Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hows it like??
its poo poo
its poo poo but its ok
its ok
its loving awesome
you loving commie pig
View Results

• Locked thread
you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Those are the dumb people. It could just say dumb/ignorant, but they went with a political correct naming scheme.

I assumed it meant that you had a bunch of different countries represented in your family. I've got Ukrainian, Finnish, and a smattering of French and Scottish, supposedly. Maybe more? We're bad at genealogy. It's all been pretty watered down at this point, so I'm basically just "sorta-jewy-looking white" with no cultural connection to any of them. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i live in michigan and that green dutch spot is extremely true

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

you were warned posted:

I assumed it meant that you had a bunch of different countries represented in your family. I've got Ukrainian, Finnish...

Nah, almost anyone in America that is 4th gen or more is just as mixed up. Those are the dumb people. :colbert:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Nah, almost anyone in America that is 4th gen or more is just as mixed up. Those are the dumb people. :colbert:

at my grandpas funeral, my great uncle told us he had no family left, because we all looked white instead of italian.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
theres no mention of americas natural resources: titties, beer, meats

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

sexy young infidel posted:

theres no mention of americas natural resources: titties, beer, meats

don't we have like 3/4th of the worlds coal.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

City of Tampa posted:

Alabama and Mississippi might seem pretty bad if you have never been to Missouri or Ohio.

The south definitely has problems, but we are still miles ahead of the rusty, depressed, meth-addled wasteland that is the middle of this country. At least the south has some culture and history. And great food.

as someone who lives on the western united states, I find it amusing that southerners and notherners argue about which one is shittier while we just have a good time with legal weed and big mountains

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

down with slavery posted:

as someone who lives on the western united states, I find it amusing that southerners and notherners argue about which one is shittier while we just have a good time with legal weed and big mountains

i'm in san diego you want "legal" weed all you do is go to the "doctor" pay 20 bucks and they give you the legal right to smoke in like 5 mins. All you have to say is you have back or knee pain. Or just talk to anyone and get it cheap since we are right next to mexico.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

as someone who lives in the north I find it amusing that people in the west don't know that we also have legal weed.

What, your nose is runny? Here's your med card!

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

TOILETLORD posted:

i'm in san diego you want "legal" weed all you do is go to the "doctor" pay 20 bucks and they give you the legal right to smoke in like 5 mins. All you have to say is you have back or knee pain. Or just talk to anyone and get it cheap since we are right next to mexico.

yeah I mean, cali is pretty poo poo for the west coast but it's still miles ahead of anywhere east of the mississippi

An Ounce of Gold posted:

as someone who lives in the north I find it amusing that people in the west don't know that we also have legal weed.

What, your nose is runny? Here's your med card!

oh we know you're trying to catch up, lol if you think a lovely mmj program is the same as legal weed though

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

yeah I mean, cali is pretty poo poo for the west coast but it's still miles ahead of anywhere east of the mississippi

i'm tired of being referred to as west coast i want to be referred to as living in the only good south.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
If you're from Scandinavia and you came to the Upper Midwest, you'd probably find a lot of things familiar. This area was heavily settled by Scandinavians (particularly Norwegians and Swedes) and that really worked itself into the DNA of the culture out here.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Zeroisanumber posted:

If you're from Scandinavia and you came to the Upper Midwest, you'd probably find a lot of things familiar. This area was heavily settled by Scandinavians (particularly Norwegians and Swedes) and that really worked itself into the DNA of the culture out here.

don't anytime some one says midwest and good it's a trap.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
eh, yknow how it is. tottering on the brink of systemic collapse once every alternate month. so same old same old. could be worse.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Colorado doesn't count because it's a tourist state, instead of the abandoned post-industrial hellholes that are the rest of the states not bordering an ocean. Move to any of the states that border Colorado and you are in a place that is worse than Mississippi.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

City of Tampa posted:

Colorado doesn't count because it's a tourist state, instead of the abandoned post-industrial hellholes that are the rest of the states not bordering an ocean. Move to any of the states that border Colorado and you are in a place that is worse than Mississippi.

Really? There are some great national parks even in the poo poo states like Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, etc

yeah you don't want to live there, but it's cool living close by

"west is best" really only applies to cali, oregon, washington and colorado tho

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
to bring this back around to the OP I guess we need to know how many serial murders he plans to commit in order to recommend a state. Also if you're doing a basement dungeon (europeans are WILD for this) some states have limestone and no basement availability

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

rear end cobra posted:

but they do a lot of dumb things like when you go to a movie theater they dont assign seats to your ticket so you have to play musical chairs if its a full house with people sitting in the aisles

i remember reading about this in a bill bryson book and thinking it was some kind of uniquely british perversion

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
if you can't show up to your movie 40 mins early to get a giant tub of popcorn, and then get a good seat that's your problem.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

paranoid randroid posted:

i remember reading about this in a bill bryson book and thinking it was some kind of uniquely british perversion

We prefer to let the strong and swift determine who gets the best seat at Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

the funniest part is that all europeans are convinced that america is way more racist, but all americans are also convinced that europe is way more racist

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
rather, i thought it was just the brits who assign people seats in the movie theater. im sorry, my american made brain needs a little run up to get going sometimes.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i went a movie theater in kentucky and they had some woman come out before the movie came on and said they would kick you out for using your phone during the movie

die hard 4 is some serious poo poo in kentucky

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Ekster posted:

the funniest part is that all europeans are convinced that america is way more racist, but all americans are also convinced that europe is way more racist

turns out everybodys the most racist

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
well most people hear europe they just think the UK and france, we mostly ignore germany because our news media ignores germany, they never talk about anyone else generally.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
i think the average american would have trouble naming more than five countries in europe

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Those are the dumb people. It could just say dumb/ignorant, but they went with a political correct naming scheme.

Imagine polling that person:

A: Hi what original country did your family come from?

B: AMERICA!

A: No, I meant before your family came here.

B: AMERICA!

A: So you are Native American?

B: (blankly staring) No!

A: Ok then... American it is there buddy!

That's not what that question on the Census actually asks and a lot of people whos family has lived here for generations consider themselves more american than anything else.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i'm like 4th gen american, why will the world not allow me to just say i'm of american descent? Seriously it's retarded.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You can say that, it's what you personally identify as or what you identify your national background as. If anyone complains they're probably an effeminate commie.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Presumably because they were trying to make a map of where people's families came from before they lived in America so answering "America" is pretty dumb and also retarded

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
so the middle of the great USA is basically heroin, crack and crystal meth country? kinda stupid but looking at google maps i see nothing but farmlands and small towns. what can you actually do there?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Stalins Moustache posted:

what can you actually do there?

meth

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Presumably because they were trying to make a map of where people's families came from before they lived in America so answering "America" is pretty dumb and also retarded

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
also if all goes according to plan ill be studying at the university of Berkeley. what can you tell me about that amerigoons

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

also if all goes according to plan ill be studying at the university of Berkeley. what can you tell me about that amerigoons

sorry im on the east coast and we know nothing of the great west other than everyone being a homosexual surfer that enjoys starbucks

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

You would probably fit in well

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Daedra posted:

sorry im on the east coast and we know nothing of the great west other than everyone being a homosexual surfer that enjoys starbucks

sounds like paradise

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

uc berkley is good but ive heard its kind of falling apart

bay area is dreadful expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ekster posted:

Joke's on us, everyone's more racist.

• Locked thread