Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
To my Santa, thank you for the LITKO Game Accessories gift certificate. I ended up ordering two things:

Army Painter, Paint Brush Most Wanted Set (3)
LITKO Upgrade Set for Flash Point, Fire Rescue (128)

With your certificate and the black cyber discount, it ended up being around $50 bux off!

With your help, I am taking a much needed step into miniature painting and my copy of Flash Point will be pretty customized! This is great given that my current PhD work has been in crisis response and disaster management.

Thanks again santa!...whoever you are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm caught up!

Also, thanks Not So Secret Santa Spincut! I received my copy of The Hobbit: Over Hill and Under Hill (expansion for the Lord of the Rings LCG), and Coup, which looks like a really cool fast-paced game (plays in 15 minutes!).

Along with my Steam game this is a pretty sweet pile of loot. You are a good goon.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm caught up!

Also, thanks Not So Secret Santa Spincut! I received my copy of The Hobbit: Over Hill and Under Hill (expansion for the Lord of the Rings LCG), and Coup, which looks like a really cool fast-paced game (plays in 15 minutes!).

Along with my Steam game this is a pretty sweet pile of loot. You are a good goon.

Sweet! Glad you like them!

I like Coup. It's a great, quick little game and it works well with a wide range of players. So hopefully you like it too!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm just waiting for the year when Leperflesh says "gently caress it" and gives every participant his own name and address and makes out with a pile of 75+ gifts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Wait a minute, I didn't order anything from the combat company...

Woo, thanks Santa! :buddy:

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Package away, mission complete. Didn't even have to pay shipping; I love riding on someone else's amazon prime membership.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Wait a minute, I didn't order anything from the combat company...

Woo, thanks Santa! :buddy:
You're welcome!
I skipped past the part where I could ask for giftwrapping etc, my bad. Given you seem to like elven armies (your Google doc was a big help, actually!) I figured they'd be the closest thing to it in Malifaux.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Elves are in fact the best, and that includes space elves and steampunk elves :colbert: Dwarves are a close second though. I like my google army doc, it's not as pretty as a website catalogue but it's easy to keep, nice to see it was useful!

Also TCC was giving out a pair of free TCC dice with every order until they ran out, and they glow in the dark! I'm all about glow in the dark

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 1, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Elves are in fact the best, and that includes space elves and steampunk elves :colbert: Dwarves are a close second though. I like my google army doc, it's not as pretty as a website catalogue but it's easy to keep, nice to see it was useful!

Also TCC was giving out a pair of free TCC dice with every order until they ran out, and they glow in the dark! I'm all about glow in the dark
I didn't even know they were giving away free dice, it's like an extra present that I didn't have to pay for which is great, because I'm a poor student! :yayclod:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Grr... looks like I have do some angry shouting at people. Half the stuff I ordered for my Santee hasn't turned up yet, it was meant to be here before the weekend. Annoying since it's a company I've used in the past and they're normally reliable!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'm also getting delays for my main round gift. It was meant to be there the 27th but they said it would be 1-2 business days late. I'm hoping it arrives either today or tomorrow.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I ordered two things for my santee; one item is in my hands for wrapping and redelivery, but the other hasn't arrived yet - my plan is to give it until the end of this week then mail whatever I have, so they'll get something before the deadline and maybe a second package later on depending on how it works out.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I picked up enough over-time to join Round 2. Why the hell not?

Original post here, also I'm good on X-Wing for now, thanks!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Mine is apparently still in transit, even though I thought it was supposed to be there by now.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Estimated delivery for my main item (to my address) is the 10th, so I'll have everything to my Santee shortly after that.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Ahh, the joys of Xmas postal service. Everyone buying stuff at the same time!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I got my gift!

Pretty sure this is from Galaspar - thanks! (and if not, I apologize and thank you still!)

Also I feel bad for being busy last week and during the weekend, so my Santee's gift (ordered today) is on its way with expedited shipping - you should get it this week!

I may join the second Lightning Round, just have to check my finances!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

krushgroove posted:

I got my gift!

Pretty sure this is from Galaspar - thanks! (and if not, I apologize and thank you still!)

Yes, that was me. Have a very happy Christmas!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

Grr... looks like I have do some angry shouting at people. Half the stuff I ordered for my Santee hasn't turned up yet, it was meant to be here before the weekend. Annoying since it's a company I've used in the past and they're normally reliable!

Belay that, it just turned up now. Will get stuff packed n wrapped this week and sent out Friday!

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I'm very happy that my gift was well enjoyed :toot: (and I honestly have no idea how secret I should keep who it was that I gifted to :v: )

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm down for the Lightning Round (2, is it?)

My deets are here and I'll be sending an email to Top Goon Leperflesh.

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

Posted my present to the Santee today, should be with you soon!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Kerzoro posted:

I'm very happy that my gift was well enjoyed :toot: (and I honestly have no idea how secret I should keep who it was that I gifted to :v: )

Basically, be as secretive or not as you want to be. If you want to say, "Hey [Goon X], that was me, glad you liked it!" Go ahead. If you want to keep it a mystery, then do that instead!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I have received a thing! And such a thing! It's a Forge World mortar team.

Many thanks mystery goon!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spincut posted:

Basically, be as secretive or not as you want to be. If you want to say, "Hey [Goon X], that was me, glad you liked it!" Go ahead. If you want to keep it a mystery, then do that instead!

This is exactly right. I will ask goons to pierce the mysterious veil of secrecy if there's any problem or doubt or issue with a gift, but otherwise, you have the option to remain anonymous, but are welcome to reveal yourself if you like.

I personally think it's more fun in the latter case, because it creates these little connections between TG goons who might not otherwise know each other. But I also understand the motivations to stay anonymous.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Where are people getting these nifty trad-gamey cards at?

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

This is exactly right. I will ask goons to pierce the mysterious veil of secrecy if there's any problem or doubt or issue with a gift, but otherwise, you have the option to remain anonymous, but are welcome to reveal yourself if you like.

I personally think it's more fun in the latter case, because it creates these little connections between TG goons who might not otherwise know each other. But I also understand the motivations to stay anonymous.

I see!

So... yeah. Hey Gravy Train, I hope you enjoy your books and dice and stuff! I was actually surprised on how the dice bag came packed. Looks pretty neat that way. :toot:

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My lightning round 1 gifts are away! One should arrive on Thursday and the other will come on Friday.

I need to check my finances to see if I can do Lightning Round 2, but I'll shoot off an email if I can.

EDIT: Ah, what the hell, I'll sign up. Original post is here!

Spincut fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 1, 2014

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

Spincut posted:

Oh hey, I got an e-delivery!

A whole mess of Castle Falkenstein PDFs! Neat! I've heard a little about it, so it'll be fun to read through them. Thanks secret santa!

Belatedly, I hope that they bring you joy--Falkenstein is a fun setting that mostly manages its historical conceits well, mostly by sticking hard to Europe.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

As promised: The package is away! The package is away! Tracking box says 1-3 days, so it should be pretty quick.

Bonus points to the hubby who found the perfect present while I was fretting in the back corner of the game shoppe.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Lightning Round 1 presents are away! :)

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Kerzoro posted:

I see!

So... yeah. Hey Gravy Train, I hope you enjoy your books and dice and stuff! I was actually surprised on how the dice bag came packed. Looks pretty neat that way. :toot:

Thanks! I can't wait to use them, and I pretty much poured over the books that night :)

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Lightning Round I gifts ordered and paymented and Awaiting Fulfillment (not my italics).

e: Augh! Something that was in stock is now not in stock, so I had to pick another thing that was in stock. Other than that, we're all good still.

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 2, 2014

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Galaspar posted:

I have received a thing! And such a thing! It's a Forge World mortar team.

Many thanks mystery goon!
You're welcome! I really hope you don't have a whole bunch of those already.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
I will sign up for round 2!

I have been an ok guy having recently been promoted to undergraduate director of a program recently. I am busy as hell but the work is fun. In addition, my work with nasa / los alamos is heating up and we're starting to get ready to look for another wave of funding since ours runs out at the end of next year. My work in crisis management simulation should start heating up in the next year and my dissertation is beginning to become more real.

Everything is exciting right now but i'm too busy to realize it. So, at this point, I am looking for games I haven't heard of (that is a lot).

I'm also looking for games that fill holes in my collection.

Or games to help me relax! Or things to help me relax.

Typing this has stressed me out. Goodness.

PuttyKnife fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 2, 2014

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I have received information that a package containing 1x D&D PHB has turned up at my house! I don't know if they've identified themselves; but thank you very much Santa, you beautiful creature you.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
What's this? There's magic in the air!

This looks awesome Santa! It seems like Romance of the Three Kingdoms meets Lords of Waterdeep. I'm excited to try this out. Thanks!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I ventured out into the freezing cold to retrieve a mysterious package! It proved to be a cat-sized box filled with packing peanuts from a mysterious jolly person who clearly wanted to entertain my cats.

Oh, and I suppose there was this, too:

Thanks, Santa!

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I was too hung over to go answer the door, but luckily my roommate wasn't!

Thank you, Santa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I have acquired:

Deck sleeves.

Cat toy.

And a PDF of a 13th Age splatbook about (I think) a wizard subclass.

I am not sure who my santa is though because they didn't include their username anywhere.

• Locked thread