vegetables.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its funny bc a lot of people here think most mexicans are parasites

kinda rude tho

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Desperado Bones posted:

Considering that I now have to cook at home and favor steaming. Yes. Goodbye greasy food, hello steamed vegetables.

im sorry

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fetus Tree posted:

its funny bc a lot of people here think most mexicans are parasites

kinda rude tho

we are actually the hardest working ppl in the world, if you take into account domestic work

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

babypolis posted:

we are actually the hardest working ppl in the world, if you take into account domestic work

i've never met a mexican i didn't get along with

until they find out my family is from argentina :argh:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

:negative:

Fetus Tree posted:

i've never met a mexican i didn't get along with

until they find out my family is from argentina :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuSfJGiHf3s

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lengua is pretty much awesome. What's also awesome is that for some reason the Seattle Mariners ballpark has lengua tacos. What sucks is that they run out of them every game, so you have to get them early.

Horchata is loving amazing too.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Yo soy la haba de jalea en el galimatías

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I've got a couple of these in m freezer. $2 for 19 oz of "mexican" food, I am living the American dream people.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
whats the %DV of sodium if you eat it all

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Fetus Tree posted:

whats the %DV of sodium if you eat it all

NaN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

I've got a couple of these in m freezer. $2 for 19 oz of "mexican" food, I am living the American dream people.

Oohh those are dank

• Locked thread