Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Desired AFC and NFC Championship Game participants? (Pick two per conference)
Arizona (NFC)
Baltimore (AFC)
Buffalo (AFC)
Carolina (NFC)
Cincinnati (AFC)
Cleveland (AFC)
Dallas (NFC)
Denver (AFC)
Detroit (NFC)
Green Bay (NFC)
Houston (AFC)
Indianapolis (AFC)
Kansas City (AFC)
Miami (AFC)
Minnesota (NFC)
New England (AFC)
New Orleans (NFC)
Philadelphia (NFC)
Pittsburgh (AFC)
San Diego (AFC)
San Francisco (NFC)
Seattle (NFC)
View Results

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Sour Diesel posted:

now imagine it being the kick to tie a game in a conference championship

against the loving pats

What ever happened to that guy? :suicide:

49ers can we have Phil Dawson back? Please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chifley posted:

next, imagine winning the superbowl the very next season, including beating the pats and broncos at home along the way

Losing that AFCCG still sucked

Flikken posted:

What ever happened to that guy? :suicide:

49ers can we have Phil Dawson back? Please?

No one deserves Cundiff

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Sour Diesel posted:

Losing that AFCCG still sucked

No one deserves Cundiff

Hey look both Dawson and Cribbs are doing well. We should have never let them walk.

Having a punt return game would be nice. Oh and the ability to hit more than a 50 yarder.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Fenrir posted:

Here it is guys, my masterpiece. Behold!

No Steelers, Broncos or Patriots. Browns bitch. And the NFC South still puts out a 5-win team.

Get the gently caress in :getin: :getin: :getin:

e: it seems to have eaten a game in there somewhere, but I don't think anything would change, I didn't need tiebreakers at all, really.

Pages back but you are a good person and I love you.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
So as long as the Ravens win next week, I am optimistic about our playoff chances.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Last Updated: Monday, November 24th, 23h30

pre:
## Tm. Rec. Div NFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Conference Results
-- --- ---- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
01 Ari 09-2 2-1 7-1 Wstl Wdet Lsea @Atl vK.C @StL vSea @S.F W-Phi,Dal,Det,S.F L-Sea
02 G.B 08-3 4-1 6-3 Wchi Wphi Wmin vN.E vAtl @Buf @T.B vDet W-Min,Chi,Phi L-Det,Sea,N.O
03 Phi 08-3 2-0 4-3 Wcar Lg.b Wten @Dal vSea vDal @Was @NYG L-Ari,S.F, G.B
04 Atl 04-7 4-0 4-4 Wt.b Wcar Lcle vAri @G.B vPit @N.O vCar W-N.O L-Min,NYG,Chi,Det

05 Dal 08-3 2-1 5-3 Wjax .bye Wnyg vPhi @Chi @Phi vInd @Was W-Sea,N.O L-Ari,S.F
06 Sea 07-4 1-1 5-2 Wnyg Lk.c Wari @S.F @Phi vS.F @Ari vStL W-G.B L-Dal,StL

Det 07-4 2-0 5-2 Wmia Lari Ln.e vChi vT.B vMin @Chi @G.B W-G.B,N.O L-Ari
   S.F 07-4 1-2 6-3 Wn.o Wnyg Wwas vSea @Oak @Sea vS.D vAri W-Dal,Phi L-Ari,Chi,StL

Chi 05-6 1-2 3-3 Lg.b Wmin Wt.b @Det vDal vN.O vDet @Min W-S.F,Atl,Min L-G.B
   N.O 04-7 2-1 4-4 Ls.f Lcin Lbal @Pit vCar @Chi vAtl @T.B W-G.B L-Dal,Det,S.F
   Min 04-7 0-4 4-5 .bye Lchi Lg.b vCar vNYJ @Det @Mia vChi W-StL,Was,Atl L-Det,G.B,N.O,Chi
   StL 04-7 2-2 3-5 Lari Wden Ls.d vOak @Was vAri vNYG @Sea W-Sea,S.F,T.B

~Teams below this line are eliminated from Wild Cards but can win a division~

Car 03*7 1-2 3-5 Lphi Latl .bye @Min @N.O vT.B vCle @Atl 
   T.B 02-9 0-4 1-7 Latl Wwas Lchi vCin @Det @Car vG.B vN.O W-Was L-StL,Atl

Eliminated: New York, Washington (Wk12)

pre:
Tm. Rec. Div C.O NFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Divisional Results
--- ---- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
Phi 08-3 2-0 5-2 4-3 Wcar Lg.b Wten @Dal vSea vDal @Was @NYG Dal-?? NYG-W? Was-W?
Dal 08-3 2-1 5-2 4-3 Wjax .bye Wnyg vPhi @Chi @Phi vInd @Was NYG-WW Phi-?? Was-L?

Common Opponents: NFC West, AFC South

Eliminated: New York, Washington (Wk12)
Philadelphia Eagles: Philly is well-positioned to win the NFCE, so long as they split or sweep the Dallas matches. See axeil's excellent breakdown here.

Dallas Cowboys: See Philly's breakdown. To surpass the Eagles the Cowboys either need to sweep the H2H series, or win more than Phi in the other two div matches, or win more than Phi in the out-of-division games.

New York Giants: Eliminated in Week 12. 0-0 since then.

Washington Footballers: Eliminated in Week 12. 0-0 since then.

pre:
Tm. Rec. Div C.O NFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Divisional Results
--- ---- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
G.B 08-3 4-1 3-1 6-3 Wchi Wphi Wmin vN.E vAtl @Buf @T.B vDet Chi-WW Det-L? Min-WW
Det 07-4 2-0 4-3 5-2 Wmia Lari Ln.e vChi vT.B vMin @Chi @G.B Chi-?? G.B-W? Min-W?
Chi 05-6 1-2 3-4 4-3 Lg.b Wmin Wt.b @Det vDal vN.O vDet @Min Det-?? G.B-LL Min-W?
Min 04-7 0-4 2-3 4-5 .bye Lchi Lg.b vCar vNYJ @Det @Mia vChi Chi-L? Det-L? G.B-L?

Common Opponents: NFC South, AFC East
Green Bay: Two divisional and three C.O games remain and it is highly possible the NFCN will be decided by tie-breakers. Green Bay is in great position so far, a win vN.E will put them in excellent shape.

Detroit: The Lions, due to their win vs G.B earlier in the season, could head into Week 17 one game behind and still be win-and-in. So wins vChi, vT.B, vMin, and @Chi would leave them in control of their destiny. Losing a game would mean they'll need some help from Packers' opponents.

Chicago: Chicago has to win out and get lots of help.

Minnesota: Essentially finished, they would need to win out and get tons of help.

pre:
Atl 04-7 4-0 0-6 4-4 Wt.b Wcar Lcle vAri @G.B vPit @N.O vCar Car-W? N.O-W? T.B-W?
N.O 04-7 2-1 2-4 4-4 Ls.f Lcin Lbal @Pit vCar @Chi vAtl @T.B Atl-L? Car-W? T.B-W?
Car 03*7 1-2 2*3 3-5 Lphi Latl .bye @Min @N.O vT.B vCle @Atl Atl-L? N.O-L? T.B W?
T.B 02-9 0-4 1-4 1-7 Latl Wwas Lchi vCin @Det @Car vG.B vN.O Atl-L? Car-L? N.O-L?

Common Opponents: NFC North, AFC North
Atlanta: They could conceivably finish 6-0 in the division and 0-10 outside of it. Root for history! Seriously though, if they beat N.O again they'd have the tie-breaker, so seven wins might be enough. Hell, six wins miiiiiiight be enough.

New Orleans: After a disastrous homestand they are still in control of their NFCS destiny. A win vAtl in Wk16 would give them the tie-breaker assuming they match the Falcons overall divisional record.

Carolina: One win in the last nine games, a malfunctioning offense, and an employed Shula. And yet they're still only a half-game behind, and 4 sub-.500 opponents (and an inconsistent Cleveland squad) remain.

Tampa Bay: Despite being only two games out, their terrible divisional record and the remaining Atl@N.O match makes their hopes quite slim.

pre:
Ari 09-2 2-1 7-1 7-1 Wstl Wdet Lsea @Atl vK.C @StL vSea @S.F S.F-W? Sea-L? StL-W?
S.F 07-4 1-2 5-1 5-3 Wn.o Wnyg Wwas vSea @Oak @Sea vS.D vAri Ari-L? Sea-?? StL-WL
Sea 07-4 1-1 4-3 5-2 Wnyg Lk.c Wari @S.F @Phi vS.F @Ari vStL Ari-W? S.F-?? StL-L?
StL 04-7 2-2 1-4 3-5 Lari Wden Ls.d vOak @Was vAri vNYG @Sea Ari-L? S.F-WL Sea-W?

Common Opponents: NFC East, AFC West
Arizona Cardinals: Remain in fantastic position for the NFCW title, a bye, and the #1 Seed, but their offense is fizzling and the schedule is very tough. They are S.F fans this Thursday since they have a win over the Niners already.

San Francisco 49ers: Another win over a team they were expected to beat, although it was much closer than it should have been. With 2 NFCW losses already on the boards, their push for the division title essentially requires them to win out in-division and hope Ari drops another game somewhere.

Seattle Seahawks: If they can win at Levi's then they'll be in decent shape for catching up to Arizona, although their schedule is quite tough: the Rams are the "easy" match-up.

St.Louis Rams: Must win out AND have Arizona lose out AND have Seattle and San Fran split their series AND have Seattle and San Fran lose all other matches.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

pre:
## Tm. Rec. Div AFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Conference Results
-- --- ---- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
01 N.E 09-2 2-1 6-2 .bye Wind Wdet @G.B @S.D vMia @NYJ vBuf W-Den,Buf,Ind L-Mia
02 Den 08-3 3-0 6-1 Woak Lstl Wmia @K.C vBuf @S.D @Cin vOak W-Ind,K.C,S.D,Mia L-N.E
03 Cin 07*3 2-1 5-3 Lcle Wn.o Whou @T.B vPit @Cle vDen @Pit
04 Ind 07-4 4-0 6-3 .bye Ln.e Wjax vWas @Cle vHou @Dal @Ten W-Bal,Hou L-Den,Pit,N.E

05 K.C 07-4 1-2 5-3 Wbuf Wsea Loak vDen @Ari vOak @Pit vS.D W-N.E,Mia,S.D,Buf L-Den
06 Bal 07-4 2-3 3-4 Wten .bye Wn.o vS.D @Mia vJax @Hou vCle W-Cle L-Ind,Cinx2 WL-Pit

Pit 07-4 2-2 6-3 Lnyj Wten .bye vN.O @Cin @Atl vK.C vCin W-Ind,Hou WL-Bal,Cle
   S.D 07-4 2-2 5-3 .bye Woak Wstl @Bal vN.E vDen @S.F @K.C W-Buf L-Den,Mia,K.C
   Cle 07-4 2-2 4-4 Wcin Lhou Watl @Buf vInd vCin @Car @Bal L-Bal WL-Pit

Mia 06-5 2-1 5-3 Ldet Wbuf Lden @NYJ vBal @N.E vMin vNYJ W-N.E,S.D L-K.C WL-Buf L-Den
   Buf 06-5 3-2 3-5 Lk.c Lmia Wnyj vCle @Den vG.B @Oak @N.E L-N.E,S.D,Hou,K.C WL-Mia
   Hou 05-6 1-1 4-3 .bye Wcle Lcin vTen @Jax @Ind vBal vJax W-Buf,Ten L-Ind,Pit   

Eliminated: Oakland & Jacksonville (Wk11), Tennessee, New York (Wk12)

pre:
Tm. Rec. Div C.O AFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Divisional Results
N.E 09-2 2-1 5-1 6-2 .bye Wind Wdet @G.B @S.D vMia @NYJ	vBuf Buf-W? Mia-L? NYJ-W?
Mia 06-5 2-1 3-4 5-3 Ldet Wbuf Lden @NYJ vBal @N.E vMin	vNYJ Buf-LW N.E-W? NYJ-??
Buf 06-5 3-2 3-2 3-5 Lk.c Lmia Wnyj vCle @Den vG.B @Oak	@N.E Mia-WL N.E-L? NYJ-W?

Common Opponents: AFC West, NFC North

Eliminated: New York (Wk12)
New England Patriots: Effectively 1.5 games ahead for the #1 Seed due to tie-breakers. Plenty of ways to clinch the AFCE by the end of Week 14. Schedule is quite tough for the next three weeks though, so Denver/AFCN leader/Indy/Miami could make things interesting.

Miami Dolphins: The very tough losses to the Lions and Broncos mean that Miami is very unlikely to win the division and are in need of quite a lot of help in the Wild Card race. Since there are a lot of AFCN matches left, and S.D and K.C also have a few match-ups vs the AFCN, a lot of wins will get handed out among those 6 contenders. Miami will likely need to go 4-1 (assuming a loss @N.E) and get some help to end up in an ideal tie-breaker scenario at 10-6.

Buffalo Bills: Essentially must win out and get lots of help. Very bad AFC record and losses to Wild Card competitors make that path very tough as well, 10-6 will likely not be enough.

pre:
Tm. Rec. Div C.O AFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Divisional Results
Cin 07*3 2-1 5*1 5-3 Lcle Wn.o Whou @T.B vPit @Cle vDen @Pit Bal-WW Cle-L? Pit-??
Bal 07-4 2-3 5-1 3-4 Wten .bye Wn.o vS.D @Mia vJax @Hou vCle Cin-LL Cle-W? Pit-WL
Pit 07-4 2-2 5-1 6-3 Lnyj Wten .bye vN.O @Cin @Atl vK.C vCin Bal-WL Cin-?? Cle-WL
Cle 07-4 2-2 4-2 4-4 Wcin Lhou Watl @Buf vInd vCin @Car @Bal Bal-L? Cin-W? Pit-WL

Common Opponents: AFC South, NFC South
Cincinnati Bengals: Their final four games are against winning teams, so they can't afford to overlook the Bucs next week. If they can win vPit, @Cle, and one other match, then they'll be at 10-5-1 and Pit and Cle will be at 5+ losses, which is a pretty good base for winning the division.

Baltimore Ravens: Currently holding a Wild Card spot and they arguably have the easiest remaining schedule of all AFCN teams. That being said, their next two matches are vs Wild Card competitors so their status could change in a hurry.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Very tough schedule to finish the season, but they have an excellent tie-breaker setup right now, only falling behind Baltimore when it's a 3-way tie with Cleveland. They need to win vN.O to match the Bengals and Ravens.

Cleveland Browns: Winning ugly but it could get them to the post-season. Their @Bal match matters more than their vCin match since they can't finish tied with the Bengals (barring more ties). For similar reasons they'll root for the Bengals to sweep the Steelers, since that would wreck Pittsburgh's divisional record and help the Browns in tie-breakers.

pre:
Ind 07-4 4-0 3-2 6-3 .bye Ln.e Wjax vWas @Cle vHou @Dal @Ten Hou-W? Jax-WW Ten-W?
Hou 05-6 1-1 2-5 4-3 .bye Wcle Lcin vTen @Jax @Ind vBal vJax Ind-L? Jax-?? Ten-W?

Common Opponents: AFC North, NFC East

Eliminated: Tennessee, Jacksonville (Wk12)
Indianapolis Colts: Can clinch as early as Wk13 with any 3 {Colts wins, Texans losses}.

Houston Texans: Well, if they can win two games vs weaker divisional opponents, and the Browns can eek out a win vs Indy, and Houston can pull off the upset in Indy, then Houston will be one game behind and in a bad but not terrible tie-breaker position. Anything short of that and it'll be time to scout the draft.

pre:
Den 08-3 3-0 4-3 6-1 Woak Lstl Wmia @K.C vBuf @S.D @Cin vOak K.C-W? Oak-W? S.D-W?
K.C 07-4 1-2 6-1 5-3 Wbuf Wsea Loak vDen @Ari vOak @Pit vS.D Den-L? Oak-?? S.D-W?
S.D 07-4 2-2 4-2 5-3 .bye Woak Wstl @Bal vN.E vDen @S.F @K.C Den-L? K.C-L? Oak-W?

Common Opponents: AFC East, NFC West

Eliminated: Oakland (Wk11)
Denver Broncos: Denver hasn't looked great for a while now, eeking out another close win vs the Dolphins. They do have a nice tie-breaker advantage with nary an AFCW loss though. That being said, Denver's road games @K.C and @S.D are suddenly incredibly significant, and losing both would likely put one of the Chiefs or Chargers in the lead.

Kansas City Chiefs: Losing to Oakland with 4 playoff contenders still on the schedule really hurts their AFCW title hopes. A wild card is iffy at this point when you compare the schedules of the AFCN teams to K.C. The match vDen is must-win for division title hopes to continue.

San Diego Chargers: S.D is in bad shape vs Denver in divisional tie-breakers and in bad shape vs K.C in C.O tie-breakers. They'll likely need to finish 4-1 or better and get help (or 3-2 and get tons of help), which is a tough path considering their schedule.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

So as long as the Ravens win next week, I am optimistic about our playoff chances.

It'll be an exciting season end at least. San Diego, Cleveland, Houston, and Miami should all be close games. I'm most scared of the Chargers because it'll be a great passing offense vs a desolate secondary but that worked out alright tonight so who knows.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

Cleveland Browns:For similar reasons they'll root for the Bengals to sweep the Steelers, since that would wreck Pittsburgh's divisional record and help the Browns in tie-breakers.

I find it offensive that you think Ohio teams need a reason to root against Pittsburgh. :colbert:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hey Goodell, use your crooked intentions to rig another out-of-conference Bengals tie versus the Bucs so the ESPN Playoff Machine can implode from the 4-way tie AFCN and 12-way tie Wild Card possibilities.

Toss in a simple 7-way tie in the NFC for fun.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It'll be an exciting season end at least. San Diego, Cleveland, Houston, and Miami should all be close games. I'm most scared of the Chargers because it'll be a great passing offense vs a desolate secondary but that worked out alright tonight so who knows.

I'm excited because the Chargers NEVER play here. They've played here like twice before ever. 2000 and 2006. 7/9 of the games have been in SD, including the last four.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
Okay, you have the Giants and Redskins being eliminated from playoff contention but either of them can sneak in at 8-8 I think. I at least figured out how to have the Giants sneak in at 8-8 by tying with the Eagles at 8-8 and having the rest of the current 7 win teams ending up at 7-9.

EDIT: I'm not particularly good at this and I'm sure I have tons of unnecessary games selected but

ChewyLSB fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 25, 2014

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

ChewyLSB posted:

Okay, you have the Giants and Redskins being eliminated from playoff contention but either of them can sneak in at 8-8 I think. I at least figured out how to have the Giants sneak in at 8-8 by tying with the Eagles at 8-8 and having the rest of the current 7 win teams ending up at 7-9.

EDIT: I'm not particularly good at this and I'm sure I have tons of unnecessary games selected but

Ah good catch, for some reason I'd locked in San Fran and Seattle splitting their games from a different sim.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I'm excited because the Chargers NEVER play here. They've played here like twice before ever. 2000 and 2006. 7/9 of the games have been in SD, including the last four.

Yea but like I've said before, Rivers has a knack of destroying the Ravens D. Even when the defense had its best personnel I've never seen any other QB that could hang 24+ points on them consistently.

You'd think I'd hate Rivers because of that but no Rivers loving rules.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Can we go 1982 up in this playoffs?

8 of the best team in each conference.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Sour Diesel posted:

Yea but like I've said before, Rivers has a knack of destroying the Ravens D. Even when the defense had its best personnel I've never seen any other QB that could hang 24+ points on them consistently.

You'd think I'd hate Rivers because of that but no Rivers loving rules.

I'm hoping for a game like the one in San Diego that ended with Lewis tackling Sproles 2 yards behind the LOS on a 4th and 2 deep in the red zone. That was one of the best regular season games ive ever seen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

E_Motion posted:

I'm hoping for a game like the one in San Diego that ended with Lewis tackling Sproles 2 yards behind the LOS on a 4th and 2 deep in the red zone. That was one of the best regular season games ive ever seen.

That was such a dumb loving playcall

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Yea if they called literally any other play SD would've won that game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

Yea if they called literally any other play SD would've won that game.

NORV TURNER OFFENSIVE GENIUS

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Darren Sproles was so poorly used under Norv Turner people seriously would say here he was a bad player.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

kalensc posted:

Philadelphia Eagles: Philly is well-positioned to win the NFCE, so long as they split or sweep the Dallas matches. See axeil's excellent breakdown here.

Thanks for the mention. Glad my late night ramblings can be put to good use. :unsmith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Darren Sproles was so poorly used under Norv Turner people seriously would say here he was a bad player.

Then AJ Smith paid him more than LdT one year and we lost both players.

The Redskins deserve AJ Smith

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

axeil posted:

Thanks for the mention. Glad my late night ramblings can be put to good use. :unsmith:

No thanks needed, very happy to see other people doing some "in the margins" analysis! My Sunday and Monday evenings are booked solid with real life sports these days so I can't crank out as many scenarios as in the past, or at least not until there's 8 games or less which affect a given playoff spot.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

One of these things is not like the other.

In other news. If Detroit loses one of the next three games the away game vs GB could be for 1st place or no playoffs at all.

I fully expect Detroit not to make the playoffs at 10-5

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

kalensc posted:

Hey Goodell, use your crooked intentions to rig another out-of-conference Bengals tie versus the Bucs so the ESPN Playoff Machine can implode from the 4-way tie AFCN and 12-way tie Wild Card possibilities.

Toss in a simple 7-way tie in the NFC for fun.

OMG. OMG. This has to happen. I know Marvin Lewis can do his part - he's aces at ties.

Ninja ed: 12 AFC teams at 10-6 and the Panthers getting in under at under 500 would also be glorious.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

kalensc posted:

No thanks needed, very happy to see other people doing some "in the margins" analysis! My Sunday and Monday evenings are booked solid with real life sports these days so I can't crank out as many scenarios as in the past, or at least not until there's 8 games or less which affect a given playoff spot.

Oh great! I love working these things out so I might do some more as the weeks go on.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

darkforce898 posted:

One of these things is not like the other.

In other news. If Detroit loses one of the next three games the away game vs GB could be for 1st place or no playoffs at all.

I fully expect Detroit not to make the playoffs at 10-5

do not want.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
There's a pretty decent chance that if Detroit loses DET@GB they get rewarded with playing at Green Bay again a week later.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Brannock posted:

There's a pretty decent chance that if Detroit loses DET@GB they get rewarded with playing at Green Bay again a week later.

That's what happened to the Eagles in...2009? 10? They played the Cowboys, lost, then had to play the Cowboys again the next week, and lost again as Romo got his one and only playoff win

That owned

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Also the Bengals in 2009. They lost to the Jets when they clearly weren't trying in week 17. If the Bengals had won they would have played vs the Texans. I actually told my roommate (who was a Texans fan) "Man, the Bengals owe the Texans a berth, that was shameful."

I regretted that.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

That's what happened to the Eagles in...2009? 10? They played the Cowboys, lost, then had to play the Cowboys again the next week, and lost again as Romo got his one and only playoff win

That owned

It happened to the Packers twice just recently. In 2009 the Pack beat the Cardinals 33-7 in Arizona then lost to them there a week later because Rodgers dropped a ball while being dragged down by his facemask. No, I'm not bitter... why do you ask :smith:

In 2012, the Vikings beat the Packers in week 17, 37-34. Their reward was a wild card date in Green Bay, where Rodgers won his first ever home playoff game, 24-10.

Cowboys-Eagles and Bengals-Jets may be the only instances of this scenario I've seen where the same team won both games, though. At least, I can't remember any others right off the top of my head.

I remember the joke of the 2009 WC round being "didn't we just see this game last week?"

It was a very strange situation - 3 of the 4 games were rematches of the previous week.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 26, 2014

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

NORV TURNER OFFENSIVE GENIUS

That's my trigger, Ross.
Norv Turner is my trigger.

I'm hopeful about the SD/BAL game this weekend.
Hopefully our 4th center will hold up for the rest of the year.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Febreeze posted:

That owned

It was McNabb's last game as an Eagle. :smith:

What makes it even worse is had the Eagles beaten the Cowboys in week 17 they would've gotten a bye. Instead they got to lose to Dallas. Twice.

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
Just hearing the words "Norv Turner" gives me traumatizing PTSD-esque flashbacks of Darren Sproles -2 yard power plays up the middle, constant 7 step drop plays called while having a sieve for an offensive line, and 4th and 29. Can't wait for them to show 4th and 29 over and over again this Sunday during the game since that happened the last time we played the Ravens HOORAY

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hey diddle diddle, Ray Rice is a loving piece of human garbage

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Hey diddle diddle, Ray Rice is a loving piece of human garbage

And was also down a yard short of the first

Ravens should have lost that game

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I wish the 49ers won the Super Bowl so the SF/SEA feud could reach levels of annoying never before seen.

Ray Rice up the middle robbed us of it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

And was also down a yard short of the first

Ravens should have lost that game

I am grateful I was driving and listening to that on the radio instead of actually seeing it live. I might have broken something

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Atticus Finch posted:

I wish the 49ers won the Super Bowl so the SF/SEA feud could reach levels of annoying never before seen.

Ray Rice up the middle robbed us of it.

Rahim Moore robbed you of that more than that play. But there was a good possibility the Broncos won that game. 49ers were a far superior team and should have won anyway, but didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Rahim Moore robbed you of that more than that play. But there was a good possibility the Broncos won that game. 49ers were a far superior team and should have won anyway, but didn't.

To be honest, I felt Baltimore was the best team in football the year before.

It felt like New England was pretty much coasting in on Home Field advantage and having a HOF QB. The rest of their team was pretty poo poo.

(Also Green Bay was better then New York, but Eli went on one of his bullshit runs).

Should have been you guys and New York/Green Bay the year before, and then Denver V. SF the year after.

• Locked thread