Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
android suits my needs. im sure iOS would also suit my needs. peace in yospos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007
yeah a iphone is prob better, but my knees are being suited p hared by this NEXXXUS 5, so I'm not gonna junk it just because.

sucks there's no such thing as a needs suited android tablet. try again SUNDAR

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

some people can settle for cheaper knockoff phones, it's true.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Thanks Ants posted:

google services work fine on ios hth

i was under the impression that for the most part they actually work better on ios than on android.

3peat
May 6, 2010

bobbilljim posted:

postigj grom my original moto x suiys my need but where the gently caress is my android update?????

ive had lolipop for 4 days now on my n5, and I can confirm its cool and good, ciao

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

3peat posted:

ive had lolipop for 4 days now on my n5, and I can confirm its cool and good, ciao
loli avatar, loli os

checks out

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shifty Pony posted:

i was under the impression that for the most part they actually work better on ios than on android.

thats because its not running on a trash os on a device designed by bean counters

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Low-Pass Filter posted:

yeah a iphone is prob better, but my knees are being suited p hared by this NEXXXUS 5, so I'm not gonna junk it just because.

sucks there's no such thing as a needs suited android tablet. try again SUNDAR

buy the ipad, see how better your life would be and buy an iphone.
maybe send your nexas cinco to smythe

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
I have an ipad3,4 and nexus 10, and the ipad is the most needs suiting. (my needs consist of reading the forums while taking a dump) sometimes I open a spreadsheet or a doc for work and it's okay I guess??

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

I've had encraption on my nexus 4 for a while and didn't notice a performance hit at all tbh

those numbers would indicate a definite performance decrease but idunno if disk read/write is a actually a bottleneck

i was app testing at work and frame rate and refresh rate are both increased from 4.4 to 5, even with encryption.

the performance increase is from the app compiling, if you turn off encryption the performance boost would probably be even bigger

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Low-Pass Filter posted:

does ne1 have an android phone and also an ipad? I want a tablet, but there r no good android tablets. Problem is I've fully swallowed googles cock on services, and I'm worried that apl will make it hard for me to use all the stuff I"m used too. Can anyone c/d that I'm just being an idiot bitch and I should buy the only good tablet out there?

i bought an iPad air i do not regret my purchase and it is maybe even easier to use than my android poo poo

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I'm thinking of getting an LG G3 can someone tell me why I,d be an idiot for doing so

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MononcQc posted:

I'm thinking of getting an LG G3 can someone tell me why I,d be an idiot for doing so

it's an LG, and it runs android.

there, two reasons.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
my wife and i traded my nexus 7 and her ipad mini for a week and i was able to access everything i needed from google so take that for what it's worth

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
android on Nexus Devices fckin PWNS and if you disagree you're wrong as hell, p[robably stupid, and likely have bad taste. suck it d0wn

pram
Jun 10, 2001
same but ios on apple brand iphone

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Wells posted:

I have an ipad3,4 and nexus 10, and the ipad is the most needs suiting. (my needs consist of reading the forums while taking a dump) sometimes I open a spreadsheet or a doc for work and it's okay I guess??

wtf how long do you spend in the toilet

eat more fruit and let the poop flow

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Heresiarch posted:

my wife and i traded my nexus 7 and her ipad mini for a week and i was able to access everything i needed from google so take that for what it's worth
heresiarch's hot tips for married couples: how to avoid falling into a rut in the bedroom

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

heresiarch's hot tips for married couples: how to avoid falling into a rut in the bedroom

suspension bondage?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Metrication posted:

ftw

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

suspension bondage?
experimenting with swapping...consumer electronic ecosystems

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MononcQc posted:

http://youtu.be/XewXEA8aWr8

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

experimenting with swapping...consumer electronic ecosystems

Hmm sounds about as sexy as the OPs Mother (Which is to say... NOT VERY SEXY Hahahahaha)

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

wow yes why eat some tasty fruits when you can have a laxative tablet instead

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

i bought an iPad air i do not regret my purchase and it is maybe even easier to use than my android poo poo

good sponge

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Metrication posted:

wow yes why eat some tasty fruits when you can have a laxative tablet instead

but it has assorted fruit??????

pram
Jun 10, 2001
mmm, assorted -homre simpson

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
pineapple makes your cum taste better

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
OP if you're having trouble making GBS threads I suggest developing Ulcerative Colitis

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

theadder posted:

but it has assorted fruit??????

drat these sweet juicy tablets sure are hitting the spot can't wait for my bowels to erupt later as a result

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Metrication posted:

yeah seriously whenever people are like "oh im on my phone/tablet on the toilet" its loving weird. do they just eat meat shakes

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 22, 2014

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Man I like my iphone 5 it's the best phone

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Farecoal posted:

yeah seriously whenever people are like "oh im on my phone/tablet on the toilet" its loving weird. do they just eat meat shakes

naw my business is done within 20 seconds, the other 14:40 is me time

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

naw my business is done within 20 seconds, the other 14:40 is paid time

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MononcQc posted:

b/c its poo poo even by android standards

if youre buying an android and its not a nexus or a motorola just stop

a nexus 5 is better than a g3 in every way that matters

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

pram posted:

mmm, assorted -homre simpson

Lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

A particularly nasty mobile malware campaign targeting Android users has hit between four million and 4.5 million Americans since January of 2013, according to an estimate by Lookout, a San Francisco mobile security company that has been tracking the malware for about two years.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

theadder posted:

A particularly nasty mobile malware campaign targeting Android users has hit between four million and 4.5 million Americans since January of 2013, according to an estimate by Lookout, a San Francisco mobile security company that has been tracking the malware for about two years.

i was about to be like "they were tracking it for two years and didnt say anything?" but who am i kidding they could have been calling google every hour on the hour for that entire time and gently caress all would have gotten done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
Posting from my new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact smallphone. Very needs suiting.

• Locked thread