Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also, there is a thread for Akame ga Kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Joshlemagne posted:

So you decided to punish everyone because you were too loving lazy or dumb to make a thread for a show you like and no one else did it for you?
I don't like posting new threads without approval from mods/for the purpose of saying just one thing about the topic. I also found the turn of events in the anime hilarious.

Anyways my bad. Won't happen again.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I don't like posting new threads without approval from mods/for the purpose of saying just one thing about the topic. I also found the turn of events in the anime hilarious.

Anyways my bad. Won't happen again.

I'm pretty sure the new threads policy for ADTRW is "make some more loving threads already, stop discussing everything in the drat season thread."

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I've given Akame ga Kill the three episode test and the fact that I didn't know who the girl in the spoiler was seems like an indication of how much of an impression it's made on me.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nielsm posted:

I'm pretty sure the new threads policy for ADTRW is "make some more loving threads already, stop discussing everything in the drat season thread."

In this spirit of making new threads, I made a new thread.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm mad, mad about contextless spoilers

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

The real punishment would've been watching Akame ga Kill or Tokyo Ghoul since they're both utter trash.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Good luck with the Tokyo Ghoul thread, my Cross Ange thread could not last

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Cake Attack posted:

she is the protagonists girlfriend in the manga, where she is not dead, so i guess things are becoming ~anime original~

you should care as knowledge of all anime should be your goal

Specialization: Anime Trivia (76 - 2002)

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Phobophilia posted:

Again, what is so outrageous about Tokyo Ghoul that a thread about it would be closed? I dropped it because the censoring go to be too much but there was nothing offensive about it.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
its very important that we hate on every anime we don't like.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I've heard legends of an anime club where they watched stuff but banned actually talking about anime in order to avoid arguments. Someone was asked to leave for snickering an an inappropriate moment.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

The gimmick should be that everyone just randomly puts spoiler tags on their posts even if there is nothing to spoil.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Stall_19 posted:

Again, what is so outrageous about Tokyo Ghoul that a thread about it would be closed? I dropped it because the censoring go to be too much but there was nothing offensive about it.

Some goons don't like it therefore it is the fecal matter dropped from the leaky anus of Satan himself.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

It's a completely unremarkable shounen horror series that falls flat shortly after establishing the premise because the writing is Real Bad. If there's no thread for it, I'd assume it's because everyone realized that fact and simple didn't feel a need to waste time viewing or talking about it. Granted I'm not saying peeps shouldn't talk about or make threads for bad show; there's half a subforum full of those. Just be surprised if they actually take off given how little there is to try and talk about with those two in particular.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

One group of goons is really mad that another group of goons likes something that they don't*.

* Doesn't apply to Cross Ange

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Someone posted in this thread a huge event in the second tokyo ghoul manga for completely inexplicable reasons. No one really cared, because that is the default reaction to the franchise. Then Grouchio started whining about how there wasn't a thread for tokyo ghoul due to the (self-imposed) draconean thread posting restrictions. In response to the unreasonably vicious internet people, Grouchio decided to do the cruelest thing he could think of- spoil another unremarkable show no one really cares about. Truly, he is history's greatest monster. :godwin:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

Someone posted in this thread a huge event in the second tokyo ghoul manga for completely inexplicable reasons.

this was also grouchio, lol

he is my friend

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

It's a completely unremarkable shounen horror series that falls flat shortly after establishing the premise because the writing is Real Bad. If there's no thread for it, I'd assume it's because everyone realized that fact and simple didn't feel a need to waste time viewing or talking about it. Granted I'm not saying peeps shouldn't talk about or make threads for bad show; there's half a subforum full of those. Just be surprised if they actually take off given how little there is to try and talk about with those two in particular.

My favorite post was the one where the dude negatively compared it to literal fascist propaganda.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

I've heard legends of an anime club where they watched stuff but banned actually talking about anime in order to avoid arguments. Someone was asked to leave for snickering an an inappropriate moment.

True story, I visited the desk of my campus's anime club at the club fair and it was covered in KyoAni merchandise and bishoujo figurines, so I pretty much went :yikes:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

must have been hard to visit a bastion of good taste

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
KyoAni owns tho.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

Someone posted in this thread a huge event in the second tokyo ghoul manga for completely inexplicable reasons. No one really cared, because that is the default reaction to the franchise. Then Grouchio started whining about how there wasn't a thread for tokyo ghoul due to the (self-imposed) draconean thread posting restrictions. In response to the unreasonably vicious internet people, Grouchio decided to do the cruelest thing he could think of- spoil another unremarkable show no one really cares about. Truly, he is history's greatest monster. :godwin:
Oh shut the gently caress up.

I spoiled two things for non-serious laughs and you compare me to hitler?

Please.

(Cake attack is my buddy too)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait I've been added to your ignore list, or are you telling me to put the godwinner on my ignore list?

For pete's sake I didn't come here just to be persecuted.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 25, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Grouchio is a gift from the gods and he should be cherished. :colbert:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you think there should be a thread on a topic maybe you should make a thread on that topic.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Irony Be My Shield posted:

If you think there should be a thread on a topic maybe you should make a thread on that topic.
Alright I will do that from now on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

True story, I visited the desk of my campus's anime club at the club fair and it was covered in KyoAni merchandise and bishoujo figurines, so I pretty much went :yikes:

Please sign me up for that anime club

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

icantfindaname posted:

KyoAni merchandise

This is a very important question: was it all Haruhi, Nichijo, and Hyouka stuff, or K-on and Key-adaptation bullshit?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

lol you use the ignore function.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Genocyber posted:

lol you use the ignore function.

it's at least a small barrier to not reacting to dumbass posts

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Redcrimson posted:

This is a very important question: was it all Haruhi, Nichijo, and Hyouka stuff, or K-on and Key-adaptation bullshit?

K-on and Key

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

KaneTW posted:

it's at least a small barrier to not reacting to dumbass posts

You will never become an anime master unless you can summon forth the willpower not to.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Srice posted:

You will never become an anime master unless you can summon forth the willpower not to.

why would i want to become an anime master

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's not the most glamorous of positions I'll grant you that but heck, better being labelled that than a user of the ignore feature.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why, if someone used the ignore feature they might miss out on a gun show Shinji avatar. No one should ever miss out on gun show Shinji.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Wait I've been added to your ignore list, or are you telling me to put the godwinner on my ignore list?

For pete's sake I didn't come here just to be persecuted.

Prepare to die.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Akame ga Kill is abit poo poo, hope that wasn't a spoiler, somehow that Seven Deadly Sin series seems to be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Akame ga Kill is abit poo poo, hope that wasn't a spoiler, somehow that Seven Deadly Sin series seems to be worse.

Sorry you have wrong opinions.

• Locked thread