Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

MacDougall posted:

Meanwhile:

Vince McMahon @VinceMcMahon 32m
Happy Thanksgiving from the most thankful man in the world.

Over half the responses to that are variations on "you owe me one"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
There was an interesting/depressing article posted a couple months back covering similar ground to the Punk interview - does anyone have a link?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Do you think Austin will touch on this next Monday:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is austin technically still employed by wwe?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
gently caress no.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Holy poo poo, I didn't even look at how long the show was but I've just listened to all of it and realized it's him and Punk for about an hour and a half solid :psyduck: nice to know our suspicions re: his health as of the Rumble last year is confirmed (also a cool note in there about him trying to get guys like Kofi and Rusev to "do cool stuff to me" to get them over, probably helping himself out but I trust that view), but holy poo poo that was bad.

love Punk, feel bad that there doesn't seem like there's any way I'll see him perform ever again but it sounds like his life has gotten so much better. can't be mad that he's

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Remember that this is a company that only changed their policies on head bumps when one of its employees murdered his family after years of head trauma. The continued ignorance in their medical practices isn't terribly shocking.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Favourite Triple H? Being a douche to CM Punk locker room politics Triple H or "One Of Us" Reddit reader NXT Triple H?

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
It's almost shocking that someone capable of great business decisions and ironic self-awareness might also still be a giant dick.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Now if only The Ryback can make it into a Wrestlemania main event the cycle will be complete

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I assume AJ really is gone soon then since otherwise she would be mega hosed at this point.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
loving Colt's podcast cut off at the end for everyone or just me?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

loving Colt's podcast cut off at the end for everyone or just me?

here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHRJnZsinQ

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Love ya.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
CM Punk's fanfiction.net story is pretty great glad I could hear it

also glad Ryback is too good to be affected by some nerd's slander

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

RBX posted:

Triple H really really comes off pretty bad in this. Probably the worst.

HHH came off exactly how he comes off anytime anyone has something legitimate to say about him, when they aren't kissing his rear end.

Not saying he's a bad guy, but I wasn't really surprised by it.

Edit: And I don't think Vince is thinking UFC is killing people left and right. He just didn't want Punk associated with something that he thought WOULD kill someone eventually. Vince figures someone is going to die in the octagon and he didn't want anything to do with it.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 27, 2014

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The biggest thing I took away from all this is despite Punks slander, Ryback Rules.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

The biggest thing I took away from all this is despite Punks slander, Ryback Rules.

Agreed. I think they should officially pass the Best In The World title to Ryback. Just add it to his announced entrance along with all his other previously used nicknames.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

triplexpac posted:

HHH came off exactly how he comes off anytime anyone has something legitimate to say about him, when they aren't kissing his rear end.

Not saying he's a bad guy, but I wasn't really surprised by it.

Edit: And I don't think Vince is thinking UFC is killing people left and right. He just didn't want Punk associated with something that he thought WOULD kill someone eventually. Vince figures someone is going to die in the octagon and he didn't want anything to do with it.

To be fair as funny as that quote from Vince is, Punk does agree that Vince doesn't really believe that, it's just that he's trying to remove his product from something that's 'Barbaric'.

The most telling quote is 'Have you heard they're going to have WOMEN fighting now?'. Yes Vince. Women, not Divas.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd take Ryback over Punk :colbert:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why is the new Art of Wrestling not on the iTunes store? Was it pulled?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

rotinaj posted:

Why is the new Art of Wrestling not on the iTunes store? Was it pulled?

I don't think it was pulled, the server has been hammered all morning though.

You can get Stitcher and listen to it that way though, if you want it on a mobile

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
"I'm dumb as gently caress" is a better catchphrase than "Feed me more".

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

triplexpac posted:

From the sounds of it he should be more worried about people dying in his own loving promotion since their doctors are loving incompetent, they equate "running the ropes" with "general wellbeing" and rush people back from injuries.

Also, still a fan of The Big Guy

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Yuriy posted:

they equate "running the ropes" with "general wellbeing" .

So Rosa, Kelly, and the Bellas must be hopeless cases then...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

achillesforever6 posted:

Not even a union, have a goddamn offseason or a break.

Gonz posted:

Yeah, I could definitely go without seeing wrestling for 3-4 months a year. Let the wrestlers heal up or have surgeries or poo poo. Or just relax with their families and not always be on the verge of a physical or mental breakdown.

But that's not Vince. Vince sleeps a total of probably 5 hours a week according to what i've heard about him. Hunter has said that Vince is a workaholic and expects everyone else to emulate him.

You don't even need to do an offseason. They have enough talent (or did) where you could conceivably rotate wrestlers out of the schedule for three or four months a year and still keep broadcasting. I've been saying that what they should have been doing for years.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

You don't even need to do an offseason. They have enough talent (or did) where you could conceivably rotate wrestlers out of the schedule for three or four months a year and still keep broadcasting. I've been saying that what they should have been doing for years.

It sounds ok in practice, but it would never work

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

RBX posted:

They were deathly afraid of him going to TNA.

:psyduck::laffo:

Gotta wonder what the TNA Mecca's going to make of that!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

triplexpac posted:

number of people that have died in a wrestling ring: at least 13

number of people that have died in an mma fight: 4

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Valeyard posted:

I mean it kind of does though, in a hosed up way guys getting injured forces them to rebook and shuffle poo poo around while they recover

If they instead rotated guys (pretend they're injured essentially), you'd have more shuffling on the card while dudes rested up. And if someone got injured that wasn't due for their break you could always have a dude step in as essentially an injury replacement.

I mean they've done pretty okay given that they lost Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns and I'm sure a few others to injuries.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Valeyard posted:

why not

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Endorph posted:

number of people that have died in a wrestling ring: at least 13

number of people that have died in an mma fight: 4

Also none of those were in the UFC or any major American promotion. MMA is terrified of people dying in the ring because we already get looked down on for being fans of "human cockfighting", so you can bet your rear end that they'll take more precautions

There's also pre-fight medical exams, a corner that can stop a match, a doctor monitoring and calling an end to things deemed too dangerous to continue (Leslie Smith's exploding/ripped ear from a few weeks back being a good example)

MMA, the real sport is literally safer and less retarded than wrasslin' lol

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

RBX posted:

They were deathly afraid of him going to TNA.

:psyduck::laffo:
Makes sense. You saw what TNA did to Angle, Jeff Hardy and Okada.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Davros1 posted:

The problem is that no wrestler would want to be rotated out like that. No one wants to be off TV because then they only make their downside and probably get 0 merch sales because out of sight, out of mind.

I mean it's great for a guy like Punk who probably sells a ton of merch even though he's been gone for ages, but someone like Ryback or Bray Wyatt would lose out on a ton of merch sales and momentum just sitting around at home.

Maybe with the Network taking away PPV buyrate paydays it's less of an issue, but basically dudes make their money by being on TV. You'd need to restructure the company's financials to make a rotating cast work.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Watch NJPW and avoid stupid poo poo like the McMahons

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Summary of Punk's interview: http://pastebin.com/k1TbZVDP

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 27, 2014

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Mr. Maggy posted:

Agreed. I think they should officially pass the Best In The World title to Ryback. Just add it to his announced entrance along with all his other previously used nicknames.

If I recall correctly, after Punk left, Ryback tweeted something like "Are we taking dibs? I call the Go 2 Sleep."

The tweet has since then been deleted.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

NickRoweFillea posted:

Watch NJPW and avoid stupid poo poo like the McMahons

Knowing how bad Japanese business practices are, New Japan is probably worse

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hear New Japan actually only has minimum ties to the Yakuza, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Smoking Crow posted:

Knowing how bad Japanese business practices are, New Japan is probably worse

At least they have profit sharing. (Although, Yoshi Tatsu did wrestle with a broken fuckin' neck)

• Locked thread