Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

snodig posted:

That was debunked in a reddit thread earlier.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/2mntnj/gta_v_has_more_foilage_on_ps4_than_on_xbox_one/

Someone went to that area on the xbox one and took a picture:

I think there's a video in that topic as well.

So those screenshots and that video is fake - the xbox one footage is actually captured on a 360.

No it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Anyone else having someone framerate issues on ps4 when weaving in and out of traffic?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Yes it is.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

Anyone know for sure? What point?

I can't remember exactly when, but I've just done the mission where Michael catches his wife sleeping with the tennis coach and got a message about it maybe a mission or two ago. So pretty early in the game.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I don't have access to any of the special guns except the hammer in single player. I had the CE before and the stunt plane/blimp show up but no guns. I can't even buy them. I just finished The Long Stretch and still no dice. Help.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

snodig posted:

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Anyone else having someone framerate issues on ps4 when weaving in and out of traffic?

nope

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

First person driving is insane

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Linx posted:

Heads up for the PS4 players, if you swipe left/right on the touchpad while you're in a car it cycles your weapons. Swipe up and down to change the radio station.

Also as an undocumented feature on PS4 if you are L2 aiming in first person and swipe down to up on the pad you will quick throw whatever grenade is the one selected on the wheel without changing off of your primary weapon. :aaaaa:

Since the Bone has no touch pad I have no idea if they have an analogue.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

AndrewP posted:

First person driving is insane

I really like the first person driving so far. On foot though I really can't get into it, why there isn't an option for toggle sprint I will never know. Having to hold in the thumbstick is insanely uncomfortable on the PS4 remote.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I seem to have started with $500,000. What's the deal with the million dollar preorder>

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

ethanol posted:

I seem to have started with $500,000. What's the deal with the million dollar preorder>

You get the other half million in multiplayer.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I love first person when on a motorcycle. Cars can be a little harder. I wish they had the rear view mirrors completely functional so you could see behind you but oh well.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The first person stuff is insanely awesome. I've been playing GTA:SA on 360 for the last week, so the jump seems even more impressive.

i was going to hold out for the PC version, but i'm glad i didn't. I got the PS4 version based on earlier reports of it's superiority, but it's a shame most of that turned out to be bullshit because i really prefer the xbone controller.

Hopefully i can transfer my character again to the PC version once that comes out.

ethanol posted:

My ps4 version had a code in the box.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

marktheando posted:

I can't remember exactly when, but I've just done the mission where Michael catches his wife sleeping with the tennis coach and got a message about it maybe a mission or two ago. So pretty early in the game.

Comically, I was reading this post just after finishing the boat freeway mission and it just popped up. Franklins is $30k.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

First person got a ton better after I turned off the loving head bob. God drat is that a bad implementation of it. Driving is fun but difficult. It'd be nice if driving look sensitivity could be set higher than walking look sensitivity so you could look around corners and such quicker while driving. That said, I am starting to get the hang of it.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
You can't turn into a crow in first person? What the gently caress Rockstar?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It feels like the framerate is a bit lovely when driving in the northern part of the city on a PS4 (specifically, driving west along the Walk of Fame road).

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The install is going really slow for me. Didn't see too much about it in the last couple pages, how was it for everybody else?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Dangerous Person posted:

The install is going really slow for me. Didn't see too much about it in the last couple pages, how was it for everybody else?

Going really slow for me as well. Also, what % does it need to get to before you can start playing on XBONE?

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

shortspecialbus posted:

First person got a ton better after I turned off the loving head bob. God drat is that a bad implementation of it. Driving is fun but difficult. It'd be nice if driving look sensitivity could be set higher than walking look sensitivity so you could look around corners and such quicker while driving. That said, I am starting to get the hang of it.

i love the the first person view so far, but my biggest gripe is that the acceleration on the joysticks is all hosed and makes free aim clunky and difficult.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Anyone enable the Motion Sensor options? I just found it in the settings. Works for Aircraft, Bikes, and Boats. Testing it on a motorcycle and it'd pretty sweet. Dunno if xbones have this setting

e: only works for fps

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Lawen posted:

Going really slow for me as well. Also, what % does it need to get to before you can start playing on XBONE?

Check if you've downloaded everything by pressing options on the GTA icon and then information. A lot of people that's been reporting slow install often missed a big chunk of the game files. It's pretty big - 51GB.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Awesome, even though I hadn't logged in since a couple weeks after launch of GTA:O I still got that smooth $500k for the launch issues, on top of the $650k pre-order cash and the $150k I still had on my character.

Took away my FBI SUV though. :(

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It seems like the PS4 handles worst-case situations more badly than Xbone. In the Digital Foundry videos, you can see the PS4 struggle a bit here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxzCRlH3BOw&t=656s

Compared to the Xbone, which has a few dips but overall handles the same area better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJCBgcX_jk&t=665s

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

You know, playing this now after not having played the 360 version in a few months, it's hard for me to really notice a lot of graphical improvements not comparing them side by side. Which isn't a knock against this version - it just makes me even more impressed at how goddamned good they got the original game to look on the previous gen.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

ymgve posted:

It seems like the PS4 handles worst-case situations more badly than Xbone. In the Digital Foundry videos, you can see the PS4 struggle a bit here:

Compared to the Xbone, which has a few dips but overall handles the same area better:

The PS4 dropped to 27 that one time, but remained at 30 everywhere else. Xbox One never went below 29. Seems like both systems runs it very well. Maybe people that are reporting drops (even in this thread) have HDD issues?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-grand-theft-auto-5-performance-analysis

"At first blush, we're looking at a very similar release to the Xbox One version - with only one really noticeable difference, the implementation of a lens flare effect that appears either absent or dialled back on Xbox One."

But overall they seem very impressed with what rockstar has done for the next gen version.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

ymgve posted:

Part of that might be because the ps4 version actually looks modern

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 19, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I got the PS4 one to drop like a mutha in Online with three police helicopters having objections to my sniper rifle range testing, circling the tower I was on. While looking up in the air, towards them. Performance fixing patches will be welcomed with arms wide open, it got that ugly.

I sure notice the drops in SP but it's better off than the PS3 was, and I had a healthy PS3 Slim running it.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Drunk driving in first person mode made me :barf:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Looks like the sixaxis motion-sensing for bikes and boats was in the PS3 version as well? surprised I never heard of it. Everyone should try it. Settings-> Motion Sensor Function and enable all of them

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm only racing against Lamar during the prologue and the first person mode is already making a huge difference. Every near miss feels so much more exhilarating.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Coil Voltic is not only a larger pleasure in the updated version, but also quite sweet in first person. Took hours to get used to the increased sensitivity of the mode though.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It took me like 4 tries to pass that first mission where you have to get the motorcycle. First person driving is really hard for ME :qq:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Abu Dave posted:

It took me like 4 tries to pass that first mission where you have to get the motorcycle. First person driving is really hard for ME :qq:

I switched to third person for that after a couple of tries (tried to shoot him off), and then the guy wiped out on an AI car at the third or fourth intersection

Crash Fistfight
Mar 29, 2007

First now I understood the true complexity of women.
I've been playing this using nothing but first person view on ps4. Took a little while to get used to it, but after the first few hours I really love it. I'm loath to use the word but it makes everything more immersive. Someone compared it to Arma controls earlier and that's pretty much spot on. Add gui1tarsonist on psn for EU evening/night online shenanigans.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

MrLonghair posted:

I switched to third person for that after a couple of tries (tried to shoot him off), and then the guy wiped out on an AI car at the third or fourth intersection

I shunted him off the bike, then as I got out of the car to grab it, some rear end in a top hat in a 4WD drove straight into it. Bike destroyed, mission failed. :(

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Creature posted:

I shunted him off the bike, then as I got out of the car to grab it, some rear end in a top hat in a 4WD drove straight into it. Bike destroyed, mission failed. :(

I was racing down the road after him on a motorcycle and in the middle of a clear street, I just got flung straight off my bike for no reason. My bike was like two blocks way, I guess the physics blew up.

One thing that sucks about first person mode is that the left stick is just fuckin atrocious for doing anything but going straight on foot, it makes sprinting and turning impossible.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 19, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

If you ever played forza horizon and thought drat I wish I could get out and bludgeon the other drivers than boy do I have a game for you. First person driving is the way to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

First person mode keeps throwing me off - at first glance walls and fences look like impenetrable barriers like they are in most FPS's. Then I remember what game I'm playing and climb over it or just knock it down.

• Locked thread