Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I was tempted to get a feline or two involved in my picture, but it would likely have ended with claw marks on my cards. And the dice. And me. :zoro:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

No Pun Intended posted:

I have received information that a package containing 1x D&D PHB has turned up at my house! I don't know if they've identified themselves; but thank you very much Santa, you beautiful creature you.

I thought we were supposed to get good gifts.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

jivjov posted:

Does every single goon have a cat? There have been SO MANY cat pictures.

We have two cats, but we also have two goons in the household, so I imagine that evens out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Antivehicular posted:

We have two cats, but we also have two goons in the household, so I imagine that evens out.

My household has 2 cats and 3.5 goons (my wife has an account, but has literally never posted and only lurked for about a week). I'm messing up the ratio here...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You bought your cats accounts?

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

moths posted:

I bought my cats accounts but since one only has 1 eye, he opted to read reddit.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

moths posted:

We have housemates. Although one of the cats would probably make a good goon...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We have five cats. And a sick foster cat. And two outdoor feral cats we had spayed and we feed.

My hobby room is organized around the design principle of "keep the cats from stealing my goddamn miniatures and paints."

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009
Got my gift from my santa and it arrived at the same time as the first part of my giftee's package arrived at my place (second part will arrive Monday).

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Ettin posted:

I thought we were supposed to get good gifts.

I did ask for it; but if you think it is a bad present I can always claim grinch :colbert:

Sathzur posted:

Got my gift from my santa and it arrived at the same time as the first part of my giftee's package arrived at my place (second part will arrive Monday).

That was me! I hope you like them.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

No Pun Intended posted:

I did ask for it; but if you think it is a bad present I can always claim grinch :colbert:

You can't call me a grinch if you got my present :unsmigghh:

NTRabbit posted:

So how did Hills & Sheep go? Finding recommendations for a good expansion not in BB4 was like trying to use the Board Game thread to find a good game - everyone hates everything, especially the thing you just decided would be best, but especially the thing you just switched to because of all the negativity on your first choice.

The Board game thread seems to hate love letter too, but gently caress em, I know better :argh:

Update: Love Letter went down great, we are probably going to play a lot of it. :getin:

Hills & Sheep was also well-liked because it added some complexity without dragging things down, though we haven't tried every expansion we have yet so it might be a while before we use it again. I have several Carcassonne groups though so this will probably see a ton of use between them. Thanks, Santa! :buddy:

Ettin fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 4, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Just wait until you inevitably get a double-Baron hand!

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Tekopo posted:

Me about 4 months ago: "Hey I'll just get an A-Wing and stuff that I like the look of..." :suicide:

It has already begun :cripes:

On the plus side it's extra business for my F-but-not-so-LGS, and they had a great deal on Netrunner draft packs soooo...

Indolent Bastard posted:

Never pay more than MSRP, or even better CSI or MM prices. Some ships are scarce right now (Millennium Falcon, Slave-1, etc) so command stupid prices, but they will be restocked eventually, just bide your time.

Right on - yeah, this was through MM. I'm bad at paying over retail and equally bad at resisting good deals, so I think this is (sort of) going to work out just great :)

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 4, 2014

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
My Santee's delivery is now in the post.

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 4, 2014

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Sorry for the delay, Santee(s)!

Just shipped out my main round Santa and the second half of my other main round Santa.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

IrvingWashington posted:

It has already begun :cripes:

On the plus side it's extra business for my F-but-not-so-LGS, and they had a great deal on Netrunner draft packs soooo...

Never pay more than MSRP, or even better CSI or MM prices. Some ships are scarce right now (Millennium Falcon, Slave-1, etc) so command stupid prices, but they will be restocked eventually, just bide your time.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

jivjov posted:

Nah, it's just that boxes are cat magnets, they wander in off the street and just sit there.

E: stupid double post

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Yay Santa #2!

Brushes and Terrain!

Thanks, Santa!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

jivjov posted:

There will be a dog posted with my gift...whenever it arrives :(

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Now that I've got everything sent out, I guess I'll participate in the LIGHTNING ROUND! My preferences have been updated!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm up to date with emails and stuff!

[b]No Pun Intended[/i], I don't think I got an email from you explicitly signing up for LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2? If I did, I must have missed it in the swarm, can you re-send? I know we've exchanged other emails but my "system for making sure nothing gets lost" requires it.

Speaking of LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2, it now has 7 goons signed up, which means it will either get going on Sunday, OR, if even one more goon signs up, it'll get going immediately!

Sathzur posted:

Got my gift from my santa

Are you waiting to open it?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Email away!

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

I'm up to date with emails and stuff!

Speaking of LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2, it now has 7 goons signed up, which means it will either get going on Sunday, OR, if even one more goon signs up, it'll get going immediately!

I have been having fun santa-ing and santee-ing and racking up lots of overtime otherwise, so I will sign up for the last spot in lightning round 2! Here is my post, slightly amended!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

thegodofchuck posted:

Yay Santa #2!

Brushes and Terrain!

Thanks, Santa!

Glad you like them!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

My package tracking said my gift arrived on the 2nd but there's been no received post. Hope everything's ok... :ohdear:

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

My package is in the mail to my (hopefully?) lucky santee.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
According to Amazon, my Santee's package arrived in the UK on Tuesday. I'll hopefully have it soon.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

mistaya posted:

My package tracking said my gift arrived on the 2nd but there's been no received post. Hope everything's ok... :ohdear:

Experience tells me this particular santee tends to take a while to post about received gifts.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND TWO is closed! That means it's time for

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND THREE!

You can read about the rules in this post. I'll leave this round open from today until either December 11th, or we have 8 participants, whichever happens first!

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Oh, forgot to mention, sent mine out monday so it should arrive whenever

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I got to leave work late today and while in rush hour traffic was called by my mildly irritated wife asking why I'd ordered something from the UK, especially with Christmas coming up and from a company she somewhat recognized, called "Mantic". I got home and saw my awesome present from my awesome Santa:

Evil dwarves with guns! A Christmas miracle! Thank you, Santa!

And the semi-obligatory cat picture:

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Ordered my lightning round gift for my Santee. :science:

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Also ordered my gift for my Santee!

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Round 2 gift ordered!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I can't be the only person who checks this thread religiously awaiting their santee posting their gift

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

signalnoise posted:

I can't be the only person who checks this thread religiously awaiting their santee posting their gift

I think almost everyone does. There's a lot of pageviews that don't correspond to posts, and people often send me worried emails when their tracking indicates their gift arrived but the santee hasn't posted about it.

It's why there's Rule 7:

Leperflesh posted:

7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift
You can open it right away or you can wait till your preferred Official Holiday Date and open it then. Regardless, you need to post in the thread as soon as your gift has arrived. This way your anxious Santa knows you got your present, and I can confirm they have fulfilled their duty by putting a symbol into a box on a spreadsheet, which I loving love doing, you don't even know. Please don't blow this off. Every year a few people dutifully send their gifts, and then disappear from the thread, and we are left with no easy way to confirm that they also received what they were supposed to. That's not being a Grinch, but it is a source of anxiety for your Santa and for me and that's not very nice.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

signalnoise posted:

I keep checking the thread hoping my santa will reveal themselves but alas, my santa is but a dream.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
What's this? What's this? There's presents everywhere!

Inverse World! I've wanted to get my mitts on this for a long time now, this will definitely be played soon.

A terrifying card! And a starter set for a Planescape-based CCG I had never heard of before! I love stuff i've never heard of! This would be worth it just for the DiTerlizzi card art, but i'll be walking through it with some more card-oriented friends over the holiday and seeing how it holds up. And it's out of print so I can't burn my money buying boosters for it!

Thank you, Santa! It's just what I wanted, and both of these are definitely going to see a lot of use in the next few weeks.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Lightning Round 2 gifts ordered and awaiting shipping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

"What do you want for Christmas, little cultist? A swift and painless death"? :cthulhu:

• Locked thread