Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol, look at how pathetic and immature mac fanboys are. really sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

pre-Intel macs were garbage

Indeed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*fondly remembers a really slow computer that had no softweare and crashed all the time* ahhh, those were the days -the brain damaged losers ITT

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

i have the sluggo poster rolled up for safe keeping

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Smythe posted:

that parts irrelevent - they sucked b/c they were dog slow and had no software. here to help, OP

they didn't magically get more software when they switched, they would have gotten more software either way

macs are popular because the apple retail stores made it really easy to buy a mac and the ipod/iphone got people in the store

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

graph posted:

i have the sluggo poster rolled up for safe keeping

nice!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

graph posted:

protip press open-apple power when a system bomb dialog comes up and type G FINDER at the > and it'll recover 90% of the time

lol way to janitor your computer

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

lol, look at how pathetic and immature mac fanboys are. really sad

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Fly away trolls

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

lmao @ anyone dumb enough to buy a mac

double lmao @ anyone dumb enough to buy a 90s mac

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Vote 1 and move on people

57Hz
Jan 27, 2009

A white-noise buzzing sound.
i love classic macs and my only negative experience was when the mainboard or something in our performa 5200 burned out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

they didn't magically get more software when they switched, they would have gotten more software either way

macs are popular because the apple retail stores made it really easy to buy a mac and the ipod/iphone got people in the store

they still have virtually no software lol. at least theyre not quite as slow anymore thanks to intel. powerpc roflma. the magaherts myth. LOL

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
in elementary school i would mash the left&right arrow keys on the classroom mac as we lined up for recess or lunch or w/e and it'd stack the input and spend the next half hour switching screens and no one would be able to use it my friends thought it was the funniest thing in the world

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
just face it idiots: ur elementary school had a mac kuz steve knew to indoctrinate little children and u took the bait hook, line, and sinker. ur all mindless idiots marching along the FAIL river. PC supremacy - then, now, and forever.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
there was this ownage game where you got to play as a fish and swim around a coral reef and i guess i was a 1337 hacker back in the day because i knew how to push settings-> open mode or w/e and play as a great white shark and eat everything. all i remember is the kid sitting next to me being all :pwn: at how powerful i was chomping through everything. fish. coral. fuckin great white doesnt give a poo poo (^^^)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Necc0 posted:

there was this ownage game where you got to play as a fish and swim around a coral reef and i guess i was a 1337 hacker back in the day because i knew how to push settings-> open mode or w/e and play as a great white shark and eat everything. all i remember is the kid sitting next to me being all :pwn: at how powerful i was chomping through everything. fish. coral. fuckin great white doesnt give a poo poo (^^^)

sounds lieka really lovely game. sorry about your mac stockholm syndrome. in Windows you can play actual real games, not FAIL edutainment garbage.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I had a DOS card in my 630, OP. Am I bisexual?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

just face it idiots: ur elementary school had a mac kuz steve knew to indoctrinate little children and u took the bait hook, line, and sinker. ur all mindless idiots marching along the FAIL river. PC supremacy - then, now, and forever.

how does this explain the pc's slow, painful death?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Last Chance posted:

actually my PC is more powerful than ever before, and has great software and performance

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Just face it: powerPC macs loving sucked big time

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

actually my PC is more powerful than ever before, and has great software and performance

you use linux, lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
OSX aint mucb better

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lmao just remembered the secret island of dr quandary. good source material for some pro yos sigs imo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

graph posted:

you use linux, lol

haha lol, leveraging open source software to empower a budgetarily constrained nonprofit arts org is for faggots. -something you actually just said.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the

megahertz

myth

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Instead of spending what little budget we have on paying designers, artists, actors, and things actyally related to the production of qualityh theatre, i'm going to buy bramnd mew Mac computers so Graph approves. do you realize how stupid you sounded?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
further proof that mac users are morons. :thurman:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
pls dont have an aneurysm smythe

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

Instead of spending what little budget we have on paying designers, artists, actors, and things actyally related to the production of qualityh theatre, i'm going to buy bramnd mew Mac computers

this is a wise choice! you will be pleased with your purchases

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smythe posted:

Just face it: powerPC macs loving sucked big time

how about 68k

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

graph posted:

this is a wise choice! you will be pleased with your purchases

Not surprised you missed my obvious sarcasm, as a senior YOSPOS regular who posts according to the YOSPOS comp[any line: austisms the name and boring posts the game

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

the

megahertz

myth

more clockspeed = better than, amirite :iamafag:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Listen, we all know the obvious reality:

Intel macs: just another linux.

powerpc macs: incredibly slow, no software., basically useless

ancient macs: uber fail. the most useless crap ever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i can take on all comers, because im empowered by the truth. the powerful truth is that pre intel macs really really sucked

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mecc was cool too, basically figured out how to get people to put games on school computers

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

carry on then posted:

how about 68k

and nubus :allears:

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

carry on then posted:

how about 68k

wow rule 36 plz

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ok team i just took a shitload of pills for my FAIL disease so im going to be knocked out for a while. consider this your opportunity to tend to your burn wounds, because i'll be back with a bigger flamethrower than ever. mwahaha

macs SUCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Last Chance posted:

it's so cute the way macintards think that getting 4% of the market means they're winning

• Locked thread