Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I just felt bad for putting only just one thing in there. v:shobon:v

I hope you like it, EM! I love the hell out of Cold City, but it's definitely one of those games that lives or dies based on the players, and the system is sort of just an excuse for a cool premise.

Man, gently caress, forget finding a copy of Synnibarr 1E, finding a picture of the cover was entirely a stroke of luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Siivola posted:

...I'm starting to feel bad for buying a gift for exactly $30 and not doing anything cool with it. :ohdearsass:

Hey I paid the nice wage-slaves at Amazon good money to wrap my thing!

Of course, my Santee had some odd requests; nothing at all I was going to find locally soo...

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Just about to head to work, and what do we have here?

Secret Santa time! What could possibly be inside? Perhaps the tags are a hint...

Could it be...?

Reinforcements! Just what every Imperial pilot wants for Christmas. Thanks, SquadronROE!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

grassy gnoll posted:

I just felt bad for putting only just one thing in there. v:shobon:v

I hope you like it, EM! I love the hell out of Cold City, but it's definitely one of those games that lives or dies based on the players, and the system is sort of just an excuse for a cool premise.

I love everything about this. :3:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My present arrived! I got a Kamen Rider Wizard action figure thing (box doesn't look like a figuarts, but it looks well articulated), some Kamen Rider tree ornaments, and a Gorisaki that apparently talks or something. Haven't unboxed anything yet, and pictures will be forthcoming when my phone isn't being dumb. It's nice to have some Kamen Rider merch to accompany my Sentai stuff! I've been trying to decide what Rider series to watch, and I'll let the Christmas ornaments decide!

Thanks Santa!!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Dear Deranged AI,

The Empire will not forget your generous support in our campaign to rid the galaxy of rebellious scum.

Thanks!

Inside the card is nothing but 0000000000000000000000 :psylon:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Dulkor posted:

Just about to head to work, and what do we have here?

Secret Santa time! What could possibly be inside? Perhaps the tags are a hint...

Could it be...?

Reinforcements! Just what every Imperial pilot wants for Christmas. Thanks, SquadronROE!

Great! I just got a delay notification tonight, so I was a little worried. Really glad you enjoy the gifts. Put them to good use.

Honestly, if you're looking to spice things up a bit, I recommend doing an Imperial vs. Imperial game.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

LeSquide posted:

I'd like to thank my Secret Santa for making me a magical drug dealer! At least in Malifaux.

Now I just need to go get some plastic glue!

Theres something else coming too, I just haven't mailed it out yet. :ghost:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I just received Warbirds, but I had to get going to work. Thanks! I'd had some interest, though I don't think I mentioned it. I'll post pictures tomorrow, and then get to reading.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Krysmphoenix posted:

My secret santa gift arrived while I am knee deep in homework. I'll take pictures either later tonight or tomorrow when I'm not going crazy about convolutions.

Enjoy santee!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Holy poo poo, that fake Synnibarr cover. Holy poo poo. Definitely have to step up my Santa game now...

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Antivehicular posted:

Holy poo poo, that fake Synnibarr cover. Holy poo poo. Definitely have to step up my Santa game now...

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous I didn't think of/get that.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Dear Deranged AI,

The Empire will not forget your generous support in our campaign to rid the galaxy of rebellious scum.

Thanks!

Inside the card is nothing but 0000000000000000000000 :psylon:

There was supposed to be three cards. :sassargh: First one had an N at the start, 3rd one was - Darth. Merry Christmas! :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ettin posted:

My Santa made me look bad by sending their gift while I was still debating mine:

It was my birthday yesterday and I'm playing Carcassonne tomorrow though, so good timing! Thanks, stranger! :3:

So how did Hills & Sheep go? Finding recommendations for a good expansion not in BB4 was like trying to use the Board Game thread to find a good game - everyone hates everything, especially the thing you just decided would be best, but especially the thing you just switched to because of all the negativity on your first choice.

The Board game thread seems to hate love letter too, but gently caress em, I know better :argh:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

NTRabbit posted:

The Board game thread seems to hate love letter too, but gently caress em, I know better :argh:

How is that possible?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Chekans 3 16 posted:

There was supposed to be three cards. :sassargh: First one had an N at the start, 3rd one was - Darth. Merry Christmas! :v:

Hahaha, that makes waaaaay more sense.

I have been working almost nonstop through the holidays, and its been great coming home and finding something on the doorstep this week. I've got Monday off at least, so I can finish getting more things sent out.

Thanks Santas!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I have confirmed that a box from Amazon has arrived on my doorstep; I'm going to wait till Christmas before I open it.

On another tangent, Odin Yule-Father has just left ready to gift the first lucky Santee; I must warn that it may come in two separate packages.

OK since you're a madman doing FOUR gift exchanges, and you're not opening your gifts till xmas, could you to email me some kind of identifying info from your package so that I can mark whose gifts have arrived, and also let your Secret Santa know? I'd appreciate that.

Also can you let me know who is getting two packages? Obviously your santee doesn't know he or she is your santee, so he or she won't know to expect two packages...

I'm addressing AAI here, but actually I mean all of you: I try to track who has sent things and who has received things and if you can make that possible for me I would deeply appreciate it. If you prefer to just send me something via email rather than post, that's perfectly fine.

Generally what I want to track are status notes like bought/ordered/shipped/received/opened, and if there's multiple items, I'll have a note like received 1/2, shipped 2/2, etc. I track this for every santa-santee pairing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah! Also! We have eight goons in LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 1, so I'm closing that round (and I've just sent out the emails). That means it's time for

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND TWO!

You can read about the rules in this post. I'll leave this round open from today until either December 6th, or we have 8 participants, whichever happens first!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 30, 2014

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Plague of Hats posted:

I just received Warbirds, but I had to get going to work. Thanks! I'd had some interest, though I don't think I mentioned it. I'll post pictures tomorrow, and then get to reading.

Enjoy, sir! I was one of the campaign backers and have been running a game for the last six months. As soon as I saw print on demand RPG books were on your list I thought it was a fun choice.

Curious to see what you think of it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Passing on a second thank you on behalf of my cat. The amazon box that my gift came in is apparently very comfy.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Status update: I have my gift in-hand, and hopefully it will be bedazzled and in the mail on Tuesday! I'm not gonna match the World of Synnibunn, but hopefully it'll be good fun.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Oh yeah! Also! We have eight goons in LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 1, so I'm closing that round (and I've just sent out the emails). That means it's time for

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND TWO!

You can read about the rules in this post. I'll leave this round open from today until either December 6th, or we have 8 participants, whichever happens first!

I got a much better Christmas bonus than I was expecting so sign me up for Round 2! :3:

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Awww Yisssss TGSS! :dance:

Gift Preferences Board, card, and video games. I own a ton, so same as last year I'll link my CSI wishlist: Wishlist. I would also love something handmade, bad christmas music, or something weird. (No dongs)

Please don't send: Anime, war games, or minis.

General Location Los Angeles county, California.

Solemn Vow I will fulfill the financial obligation I'm promising to, and I hope they like it. :ohdear:

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Nov 30, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Oh hey, I got an e-delivery!

A whole mess of Castle Falkenstein PDFs! Neat! I've heard a little about it, so it'll be fun to read through them. Thanks secret santa!

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

No Pun Intended posted:

TGSS is the best SS

Gift Preferences:Self contained RPGs, Interesting Miniatures, Art Books, Steam games. Board and card games are ok; but I'd prefer something different this year. Since it is 100 years since the start of WWI and I am a big WWI nerd things related to that would be cool too.

Please don't get me : I have enough Munchkin sets and Last year I got Star Trek attack wing and Netrunner. My Santa will be provided a list of stuff I already have.

General Location: New Zealand (I can provide options for local or free international shipping if you get stuck).

Solemn Vow: Although I'll have cut down on the exotic meats and exquisite liquors; I will not Grinch my Santee. Although they might get 1000's of dong.

Since I love goons and hate money; Sign me up for LR II!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

NTRabbit posted:

The Board game thread loves Love Letter, it's one of our favourite short games.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Tekopo posted:

The Board game thread loves Love Letter, it's one of our favourite short games.

I was browsing for suggestions a while back and found a few people who thought it was bad. I was browsing last week for suggestions and found Kemet, a game I thought was also universally loved, was getting pantsed too.

It's the goon condition, in every suggestion and opinion thread everything is hated by enough people to form an opinion bloc.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

I was browsing for suggestions a while back and found a few people who thought it was bad. I was browsing last week for suggestions and found Kemet, a game I thought was also universally loved, was getting pantsed too.

It's the goon condition, in every suggestion and opinion thread everything is hated by enough people to form an opinion bloc.
Well there were loads of people loving and defending Kemet as well, and one guy arguing that it had a broken strategy. There are going to be a few people that dislike specific games but if you ask the thread if they like Love Letter or Kemet the majority of people will say yes, because they are both good games.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Tekopo posted:

Well there were loads of people loving and defending Kemet as well, and one guy arguing that it had a broken strategy. There are going to be a few people that dislike specific games but if you ask the thread if they like Love Letter or Kemet the majority of people will say yes, because they are both good games.

My point was that I've found that thread to be confusing and ultimately unhelpful whenever I've needed an answer to the question "Is this game any good and Should I buy it?"

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

My point was that I've found that thread to be confusing and ultimately unhelpful whenever I've needed an answer to the question "Is this game any good and Should I buy it?"
I don't know, I've always found it helpful if you ask a direct question in it. There are a lot of different people with a lot of different tastes within it, I think having a universal consensus in the thread would not be a good thing. You can take the good and the bad that people point out and make your own decision on it.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

So how did Hills & Sheep go? Finding recommendations for a good expansion not in BB4 was like trying to use the Board Game thread to find a good game - everyone hates everything, especially the thing you just decided would be best, but especially the thing you just switched to because of all the negativity on your first choice.

We ended up putting it off until our actual weekly game night in a few days (this was a birthday celebration and Carcassonne ended up squeezed in between Eldritch Horror and Cards Against Humanity), but I had the others look over it and things seem promising. One guy doesn't like the look of some of the new city tiles but it's probably not a deal breaker. Even if it doesn't get used I have other friends I game with so I should have a play report within a week! :toot:

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Placed an order, hopefully I didn't mess up too bad!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Bonus lightning ordered!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I think I've finally picked out my Santee's gifts after days of agonizing. :ohdearsass:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning Round I gift is ordered!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Theres something else coming too, I just haven't mailed it out yet. :ghost:

Awww yiss the anticipation!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

LeSquide posted:

Awww yiss the anticipation!

In do love this time, the knowledge something great is coming, but not knowing what it is or when it is coming.

Today, a parcel van arrived outside of my house. I got exited for a second until finding out it was the 360m of Clingfilm my wife had ordered.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

My gift is in my hands, but I will not be opening it until Christmas. But it's here, never fear!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
This year's present squares off against last year's...a battle for the ages!

EDIT: Let's not break tables.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I have received one package from Santa and a stylish postcard telling me to expect a second one soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Another box from Amazon has arrived in the mail. Like the previous package, I'll wait till Christmas before I open it. Wouldn't feel right to open this now when Christmas is still far away.

• Locked thread