Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if Team Cena wins they should have won the ability to be GMs for a week because I want to see Erick Rowan: guest GM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

This is giving me a hazy flashback... didn't they try turning Linda heel once before?
She ran for the GOP, so....

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

She ran for the GOP, so....

lindy was indy, wasn't she?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Alouicious posted:

lindy was indy, wasn't she?

Nope, Republican ticket both times.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

She was Republican, but she tried to hide it

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

fart blood posted:

Not sure where to put this so I figure it'll go here:

I can't even.

This is one of the strangest things I've ever read. When he says "hugging with my fists", is he trying to say he was doing something other than hitting women, or is he trying to make it sound like a joke? I need to see these videos and tweets in question, because it's strange for this guy's argument to be "It's not as easy to hit women as CM Punk thinks".

edit: Another article I found said that Punk's comments where from, like, three years ago. And it's unknown if this guy is just now deciding to get pissed, or if Punk made another comment three years later.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 21, 2014

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
wait, what is the stipulation for the Authority/Cena match, is it that if Cena wins, there's no more Authority, but if Authority wins, then Cena & pals get fired.

or, is it that whoever loses gets fired?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Please rescue the goat john cena

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fart blood posted:

Not sure where to put this so I figure it'll go here:

I can't even.

A rare sample of "Actually I'm more feminist than you because I punch women in the face. Now if you want a fight then come and get me through this wall of fans, or are you a coward?"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexters Secret posted:

Why that's clearly Daniel Bryan up there so we need ~brrRRRiiiIiIEEEEeee moooOOOOOddddDDDeeEEE~

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Gonzo McFee posted:

A rare sample of "Actually I'm more feminist than you because I punch women in the face. Now if you want a fight then come and get me through this wall of fans, or are you a coward?"

I hope that when this Chicago show has come and gone, and Punk didn't show up, this Screeching Weasel guy goes all "Ohhh, look who isn't enough of a man to beat up a dozen women."

Also, holy poo poo, I haven't thought about, or listened to, Screeching Weasel since high school.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Cena probably hates wrestling fans more than Vince and Dunn combined.

Yeah lol he's just trolling all those make a wish kids bro you got it all figured out!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chewy Bitems posted:

wait, what is the stipulation for the Authority/Cena match, is it that if Cena wins, there's no more Authority, but if Authority wins, then Cena & pals get fired.

or, is it that whoever loses gets fired?

Cena specifically is excluded from the firing I think. So if team Cena loses, Cena is fine but the rest get fired.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

IcePhoenix posted:

Cena specifically is excluded from the firing I think. So if team Cena loses, Cena is fine but the rest get fired.

Lol

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

Thanks, also, that's very weird. I guess it could turn Cena's team against him, but then if they do that they'll lose the match and get fired...

this match is bizarrely complicated for something with a guaranteed pointless gently caress finish that means nothing.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Haha that's so loving stupid.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ben Weasel is notoriously a piece of poo poo and will continue to be a major piece of poo poo until he finally croaks.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey guys maybe because so many more people are watching it because of the free network thing they'll be on the ball and have some great in ring work and maybe some cool new storylines start and maybe the main event is cool!

Guys?

...guys?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Rand McNally posted:

Better than saying Cena would be fired, since everybody knows that wouldnt happen.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They're just setting achievable goals. If you're the Authority, you probably have the clout to fire Erick Rowan, maybe even Ziggler! But Cena, no way. You don't want to even appear to threaten him.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

The best possible outcome of this is Cena turning heel and announcing that he was the head of the authority all along, but that's also the least possible outcome.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

The WWE is applying the internet standard of writing for a 7th grade reading level to the literal level of their in-ring programming.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rand McNally posted:

I think the reasoning is that Cena makes them too much money.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

IcePhoenix posted:

I think the reasoning is that Cena makes them too much money.
...hasn't gotten them Network subs, that's for sure...

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm more excited for the NXT event in 3 weeks than the PPV this Sunday. Why do I even watch this poo poo anymore?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

projecthalaxy posted:

Cena probably hates wrestling fans more than Vince and Dunn combined.

Cena doesn't hate wrestling fans. This is what John Cena cares about.

The problem is, that might be EVERYTHING he cares about. As people who have watched Total Divas can attest, Cena can come off like he's suffering from severe depression when he's not on stage being John Cena The Wrestler. The issue is, and always has been, Vince. Remember when everyone was furious over Cena trashing the Wyatts after Summerslam? That was on Vince's order: he felt that Cena needed to 'look strong' again after how badly Lesnar beat him. He didn't, but Vince though he did, and that's all that mattered. And Cena went out and did it because that's what he was told to do.

Honestly, I think Cena's decade long reign isn't because of his drawing talent (whatever it may be), or his merch sales, or his ability to handle a polarized crowd. I think it's because he has legit if subtle mental issues and hence is very manipulable, and to Vince, that is the ultimate wrestler. No standing up for yourself, or playing political games back, or being a drugged out poo poo disturber, or leaving to do movies: Cena is a lifer who will do whatever Vince tells him and that's all Vince needs.

I sometimes wonder if Cena would still have been pushed as hard had he not had his positive traits like his Make A Wish devotion or his merch sales, solely because Vince would love how easily he could make Cena do what he wants. Or if Cena hadn't backed into his rapper gimmick wholly by accident and ended up another drifter who was released in a year or two, what would have happened to him.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
That makes me picture Vince as Emperor Palpatine and it's pretty wonderful.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I have been going through and watching various Survivor Series matches this past week and was curious as to what everyone's favorite Survivor Series match is?

I would have to go with Team Austin vs Team Bischoff in 2003. I hadn't seen the match since I saw it live (which being there live certainly factors in), but I remember just being disappointed with another Evolution gently caress finish. Watching it back on the network, I got to really appreciate how hot the crowd was for Austin's team and HBK. They do a great job of building to an HBK vs Christian, Jericho & Orton finale. This is highlighted by a deep blade job that HBK does, leaving a bloody mess everywhere. While I am glad that blade jobs have been phased, this was one of those matches were HBK as a bloody wreck really sold his desperation. HBK slowly getting his rear end kicked and eliminating everyone down to Orton gets the crowd so invested in the match. The whole match is just a really well put together affair.

Jim Ross adds a ton to the match in his commentary, with even Lawler contributing a bit after Keibler leaves with an eliminated Scott Steiner. The great JR commentary was really highlighted when I watched the Team Smackdown vs Team Raw 2005 survivor series match. The commentary in that match is horrid as the commentators try to keep the rivalry in their work. The worst offender is Tazz who keeps on yelling for Coach to shut up (and pretty much anyone else that talks). The commentary in that match makes it drat near unwatchable, which is a strong contrast to JR's work in the above.

Anyway, just wanted to hear if anyone else had a particular Survivor Series match that stood out as their favorite.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So what you're saying is John Cena is Abyss except successful and with a boss that doesn't want to kill his loyal toy.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Dexters Secret posted:

If Daniel Bryan wants to hang out on a roof you drat well let him hang out on a roof.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Hey guys maybe because so many more people are watching it because of the free network thing they'll be on the ball and have some great in ring work and maybe some cool new storylines start and maybe the main event is cool!

Guys?

...guys?

Wait and s--oh hell, it's not even worth it anymore. :dawkins101:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Cornwind Evil posted:

As people who have watched Total Divas can attest

Please stop using Total Divas as proof of anything other than a reality show that's even more of a work than most reality shows.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh, the Ring Work in the WWE is pretty much at an all time high.

Like there are very few on the roster who can't go and put out a least somewhat entertaining match.

Most of the actual wrestling I have mostly enjoyed but like most years, since Wrestlemania the creative and stories have been trash. Actually that's not fair, a number of the stories have been solid ideas, they just ruin it by loving up and overbooking the ending, before going right back to lol Cena. Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins cell match should not have have interference from Bray Wyatt. Cena should not have become #1 contender for losing a match against Dean.

Cesaro got screwed though, and Wyatt/Jericho was just a waste.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Dexo posted:

Eh, the Ring Work in the WWE is pretty much at an all time high.

Like there are very few on the roster who can't go and put out a least somewhat entertaining match.

It's funny, I never really thought about it before Meltzer talked about it: after having that great triple threat match, WWE jobs out Ziggler and makes Cesaro out to be a punchline in the main event segment on Raw. Kidd is safe (so far).

I mean obviously things could be worse for Cesaro but it's funny that they tear the house down and they don't even acknowledge the match on Raw or tell people to check it out.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Ryback vs Cesaro was good. They have great chemistry.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

So it turns out we have nothing to worry about with "lol Cena wins." One of my students promised me that Team Authority would win because "everyone is tired of Cena." She accurately predicted that Rollins would beat Ambrose at HiaC, so she's got a good track record so far.

I teach first grade by the way.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

A Real Horse posted:

So it turns out we have nothing to worry about with "lol Cena wins." One of my students promised me that Team Authority would win because "everyone is tired of Cena." She accurately predicted that Rollins would beat Ambrose at HiaC, so she's got a good track record so far.

I teach first grade by the way.

She's smart, but she lacks the saavy veteran knowledge of just how much the WWE goes back to lol Cena Wins, in it's darkest times.

She will learn it with experience, then she will finally be complete.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Good news everybody!

http://m.christianpost.com/news/cm-punk-wwe-return-news-marvel-comics-writers-comeback-looks-promising--130021/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here is my psychological analysis of John Cena, based off an episode of Total Divas

quote:

YouTube user DrPowerBomb also contributed to the talks claiming that CM Punk may be set up for a feud with "young lion" Dean Ambrose.

if we can't trust youtube user drpowerbomb, who can we trust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad that CM Punk will return at Survivor Series 2014.

• Locked thread