Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Really it sad how dire the booking is for WWE's tag teams. I mean hell in NXT they are properly booking the feud between challengers and champs for the tag titles. Have both teams fight different teams and win, then have the heel challengers mock the champs in segments. Its simple and effective, but then again they only got an hour so I'd imagine if they had 3 hours plus an 1 hour of Main Event, plus 2 hours of Smackdown it would get diluted too.

I think NXT only has like 5 teams too.

Also I just realized, Vince doesn't want to push him because of his voice and yet they pushed loving Great Khali to the moon for a while.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

super macho dude posted:

For instance, before the Dusts turned heel, there was that moment when Stardust went to apologize for loving up an Uso's leg. But no. They clobber him like a couple douchebags.

Just like how Gold and Stardust clobbered the Uso's leg with a steel chair the week before.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Literally every wwe employee who wrestles on raw or smackdown every single week has the same basic match over and over again so that stuff really never bothered me.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

oatgan posted:

Literally every wwe employee who wrestles on raw or smackdown every single week has the same basic match over and over again so that stuff really never bothered me.
Yeah its just their style and I enjoy the times when they do some things a little different; if I'm in the mood for different matches with different pacing I'll watch Indy's/NJPW

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

super macho dude posted:

The Uso twins are just so obnoxious to me. They get pushed as super babyfaces, but consistently pull frat bro dick moves and not in a funny ironic way. For instance, before the Dusts turned heel, there was that moment when Stardust went to apologize for loving up an Uso's leg. But no. They clobber him like a couple douchebags.

Then there's the new Miz angle. Jay (or the other one, I dunno) stiffs the poo poo out of Miz for the IMPLICATION of even hitting on Naomi. Thats like some classic abusive relationship material right there.

Maybe thats what WWE is going for? I just dont know anymore :smith:

in a fake world where coworkers solve their issues through violence and fights it shouldn't be unreasonable for people on both sides to react in these ways

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cesaro mixes it up quite a bit. Or at the very least he throws his uppercuts from more and more improbable places.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

super macho dude posted:

The Uso twins are just so obnoxious to me. They get pushed as super babyfaces, but consistently pull frat bro dick moves and not in a funny ironic way. For instance, before the Dusts turned heel, there was that moment when Stardust went to apologize for loving up an Uso's leg. But no. They clobber him like a couple douchebags.

Then there's the new Miz angle. Jay (or the other one, I dunno) stiffs the poo poo out of Miz for the IMPLICATION of even hitting on Naomi. Thats like some classic abusive relationship material right there.

Maybe thats what WWE is going for? I just dont know anymore :smith:

I actually totally got a "jealous abusive rear end in a top hat" vibe from that segment last night. With the way the other Uso came out to calm him and Miz was immediately apologetic and begged off and the serious quiet voice the announcers used. It had me figuring that next week there will be a segment where Naomi gets mad at her husband for overreacting and messing up her chance for a break and the title match will end with him losing his cool costing the Usos the match.

Basically I think the Uso haters are in luck because if I know WWE booking it's time for them to break up their only truly established tag team in a melodramatic feud no one wants to see so that they can be lost in the undercard mix as singles jobbers.

Or at least an Usos heel turn.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope they have a strap match, then one of them gets arrested for jaywalking and fired and the other hides in a box collecting paychecks for three years

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I actually totally got a "jealous abusive rear end in a top hat" vibe from that segment last night. With the way the other Uso came out to calm him and Miz was immediately apologetic and begged off and the serious quiet voice the announcers used. It had me figuring that next week there will be a segment where Naomi gets mad at her husband for overreacting and messing up her chance for a break and the title match will end with him losing his cool costing the Usos the match.

Basically I think the Uso haters are in luck because if I know WWE booking it's time for them to break up their only truly established tag team in a melodramatic feud no one wants to see so that they can be lost in the undercard mix as singles jobbers.

Or at least an Usos heel turn.

Its probably setting up a total divas storyline.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Roman Reigns posted:

even better

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

Cesaro mixes it up quite a bit. Or at the very least he throws his uppercuts from more and more improbable places.

which is probably a large reason why they think he's lovely

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Roman Reigns posted:

Wait I hope this means we get the Miz (and Mizdow) as a regular on Total Divas because that'd probably own.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's no either/or. Total Divas viewers will get a storyline where Trinity wants to break into Hollywood and Miz is friendly and willing to help. She'll do a sexy photoshoot or something and her husband will get pissy and jealous. RAW viewers will get the Uso being a psychopath and pissing off his wife and brother as he costs both of them opportunities. The mean one will turn and they'll feud for three months as people wonder why. Then the face one will start dancing and doing that Rikishi wedgie spot or something while the heel teams up with Titus O'Neil or some other guy who can sympathize with the pointlessness of WWE booking.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah its just their style and I enjoy the times when they do some things a little different; if I'm in the mood for different matches with different pacing I'll watch Indy's/NJPW

Watching this year's G1, I realized that New Japan's wrestlers do a lot of the same things that WWE guys do in terms of each person having their spots to hit and the same basic match structure to follow, but in general NJPW doesn't have 10 hours of programming a week to fill so it's far less notable.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Just like how Gold and Stardust clobbered the Uso's leg with a steel chair the week before.

I dont remember it that way :colbert:

But seriously, wasn't the angle that Jimmy/Jey did an outside dive, hosed his leg up, Dusts won by countout so they didnt get the titles. Next week, Jey/Jimmy go out to the ring because the Dusts accused them of faking an injury, Usos refuse the handshake and slap the poo poo out of a Dust, THEN Stardust loses his poo poo and does the chairshot.

In conclusion, Usos are dicks in the ring and judging from twitter pics and TotalDivas, assholes out of the ring.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

After the countout win the Dusts snapped and laid out the Usos and worked over ones leg doing further damage to what they knew was tweaked during the match

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

LALALALALALALA IM NOT LISTENING

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

You cant hear me

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

No, the timeline above seems about right. There was most definitely a week before Stardust beat up Interchangeable Uso's leg.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
I like the Usos the people, but not the Usos the wrestlers.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oatgan posted:

You cant hear me

*asl for rapidoo*

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I would like the Usos a lot more if they were Uso 1 and Uso 2, and just wore shirts with their number on it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Usos used twin magic a few weeks ago. They blatantly cheated to win against a team that had them fair and square. And we're supposed to like them.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oatgan posted:

After the countout win the Dusts snapped and laid out the Usos and worked over ones leg doing further damage to what they knew was twerked during the match

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

keevo posted:

Wait I hope this means we get the Miz (and Mizdow) as a regular on Total Divas because that'd probably own.

We didn't get Daniel Wyatt and Brie having a nightmarish swamp wedding with Bray presiding, so I doubt we'll get any fun stunt double shenanigans.

An episode that's just Miz going through his day and Mizdow mimicking him would be gold though.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

No, the timeline above seems about right. There was most definitely a week before Stardust beat up Interchangeable Uso's leg.

nope

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

oatgan posted:

Yeah, people getting bothered about this are weird. Bryan does buzz saw kicks, a suicide dive, the thing he does with the running corner non-drop kicks, his corner back flip off an Irish whip in to a clothesline, and a flying headbutt just about every match. Punk had the running high knee to a bulldog, randy savage elbow drop, swinging neckbreaker..

I think it's a bit demanding to ask for change every night when these guys don't really get a whole lot of time to practice out a match ahead of time or innovate some moves, and rely on planning a general course of action behind the curtain with calling spots while out there.

NXT can get away with it since they only have tapings every month or so and a light house show schedule that requires very little road time, while also living in the same area the performance center sits.

An off season would definitely help towards making that a possibility for the main roster guys, as well as making their usual spots refreshing to see for a bit after they return.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Doing my usual Day Later RAW watching. Just skimmed the pre-show. Oh god that Mizdow promo. I love it.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

elf help book posted:

Then believe that New Day is strong and cool and it will be true.

I do. It's true.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

On the one hand it was completely stupid of WWE to have TND lose (I won't say "job" because I didn't see it, so I dunno if they actually had them lose like some worthless scrubs, or if they actually had Shenanigans Occur that cost them a victory) a match on Raw since you generally want a debuting/returning stable to look good for at least their first few appearances.

On the other hand, given that Vince apparently believes wins and losses no longer matter for anyone not named "John Cena", and his evident fascination with parity booking, I am not surprised in the least that this happened and will not be surprised when it happens again. v:shobon:v

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

They probably felt that because they debuted the New Day winning on Smackdown that it was okay for them to lose on Raw

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

On the one hand it was completely stupid of WWE to have TND lose (I won't say "job" because I didn't see it, so I dunno if they actually had them lose like some worthless scrubs, or if they actually had Shenanigans Occur that cost them a victory) a match on Raw since you generally want a debuting/returning stable to look good for at least their first few appearances.

They DID look good. They had a bunch of fun moves and beat the Dusts clean. Then shenanigans happened and they lost to another team they were about to beat clean.

If you want to criticize TND, how about we start with the fact that their entrance music doesn't sound anything like James Brown/Gospel.

If you're black in WWE, entrance music = generic hip-hop. If you're white in WWE, entrance music = generic Nickelback butt roc-- I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sydney Bottocks posted:

On the other hand, given that Vince apparently believes wins and losses no longer matter for anyone not named "John Cena", and his evident fascination with parity booking, I am not surprised in the least that this happened and will not be surprised when it happens again. v:shobon:v

The Gauntlet match itself was pretty fascinating when it comes to parity booking. They somehow managed to book a match involving that many teams with no one coming out of it looking all that good.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

triplexpac posted:

The Gauntlet match itself was pretty fascinating when it comes to parity booking. They somehow managed to book a match involving that many teams with no one coming out of it looking all that good.

Everyone looked like idiots, except the Usos, who looked lucky.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It was such a weird match. When TND came out first I thought "okay, debuting babyface team, maybe they run the table and look strong for a title shot." Instead we got...that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

It was such a weird match. When TND came out first I thought "okay, debuting babyface team, maybe they run the table and look strong for a title shot." Instead we got...that.

NO. THE USOS NEED MORE TITLE SHOTS. MORE.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who cares?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

NO. THE USOS NEED MORE TITLE SHOTS. MORE.

i agree

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It was Tag Team Turmoil, and they were in the match early. Even most of the Royal Rumble winners come in last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NienNunb posted:

Who cares?

• Locked thread