Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I suppose fixing the tie rod with about a quarter inch of play in it would help too.

only .25"? eh, thats nothing. british poo poo come from the factory with 2" or better.

E: new page. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What's a tie rod on a car like that made out of, two coat hangers and a marshmallow?

It's just one long strand of black widow webbing.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Fucknag posted:

The edges are worn down with good tread in the middle. Run more pressure in your tires, you loving scrub.

:colbert:

I've never seen a trashed tyre with that much tread left in the middle. Definitely under inflated, but also with serious camber or toe in issues too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Or the bad tie rod

Reacon
Feb 17, 2013

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
You'd almost have an easier time finding 205VR14's for that Maserati.

Can you hear it? It's still calling for you...

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Am I the only one that finds it funny that there's a bunch of bozos in this thread telling an alignment tech what's causing his uneven tire wear?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hey, be fair, I didn't know about the tie rods. Not my fault everyone's quoting my post.

Now if only he could find a steering/suspension tech to fix it...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

MikeyTsi posted:

Am I the only one that finds it funny that there's a bunch of bozos in this thread telling an alignment tech what's causing his uneven tire wear?

Most definitely not :v:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MikeyTsi posted:

Nope :laugh:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
"Youre gonna need a truck to move this thing."
:getin:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So work from earlier today. My tires are officially smaller than space savers.

Lol 3.7" wide

Swapping out the old Fram filter for a Wix, as well as some fresh oil for the beast.

Noticed some coolant on the driver's side, the only things that could be leaking there are the water pump I installed or the return pipe :(

Then I had to go on my little errand out to Balls Deep Snohomish and was glad I put my new tires on, theres actual sheet ice on the road I touched it to see. Tires worked amazing!

And then this loving thing. 5hp. 30 gallon. 200 loving pounds easy. 50 bucks. Perhaps overkill :v:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Then I had to go on my little errand out to Balls Deep Snohomish and was glad I put my new tires on, theres actual sheet ice on the road I touched it to see. Tires worked amazing!

This is an awesome picture as it is.
And knowing what's being used makes it even more so.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot to say also I drove home an hour and 20 minutes with the window down because the belt guard kept knocking the glass.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

MikeyTsi posted:

I wasn't trying to tell 13" anything (he didn't already know), I was just saying to fucknag that going by the photo you couldn't put it all on just underinflation, because there's serious signs of toe/camber issues, that's all. :confused:
It was more to the point of if he sees a tyre starting to wear like that, don't put in a few extra psi and think the problem will necessarily go away.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 3, 2014

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So when will you stud the tires?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

And then this loving thing. 5hp. 30 gallon. 200 loving pounds easy. 50 bucks. Perhaps overkill :v:

Pictured: a Civic with double the stock horsepower.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Pictured: a Civic with double the stock horsepower.

Its a loving beast of a Turbo ;P

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Are the headlights as crappy as that picture makes them look like?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

You could tell someone this is a screenshot from the new Silent Hills game and they'd believe it completely.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

tlarn posted:

You could tell someone this is a screenshot from the new Silent Hills game and they'd believe it completely.

Silent Hill: Your "Civic" Duty.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

I've never seen On-board air in a civic before, that's pretty smart thinking!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
So when are you stripping that compressor down and using its head as a supercharger for the civic?

Also, your fender gap is entirely unsuitable. Not even close to flush nevermind hella flush. You need to either convert it to 4x4 or put space savers on it.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Astonishing Wang posted:

I've never seen On-board air in a civic before, that's pretty smart thinking!

Definitely needs to bag it now.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

So when are you stripping that compressor down and using its head as a supercharger for the civic?

Also, your fender gap is entirely unsuitable. Not even close to flush nevermind hella flush. You need to either convert it to 4x4 or put space savers on it.

You know. I bet he could make a widebody awd fucker using parts from the wagovan.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
More compressor deets.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Yeesh. I'd get that hydro tested.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

revmoo posted:

Yeesh. I'd get that hydro tested.

Why?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I looked inside the tank with the end valve taken off and it looked brand new in there, and a little tiny amount of clean water came out of the bleeder then air. It looks in great shape.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

As long as you can get in there and see everything, it's fine.
Those are great little compressors. The other old small devilbiss pumps I've encountered had some plumbing on the top of the head for the unloader, but it's probably built into the newer pressure switch.

I think the 220 pumps are 3-5 cfm or so.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 4, 2014

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Because a compressor rusting from the inside out is a time bomb, and very difficult to check out on your own.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

IOwnCalculus posted:

Because a compressor rusting from the inside out is a time bomb, and very difficult to check out on your own.

Except that it's not? If you put some alcohol in the tank and it comes out orange, welp..

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also like I said I looked into the tank when I removed the valve assemby and it looks pretty spotless in there especially due to the age. This compressor got cared for and serviced and I bet itll last a long time yet.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I mean hell the thing is 58 years old and doesnt even look to have been repainted once.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I doubt that's the original motor, but the motor is old enough that I can't find anything about it. The only link I got when I googled the model # was for a government auction compressor that stated the motor was seized.

That motor is over $300 to replace, btw, so treat it right. Dayton doesn't even make a 1.5hp (or 115V) compressor motor anymore, looks like Grainger only carries Marathon (which is decent) and Weg (who I have no experience with) in 1.5hp compressor motors.

Looks like the original contactor and wiring too. That contactor will probably outlive all of us (just need to buff/adjust the contacts now and then), but I bet some of that wiring is in rough shape.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 4, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's super quiet too.

http://youtu.be/OzdFZ8OHKDI

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

That's the best thing about old DeVilbiss stuff (and the reason they're huge in the dental industry), they're basically the quietest piston compressor around.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Bullshit on that running that quiet :aaaaa:

drat that's an awesome. Ignore me while I go lusting over the thought of owning a quiet compressor like that.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I thought I had my volume muted, god drat. Great find.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
seriously that is what the gently caress quiet. My compressor shakes the whole loving house and paid way more :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Ah I figured that's what you snap was. The picture didn't show up for some reason.

I've heard oiled compressors are much quieter.

• Locked thread