Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

UPDATE: Well, I cleaned up the bike and took some photos. See the album here:

http://imgur.com/a/bX8vA

The bad news is that I tried to start it up, and though it cranks well, it isn't starting. I'm guessing that the carbs gummed up during the last two months while it sat in my garage. If anyone is interested, but doesn't think it's worth $1000, please feel free to make an offer.

Edit: SOLD!

Day Man fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Any one interested in a 2003 RM125 engine for parts or a 2009 VT750 engine for parts? I should really start clearing some garbage off the shelves.
I have a new set of Honda valves for 04 to 12 CRF250's also.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Ordered a set of Pirelli Sport Demon's and was sent 2 sets. After sitting in the garage for about a month I've realized I'm not going to own my current bike long enough to use these, so I figured I'd offer them up to a goon. Front is 110/70H-17 and rear is 140/70H-17. Looking to get $75 + shipping for the front, $100 + shipping for the rear, or $175 + shipping for the set. If price + shipping costs more than I paid for them we can renegotiate the price.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Oglogoth posted:

Ordered a set of Pirelli Sport Demon's and was sent 2 sets. After sitting in the garage for about a month I've realized I'm not going to own my current bike long enough to use these, so I figured I'd offer them up to a goon. Front is 110/70H-17 and rear is 140/70H-17. Looking to get $75 + shipping for the front, $100 + shipping for the rear, or $175 + shipping for the set. If price + shipping costs more than I paid for them we can renegotiate the price.

and I just bought a new gs500e that needs tires... any idea on the price of shipping from you to zip code 76092?

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand

Day Man posted:

UPDATE: Well, I cleaned up the bike and took some photos. See the album here:

http://imgur.com/a/bX8vA

The bad news is that I tried to start it up, and though it cranks well, it isn't starting. I'm guessing that the carbs gummed up during the last two months while it sat in my garage. If anyone is interested, but doesn't think it's worth $1000, please feel free to make an offer.

sent you a PM

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Sold

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 20, 2014

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Sold.

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 20, 2014

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Skreemer posted:

and I just bought a new gs500e that needs tires... any idea on the price of shipping from you to zip code 76092?

Sorry I'm coming off a three day spookyfest bender so I haven't been at the PC. I'll check tomorrow how much it would cost to ship and let you know.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/4697387836.html

11.5 Dianese boots, stretched into american calf size because I'm fat.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/mpo/4717863792.html

More fat gear and a big rear end helmet.

I think if you wanted a couple things and I put it in a UPS ground box shipping wouldn't be too bad.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Oglogoth posted:

Sorry I'm coming off a three day spookyfest bender so I haven't been at the PC. I'll check tomorrow how much it would cost to ship and let you know.

No problem, thanks. My email is my username at gmail.com

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
nm - sold

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 21, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Selling off my Knifemaker brackets to put an MT03 headlight on a streetfighter. Read more about them here:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56413

$70 shipped

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Real quick interest check - I am now the proud owner of an 04 ninja 250 rolling chassis. Ran fine before the stupid piece of poo poo sharted the plug out. Likely needs a new engine. If any of you have an engine and need the rest of the bike and live near the DC area, lemme know. I'll tow the beshitted bastard directly to your place, and you'll save me from having to think about CL or taking it apart. I dunno, like $800 or whatever? That seems like the price parts bikes go for here.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Too bad you aren't in the southwest. I always need more project bikes because I am an idiot and never learn my lesson.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

BlackMK4 posted:

Selling off my Knifemaker brackets to put an MT03 headlight on a streetfighter. Read more about them here:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56413

$70 shipped

Gonna do some more research, but this motivates me to finally convert my FZ1 to naked. Won't buy this month but if they're around next month I might be really interested.

Did you have the LSL MT03 light on these? This removes any need for the fork tube mounts right?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Gonna do some more research, but this motivates me to finally convert my FZ1 to naked. Won't buy this month but if they're around next month I might be really interested.

Did you have the LSL MT03 light on these? This removes any need for the fork tube mounts right?

Take your time, I never ended up using them because I sold my GSXR750 off. It uses a LSL MT03 light and then you use T-Clamps around the fork tubes to hold the bracket.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Take your time, I never ended up using them because I sold my GSXR750 off. It uses a LSL MT03 light and then you use T-Clamps around the fork tubes to hold the bracket.

Immediately after posting I googled more and realized I'd still need the fork brackets. Looks like I can find those pretty easy / cheap. The LSL light is dirt cheap too. poo poo. I'll keep you posted.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
You can find the same light from a brammo dealer for like 70 bucks. It's the headlight they use on the Empulse/Empulse R.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Z3n posted:

You can find the same light from a brammo dealer for like 70 bucks. It's the headlight they use on the Empulse/Empulse R.

Looks like you're right, I just have no Brammo dealers anywhere close to me unfortunately. I'll try calling one up tomorrow and see if they'll ship. Any recommendations on a dealer that won't charge 50 bucks for shipping?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Oglogoth posted:

Money sent. You and motorcyclesuperstore dot com ended up being within a few dollars of each other. (Only because they are having a sale though).

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Just bought a new bike so I'm selling my Yamaha WR250X in the DC metro area. It's a 2008 with a little less than 16,000 miles on it, 8,000 of which I put on it since May of 2013. This bike has been awesome fun and I'm really sad I have to get rid of it, but I guess that's the cost of moving up. It's a great beginner bike, very forgiving and easy to ride. It's great in the city - you have fantastic visibility and the suspension absolutely soaks up bumps. It will handle the highway fine, though it gets pretty tiresome within about an hour.

This bike has been ultra reliable for me. I've used it as an every day commuter and road it through the winter down to 8 degree days and it never gave me the slightest problem starting. (I did drain the battery once leaving the key in and lights on, but it started fine on my first attempted bump start). I dropped it once at about 5-10 mph, the only damage was some scratches on the right bar end/handguard and right plastics.

I've ridden this on gravel, light dirt, every kind of pavement imaginable, through water, and it's handled everything great. I've enjoyed this bike immensely and really hope the next owner will love it as much as I have.

This is the only picture I have of it on my computer right now. I'm going to clean it up and take some better pics later this week before posting it other places. Wanted to give SA the first crack:

Here's the mods:

Installed by me:
Happy Trails side rack
Pro Moto rear rack
DRC Edge 2 tailight with integrated turn signals
Sweet T-Rex sticker

Installed by PO:
FMF exhaust (believe it's a Q4 but I'll have to double check)
FMF Powerbomb header
Dynojet Power Commander
Hand guards with integrated turn signals
Headlight modulator
All black plastics
Some kind of gripper seat covering
Alternate little mirrors on the inside of the handguards (the PO used only these, but I like the regular mirrors and have no idea how you could feel comfortable with just these, but they're there)
Sweet guitar handgrips

I have a box of a bunch of original parts, including the original blue and white plastics, header, seat cover, turn signals, and the hacked up rear fender/brake light assembly.

A also have a lower seat and an unused lowering link if the height is an issue. When I first got it I felt like I was about to fall down at every stop. I got the seat and link and only installed the seat. After about a month I was used to the height and switched back to the original seat and haven't looked back. I have an electronic copy of the service manual I can provide as well as a little battery adapter thing for the power commander so you can keep it powered while the bike is off (this is required to load new maps).

I've done all the maintenance on it, but that's only consisted of oil changes, chain and sprocket replacement, regular chain lubing, and the aforementioned modifications.

If you have any interest or questions PM me or feel free to email at jrich4yd [at] gmail.com

Koruthaiolos fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 15, 2015

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Paging Dr. M42, Dr. M42, please respond to the FS thread.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Alright cycle nerds. Time to dawn your weenie-wear and ride for justice!

Cool?
gently caress you. :frogout:

CA pics/vids thread banded together and did a thing. And here it is...
The most important piece of gear you could ever own.

:siren:STICKERS!:siren:

You can buy them here in various configurations of sizes and reflective/non-reflective vinyl.

http://www.powercallsirens.com/product-info.php?pid10839.html

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Well, now my only question is whether I put it on my bike or my helmet.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

SquadronROE posted:

Well on your helmet because if you ever DON'T wear it, then nobody will know that you're violating a sacred pledge.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

SquadronROE posted:

Wait, were we not supposed to get this tattooed on ourselves? That's not what we were doing?

poo poo.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Do we have to pay royalties to hnasty

mainks
Jun 13, 2013

I have a 2001 SV650 for sale in the Des Moines area.

Goon price of $1500.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/4743029208.html

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.
Don't suppose any of you guys are in the DC region and want my 1980 CB900C?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/4750557593.html

Some additional info not on the CL, since it seems to scare everyone away. (I get barely any interest at all, and no one's come to see it. Dunno if it's just priced too high or what):

I found this bike rotting in a garage, and fully restored it. Engine, frame, tank, fuel, everything has been taken apart, inspected, cleaned, replaced, fixed, and adjusted to factory service manual spec.

Some highlights:
* I did a few tasteful upgrades on things that needed replacement: Headlight, handlebars, taillight, turn signals, mirrors, oil lines.
* Painted the tank and covers a cool green/blue from the Kawasaki catalog.
* Cleaned and epoxy sealed the tank.
* Powder coated the wheels black
* 4-into-1 exhaust
* Replaced the coils with high quality Dyna-coils
* Checked/fixed/replaced all electrics per service manual procedure
* New stainless steel brake lines
* Replaced front master cylinder with a the correct sized Nissin sporty-style cup & cylinder job.
* The previous owner bored out the cylinders with the WiseCo 985 kit, so it pulls *really* hard.
* Replaced the head and performed a full valve job. Lapped valves, new seals, checked all guide and wear tolerances.
* Valve lash clearances are all in spec.
* Carbs are cleaned and all wear parts replaced with a kit from Randakk's Cycle Shop. Replaced carb screws with hex head bolts.
* Replaced rubber oil cooler lines with cool looking stainless cased ones.
* Cases split, all gearing checked, shift forks, drive chains, & bearings measured for tolerances
* All oil seals and gaskets were replaced.
* Disassembled and cleaned subtransmission.
* Replaced subtrans and final drive oil.
* New brake pads
* New tires
* All new fluids
* Tons more.

I've got a complete list of the parts I've purchased for replacement on this thing from various sources.
I've also got a near-complete second bike good for parts that goes with.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
My friend would be super interested in that if you were in IL...

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Selling my '08 Aprilia Tuono at the most opportune time of the season! :homebrew:
8300 miles
$5k
Seattle
http://imgur.com/a/8RJDm
*SOLD*

Mcqueen fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 19, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Mcqueen posted:

Selling my '08 Aprilia Tuono at the most opportune time of the season! :homebrew:
8300 miles
$5k
Seattle
http://imgur.com/a/8RJDm
estobandc at the gmail

Goddamnit man, if you were selling that a little over a month ago I'd have bought it off of you. I was already planning to fly to WA to buy a 749 and instead bought one here because that sold. I really wanted to fly n ride from WA. Fuuuuu

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

BlackMK4 posted:

Goddamnit man, if you were selling that a little over a month ago I'd have bought it off of you. I was already planning to fly to WA to buy a 749 and instead bought one here because that sold. I really wanted to fly n ride from WA. Fuuuuu

Bummer, that's about how long I've been debating selling off my motorcycle stuff and getting back into cars. :(

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ah well, the Tuono couldn't be that hard to sell. :)

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost
Sold.

mungtor fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 26, 2014

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Edit: sold

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 8, 2015

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Hmm tempting. Just moved to long beach from alaska and my KLR is getting tired. Would you recommend this bike as an only vehicle for a commuter? How much TLC does it need? I work 70 hours/week and don't have time nor energy for that stuff.

E:(KLR isn't getting tired, I'm just not doing cool enough poo poo for the little guy and I feel like he deserves a better home)

tranten fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 19, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

tranten posted:

E:(KLR isn't getting tired, I'm just not doing cool enough poo poo for the little guy and I feel like he deserves a better home)

Hmmmmm. Details?

I'm P happy with mine, and the wife could use something thats not perpetually on the rack.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

tranten posted:

Hmm tempting. Just moved to long beach from alaska and my KLR is getting tired. Would you recommend this bike as an only vehicle for a commuter? How much TLC does it need? I work 70 hours/week and don't have time nor energy for that stuff.

It needs no TLC, I just had the mechanic tune it up and change the fluids. It's a perfect commuter, I used it as my only vehicle for more than a year. I'm pretty bummed the top case latch broke, but I think these givi cases are pretty universal, so getting a replacement would be easy, and the side cases still work fine.

It's got a great fairing/windshield that will throw the wind and rain around you, but is still compact enough to cut traffic easy. Come check it out this Saturday if you're free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
1978 Puch Maxi
64CC Polini Kit
Other nonsense

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/4780302428.html

Goon Price $550

Its an extreme steal. It needs the carb cleaned. Other than that it runs.

Located in Austin, TX.

Please bring a truck, station wagon, or common sense. Don't try to ride this home 20 miles.

finally loving sold

Minkee fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 11, 2014