Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

It's cool that they're finally putting a bank/tp in, but the fact that you have to be in the mists to queue now is kind of a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Dreggon posted:

Engineers are harder to play than actually getting an engineering degree and becoming an engineer

I can attest to this.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Some great fights right now on Mag BL!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Sprite141 posted:

I can attest to this.

Pfft. I'm taking Statics next semester and I don't think my instructor will pass me if I deal with all my problems by setting them on fire and then blowing them up.

e: "God, turret students are the worst."

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

You've inspired me to regularly watch/follow map chat again. What have you done.

You're welcome.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

mapchat is a magical place

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This is art.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I miss spooky scary skeletons holiday already.

Merrill
Dec 30, 2008

Challenged by gravity
Fun Shoe
I want the Halloween Lion's Arch music back.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://soundcloud.com/arenanet

I think it's "The Lunatic Court"?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Oh poo poo, they posted all the new music for EP 5, too.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Merrill posted:

I want the Halloween Lion's Arch music back.

The game supports a custom soundtrack. You can probably put the Halloween music back.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

it's like, how could i see this and not post it here ya know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7NckBY_Ysg

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I can't stop thinking about how much I'll probably hate myself during wintersday when they inevitably add gemstore things I want.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

When I last left I was unable to smash thing with hammer because Guardian was poo poo.

Am I able to smash thing with hammer now?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

rap music posted:

it's like, how could i see this and not post it here ya know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7NckBY_Ysg

This fits the thread perfectly.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Nitrousoxide posted:

When I last left I was unable to smash thing with hammer because Guardian was poo poo.

Guardian is excellent, guardian hammer is good, its a little janky compared to greatsword but by the numbers its I think better or one of the best guardian dps weapons plus with the right traits/gear its like perma protection.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Nitrousoxide posted:

Guardian was poo poo? When did you leave?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Alpha.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Guardian was poo poo? When did you leave?

Hey I havent played in thirty minutes, are warriors still under powered and is there any goon activity or is the game dead?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Hi posted:

Hey I havent played in thirty minutes, are warriors still under powered and is there any goon activity or is the game dead?

Yes to everything also cantha is now in.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hi posted:

They added a 1st person mode too

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"

or does the roleplay do us?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Visidan posted:

Yes to everything also cantha is now in.

That's not funny.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

They added a 1st person mode too

That's badass

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

spvp turret engi problem? more like spvp turret engi solution

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Humans are the new Asura

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
How many worlds of warcraft did you rob for those shoulders ??

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Bored and reading wiki fiction, this hurts.

Fendahleen
May 21, 2003

WE KNOW THAT YOU CAN HEAR US, EARTH MEN

Jackard posted:

How many worlds of warcraft did you rob for those shoulders ??

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Dry Top mapchat can be pretty doom and gloom this time of day, now that all the attention is on Silverwastes.

Lots of whining about no one doing events when really there's plenty of people but everyone is too reluctant to even bother chatting on map chat and coordinate.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I miss LS1.

It was fun and gave me an incentive to log in, you did all these events, lots of players around doing them, probably cause of the urgency of it being temporary, just so much fun.

LS2 is just pure garbage, bite sized instances with sub fan fiction tier writing that you can't even skip for bad rewards.

And I hate the new zones, I shouldn't have to log in and play pattycake to find a good dry top or whatever, know what would be cool? If every like 4 or 8 hours the zone went to level 6 right away, that way you can maybe plan around logging at that time and getting poo poo done, instead of depending on the mouth breathers in the instance who usually don't do anything beyond scaling poo poo up to impossible levels, and the silverwastes is just a horrid zone, karka 2.0 mobs combined with repetitive events and bag farming and more bag farming, I guess if you like that poo poo you're in heaven, but holy poo poo is it boring, topped off with a 5 minute event that fails 90% of the time because GW2 don't do raids but they have no problem with events that require mass coordination in an instance where a 150 people can fit.

And I am super sick of all the anti-ranger mechanics in these places, I'd like to play my favorite class as intended, not with my pet downed constantly because Anet doesn't test for dick, such a simple fix to, give them AoE resistance or just make them immune to AoE damage and boom, you fixed like 90% of pet issues.

I really hope an expansion comes out soon, something big, lots of new zones, cool poo poo to explore, maybe elsewhere so they can use a tileset that isn't brown cause this crap just ain't doing it for me. I will happily pay for quality zones instead of getting subpar crap for "free".

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I think it's happening again.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Alteisen posted:

I miss LS1.

It was fun and gave me an incentive to log in, you did all these events, lots of players around doing them, probably cause of the urgency of it being temporary, just so much fun.

LS2 is just pure garbage, bite sized instances with sub fan fiction tier writing that you can't even skip for bad rewards.

And I hate the new zones, I shouldn't have to log in and play pattycake to find a good dry top or whatever, know what would be cool? If every like 4 or 8 hours the zone went to level 6 right away, that way you can maybe plan around logging at that time and getting poo poo done, instead of depending on the mouth breathers in the instance who usually don't do anything beyond scaling poo poo up to impossible levels, and the silverwastes is just a horrid zone, karka 2.0 mobs combined with repetitive events and bag farming and more bag farming, I guess if you like that poo poo you're in heaven, but holy poo poo is it boring, topped off with a 5 minute event that fails 90% of the time because GW2 don't do raids but they have no problem with events that require mass coordination in an instance where a 150 people can fit.

And I am super sick of all the anti-ranger mechanics in these places, I'd like to play my favorite class as intended, not with my pet downed constantly because Anet doesn't test for dick, such a simple fix to, give them AoE resistance or just make them immune to AoE damage and boom, you fixed like 90% of pet issues.

I really hope an expansion comes out soon, something big, lots of new zones, cool poo poo to explore, maybe elsewhere so they can use a tileset that isn't brown cause this crap just ain't doing it for me. I will happily pay for quality zones instead of getting subpar crap for "free".

I agree with a bit of this; I'd like the zones more if they re-balanced the mobs a bit. Mordrem are just straight up irritating and not fun to fight at all and while I can appreciate a lot of the things they're trying to go for, I think they are still missing the mark at times. I will say the latest update is pretty drat good imo albeit short. I really enjoyed the fight mechanics for the two big boss fights this time far more than the mechanic for that boss at the end of Glint's Lair.

I'm not very keen on more items as currency that doesn't go into a wallet (for obvious reasons) nor am I a big fan of the lockpick/hidden chest mechanic being refused with slightly more effort involved in the new zone when most of the time you open a chest, you don't really feel rewarded for the effort from my experiences. Maybe that one is just me but I really feel no urge whatsoever to even bother with this RNG chest crap anymore but I am a tad jaded at the RNG in this game anyways. Overall I'd say that season 1 was a better experience despite the groan-inducing Scarlet but I applaud some of the choices made this season in trying to make it feel more epic.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So it looks like now you only get the carapace armor piece on the first character you run through the living story? Leave it to anet to gently caress up something they actually managed to get right once. God knows what horrors would be unleashed upon the game if doing the living story repeatedly let you unlock a skin and get a piece of mediocre armor for free. No, we must grind to protect the sanctity of the game.

Also they've continued their time-honored trend of easy fights with way too much goddamn health.

I'm also annoyed that the dyes on my outfits keep getting reset for no apparent reason.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 23, 2014

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I thought the new LS stuff was a step in the right direction for PvE boss mechanics. I haven't done any grinding in the new area though. :shrug:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I got both glove pieces from playing in the zone not doing the story 3 times, get poo poo on.

New zones owns and is what they promised events in orr would be before the game came out, silverwastes needs a bit more stuff added though.

New dyes suck.

Use a different pet.

Lonk posted:

I agree with a bit of this; I'd like the zones more if they re-balanced the mobs a bit. Mordrem are just straight up irritating and not fun to fight at all and while I can appreciate a lot of the things they're trying to go for, I think they are still missing the mark at times. I will say the latest update is pretty drat good imo albeit short. I really enjoyed the fight mechanics for the two big boss fights this time far more than the mechanic for that boss at the end of Glint's Lair.

I'm not very keen on more items as currency that doesn't go into a wallet (for obvious reasons) nor am I a big fan of the lockpick/hidden chest mechanic being refused with slightly more effort involved in the new zone when most of the time you open a chest, you don't really feel rewarded for the effort from my experiences. Maybe that one is just me but I really feel no urge whatsoever to even bother with this RNG chest crap anymore but I am a tad jaded at the RNG in this game anyways. Overall I'd say that season 1 was a better experience despite the groan-inducing Scarlet but I applaud some of the choices made this season in trying to make it feel more epic.

Season 1 had a few good parts, tower and marionette. Season 1 started and ended with a goddamn clusterfuck that everyone rightly hated and i'm glad they've stopped it and also that they're not throwing stuff away anymore.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The only thing I don't like about the new chests is that I now have just as much dragonite as bloodstone dust.

I forgot to add that I like how events actually give rewards now instead of 3 copper, 5 karma and 400 xp.

Edit: Also yeah, bring on expansion or atleast a new pvp mode already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Man that's a great name

• Locked thread