Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cool white out on the way to New jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Says the one who's obviously not driving. :argh:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Snacksmaniac posted:

Don't worry bro, it's not sticking.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

Says the one who's obviously not driving. :argh:

I couldn't see so I had to stop. Gonna miss cheap sealed now.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

C-Euro posted:

Because I stole your original list, then saw your updated anti-Delver version :v: It's fun, so thanks for posting it in the first place.

I might try to work Dismember into the SB, the deck can outmuscle a lot of stuff but the aforementioned Bu Aggro guy runs Phyrexian Obliterator which scares the poo poo out of me. Plus both of those Tron players ran Platinum Angel and while I have Oxidize for those, I'd like more answers so they don't have time to drop something like Karn or Emrakul that will really take over.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, I've gotten way more mileage out of it than I thought I would.

Tron is always a rough matchup for me at least, especially RG Tron since they're maindecking Pyroclasm for all the Delver that's running around. You could reasonably drop the Collar and third Skylasher for Dismember for the Oblterator matchup, although you could mull hard for a Rancor and Bow of Nylea since deathtouch and trample is pretty spicy. I'm starting to question the usefulness of Skylasher honestly, it dies to bolt and path all the time and it sucks wasting a vines to save a mostly defensive guy. I've got an Arashi, the Sky Asunder I've been meaning to try out that I might put in one of the Skylasher's place.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

jassi007 posted:

Ok so last SCG open 4th place delver has 2 volcanics. What are the cons of doing the mana like this?

2 island
2 mountain
2 red fetch (bloodstained mire)
4 misty rainforest
4 scalding tarn
2 volcanic island

I mean it'd save me $400-500 up front on getting into legacy, which I'm all about.

You are going the sad if they wasteland your two duals, which I totally would. You can run it that way but best bet would be investing in the volts sooner or later. But Tc has to be banned pretty soon it's getting out of hand.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Errant Gin Monks posted:

You are going the sad if they wasteland your two duals, which I totally would. You can run it that way but best bet would be investing in the volts sooner or later. But Tc has to be banned pretty soon it's getting out of hand.

Understood. I mean if You had the choice of build legacy delver within 2 months, or build it by next summer-ish, the difference being buying 2 volcanics and 4 fow, or waiting to get all 4 volcanics, it seems that its playable to a reasonable percentage with 2. I understand that it is better with 4, but the extra $400ish will be a down the road project.

So if they do ban cruise in legacy (I'm convinced a modern ban is coming but not necessarily legacy) is the deck going to get as bad as it will in modern? Modern UR delver was firmly tier 2 before Khans. I think honestly in legacy it may still be reasonable because it will still be fast. Swiftspear is being overlooked as to how much it adds to the deck imo, everyone is cruise this and that. No doubt cruise is super powerful, but UR Delver has also gained a lot of power from swiftspear.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

And we are out of deck registration sheets.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Parking spots are most likely filling up a

jassi007 posted:

Understood. I mean if You had the choice of build legacy delver within 2 months, or build it by next summer-ish, the difference being buying 2 volcanics and 4 fow, or waiting to get all 4 volcanics, it seems that its playable to a reasonable percentage with 2. I understand that it is better with 4, but the extra $400ish will be a down the road project.

So if they do ban cruise in legacy (I'm convinced a modern ban is coming but not necessarily legacy) is the deck going to get as bad as it will in modern? Modern UR delver was firmly tier 2 before Khans. I think honestly in legacy it may still be reasonable because it will still be fast. Swiftspear is being overlooked as to how much it adds to the deck imo, everyone is cruise this and that. No doubt cruise is super powerful, but UR Delver has also gained a lot of power from swiftspear.

You're fine just playing 2 volcs. In fact it even let's you play price of progress more easily. Also, UR delver was still a fine deck before treasure cruise. It just wasn't nearly as powerful.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Where's that jersey Facebook group?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

Where's that jersey Facebook group?

It's called Jersey Goons.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

jassi007 posted:

Assuming that Dig Through Time also gets the axe, I don't see any reason why RUG Delver with Wasteland and Stifle won't go back to being the deck du jour.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
What would Legacy look like if they just banned Delver along with Cruise? Just out of nowhere.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

bhsman posted:

What would Legacy look like if they just banned Delver along with Cruise? Just out of nowhere.

Burn supremacy.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

bhsman posted:

It would look amazing. But they should ban stoneforge as well just for fun.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

bhsman posted:

A Brainstorming TNN shitshow.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Just ban commons in Modern/Legacy. BAM. Make it anti-Pauper.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

jassi007 posted:

Cruise is what in my opinion made delver worth playing in modern, I liked it in legacy beforehand. It will be fine.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I went 5-2 and still dropped cause it was 9pm and i was tired and cranky and hungry and it was taking forever in between rounds....

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

I went 5-2 and still dropped cause it was 9pm and i was tired and cranky and hungry and it was taking forever in between rounds....

Sounds like a GP to me.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Has anyone seen this deck before? WUBRG Aggro just seems so silly, and it isn't even playing tribal flames.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Sampatrick posted:

Has anyone seen this deck before? WUBRG Aggro just seems so silly, and it isn't even playing tribal flames.

I have no idea how that won anything.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
5 color decks are sweet because you get all the best sideboard cards

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Caverns is startlingly good in that deck. 27 of those creatures are humans, yeesh.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
I love any deck with 4x Ancient Ziggurat in it. Shine the gently caress on, you crazy diamond. :allears:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Frank Lepore is running the deck in 4 rounds of videos on magic.tcgplayer.com today, if you want to see it in action.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Don't suppise anyome has seen a copy of Andrew Cuneo's UW control decklist? Any legacy deck with fact or fiction has my interest.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Boco_T posted:

Frank Lepore is running the deck in 4 rounds of videos on magic.tcgplayer.com today, if you want to see it in action.

That deck is precious and priceless. I do think siding in a couple pieces of noncreature disruption would be sweet tech, especially if the deck becomes known so that people figure out what it is and side out anything that doesn't interact with creatures. Boom! You bring in a couple of Mana Leak/Spell Pierce or what have you.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

That deck is precious and priceless. I do think siding in a couple pieces of noncreature disruption would be sweet tech, especially if the deck becomes known so that people figure out what it is and side out anything that doesn't interact with creatures. Boom! You bring in a couple of Mana Leak/Spell Pierce or what have you.

That mana base is really terrible and awkward for non-creature spells. Why play Mana Leak over Glen Elendra Archmage?

It's essentially a Zoo deck that can't even play Lightning Bolt... you just want to kill them all fast-like with creature damage. You're better off being proactive with your disruption by bringing in the Sin Collectors, or playing Tidehollow Sculler. There is no reason to protect your dudes with blue permission, just learn how to not overextend. Don't get all cutesy with the sideboard, just pack some utility.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Engineered plague would wreck that thing.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Engineered plague would wreck that thing.

That's not fair, most Modern decks would get wrecked by Legacy decks!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

AnacondaHL posted:

That's not fair, most Modern decks would get wrecked by Legacy decks!

Oh yeah it's modern. I forget that since I don't play that format. SORRY GUYS!

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Who's sideboarding engineered plague in legacy and for what? It's actually good in a lot of matchups now that I think about it and stops TNN

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Who's sideboarding engineered plague in legacy and for what? It's actually good in a lot of matchups now that I think about it and stops TNN

Jund sideboards it. It crushes merfolk, elves and goblins, wrecks D&T, and kills TNN.

It's semi effective against stuff like delver and stoneblade.

We had a little tournament today with 10 people. I decided to play RUG Delver instead of Jund. Lost to lands, dredge and smallpox. But I beat Enchantress and Goblins.

I prefer Jund any day of the week.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 19, 2014

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Depends on the mood I'm in when I'm going to play legacy. I've been using Deed in its spot, but I should probably make room for both. It's insanely good against UR Delver if you drop it on turn 2 and name humans. It's also fine later in the game if you name elemental. It's good but not as good as a lot of people seem to think it is against elves, especially if they have a Reclamation Sage. For Jund, it's good enough for Fish because you can Punish their Lords into oblivion and it keeps garbage like True-Name down. I don't think BUG wants it because they don't have nearly as much removal, so a single lord makes the card basically worthless. Even naming Zombie against Dredge can be pretty good. Plus like you said, it's just always good against True-Name. You can bring it in any time you see one.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Do you bring it in for belcher/storm as an option against warrens?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Do you bring it in for belcher/storm as an option against warrens?

Might as well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So why are people using Rabblemaster instead of Bloodbraid Elf in Jund builds? I don't get it...

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mcmagic posted:

So why are people using Rabblemaster instead of Bloodbraid Elf in Jund builds? I don't get it...

It's a lot better against Pyro, I imagine? I honestly don't know; I'd maybe drop a Lili and my 3rd Elf and use the Goblin with the Elf as a Cascade target, but definitely not instead of it. The only other thing I can think of is it lowers your curve enough that maybe you can go to 22 lands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

suicidesteve posted:

It's a lot better against Pyro, I imagine? I honestly don't know; I'd maybe drop a Lili and my 3rd Elf and use the Goblin with the Elf as a Cascade target, but definitely not instead of it. The only other thing I can think of is it lowers your curve enough that maybe you can go to 22 lands?

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/29759_.html

I't's not better against pyro since the tokens you make can't block and most times the rabblemaster is just gonna die....

• Locked thread