Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Tunicate posted:

The best part of it was it had this serious, overdramatic ending. And then someone edited in the last line 'and Fred was there too'.

loving brutal

e: oh snap, new page. Have a decently creepy predator: With Many Voices

DeusExMachinima has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Nov 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamprey Cannon posted:

This is one I wrote something like three years ago. I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking at the time.

In Soviet Russia, spoon bends you!

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I remember it, and it was really bad. She was a beautiful misunderstood teenager held against her will who is also literally god in a future time line. Also, the coffee machine SCP hit on her.

And some people shipped her with the kid's lost calculator.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I remember it, and it was really bad. She was a beautiful misunderstood teenager held against her will who is also literally god in a future time line. Also, the coffee machine SCP hit on her.

Wow, it sure is a good thing there's no archive of it.

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
I have an old SCP-808 and Wanderlust archive I downloaded a few years ago, not sure where from.

Uploaded it if anyone's interested (my own hosting): http://www.koalatown.net/SCP-808_and_Wanderlust.zip

There used to be a ridiculous amount of articles with SCP-808 interactions, it was out of control.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Does anybody remember the number of the SCP that was a reality warping little girl? There was a pretty cool story/log thing associated with it where she became convinced that one of the scientists was out to get her, and since whatever she believed became true the scientist in question (Clef, I think) actually did begin to hate her and there was a whole mess based off that.

I remember it being a pretty cool read.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MinistryofLard posted:

Does anybody remember the number of the SCP that was a reality warping little girl? There was a pretty cool story/log thing associated with it where she became convinced that one of the scientists was out to get her, and since whatever she believed became true the scientist in question (Clef, I think) actually did begin to hate her and there was a whole mess based off that.

I remember it being a pretty cool read.

I think this is the current version of that: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-239

Right now it says that they're worried the girl might do such a thing, but an earlier version might have had it happen.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

I think this is it. e:f;b

That led to Incident 239-B, which then in turn got an abridged version for some reason.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Yeah both of those are now no longer linked from the 239 page, so they're not considered part of the current story. I think they got pruned and orphaned around the time they did a sweep to cut out a lot of the overused special named doctors crap.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yeah both of those are now no longer linked from the 239 page, so they're not considered part of the current story. I think they got pruned and orphaned around the time they did a sweep to cut out a lot of the overused special named doctors crap.
The only good special named doctor is Dr. King anyway. :colbert:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Basil Hayden posted:

The only good special named doctor is Dr. King anyway. :colbert:

There's a few other around there that also have normalish names. Frankly half the problem was there was a "Dr. Kain Pathos Crow" etc showing up in official reports even when the character wasn't godmoding a story.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

There's a few other around there that also have normalish names. Frankly half the problem was there was a "Dr. Kain Pathos Crow" etc showing up in official reports even when the character wasn't godmoding a story.

Jesus I'd forgotten how loving painful that name was.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr Kain or Dr Crow would've been fine, too. Gawd.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

RickVoid posted:

Jesus I'd forgotten how loving painful that name was.

That name would be so good on a serious researcher. "Look, just call me Dr. Crow, I didn't pick my name, my loving cultist parents did and even though my entire life here at SCP is a reminder that they were a bunch of goddamned loonies who dragged me into loonytown, it'd be nice to not have to go through this bullshit with every new agent... I'm sorry, it's just, just call me Dr. Crow, please."

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I binged on the SCP site a few years back, and I seem to recall some sort of an overarching plot about how the foundation is actually a mission given by God, or something otherwise suitably Abrahamic. And I think it was the dumbest poo poo.

Does that still exist, or has that been purged by now?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Attestant posted:

I binged on the SCP site a few years back, and I seem to recall some sort of an overarching plot about how the foundation is actually a mission given by God, or something otherwise suitably Abrahamic. And I think it was the dumbest poo poo.

Does that still exist, or has that been purged by now?

I don't remember any overarching plot. That might've been one of the possible SCP-001s. (They have a bunch).

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there is an overarching plot across a few where humanity were the slaves of the nephilim and one of the neph gods decided to doom the nephilim by freeing humans; then its peers attempted to destroy it for its betrayal, horribly wounding it. now a proto-abrahamic cult keeps it hidden from the notice of its peers via a ritual that also kills them with massive radiation poisoning while north korea's dictatorship is being propped up by the foundation to prevent some artifact's failsafe from turning humanity into slaves again and there was a third part i don't remember

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I remember some sort of short story or SCP-entry, where there is a divine being or watcher somewhere in the middle-east, that the Foundation founders first discovered, and it gave them the mission to protect humanity or whatever. I never quite liked it, because it really didn't mesh well with the more mundany weird-science parts of SCP.

I should read through the 001's and see if anything resembles it.

(edit) Actually I think this might be it, or what it has been rewritten in to: http://www.scp-wiki.net/dr-clef-s-proposal

(double edit) Yeah, most certainly this one: "On rare occasions, however, other directives have been given: the most famous of these is the one given to the Founder ("PREPARE")" I'm fairly sure there is a short story about the first meeting somewhere else on the site.

Attestant has a new favorite as of 10:00 on Nov 28, 2014

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Tollymain posted:

there is an overarching plot across a few where humanity were the slaves of the nephilim and one of the neph gods decided to doom the nephilim by freeing humans; then its peers attempted to destroy it for its betrayal, horribly wounding it. now a proto-abrahamic cult keeps it hidden from the notice of its peers via a ritual that also kills them with massive radiation poisoning while north korea's dictatorship is being propped up by the foundation to prevent some artifact's failsafe from turning humanity into slaves again and there was a third part i don't remember

That actually sounds pretty interesting...you wouldn't happen to know which SCP's or logs were involved, would you?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think they're both 1000s scps, but right now their exact designations escape me sorry

e: found one

ee: found the other

Tollymain has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Nov 28, 2014

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

This is Good. But remember, there is no canon. They really discourage multi-author crossovers/arcs these days, at least in the SCP section proper, and the site's better for it.

Tollymain posted:

Reminds me of another SCP (can't remember the number) where they found an underground abandoned Foundation facility that wasn't on any of their files. It had a reset button essentially that could clone everyone and create a world to save us from an apocalypse if necessary. Its computer logs show it had been used... :spooky:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeusExMachinima posted:

This is Good. But remember, there is no canon. They really discourage multi-author crossovers/arcs these days, at least in the SCP section proper, and the site's better for it.

Reminds me of another SCP (can't remember the number) where they found an underground abandoned Foundation facility that wasn't on any of their files. It had a reset button essentially that could clone everyone and create a world to save us from an apocalypse if necessary. Its computer logs show it had been used... :spooky:

yeah that's the one that won the contest for the 2000 slot

also it's not so much "it's been used" as it is "it's been in use for a very long time, so long that we literally have no idea how many times we've redone the 20th century by this point (but we know WWII wasn't part of the original pattern; this says bad things about our success rate, and with the machines failing..."

also, there's no guarantee that humanity is anything near what it once was, because they don't know if the clowning facilities falling into disrepair is just a recent event or the part where the slippery slope becomes unignorably steep

e: also it's not a multi-author crossover it's just two scps by the same writer that tie into each other's particular canon

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Mazed posted:

Kinda stumbled into this and read 093, which had awesome atmospheric surrealism that tends to define the better works of suspense, but man...they couldn'tve dropped the ball harder when they brought the reveal. Weird eldritch alien stuff is all well and good, but it was so eye-rollingly melodramatic about it, and "sinister religion" was used in such a tiresomely cliche fashion.

Are there any entries which set up a good premise but steadfastly avoid ruining it later?

SCP-860 is one of my favorite articles on the site; the logs set up a fantastic atmosphere. As mentioned earlier, 354 is a decent article as well. The exploration log has such fantastic build-up, but the end could use a nice fix-up.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

DeusExMachinima posted:

That was Yellowstone. It's been posted already but I'm damned if I can remember it's actual number. Might be a 001.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

A Classy Ghost posted:

There used to be a ridiculous amount of articles with SCP-808 interactions, it was out of control.

I think that was because of the guy who created (that version of) 808 adding her to all the other articles. This was back when crosstests were popular.

Later, Clef wrote a new version of 808. SCP-191 is still a cyborg girl who can instinctively communicate with machines, but with some important differences...

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Tollymain posted:

the clowning facilities

good idea for an scp entry right there

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Nintendo Kid posted:

I think this is the current version of that: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-239

Right now it says that they're worried the girl might do such a thing, but an earlier version might have had it happen.

Ah, great. Thanks for that. Its actually not too bad, if it wasn't for all the dumb named professors thing and Clef being Satan or some poo poo. I'd forgotten how bad old Foundation stuff was.

Still, some of the stuff in the story was alright (the idea of the girl deciding that Clef hated her made him compulsively try to kill her, the bit where they trick her into thinking she's a witch and then, to stop Clef and to stop her from realising what she can do they trick her with the "emergency spellbooks" - I dunno, I thought it was pretty cool. If it was done without the Clef-satan talking dog on a robot thing it would be really great.

Also the abridged version was pretty drat funny.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acne Rain posted:

:stonk:

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Acne Rain posted:

Clown Vaccine.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Acne Rain posted:

Space Station SCP 13

EDIT: gently caress, that could be its own entry all by itself.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Attestant posted:

(edit) Actually I think this might be it, or what it has been rewritten in to: http://www.scp-wiki.net/dr-clef-s-proposal

(double edit) Yeah, most certainly this one: "On rare occasions, however, other directives have been given: the most famous of these is the one given to the Founder ("PREPARE")" I'm fairly sure there is a short story about the first meeting somewhere else on the site.

This one accidentally became great due to the recycling of SCP numbers now meaning that one of the signs of the apocalypse is the activation of the surgeon crabs.

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
Oh, we're on the subject of number recycling?

"That's not necessary. I've fixed the page to be consistent with SCP-503. You may peruse it at your leisure."

http://www.scp-wiki.net/retrieval-log-db-503-b

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I clicked on this one at random and was pleasantly surprised. Cthulhu just wants you people to leave him alone.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.
In case no one has posted this one, here is http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1322 .

A wormhole that connects to an alternate universe. We manage to communicate with them, but then humanity ensues and we end up reenacting a tale of two cities, employing energy weapons, kinetic kill vehicles, nanobots and pathogens.

I'm a sucker for time and dimensional SCPs. Particularly the ones with exploration/survey logs.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I've always enjoyed reading that one, especially because of the idea that the Foundation caused everything that happened with the other side.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
I remember one I can't find, think it was an SCP, there was an entry about a pathetic creature... It was like a hedgehog or small rodent that cried all the time and was so sensitive to everything like dim light gave it second degree burns and gentle petting made its skin fall off or something like that

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Planet Piss posted:

I remember one I can't find, think it was an SCP, there was an entry about a pathetic creature... It was like a hedgehog or small rodent that cried all the time and was so sensitive to everything like dim light gave it second degree burns and gentle petting made its skin fall off or something like that

That would be SCP-1364, the Ultra-Vulnerable Mammal.

Hey, what's half of 1364?

TerryLennox posted:

In case no one has posted this one, here is http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1322 .

A wormhole that connects to an alternate universe. We manage to communicate with them, but then humanity ensues and we end up reenacting a tale of two cities, employing energy weapons, kinetic kill vehicles, nanobots and pathogens.

Incidentally, have you seen the story about what happened with that one in the timeline where the Foundation was never founded?

Parahexavoctal has a new favorite as of 15:11 on Nov 30, 2014

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Parahexavoctal posted:

Hey, what's half of 1364?

682-j and its addendum?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
wrong thread :shobon:

Old Boot has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

paranoid randroid posted:

I clicked on this one at random and was pleasantly surprised. Cthulhu just wants you people to leave him alone.

This is my new favorite. It's like commentary on the whole SCP thing in general, since it's been around for so long. You do start to feel like YOU'RE the SCP, and all these 13-year-old horror lotharios are experimenting on you to see if they can impress you with your grimdark, and you finally just want to read your newspaper in peace without getting pig testicles on your breakfast. I fuckin love it.