Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

weekly font posted:

If you're into WHM Spoilers, there's a doozy added to Jupin's Letterboxd Episode List.

To be fair, they did say that they were going to do that movie when it was back on Netflix. I expect lots of cheers and Spock jokes Personally I still think they should have done the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bobkatt013 posted:

To be fair, they did say that they were going to do that movie when it was back on Netflix. I expect lots of cheers and Spock jokes Personally I still think they should have done the sequel.

Yeah we knew this week was coming but the one after Jingle All The Way 2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

Yeah we knew this week was coming but the one after Jingle All The Way 2.

Oh drat. I did not even notice it until you mentioned it. That shall be a good one.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

The Duke posted:

And sometime Y,ITB fan club :awesome:

:respek:

Every time I see this thread has a bunch of updates I hope it's because Yeah Its That Bad is coming back. No, it wasn't perfect, but it was a lot of fun hanging out with those guys every week.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

ninjahedgehog posted:

:respek:

Every time I see this thread has a bunch of updates I hope it's because Yeah Its That Bad is coming back. No, it wasn't perfect, but it was a lot of fun hanging out with those guys every week.

That captures YITB perfectly. I just found them very personable - they weren't selling anything, weren't encouraging you to come to their event, weren't trying to tell you how wacky and crazy they were. Just a bunch of affable, funny guys it was cool to spend time with.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Agreed. I listened to some old YITB episodes recently, and while I think that WHM is definitely better, I loved the dynamic they had with each other (and that they were three distinct personalities on the podcast.) It was silly at times, but usually great fun.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Sometimes a random YITB catchphrase will pop into my head, and then I get sad. Fuckers On The Internet really have to ruin everything, don't they?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I still call friends of mine "weak, weak men" from time to time and rate movies on the beefcake scale.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Whenever I even *hear* the word beefcake, it's in the voices of Joel, Martin and Kevin.

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me

bobservo posted:

Sometimes a random YITB catchphrase will pop into my head, and then I get sad. Fuckers On The Internet really have to ruin everything, don't they?

Does anybody know what actually happened to those dudes?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

They were all pretty adamant about being anonymous internet guys and not having those personalities conflict with their real world office jobs. It seems like they pulled the plug early due to this concern rather than some sort of actual conflict occurring though. The specifics were never addressed clearly but the guys seemed to have a "people always have to go and ruin things" attitude. This was posted a bunch of places that were discussing the end of the show, it may be the inciting leak? If not it's the essential issue distilled:

quote:

Well, I warned them! My college friends and I have a pretty popular blog and need to do this. We listen to this show every week and love it, but, we didn't think it was fair that the guys remained such a mystery. That's really the only thing we all had a problem with. So, after months of digging, we were going to do an unveiling of the men behind the podcast on our own podcast on Wednesday, July 31! So, we sent Joel an email and he said that if we post this, that all their jobs were in jeopardy and they would be fired for doing this podcast. We knew that was bogus. So, for all you hardcore fans out there, here's some "Yeah, it's that bad trivia" to use at your next party! Martin **** - (no relation to the famous ****) he's the lead graphic designer working at **** somewhere in the Northeast. Kevin **** - he's a CPA and an operations manager for **** and used to work at **** a few years ago. We're still looking into Joel, who remains very undercover but we do know his last name is ****! We have some pictures of the guys, as well! See, they're just normal guys! We love the show and just wanted the hosts to not remain such a mystery anymore!!!!! Thanks guys!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
The sense of smug entitlement in that post makes me mad every time I read it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
People weren't happy with Woodward and Bernstein, either.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

The Modern Leper posted:

Agreed. "For just a few of these internet fame coins, I'm going to go against someone's express wishes and ruin their cherished thing! It's a laff!"

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

People weren't happy with Woodward and Bernstein, either.

This seems like a good time to recommend the latest Blame it on Outer Space where Patrick Stewart tackles the subject of Shakespeare not being the author of his own stories.

http://www.blameitonouterspace.com/

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Modern Leper posted:

Yeah, I was never big on the show but what the gently caress even is this? How big of a oval office do you have to be to dig up dirt on random internet pseudo-pseudo-celebs. Who gives a poo poo?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Modern Leper posted:

Thanks guys!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

outlier posted:

Agreed. "For just a few of these internet fame coins, I'm going to go against someone's express wishes and ruin their cherished thing! It's a laff!"

I don't even read it like that; it seems more "we want to know more about the guys behind the podcast, but since they won't reveal their private lives we have NO CHOICE but to invade their privacy!" with a side-order of "it's for their own good really".

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me
podcast paparazzi snapping pics of henry zebrowski at the bodega

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The new WHM on Three Men and a Baby is a great episode. I had been thinking that the show is strongest when they embrace a character right from the start and have a running gag, like Cobra Commander in China O'Brian or Cloudy in The Pallbearer, and here we get a put upon doorman that is fantastic. Having a ridiculous character chiming in and commenting on the events really helps the humor, I loved the doorman putting up with the three men's sexual escapades and trying to justify why they would need a baby, a horse, and a policeman.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Haha, I was just coming to the thread to post about what a gift to the episode Joe the Doorman was.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I also really liked WHM's ideas of other insane escapades the "Three Men" could have gotten themselves into, such as Three Men and a Cursed Idol, or Three Men and the Woman Buried Behind the Mural, and what the movie actually is which is Three Men and a Creepy Sex Cult. I feel like there has to also be a Three Men and a Heist prequel to explain how the gently caress they got that penthouse apartment.

Overall a really fun episode, and I haven't even finished listening to it yet.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Can anyone explain to me like I'm 5 what the Sebulba and Secundus WHM running jokes are about?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Tomahawk posted:

Can anyone explain to me like I'm 5 what the Sebulba and Secundus WHM running jokes are about?

They're about the Abraxas episode, which is a pro-listen.

Edit: I mean the Secundus bit

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 3, 2014

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Tomahawk posted:

Sebulba is that lame podracer alien from Star Wars Episode I, which is usually a rib on George Lucas' lame ideas, and Secundus is the villain from WHM classic Abraxas - Guardian of the Universe.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

This is a pretty exhaustive blog post about the demise of YITB.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tomahawk posted:

They're positive Sebulba is a sign Lucas was high out of his mind when making Star Wars, and Secundus is a dude from Abraxis with a stupid name and voice.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

A Meat posted:

I also really liked WHM's ideas of other insane escapades the "Three Men" could have gotten themselves into, such as Three Men and a Cursed Idol, or Three Men and the Woman Buried Behind the Mural, and what the movie actually is which is Three Men and a Creepy Sex Cult. I feel like there has to also be a Three Men and a Heist prequel to explain how the gently caress they got that penthouse apartment.

Overall a really fun episode, and I haven't even finished listening to it yet.

Oh man, I laughed so hard at the bit about the mural of them dancing on the woman's grave, loving hell.
For some reason I always mixed this movie up in my mind with Baby's Day Out. Both of them were a bit before my time, but I think I might have seen trailers for them on video store VHS tapes.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Tomahawk posted:

The "probably Secundus" bit is actually one of their more concentrated ones, they riff on the character a little throughout the Abraxas episode but the memorable gag they do is pretty much just the last 10 minutes. It's them imagining if Secundus kept following Abraxas around in lovely disguises after his defeat.

Sebulba is more of a real running joke, they've mentioned it in like a dozen episodes now whenever George Lucas comes up. I think it might be mainly Steve's gag, it can be hard to tell through the voice. I actually don't remember which episode it started in. Just remember that no matter what the project is, Sebulba is available. You know, Steven, once those models are made, they're good forever. They don't get old and die like Sir Alec did.

My favorite part of the Lucas voice is that his lovely Star Wars ideas are always being pitched to Steven Spielberg.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I know the Lucas jokes started in the Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull episode, but I don't think they started making it about Sebulba until later? Either way that episode is amazing so it's worth a listen.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I hope you're loving happy WHM, you got me to download Jingle All The Way 2 in anticipation of next week's episode.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Maduo posted:

I know the Lucas jokes started in the Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull episode, but I don't think they started making it about Sebulba until later? Either way that episode is amazing so it's worth a listen.

They had lots of Lucas jokes in the Ewok episodes. I still love their discussion on who cared the least about being in a Star Wars film. I agree with everyone who says that Joe the Doorman is a highlight of a great episode.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Maduo posted:

They have done an Episode I podcast, and said at the end of it there is no way there will do II & III.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Oh right I completely forgot about those, welp.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I rented Jingle All The Way 2 on Amazon and I'm not even 15 minutes in and I want to die.

Spoiler alert guys, Larry's a lovable trash person fighting a snobby jerk who married his ex for his daughter's love by being a giant manbaby.

The WHM are gonna hate this.

Also ~COOL BEANS~ is the new ~HEY COOL~

edit: I'm really trying not to TVIV this but the evil rich guy is a super nice guy who just wants his stepdaughter to love him and Larry is a spiteful rear end in a top hat. This is the heroic conflict.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 8, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I watched it too and it's amazing how much more fun their account of the first one sounds. It's so tame and by the numbers there just isn't anything there. By the third act I would have killed for a lovely Jim Belushi cameo or an insane setpiece where Larry puts on a Not-Iron-Man suit to fight a cartoonishly evil Sinbad. Or any of the dumb poo poo they had on their bingo cards.

quote:

the evil rich guy is a super nice guy who just wants his stepdaughter to love him and Larry is a spiteful rear end in a top hat.
They're both assholes whose first thought when they see a little girl write a letter to Santa is "oooh this might give me an edge over the other dad in the picture".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

edit: I'm really trying not to TVIV this but the evil rich guy is a super nice guy who just wants his stepdaughter to love him and Larry is a spiteful rear end in a top hat. This is the heroic conflict.

So it's Mrs. Doubtfire 2?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Illinois Smith posted:

I watched it too and it's amazing how much more fun their account of the first one sounds. It's so tame and by the numbers there just isn't anything there. By the third act I would have killed for a lovely Jim Belushi cameo or an insane setpiece where Larry puts on a Not-Iron-Man suit to fight a cartoonishly evil Sinbad. Or any of the dumb poo poo they had on their bingo cards.

They're both assholes whose first thought when they see a little girl write a letter to Santa is "oooh this might give me an edge over the other dad in the picture".

I would argue the rich guy is pushed to that when Larry spends the entire first act aggressively trying to upstage him in the most spiteful, mocking, way possible constantly in front of his stepdaughter and wife. He becomes a dick, but only because he's dealing with an animal man.

And yea, this movie, even if it wasn't garbage, isn't worth the Jingle All the Way name. There's no action, no crazy poo poo like Arnold in the suit, most of the movie is just Larry going 'hey you got this toy? No? Ok.' because for some reason the majority of it takes place, what, the week before Christmas eve?

Evil Mastermind posted:

So it's Mrs. Doubtfire 2?

Even WITH the now added factor of that not existing movie co-opting a dead man's franchise, I would buy a ticket to Mrs Doubtfire 2 before I watch this poo poo again.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

And yea, this movie, even if it wasn't garbage, isn't worth the Jingle All the Way name.
That is quite a low bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Their first scene together is New Dad going "yeah, I know you two are her parents and you've got this poo poo figured out with alternating years and such, but I really, really want the kid to spend _____ with me because it's terribly importannt that she likes me the most." Not saying Larry isn't an rear end in a top hat, just that New Dad isn't Pierce Brosnan in Mrs. Doubtfire.