Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
You know what, gently caress off RG3. You can't run like you used to and it turns out you can't play conventional QB worth a poo poo, but hey there's always the rest of the team to blame. gently caress off, RG3, I hope you can play with your Subway buddy in Oakland and surround yourself with people who will tell you you're simply the greatest, like loving Snyder. It's not even exaggeration to say that you've looked like the 3rd best quarterback on the Redskins roster, and Kirk loving sucks. I'll take a few more years of middling to bad records as long as I don't have to watch you stare down your first read (4 yard pass), throw it after waiting an eternity, and then roll around on the ground for 10 seconds because you got blown the gently caress up by a defensive end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

shiksa posted:

an angry post :argh:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

good post, goon

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

You guys are all way too scared of New England

Dude, we just barely escaped Minnesota.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Fenrir posted:

Minnesota has a far better defense than anyone is giving them credit for. Their offense is what's kind of half-assed at this point. If Bridgewater develops decently, and Peterson comes back, they'll be pretty drat good next year.

I think we match up well against the Pats with the exception of Gronk. CMIII on pass rush means AJ Hawk on Gronk, at that's a matchup Gronk wins 100% of the time. On offense, we're deep enough at WR to offset NE's talented but shallow secondary, and our pass blocking has been drat good for the last few weeks. Lacy's also on fire, and that's allowed us to switch to whichever's working.

We'll probably get 21-30 points, the game depends on whether the D creates turnovers or gets beasted by Gronk.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

packers should start flynn, he needs to finish what he started in 2010

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

And Geno is back on the escalator.

@nyjets
QB Update: Rex met with Geno Smith & Mike Vick this morning and told the QBs that Geno will get the start vs. MIA on Monday Night.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Abugadu posted:

Minnesota has a far better defense than anyone is giving them credit for. Their offense is what's kind of half-assed at this point. If Bridgewater develops decently, and Peterson comes back, they'll be pretty drat good next year.

I think we match up well against the Pats with the exception of Gronk. CMIII on pass rush means AJ Hawk on Gronk, at that's a matchup Gronk wins 100% of the time. On offense, we're deep enough at WR to offset NE's talented but shallow secondary, and our pass blocking has been drat good for the last few weeks. Lacy's also on fire, and that's allowed us to switch to whichever's working.

We'll probably get 21-30 points, the game depends on whether the D creates turnovers or gets beasted by Gronk.

I'm having flashbacks of what Jimmy Graham - and not even a 100% Jimmy Graham at that - did to us week 8. This defense has NO answer for big TEs and we're about to get a throat full of the best big TE in football. I really wouldn't be surprised if Gronk gets 17 catches for 195 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Patriots don't have any real WRs that worry me, and our defense might be weak against the run, but that doesn't matter. That offense seems to have an answer for everything, and I don't think this defense is up to the task.

I think the Packers lose a shootout, probably by 14. I can see the Pack scoring 30, but I can also easily see the Patriots scoring 44.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I give Sherman and Baldwin an A for concept and originality, but a D in execution. Should've just played it off like it was completely normal and nothing was going on, but Sherman couldn't help but be all "See? SEE? This is what the league wants right?"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They can redeem themselves by giving a serious press conference in Mandarin.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

@nyjets
QB Update: Rex met with Geno Smith & Mike Vick this morning and told the QBs that Geno will get the start vs. MIA on Monday Night.

My body is prepared for Geno's inexplicably great game against us

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

My body is prepared for Geno's inexplicably great game against us

Dude you're gonna beat the brakes off the Jets even worse than the loving Bills did.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Genoa a better matchup for miami. He's terribly inaccurate intermediate to deep, and miami has ball Hawks.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish we had finnegan back. Taylor Davis and wilson have major flaws

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
The circle of pessimism in TFF is like that "any given sunday" cycle chart.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Somebody in the GDT was like "hey Miami are frauds" and I was like "lol do you know who you're talking to"

Why am I at work today

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Blotto Skorzany posted:

The circle of pessimism in TFF is like that "any given sunday" cycle chart.

Some of us have good reason

Rex Ryan is probably going to be the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
2 year, $4 Million extension for Matthew Slater. :getin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

Somebody in the GDT was like "hey Miami are frauds" and I was like "lol do you know who you're talking to"

Why am I at work today

I jiggered my week so I'm doing one inspection today that's around the corner from my house (after I meet with my supervisor for free breakfast) , then "admin time," which is actually getting ready for tomorrow's tailgate and watching Sleepy Hollow. Being a field employee rocks sometimes. No idiot coworkers saying stupid poo poo in your ear and nobody looking over your shoulder.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

On the other hand you're much more likely to be seriously injured on the job

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

Big deal, the Pats struggled with Oakland

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Genoa a better matchup for miami. He's terribly inaccurate intermediate to deep, and miami has ball Hawks.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish we had finnegan back. Taylor Davis and wilson have major flaws

Thanks I forgot to get extra salami

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

blue squares posted:

On the other hand you're much more likely to be seriously injured on the job

Only because I drive so much, and it's mostly city streets so a fatal/serious injury crash is less likely. I do auto inspections, my job is to stare at cars all day and go "yep that's hosed here's some cash."

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 26, 2014

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Two and a half months ago, yes. The Packers slid by the Vikings last week (and Tramon got jobbed hard much of the game, and Shields didn't look great either). My gut feeling is it's going to be a replay of the show the Pats put on Week 11 @ IND. But who knows!

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Fenrir posted:

Not for Packer fans :smith:

Lol, who wins at Lambeau ever

Also, this game is going to own because Brady has never played Rodgers.

I wholly expect a shootout and I don't think we can win that in Lambeau

I'm just bummed I'm not there, I was supposed to be at this game

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Jets on Monday night, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgsqFcfEo4A

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Robbie Gould hasn't kicked a field goal in 5.5 games (last one was at the end of the first half against Atlanta, on October 12th)

He's attempted one in each of the last two games and missed both.

The_Hat fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 26, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Burger Trench posted:

The Jets on Monday night, you say?
That wasn't even Sanchez's worst turnover of the game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000113173/Sanchez-s-fourth-interception

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The_Hat posted:

Robbie Gould hasn't kicked a field goal in 5.5 games (last one was at the end of the first half against Atlanta, on October 12th)

He's attempted one in each of the last two games and missed both.

Hasn't made one, He missed two in the most recent games.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Yeah I just edited that in, looks like those misses were from 47 and 54 yards, his longest for the year is 45 yards.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Not really related (no idea whether Robbie Gould is a bad kicker), but this reminds me that judging kickers by field goal percentage is stupid without accounting for the distances and conditions the kicks were made under. It's like pitcher or goalie wins.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Literally within 10 minutes of one another. New York media is so bad.

quote:

@BrianCoz
The belief inside the Jets building is Idzik overruled Rex on QB decision. #nyj

@BrianCoz
Just spoke to a source with direct knowledge of QB decision who said it was actually Rex Ryan that wanted to go back to Geno Smith #nyj

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's some football reading for a lazy day before Thanksgiving:

Barnwell writes that if Washington decides to move on from RG3, what his contract looks like and teams that could look at him as a mid round pick option: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/rg3-robert-griffin-10-possible-destinations/

538's Playoff implications for the week (in which Eagles - Cowboys and 49ers - Seahawks and Chargers - Ravens are basically for everything: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nfl-week-13-playoff-implications-be-thankful-for-meaningful-games-this-thanksgiving/

Barnwell on every team's most important remaining game and likelihood of winning: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-schedule-important-games-remaining/

DVOA stats for the week, which I guess is interesting because they consider 6 teams to be playing worse then Oakland (and only 2 of those are in the NFC South): http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2014/week-12-dvoa-ratings

Andy Benoit's preview article on the 3 Thanksgiving games and a neat bit of analysis about how the Chiefs beat up on the Seahawks passing game: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/11/26/nfl-thanksgiving-day-games-preview-andy-benoit-deep-dive/

and finally, Gronk explains the true meaning of Thanksgiving: http://telly.com/1S6T5SW

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

quote:

Vikings

Key Game: Week 14, vs. New York Jets, 72.9 percent chance of victory

With little to play for, it’s in Minnesota’s best interests to tank over the final five weeks. Beating the Jets at home might feel good, but it won’t be the best thing for the franchise down the road.

thanks for the insight bill.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ozu posted:

@nyjets

I can only picture this as Geno trying to walk up the down escalator

bon ape tit
Aug 7, 2011
"We're here to play football, not exchange cookie recipes"

-Steve Smith

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

That was before the five straight blowouts.

Steve Smith owns :allears:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 26, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Santheb posted:

I can just see the 30 for 30 now on RG3.

What if I told you a footlong piece of turf...

Could take down a footlong empire...

Robert Griffin the Third - The Footlong Failure at Fedex Field: Thursday 9 PM Eastern

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Spoeank posted:

Only because I drive so much, and it's mostly city streets so a fatal/serious injury crash is less likely. I do auto inspections, my job is to stare at cars all day and go "yep that's hosed here's some cash."

My friend works at Geico and says that's the dream job to work towards but rarely ever get to because the position opens up once every 20 years.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

N: Ryan Fitzpatrick cut his beard, literally didn't realize how loving terrible it looked because he apparently never looks in the mirror

@taniaganguli posted:

Fitzpatrick says he's mad we didn't tell him he looked like that. Saw himself in the mirror and thought it was disgusting.

V: Next season can't come soon enough

e: oh apparently he just trimmed it, who loving cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

waah posted:

What if I told you a footlong piece of turf...

Could take down a footlong empire...

Robert Griffin the Third - The Footlong Failure at Fedex Field: Thursday 9 PM Eastern

Holy poo poo :laffo:

• Locked thread