Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Two Beans posted:

On second watching of the show, I just realized that my winter coat is the exact same one Singer's wearing, except he took the cape off his duster (shoulda kept it on imo). http://www.jaminleather.com/Heavy-Leather-Duster-Trench-Coat-P981.aspx

Uhhh... lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm guessing that finish was in mind all along and they held off on telling them until the last minute in fear of AJ pulling an AJ's Husband.

You mean the bookers always intended to do "18 seconds, redux" and were slow-rolling AJ and Nikki by letting them think they'd have 8 minutes or whatever? That sounds really unlikely, and the beats make no sense otherwise (kiss distraction from double-secret-turned Brie into finisher).

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Spermgod posted:

did anyone mention how awesome Cena was on the apron? i thought he really did a good job getting over the stakes during Ziggler's face in peril section.

Actually I was really impressed with the crowd interaction all night. Two real standouts in the tag match on that front were Miz and Stardust with some great old-school heeling to get heat from the fans.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"You don't want Mizdow! You want *Staaaaaaaaaaaarduuuuuuust!*"

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

bad rear end

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ScottyBomb posted:

Actually I was really impressed with the crowd interaction all night. Two real standouts in the tag match on that front were Miz and Stardust with some great old-school heeling to get heat from the fans.

I thought it was pretty funny when during the match Sandow was getting his chants and he was unsure if he should copy Miz and ignore it, or to encourage them. Finally he just waved his arm up a couple of times and then went back to mimicking.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Everblight posted:

(kiss distraction from double-secret-turned Brie into finisher).

I actually assumed this was Brie helping Nikki get the belt so when she's done her slavery personal assistant job she can go after her sister for the title.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i've been a bit bewildered by the constant 'sandow is done once him and miz break up' given how awesome he was doing the impersonator gimmick that led up to this current run. can't he just go back to doing that?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lmao if you're wearing a leather duster in 2014 and aren't Sting or a cowboy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe he's a vampire, jerkass.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

elf help book posted:

I thought it was pretty funny when during the match Sandow was getting his chants and he was unsure if he should copy Miz and ignore it, or to encourage them. Finally he just waved his arm up a couple of times and then went back to mimicking.

The thing is he was mimicking Miz, just instead of the like secondish delay of him doing something after Miz did, He just did it like 4 seconds after.

So Miz would raise his hands get booed then a couple of beats later Sandow would raise his hands to cheers.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Dexo posted:

The thing is he was mimicking Miz, just instead of the like secondish delay of him doing something after Miz did, He just did it like 4 seconds after.

So Miz would raise his hands get booed then a couple of beats later Sandow would raise his hands to cheers.

I'm talking during the match, not the celebration after.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

elf help book posted:

Also Miz not being sure if he should be furious or thrilled that Sandow tagged himself in and won the match.

Actually Tyson Kidd was also a great douche-heel during the Diva match. Stopping Nattie from glad-handing on the way to the ring, idly taking selfies at ringside and barely watching the match, standing in front of Nattie after they won to hog her glory, and taking all the credit on Twitter afterwards. Just A+ stuff.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

elf help book posted:

Maybe he's a vampire, jerkass.

Even Taker had the sense to up his jacket game this year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sir Jebus posted:

bad rear end
nobody can pull off a leather duster but that isnt even a good leather duster

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

i've been a bit bewildered by the constant 'sandow is done once him and miz break up' given how awesome he was doing the impersonator gimmick that led up to this current run. can't he just go back to doing that?

His impersonations weren't getting him over until he started taking the comedy bumps and pantomiming Miz, which is what people love.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Spermgod posted:

did anyone mention how awesome Cena was on the apron? i thought he really did a good job getting over the stakes during Ziggler's face in peril section.

Cena's always been good in tag matches.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gatts posted:

As long as it isn't boring or predictable.

...Cena will turn on Sting won't he.

I don't know how this is going to end, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say "Ric Flair standing over Sting's corpse alongside Triple H."

He just can't help himself after all these years. As soon as he heard Sting's entrance music, he immediately turned to his left and told a phantom Arn Anderson to go beat the poo poo out of him. It's a Pavlovian response.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Hi I just wanted to say Sting is cool and I'm very happy for Dolph Ziggler but don't have much faith in the WWE to go through with this push in the long-term okay bye.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Endorph posted:

Kurt Russel could

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everblight posted:

You mean the bookers always intended to do "18 seconds, redux" and were slow-rolling AJ and Nikki by letting them think they'd have 8 minutes or whatever? That sounds really unlikely, and the beats make no sense otherwise (kiss distraction from double-secret-turned Brie into finisher).

I find it odd that on an underbooked show with two divas matches, the meaningful one gets the death spot and can't even get a couple extra minutes shaved off an hour long main event.

The whole thing stinks of something a few top people did intentionally in a way to make look as unintentional as possible.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

ScottyBomb posted:

I actually assumed this was Brie helping Nikki get the belt so when she's done her slavery personal assistant job she can go after her sister for the title.

Maybe the personal assistant storyline made Brie realize how much she loved her sister and that she was foolish in her ways for not being by her side.

Edit: also I watched survivor series with my friend who never watches it and he said, "not gonna lie that was pretty fun."

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

I live in DC and its perfect for the winter weather here. Nice old ladies give me compliments all the time about it so nyah.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

ScottyBomb posted:

Brie smirking and seeming content with herself was weird given the build, but it's not like AJ didn't have it coming after attacking her for no reason on Monday. You're right, it could very easily be her setting up Nikki to get the belt off her.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Has Meltzer said anything yet about SS?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Orgophlax posted:

Has Meltzer said anything yet about SS?

Yes.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Endorph posted:

Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia could. He looks like Lorenzo Lamas, and women find it irresistible.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

What did he say?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Q7kid posted:

Brie smirking and seeming content with herself was weird given the build, but it's not like AJ didn't have it coming after attacking her for no reason on Monday. You're right, it could very easily be her setting up Nikki to get the belt off her.
I took Brie smiling as being a sign that they had this planned all along, taking Bella domination over any single glory.

Either that or AJ's a really good kisser.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

KungFu Grip posted:

His impersonations weren't getting him over until he started taking the comedy bumps and pantomiming Miz, which is what people love.

i don't really remember at all how that stuff was getting over honestly. i thought it was funny as hell though it was hit or miss at times.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

pressedbunny posted:

I took Brie smiling as being a sign that they had this planned all along, taking Bella domination over any single glory.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but it just seems strange and nonsensical to go from Brie blood-feuding with and being made a slave to her sister to cheerfully helping her out. I would hope there's more to the story, but eh, Divas division.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Spermgod posted:

i don't really remember at all how that stuff was getting over honestly. i thought it was funny as hell though it was hit or miss at times.

It started with being magneto during jackmans segment right? Because that was amazing

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Spermgod posted:

I think the 1st or 2nd show he started doing it at was here in Knoxville. He came out as Davy Crockett and got a pretty massive chant.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Q7kid posted:

Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but it just seems strange and nonsensical to go from Brie blood-feuding with and being made a slave to her sister to cheerfully helping her out. I would hope there's more to the story, but eh, Divas division.

They haven't played up the "Brie hates being her sister's personal assistant" angle at all, really, I don't think.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

pressedbunny posted:

Im going to go with the latter. They're going to turn on their husbands and tag team. John Cena is then going to tell Nikki to stop being a poopy ho bag and she will turn face.

Brie's new theme? I kissed a girl and liked it by Motorhead. Katy Perry rights are expensive.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

What did he say?

He thought it was a pretty lame show except the main event. Thought they presented Sting very well.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This owns.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

He thought it was a pretty lame show except the main event. Thought they presented Sting very well.

Well, he's not wrong.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

After SS ended, I thought how excited I would be to watch RAW the next day, and it was immediately mitigated by remembering Larry the Cable Guy is hosting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Orgophlax posted:

After SS ended, I thought how excited I would be to watch RAW the next day, and it was immediately mitigated by remembering Larry the Cable Guy is hosting...

Oh GOD drat IT.

• Locked thread