Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

scalded schlong posted:

there's a taco bell in the arndale centre in manchester

london is mostly infested with "healthy" mexican joints (c.f. wahaca) but there's a fun greasy one in kingston i went to

can we laugh at how funny it is that they have to spell "oaxaca" phonetically because british people are apparently dumb children.

god bless mexican food and the tiny dirty brown people who make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby the Birdman
Jul 14, 2005

Every real nigga fuck they main girl in the ass.

Fetus Tree posted:

i've never met a mexican i didn't get along with

until they find out my family is from argentina :argh:

I recently moved to the US (legally), and thank God i look white, so sometimes i tell people that I'm from Argentina or Spain lol, you know, to avoid all the negative stereotypes of being from Mexico. I don't fake the goofy accent though, Americans can't really tell the difference

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Baby the Birdman posted:

I recently moved to the US (legally), and thank God i look white, so sometimes i tell people that I'm from Argentina or Spain lol, you know, to avoid all the negative stereotypes of being from Mexico. I don't fake the goofy accent though, Americans can't really tell the difference

yep, being pale definitely helped my family here a lot, though my grandparents had accents until they died and my grandmother's english wasnt perfect.

doesnt help that they moved to boston and welp turns out we really are racist as gently caress

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
remember when tina's burritos got pulled off the shelf, because of a mad cow scare, also those were great when they were like 25 cents each.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Fetus Tree posted:

whats the %DV of sodium if you eat it all

Could be worse, looks like they expect you to eat the whole box at once.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Spider Helidon posted:

Goons are constantly arguing about what is 'real' mexican food. I live in Australia so I'm pretty sure nothing I've had is even vaguely authentic, so goons, please settle for me what is real mexican and post recipes and I will try to make something.

It's salt. Just loads of salt.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Ramsus posted:

if you can taste salt you aint american.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Captain Beans posted:

Thats actually not as bad as I thought it would be, I was thinking it'd be two servings of like 60% or some poo poo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

scalded schlong posted:

london is mostly infested with "healthy" mexican joints (c.f. wahaca) but there's a fun greasy one in kingston i went to

logical phalluses posted:

can we laugh at how funny it is that they have to spell "oaxaca" phonetically because british people are apparently dumb children.

gently caress i just noticed this lmao

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Now that it's getting colder, guisado de res sounds really good. I haven't had it in a long time, either.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Ramsus posted:

Salt,lard and you don't have to wash your hands. And if the place is infested with flies much better! :D

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Fetus Tree posted:

its funny bc a lot of people here think most mexicans are parasites

kinda rude tho

p sure you mean doobie

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Captain Beans posted:

That's actually pretty cool, like they know their target market is just going to eat the whole box.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

660 calories for a meal is perfectly fine

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Desperado Bones posted:

Salt,lard and you don't have to wash your hands. And if the place is infested with flies much better! :D

gently caress youre making me hungry

gonna get some tex mex for lunch today i think

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
my family's 'go to' meal from the old country is milanesa with home cut/home made fries and a tomato/onion vinaigrette salad

is this also in mexico

E: for us its always beef, usually cheap cuts that we tenderize the gently caress out of with hammers. we dont gently caress with chicken milanesa in my family.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oberleutnant posted:

Sure I could make it myself, but yu can't get mexican food in the uk in the same way that you can get indian and chinese food - there's an indian takeaway joint less than 3 minutes from my front door, and another 20+ within delivery distance. There's not a single mexican food chain in the UK that I know of, and I've never seen an independent mexican food place. I'd guess London has a couple, but never seen one.
Rumours and fables speak of a Taco-Bell on a Air Force base that's leased to the USAF but i think it's wishful thinking.

i asked my buddy and there is, in fact, a taco bell on Mildenhall RAF. Good luck!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

i asked my buddy and there is, in fact, a taco bell on Mildenhall RAF. Good luck!

americans couldn't resist exporting a rear end destroying wonder overseas

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
you can also get mexican food if you have any loving clue how to cook anything at all

but alas

UK

hahah

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

Fetus Tree posted:

my family's 'go to' meal from the old country is milanesa with home cut/home made fries and a tomato/onion vinaigrette salad

Milanesa is a thing in authentic mexican cuisine. As are fried potatoes, fresh vegetables, and even vinagrette and other emulsified sauces considering the amount of French influence in the country's history.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Fetus Tree posted:

is this also in mexico

E: for us its always beef, usually cheap cuts that we tenderize the gently caress out of with hammers. we dont gently caress with chicken milanesa in my family.

YES.

My family always begs me to make milanesas because supposedly I can cook a very good ones.
Also it can be fries or mashed potatoes. With a lettuce salad.

By the way, torta de milanesa. Best poo poo ever.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
tortas are so wonderful.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I remember when they opened a Taco Bell here in Monterrey, it went bankrupt even when we are used to lovely food.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

tortas are so wonderful.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it's cool bein somewhere where you can choose between del taco, higher quality chain mexican food, or hole in the wall legit poo poo.

miguels jr inland empire whatup

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spider Helidon posted:

Goons are constantly arguing about what is 'real' mexican food. I live in Australia so I'm pretty sure nothing I've had is even vaguely authentic, so goons, please settle for me what is real mexican and post recipes and I will try to make something.

The Rick Bayless "Authentic Mexican" is a good start good recipes. It's hardly proofread at all but makes great food.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

660 calories for a meal is perfectly fine

yeah i expected a pound of frozen enchiladas and rice to be more than that

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just ate 3 rolled tacos with guac and cheese. They were crispy but not hard. Guac was pretty fresh, cheese was orange and good i guess but I drowned that poo poo in hot sauce so who cares really.

:yum:

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
mexican food is the best

and by mexican i mean actual mexican, tex mex, and even taco bell but all in different ways

gently caress cali style mex though what the gently caress.

new mexico mexican is ok, not the biggest fan of hatch chiles but w/e its still good

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i ate a 4 lbs carne asada burrito today.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

metasynthetic posted:

gently caress cali style mex though what the gently caress.

you typed this after talking about tex-mex and taco bell

lmao

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Chinatown posted:

you typed this after talking about tex-mex and taco bell

lmao

first off, gently caress you,

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

metasynthetic posted:

secondly eat my rear end (it tastes better than cali mex which is like mexican food with all the unhealthiness aka taste taken out)

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

metasynthetic posted:

Serious question. Have you ever eaten at an awesome Mexican place in Southern California? 'cause it's god drat amazing.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
our local joint is mos def leaning more towards the tex-mex side of things so it's not really authentic but it is staffed by legit mexicans (got a bunch of employees departed a few years back lmfao) so the food is at least really tasty. Awesome beef flautas though, goddamn.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
This thread made me really hungry.

Also if you want Mexican Food in Cali go to San Diego. Ask around for the best places. Your mind will be blown.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Tsinava posted:

This thread made me really hungry.

Also if you want Mexican Food in Cali go to San Diego. Ask around for the best places. Your mind will be blown.

i got a good place near me that mostly serves tex mex but they will make you real mexican food if you ask.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I just make it at home so it's not 1/4 salt with grisly beef.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

TOILETLORD posted:

i got a good place near me that mostly serves tex mex but they will make you real mexican food if you ask.

Yeah, I find most good places have somewhat of a hidden menu if you don't ask for anything ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
If you can't find good Mexican food in Cali I dunno what you're doing. No place does fish tacos like San Diego.

• Locked thread