Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì came into the cafeteria, feeling much better after the trainwreck of abortive feeding that had been most of this morning. He grabbed a light salad and a glass of ice water, then went to look for a seat. Unfortunately, the only open seats he saw were near to Marina, and he'd been trying to avoid her since the other day's almost-fatal beating. Still, there were basically no other seats. Nothing to do now but bite the bullet; she hadn't seemed to realize what had actually happened, and hopefully she'd stay that way..

Lì sat his tray down at a seat near Marina. "Hi."

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
pre:
Cafeteria
Outdoors
Small circular table for four
1: LI, MARI, John,
2:
3:
4: some seniors 
Seniors' hippie dippie backrub circle: other seniors, 

Indoors
Teachers' table: Dr. Coon, Jennifer, sophomores
Long student's table 1: freshmen, 
Long student's table 2: juniors and sophomores, 
Long student's table 3: juniors, seniors, and teachers, 
pre:
Name	Harm	HLts	Strings: PC|NPC						Conditions		XP
CAL	0/4	HxCx	cass, cris3, 						twerp			3
CASS	0/4	HxDx	mari, | john2, chet,					pissy, picky		2
CRIS	0/4	DxVx	cass, cal4, mari, ric,					temper, emo		2
LI	0/4	HxC	cal2, cass2, cris2, mari2, ric, 			drained			2
MARI	1/4	HxD	cass, cris, li, | eliz, john,				OoHD, going down, 	2
RIC	0/4	HVx	cal, cass, cris3, | ced, alex, bran, coon,		drained			1
pre:
Name	Harm	Strings								Conditions
Conn	0/?	cris3,								
Eliz	0/4	cass,								snob, tightwad, narcissist
Chet	1/4	none,								dick
Jenn	0/4	none,								judgmental
Sylv	0/4	li2,								
John	0/4	cris,								outclassed, nosy
Alex	1/4	cris,								intimidated, sympathetic
Chef	0/4									proud

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 3, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

"Oh Hi Li Marina is still kinda distracted by the Cassie thing. Turning away from John who seemed to be torn between edging closer and running after Cassie. She says with obvious worry "Li are you ok? you look a little stressed, Is this about those guys the other day? they haven't come back have they..." she trails off as she realises Li really doesn't want to talk about it.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

"No, no, I'm fine. That thing was just a huge misunderstanding, it's all taken care of." Lì's tone was polite, but he gave Marina a warning look that said please leave it there.

Shut Someone Down: 2d6+3 10

Marina loses a string on Lì

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 3, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

Marina buries her head in her hands. It's been a lovely morning. First that little creep Cristophe had stolen her pelt, Then she'd gotten into that fight with Elizabeth in homeroom which had only gotten worse after gym, then she'd ruined her growing friendship with Cassie over some innocuous remark and now even Li was blanking her. Still at least the day couldn't get any worse right?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

you hear John say to himself under his breath, "Right, his face this morning..." then he does a double take as he realizes you've completely healed up in the past 3 hours. What do you do?

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

Chris only came into the lunch room for a moment. He needed to report to his disciplinary cleaning because of the fight this morning with Alex. He came in, grabbed a recycled paper clam shell box, and filled up a quick lunch. He decided to have a bit of seared tuna over some green and a side of pasta, then a cup of juice to wash it all down. With his lunch in his hand he headed for the door, hopefully to meet up with Alex and smooth things over from this morning.

Sly, I got rid of Dead Meat when I used Gaze Into the Abyss earlier. Unless anybody stops me while I'm in the cafeteria then I'm just getting my meal and leaving.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì reached across the table and put his hand on Marina's shoulder. "Hey, I'm sorry if I was short. I'm glad you cared enough about me to ask." His hand lingered a little longer than pure politeness would allow. Lì was hoping for two birds, one stone - a friendlier Marina, and a John who was too distracted by someone flirting with his girl(?) to question his lack of injury any further.

Turn Someone On (Marina): 2d6+3 9

Manipulate an NPC (John): 2d6+4 11

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 3, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

ilootthecorpse posted:

Christophe

Chris only came into the lunch room for a moment. He needed to report to his disciplinary cleaning because of the fight this morning with Alex. He came in, grabbed a recycled paper clam shell box, and filled up a quick lunch. He decided to have a bit of seared tuna over some green and a side of pasta, then a cup of juice to wash it all down. With his lunch in his hand he headed for the door, hopefully to meet up with Alex and smooth things over from this morning.

Sly, I got rid of Dead Meat when I used Gaze Into the Abyss earlier. Unless anybody stops me while I'm in the cafeteria then I'm just getting my meal and leaving.

Right, I think I accidentally saved a deprecated version of the statblock at some point.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

Marina feels a hot tingle down her spine as Li puts his arm around her shoulders. The scent of his deodorant goes straight up her nose and she inhales a deep breath of it without thinking. "Thanks Li I feel a bit better now." she says a little more cheerfully. Before tucking back into her TUNA salad she examines Li's bruises they do seem to have healed, these land dwellers were obviously tougher than they looked.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Li, your moves sort of throw John off the trail. You hear him keep mumbling, thinking he put it together, "riiight, lucky bastard probably borrowed some of Sylvia's makeup this morning." He speaks up, feeling left out of the conversation, "That's big of you to apologize like that. I just wish someone cared about me like that, eh?" Some senior girls go "awww! we care!" and invite him to join their backrub circle. He hesitates, "Uh, I probably shouldn't without Cassie..." They say "bring 'em all, it's a circle!!"

What do you do?

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 3, 2014

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

The last thing Ricard remembers is Li saying . . . something. And then everything went black. The next this he remembers is him coming to slumping against a wall in the shower. How long was he out? What happened? Did he pass out? For what feels like the thousandth time today he's once again asking what. He didn't like this one bit. Everything is fuzzy. His body is numb. He's tired and he's struggling to do the buttons on his shirt. His phone tells him he's 15 minutes late for lunch. Food, that sound good right now. His patience for the day is wearing thin. He stumbles out of the locker room. The heat from the shower probably has him dehydrated. Near the exit he crouches down and tries to regain his composure.

"Ricky! Yo Ric, you in here?" he hears Cedric calling. "Yeah, where you at Ric?" Brandon quickly adds. Quickly spotting Ricard they run over and help him up. gently caress, he didn't need the boys to see him like this. "Hey," Ricard holds for an almost uncomfortable amount of time, "thanks you guys. I'm just a little winded. Um, let's go get lunch." Ric walks out with them following suit.

The truth lays with one person, Li. He's going to fill you in. Why wouldn't he?

When Ricard shows up in the Cafeteria, he heads right for him.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 4, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì was about to say something to the circle of senior girls when Ricard approached, looking like a man on a mission. Lì glanced up at him and casually said, "Hey."

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb
Caleb spends a few minutes hovering around the cafeteria looking for Christophe before he sees his back heading out the door. Oh, well, he's probably going to the library or something- a smart guy like him must study a lot.

He catches movement out of the corner of his eye and turns, spotting Ricard. "Oh, hey!" Caleb calls out, walking towards him without noticing his focus on Li, "Ricard, I wanted to apologize about earlier. I was trying to hit Li, but, well..." he smiles nervously, "I guess you've probably figured I'm not that good at dodgeball. So, yeah, I'm really sorry about hitting you, that was my bad. Oh, uh," he seems to notice Li for the first time, "nothing personal about aiming at you. But I'd agreed not to hit Ricard."

Turn On Ricard for 10, 9 with the effects of Ricard's gang. Possibly lose the 'twerp' condition for making a proper apology.

Androc fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 3, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Christophe, you and Alex serve your litter picking sentences, which Mr. Edwinson supervises from his office window, after pulling up the blinds. There are pillars around the quad that could block his view, and his door is open so he will be able to hear anything loud. Alex mutters, "I go this way around, you go that way." What do you do?

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Androc posted:

Caleb
He catches movement out of the corner of his eye and turns, spotting Ricard. "Oh, hey!" Caleb calls out, walking towards him without noticing his focus on Li, "Ricard, I wanted to apologize about earlier. I was trying to hit Li, but, well..." he smiles nervously, "I guess you've probably figured I'm not that good at dodgeball. So, yeah, I'm really sorry about hitting you, that was my bad. Oh, uh," he seems to notice Li for the first time, "nothing personal about aiming at you. But I'd agreed not to hit Ricard."

"Hey Li, I . . ."

Ricard's train of thought is derailed when he hears Caleb. His gentle voice apologizing for earlier transgressions. Even if my team is mugging (read: stare down) the poor boy. It's nice. Caleb has been the only good thing to happen to me today. He puts up a finger towards Li, "excuse me for a second." He turns towards Caleb,

"Hey, no problem buddy. I did say I'd let you take me out. Look, Caleb, you're good. You're fine." He sort of pulls him away, telling the three others to 'give him a sec'. He lowers his voice, "Caleb, you look like you could use another friend around this place. If you need someone, I'll promise to be there for you." He smiles.

Hold Steady to not get turned on: 2d6+1 9 Going to spend the string to make that a 10. I'll get rid of terrified.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 4, 2014

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

Alex seems set on them staying as far apart as possible, but Chris has other ideas. He still hasn't given up on getting Alex to admit his attraction to Ricard, but first he needed to smooth out the waves from earlier. Alex tries to head off on his own way but Chris runs to catch up. "Hey, come on, man," he says with a wan smile. "Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I was just trying to help you out a little. You know, show some support. It's not right that you feel like you've got to hide." He leans down and scoops up an empty Red Bull can to throw in his bag. "Then I just freaked out when you grabbed me. You're a big, strong dude...it was kinda scary. You're not hurt though, right?" He adopts a properly admonished and genuinely apologetic expression, crossing his arms over his thin chest to appear even smaller. "We cool?"

Manipulate NPC, Mark XP: 2d6-1 8. Also, [sassy]Mmm mmm Ric! Get yo own man and leave my Caycay alone![/sassy].

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 3, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Christophe, Alex points his trash grabber at you and says more to you than he has in the past year, "Cool? gently caress you. I've got friends, prospects, and a life, and I put in work to keep them good. You're not cool with anyone, not for long. Whoever you talk to, whatever you touch, turns to poo poo. Whatever the gently caress luck you have that you end up smelling like roses afterwards, it'll run out soon enough. Then you'll have nothing to do but sink, alone, in the sea of poo poo you've made."

Sounds like he doesn't want to end up alone, and only wants to take advice from someone he respects. What do you do?

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

The boy grits his teeth, his bottom lip jutting slightly, and turns to look away from Alex. To all outside appearances Chris looks hurt and embarrassed by Alex's cutting words. All he really wants is for his eyes to not be seen while they swirl was Abyssal darkness.

Dark: 2d6+2 7. So the question is how do I get Alex's respect, and I'll take my visions alarming please!

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb

"Oh, ah... thanks, man." Caleb may lack particularly refined social graces, but there is such a thing as coming on too strong; he seems eager to change the subject. "What's the deal between you and Christophe, anyway? I didn't know you even knew each other, and you said you didn't want to be on his team."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Christophe, you're filled with a sense of vertigo as the scenery shifts around you. Suddenly you're spinning labeled plates while balanced on a tightrope in the caldera of a volcano. One starts slowing down, wobbling, then collides with another one and before you know it they're all falling and dragging you off balance, down into the volcano, your flesh igniting on the way down.

But it's okay, time stops, the Connoisseur bursts forth from the magma and saves you, healing your wounds and switching your body with a dummy. Then They turn back time, and the dummy is where you started, perfectly doing the tightrope and plate spinning routine, while the sun rises and sets. Alex climbs the side of the mountain and marvels at the dummy, then walks down a red carpet, kneels before you on your throne, and presents you with Ricard's head on a silver platter. The throne sprouts a hand--the Connoisseur's--that guides his head toward your lap. Then you snap out of it. What do you do?

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

By the time the vision ends, only a matter of seconds, he is breathing hard and shaking. Feeling the power of the Connoisseur flow through you could be intense, and often left him feeling unsteady. He reason to not try and turn this to his advantage though. He conjured up some fake tears and made a pitiful sniffle, then turned back to Alex with his eyes red and runny. "You think I don't work for any of this? You think I don't want people to be my friends?" He sniffs and rubs one palm against his eyes. "I try to be nice and do things for everybody and they just walk all over me. They take my help and then just throw me away and say I'm a creep! How am I NOT supposed to get mad about that? I just freak out because I want to be good, but nobody will let me..." He swallows a huge, fake knot in his throat, satisfied that his sob story has been laid on thick enough and looks up at Alex with wounded eyes.

"I haven't said anything like this to ANYbody at this school EVER," he admits, gaining some of the old fire back in his voice. It was pretty much all lies, but he had still never pretended to show any weakness at all. This was a gamble. "I just...I wanted you to know I was really trying to help. You can't tell ANYbody that I cried though. Nobody." He still looked a little pathetic, but he was Christophe Locke. He was still the one boy in school who could, without a doubt, ruin you. He didn't threaten Alex, but the look in his eyes said enough. Say something and I will bury you. He'd gotten teachers fired by hardly lifting a finger. With a weekend of hard work Alex could kiss every one of his college prospects goodbye, if that's what Chris wanted.

Cold: 2d6-1+1 7. We each get a Condition. Alex gets Sympathetic. Also, I mark XP for that last Dark roll.

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 3, 2014

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Androc posted:

Caleb

"Oh, ah... thanks, man." Caleb may lack particularly refined social graces, but there is such a thing as coming on too strong; he seems eager to change the subject. "What's the deal between you and Christophe, anyway? I didn't know you even knew each other, and you said you didn't want to be on his team."

"He's been here since middle school. From the word go, strange rumors surrounded him. You wouldn't know because you're new but the people he worked with, none of them are here any more. Every 'apple of his eye' left the school. The people around him try to forget those who didn't make it. Today, he was trying to start things with my team. Alex is stuck cleaning the quad thanks to him. As far as I'm concerned, he's not a good kid. I just don't want to see another person disappear."

He walks back to Li. "Hey, uh, anyway, what happened back in the locker room?"

OOC: I'll take streaming for my level up.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 3, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Christophe, Alex looks away from you when you turn on the waterworks, and you both see Mr. Edwinson standing up from his desk, looking concerned. Alex growls at you, "You goddamn crybaby, you're gonna get us in more trouble." He's right, the old man did say you had to work together, not gently caress with each other. What do you do?

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

BallisticClipboard posted:

Ricard
"He's been here since middle school. From the word go, strange rumors surrounded him. You wouldn't know because you're new but the people he worked with, none of them are here any more. Every 'apple of his eye' left the school. The people around him try to forget those who didn't make it. Today, he was trying to start things with my team. Alex is stuck cleaning the quad thanks to him. As far as I'm concerned, he's not a good kid. I just don't want to see another person disappear."

Caleb
"Wh- disappeared? You've got to be kidding me. Is this one of those joke traditions like when seniors tell freshmen there's a pool on the roof?"

It was just such a bizarre accusation to make; rumors are a part of high school, sure, but what could possibly make Ricard try to suggest that Christophe was, what, a serial killer? Caleb resolved to ask Christophe about it later.

Shut down Ricard, but it's a miss.

Androc fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 3, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì had been watching the Caleb and Ricard's conversation with a bit of amusement, but it looked like Lì wasn't getting out of it that easily. He gave Ricard a blank look. "Umm, you saved Mike's life? I still can't believe how calm you were about the whole thing, I was freaking the hell out. You and Christophe were honest to god heroes in there."

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

Now Chris really was frustrated. Alex, the big dumb brute, was impossible to get through to. Well, this avenue wasn't working and nothing made Christophe more angry than a failed plot. He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to have Alex and Mr. Edwinson staring at him. Judging him. He had to get away.

He scoffed and threw his trash equipment on the ground. "That's it, Alex. Look out for number one. You don't care about anybody but yourself, just like everybody else! You think you're better than me? You don't know a SINGLE thing about me!" Chris shook his head, leveling Alex with his most withering glare, and then cut out of the quad at a full sprint. He kept going, not looking back or stopping until he was long gone and could no longer hear Mr. Edwinson calling for him to come back.

Run Away, Mark XP: 2d6+1 8. Obviously I'm choosing to get away but make a big scene.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Green Bean posted:

Lì had been watching the Caleb and Ricard's conversation with a bit of amusement, but it looked like Lì wasn't getting out of it that easily. He gave Ricard a blank look. "Umm, you saved Mike's life? I still can't believe how calm you were about the whole thing, I was freaking the hell out. You and Christophe were honest to god heroes in there."

Never the kind to turn down flattery, "Thanks. But, I mean after. I remember walking back and . . . nothing. I woke up in the shower though. Did I black out or something? Because that really isn't the safest place to put unconscious people."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì's blank look turned to confusion. "Really? You seemed fine to me - you were in the shower when I left, and you were moving and junk."

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 6

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 3, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Christophe, Mr. Edwinson calls out for you to stop, but he doesn't chase you, he just returns to his desk and starts typing. All the students lunching in the quad see and hear you, Jennifer and her two besties in particular mimic your words to one another and laugh. You end up across a bridge over the canal that separates the upper school from the lower school. You see Elizabeth and Lola lunching together on the grass on the lower school side, and smell what can only be Sylvia smoking under the bridge on the upper school side, where no one can see. You realize you forgot your lunch back in the quad. What do you do?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Ricard, when Li says that you sense Cedric and Brandon get mad before their faces harden. They think he's full of poo poo, and want to take a walk with him somewhere private and teach him the value of telling the truth. Then they do it.

Li, they each grab one of his arms and say, "Let's all go get something from the vending machines and discuss it further." "Sounds good, I could use some caffeine to get my blood pumping." The seniors just wave and say, "byeeee!" Any last words?

Marina and Caleb, they're not exactly subtle, what do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

Cassie managed to swim back to consciousness when someone was pounding on the door. But, it's ok.

She's got it all figured out.

Sex and water and pain give birth to understanding for Marina. So, she knew exactly what she had to do. The place that they both knew each other from, the place they they both shared. The pool. She had to get Marina to the pool, and then everything would make sense. None of the teams had started meeting yet, and the school was mostly abandoned after hours. But could Marina survive that long? Well, if she got into more trouble, Cassie would just have to bail her out. That's what friends did for each other.

Cassie takes a moment to clean herself up, and exits, much to the relief of the small line that's formed outside.

Cassie almost makes it outside before she's hit with a sudden craving for... meat. Screw this plant and pasta bullshit, she needs something with some substance to it. She sees the pile of fish is almost gone, with only the scraps the others deemed unworthy of consumption remaining. She almost screams in frustration but remembers that Marina had gotten more than enough to share. That'll do.

Upon stepping out, she spots her table. It's apparently become quite the popular spot. Ricard, his lackeys, and the Asian kid. They seemed to be working out their own problems. Good for them. That quiet kid, the one with the awkward sort of charm that only came from complete sincerity. Marina, John, small huddle of Senior girls surroundi-. What the gently caress? Oh, he was a dead man. She was just going to eviscerate him, here and now. But... no. He's not going with them. He's looking for Cassie to come save him.

Well, how could she say no to that?

Walking up behind him, she leans on his shoulders, being quite affectionate. She whispers into his ear, "Hey, just so you know, I think I saw the librarian getting ready to toss some of these old movies. I came to see if you wanted to go get any of them. We could maybe watch them at your place instead of going out to the theater."

Cassie sees his eyes light up, both at the potential promise of classic movies and at Cassie's overall friendliness.

With John taken care of, she takes the seat next to Marina and sighs quite theatrically. She starts the plan into motion, saying, "So, I think we didn't understand each other earlier. I felt pretty hurt when I thought you were trying to go after the guy I had my eyes on. But, I don't think you meant to. Why don't we get together after school and hang out before the party tonight? Maybe we could both go swimming in the pool for a bit?"

Cassie stabs a giant filet of fish on Marina's plate and starts devouring it, completely ignoring her own food.

Manipulate Nosy John: 2d6+3 7
Blow a string on him to bump it up to 10. Cassie needs some alone time with Marina
Turn Marina on, just like the visions told me to: 2d6+3 12
+1 string

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 3, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì doesn't bother to say anything or resist, but his eyes meet Marina's, and there's a flash of fear in them, a look she probably remembers from the first time they met. He clearly doesn't want to be alone with these people.

Lì will burn his string on Marina to offer her an XP to follow Ricard's gang and act as a witness.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb
Caleb went pale. He'd been on the receiving end of what was about to happen far too many times to not recognize it. If anything, he should have considered himself lucky that it was someone else for a change. But he thought back on the day so far; on how he'd run away and had seen Christophe leaning in close to someone else. Was it any surprise that people would drift away from a coward?

Well. Maybe high school was going to be different.

"Hey, I..."

The moment hung.

"...'m thirsty too. I should come with you guys."

Close enough.

Holding steady on a 9! Caleb does not lose his cool.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Caleb, Cedric's free hand drops onto your shoulder, sits you back down at the table and hold you there, "What flavor do you like? Sit tight, I'll bring one back to you, my treat." The subtext is pretty obvious. What do you do?

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

He fumed and steamed for a while, wandering nowhere in particular, mad as hell and hating himself. gently caress. You lost your cool. You blew a gasket right in front of everybody, and now they are probably all LAUGHING at you. Christophe sighed and ran a hand through his hair, pushing his black locks up out of his eyes and trying to regain his composure. Well, tomorrow you're going to have to do damage control. Or gently caress it, maybe you should just destroy Alex. Make sure nobody forgets that you're not to be hosed with. The smell of smoke catches his attention and he finally realizes just where he is. Seeing Lola and Liz nearby makes it easy to guess who is smoking under the bridge, and right now he could use a light.

Chris takes the steps down beneath the bridge and sees Sylvia leaned up against the wall dragging on a lit butt. "Hey," he announces himself with a handsome smile. "Can I bum one off of you?"

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 3, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Christophe, Sylvia scoots over and passes you her lit cigarette. Seems it doubled as a blotter for her lip gloss. Bittersweet. Grapefruit. Ruby Red. "Better not have led anyone here... do you even know how to use one that?" She's smiling at you, though, it's a test. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

slydingdoor posted:

Ricard, when Li says that you sense Cedric and Brandon get mad before their faces harden. They think he's full of poo poo, and want to take a walk with him somewhere private and teach him the value of telling the truth. Then they do it.

Li, they each grab one of his arms and say, "Let's all go get something from the vending machines and discuss it further." "Sounds good, I could use some caffeine to get my blood pumping." The seniors just wave and say, "byeeee!" Any last words?

Ricard is definitely okay with this, waving play on to his boys. That had been the straw that broke the camels back. "Why don't I join you? A good talk never killed anyone."
No more lies. If Li wasn't going to tell him what he wants to hear willingly, he'll take it by force. They are not going to bench their entire starting line up. If people want to watch, let them. It'll teach them not to mess with the Kings.

Bustin' faces (using drained): 2d6 -1 +1: 5 7 OOC: I made a mistake of the rules. I gain a +1 from having my Gang work for me and I lose a -1 because I don't add my conditions to my rolls. Since my roll turned into a partial success I will deal 1 damage to Li. Li will return 1 damage. Let's say it's a headbutt gone wrong and we both get hurt.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 3, 2014

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb
"No, that's fine, I'd rather-" Caleb tries to get up and doesn't budge, "see them for myself, I mean I haven't seen the vending machines here and let me GO!" he braces his feet on the floor and tries to force his way up; Cedric pushes sideways instead of down and both Caleb and his chair tumble over backwards.

Caleb scrambles to his feet, breathing heavily and just slightly shaking. "Would you guys just knock it off? Everyone can see you're just being a bunch of bullies!" His voice comes out halfway between a plead and a whine, seasoned with all the subtlety of an after-school special. There's a beat of silence as everyone just stares at him before the inevitable laughter.

Caleb's cheeks burn. Nice job, idiot.

Another attempt to hold steady, this time with a miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Caleb you're surprised to hear no laughter, and not to feel fists striking you or fingers roughly grabbing you. Instead you just feel gentle senior hands pulling you into the backrub circle, "don't worry, poor little freshman. everything's gonna be okayyyy, just be part of the circle. everything outside the circle, just let it goooo." Hands place your hands on the bare shoulders of a blonde, pixie cut girl in front of you, who turns and smiles in profile while someone else's delicate fingers start gently massaging your back, neck, and shoulders. What do you do?

• Locked thread