Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Bellri and Aida share a unique biological marker and at least one of them has recently been stated to possibly be adopted - so if there's a reason they couldn't be siblings then yea, I'm missing it. Do feel free to point it out though since I'm not gonna see it otherwise I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Darth Walrus posted:

The Capital is the only country on Earth that's supposed to have those sorts of capabilities, anyway. They've just started using their powers for evil.

And holy hell, they were pushing the Japanese-remilitarisation-is-kinda-creepy angle this episode. A bunch of manchildren going off to war in samurai-themed giant robots to a chorus of 'banzai's? Yyyep.

I love that without context, everything to do with the growth of the capital army is just sort of goofy and inept, but when you view all of it in the light of Tomino's opinions on war and Japanese history it all suddenly becomes really unnerving. It's cool that in the same way that the original Gundam was teaching kids about war, G-Reco is teaching them about how a country can get caught up in nationalism and militarisation.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

tsob posted:

Bellri and Aida share a unique biological marker and at least one of them has recently been stated to possibly be adopted - so if there's a reason they couldn't be siblings then yea, I'm missing it. Do feel free to point it out though since I'm not gonna see it otherwise I suppose.

Check your original post. You did not write "siblings".

Also it's amusing how this image is still Aida.png. I wonder if she'll ever grow to be a good pilot. As things are going, I'm guessing no.

That said this episode probably had the best fight scenes of the series and it was really enjoyable. Seems Raraiya's breaking out of her amnesia too, which should prove interesting.

Next ep: Klim's back, series is saved.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

tsob posted:

Read my post again.

And the Recsnow HGs had drat well better have a bandana option, that's all I'm saying.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Darth Walrus posted:

And the Recsnow HGs had drat well better have a bandana option, that's all I'm saying.

Those should be pretty easy to scratchbuild, dude.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tsob posted:

Not really. They speculated last episode about rumors that Bellri was adopted and despite Bellri having twigged a connection to Aida in the first episode, we're now over a third of the way through the show with them having spent time together every episode and there's no real romantic tension there as of yet. With Kerbes taking an immediate shine to Aida, and Aida treating the guy more friendly than she does Bellri already, presumably because there isn't the specter of a dead friend looming between them I would actually be surprised at this point if they did turn in to a romantic thing.

I predict they'll do what Lucas did with Luke and Leia in Star Wars - some sexual tension for a while, then the "you're siblings" surprise reveal near the end.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

John Carstairs posted:

Those should be pretty easy to scratchbuild, dude.

Certainly, but why would they not be an in-box option? C'mon, Bandai, you have raised the possibility of dressing our plastic robot Barbies in adorable hats. Don't hold out on us now. :colbert:

The Hecate totally needs a stetson.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Don't have much to say about the new episode that hasn't already been said but drat, gotta reiterate how exciting the combat is. Tomino being hella OCD about those storyboards really goes a long way. The Wuxia pilot as far as I could tell was just some random grunt but the battle against it was still shot in an exciting way and so it worked. Pretty big difference between that and how GBF Try treats its mooks.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Eggs

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I love the goofy-rear end fore/background animal antics. I hope they never stop, even when they go into space.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
G-Self flies by an asteroid with a Space Sloth chilling on it.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
This pretty much sums up the episode.

The entire series, really.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Azipod posted:

This pretty much sums up the episode.

The entire series, really.

From an animator's twitter:

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

So here's an interesting thing... look at this frame right before Bellri connects with his :rice: punch.

Aida's not only moving out of the way, she's got the Wuxia's left arm trapped!

She's helping! :thumbsup:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Azipod posted:

So here's an interesting thing... look at this frame right before Bellri connects with his :rice: punch.

Aida's not only moving out of the way, she's got the Wuxia's left arm trapped!

She's helping! :thumbsup:

She judo threw him earlier too, but he reversed it on her.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So what's with all that particle poo poo surrounding the G-Self this episode? Think it will be plot relevant a la GN Particles, or is it just a stylistic choice?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

So what's with all that particle poo poo surrounding the G-Self this episode? Think it will be plot relevant a la GN Particles, or is it just a stylistic choice?

It's pretty much impossible to tell until we see it in another episode or until someone mentions it.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Not sure, but we've seen the G-self do similar things on a number of occations, such as when it threw the particle 'silhouette' of itself at an attacker, or when it more or less disintegrated multiple opponents in... I think the fourth episode? Its probably some weird nano-machine/psychoframe thing. The G-Self pretty much does whatever the plot requires it to do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

It's pretty much impossible to tell until we see it in another episode or until someone mentions it.

It was either Bellri going on about Love that caused it, or the G-Self was overtuned from having to accomidate the High Torque Pack.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

It is clearly powered by guts and fighting spirit. :c00lbert:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Azipod posted:

It is clearly powered by guts and fighting spirit. :c00lbert:

The Gurren Lagaan homage was in Build Fighters, not G-Reco.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I was under the impression that the G-Self resonated with Bellri. I haven't looked again, but I also think Raraiya started acting even weirder after the resonance bit.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

All the suits are powered by those particles, they're what's in the photon batteries. I think the idea is that the G-Self can just weaponise them sometimes, instead of just using them as a power source.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Maybe it's got something to do with the built-in Mobile Trace system? :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Srice posted:

Don't have much to say about the new episode that hasn't already been said but drat, gotta reiterate how exciting the combat is. Tomino being hella OCD about those storyboards really goes a long way. The Wuxia pilot as far as I could tell was just some random grunt but the battle against it was still shot in an exciting way and so it worked. Pretty big difference between that and how GBF Try treats its mooks.

Nah, we've seen him before:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The way he was doing pull-ups off the Wuxia's cockpit door has me utterly convinced that Becker is Corin's grandad.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

jackhunter64 posted:

The way he was doing pull-ups off the Wuxia's cockpit door has me utterly convinced that Becker is Corin's grandad.

(Many times-great) grandson. :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Raxivace posted:

Foreshadowing the long lost technique of the Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken. :colbert:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Raxivace posted:

Presumably the same giga-I-field that g-selfs had going for a while now.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Photon Armor. Apparently it's supposed to be more durable yet even lighter than Gundarium armor. Also, the manual for the HG G-Arcane apparently notes that Ameria was unable to replicate the photon armor technology from the G-series blueprints.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ryas posted:

Photon Armor. Apparently it's supposed to be more durable yet even lighter than Gundarium armor. Also, the manual for the HG G-Arcane apparently notes that Ameria was unable to replicate the photon armor technology from the G-series blueprints.

So what is the G-Arcane, then? An imperfect Amerian design based off the Rose of Hermes blueprints, as opposed to a genuine article like the G-Self?

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

So what is the G-Arcane, then? An imperfect Amerian design based off the Rose of Hermes blueprints, as opposed to a genuine article like the G-Self?

Yes, actually. The one that Aida is piloting right now is Unit 1. Supposedly there will be a Unit 2 later with the Photon frame working properly, which will probably be around the time Aida actually becomes competent.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
So, this is G Gundam now? The super-man punch, suplexes, throws :allears:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm telling you guys, they're going to use the Elevator to build a boxing ring around the Earth, but none of you believe me. The threat from space will be the Statue of Liberty Death Star.

Reconguista in G Gundam 2014.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Ryas posted:

Yes, actually. The one that Aida is piloting right now is Unit 1. Supposedly there will be a Unit 2 later with the Photon frame working properly, which will probably be around the time Aida actually becomes competent.

It would be pretty funny if it turned out that Aida's problem this whole time was that she was stuck with suits that were secretly incredibly flawed.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope she gets a suit that specializes in holds and throws.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just got caught up with the series. At least the Montero died doing what it loved, exploding.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
This episode was fantastic and now I'm a fan. Good job sunrise, have some more of my money, I'll take those unsold HG grimoires.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ka0 posted:

This episode was fantastic and now I'm a fan. Good job sunrise, have some more of my money, I'll take those unsold HG grimoires.

Judging by the gunpla thread, the Grimoire as a gunpla than the series it came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
This is probably a good show to be dubbed and aired on regular channels because so far there's not much objectionable and it's a pretty family-friendly affair. Sure two dudes died but they weren't in particularly violent ways.

I mean people suggested that for AGE but uh, we're pretty grateful that didn't happen as some serious poo poo went down there and in general it was dreadful and we never want our children to even hear of it. This is actually a good show though so

• Locked thread