Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Street Fighter V has just been teased as PC/PS4 exclusive.

I'm pretty sure that's what this big thing is that they were talking about, so barring a miracle, it looks like there's nothing to look forward to at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I think it was accidently leaked, when they uploaded a trailer too soon.

Oh well.

On a related tangent, that "DMC5? Dragon's Dogma 2?" comment has been removed from the DD website.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol it was SF5. That's cool too, I'm just a bit disappointed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Street Fighter 5: Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

dragon's dogma online

i guess that might be a thing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mega Man x Breath of Fire.

It's a mobile game.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

Street Fighter 5: Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
I'm okay with this.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ImpAtom posted:

Mega Man x Breath of Fire.

It's a mobile game.

Really?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No, I'm kidding.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ImpAtom posted:

No, I'm kidding.

Okay, I thought so but I can't even tell with Capcom and/or mobile anymore.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

DmC Definitive Edition on PS4 and Xbox One coming 17th March

RRP $39.99 / EUR 39.99 / GBP 29.99

Also:

quote:

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Summer 2015.

I'm actually looking forward to playing this again with a manual target lock. I originally had the PC version, so apart from the pre-rendered cutscenes, I was already playing it at 1080p60. Since it's getting a boxed release, I can just rent it.

Hopefully DMC4 will have the previously PC-exclusive Legendary Dark Knight mode, which basically makes it Dynasty Warriors with good combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqViM7aFL68

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't imagine what the special edition will have besides the PC inclusions, but that's probably exactly what it'll be. It's pretty interesting they're bringing a six year old game to new consoles, but I'll buy it nonetheless.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Remastered Edition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MruA6AfRpU
New Features:

quote:

60 fps and 1080p resolution — It looks and feels super smooth to play.
Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.
Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.
New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.
Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.
New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.

source: http://www.shacknews.com/article/87484/dmc-devil-may-cry-definitive-edition-coming-to-current-gen-in-march-2015

It's an improvement at least, but also an admission that they hosed up initially.

quote:

"When creating the original DmC, there were improvements that we wanted to make, but never got the chance to," Ninja Theory's Dominick Matthews said today on the PlayStation blog. "In DmC Definitive Edition, we’ve made those improvements."
:lol:

[e]: Beaten.

That loving Sned posted:

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Summer 2015.

Some good news, at least.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 15, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

I can't imagine what the special edition will have besides the PC inclusions, but that's probably exactly what it'll be. It's pretty interesting they're bringing a six year old game to new consoles, but I'll buy it nonetheless.

DMC4 at least still looking really good.

DmC:DE looks like they're at least putting effort into improving it. The thing I'm most curious about is "Devil Trigger doesn't launch enemies into the air." Is it just classic DT now then? Will they have rebalanced it so it doesn't take a small eternity to charge?

Must Style mode sounds like it could be fun or tedious.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

DMC4 at least still looking really good.

It does, it's weird to say since it's been 6 years but the game hasn't aged at all in looks or gameplay.

Also there has to be a new DMC coming out, there is no loving way they're putting out all of this for no reason.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

It does, it's weird to say since it's been 6 years but the game hasn't aged at all in looks or gameplay.

Also there has to be a new DMC coming out, there is no loving way they're putting out all of this for no reason.

The interesting thing is that they're putting out both DMC4 AND DmC. I wonder what the new one might be.

Maybe it'll be a crossover!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySY5YMoBp7c
Redubbed with gently caress youuuuuuuuuu

That cutscene is still amazing though, especially the "graaáánd delusion" part :allears:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 15, 2014

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

ImpAtom posted:

The interesting thing is that they're putting out both DMC4 AND DmC. I wonder what the new one might be.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Hopefully the new cutscene is just the real Dante pushing the main character aside, and saying "I'll take it from here."

Either that, or some creepy transformation when the mop lands on his head.

E:^^^ That's amazing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hey, all those changes to DmC honestly sounds pretty good.

Still gotta laugh at 'A WHOLE NEW CUTSCENE, DAYUM!' being listed as a selling point.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Vergil confirmed for DMC4 SE.

I wonder what else they're changing :allears:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I gotta say it does look like they're taking everything I hated about DmC and are trying to fix it.

Can't fix the plot but I can skip all that.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pureauthor posted:

Hey, all those changes to DmC honestly sounds pretty good.

Still gotta laugh at 'A WHOLE NEW CUTSCENE, DAYUM!' being listed as a selling point.

It makes it sound like a regular DMC game...which makes it even funnier as all these improvments, are ones that NT and Capcom said weren't important. Like the lack of lock-on, the FPS rate, the balancing, etc.

FZeroRacer posted:

Vergil confirmed for DMC4 SE.

I wonder what else they're changing :allears:

Wait what where!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Respect (for once) to Ninja Theory for taking ownership and accepting where they hosed up and where they can brush things up to make the game better.

DMC4:SE should be great, especially if there's a Vergil mode and story in there. It's not going to fix the half-finished campaign's backtracking alone, but the gameplay of 4 was always great to help make that up. More DMC4 is awesome, awesome stuff.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

That list looks like they more or less fixed everything except the stupidly edgy story of DmC. It'll probably be worth playing now!

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

It makes it sound like a regular DMC game...which makes it even funnier as all these improvments, are ones that NT and Capcom said weren't important. Like the lack of lock-on, the FPS rate, the balancing, etc.

Wait what where!

You can see the logo at the end of the trailer for DmC.

http://youtu.be/8MruA6AfRpU?t=1m40s

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Pesky Splinter posted:

Wait what where!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/15/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-coming-xbox-one-playstation-4/

"Something to do with that blue guy"

It could refer to Nero I guess but he wore red and blue.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjOYc4zdTEo

New trailer!

Watch the last 10 secs.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

FZeroRacer posted:

You can see the logo at the end of the trailer for DmC.

http://youtu.be/8MruA6AfRpU?t=1m40s

Thanks! Dammmmmn! :allears:

im motivated

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 15, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh shiiiiiit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

... I might need to actually buy a PS4 now.

Unless this spiffy new thing ends up on PC again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yakuza 5, Old Devil May Cry confirmed for not forgotten, DmC being fixed in the most important areas. 2015 is looking to be a fantastic year for Japanese games.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Preview of Vergil in DMC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjN7EjXxF5A

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like how the DmC trailer mostly uses the classic Dante skins.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Odds on which game sells better?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I'd bet on DmC, but neither game has a good reputation in general and there are already people talking about boycotting DmC on PS4 to show Capcom they only want Uncle Dante over and /v/ and such, so it wouldn't surprise me if DMC4 actually outsold it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DMC4 is going to outsell it because DMC4 is a good game that people liked and is the highest selling DMC game and DmC has a bad name, which is not going to be fixed by the new edition. I'm not going to buy the new DmC either because despite all of the changes, it's going to still have the bad bosses and boring enemies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beef Waifu posted:

DMC4 is going to outsell it because DMC4 is a good game that people liked and is the highest selling DMC game and DmC has a bad name, which is not going to be fixed by the new edition. I'm not going to buy the new DmC either because despite all of the changes, it's going to still have the bad bosses and boring enemies.

And lovely Dante as the poo poo icing on the poo poo cake.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

If they fix DmC like the list seems to imply, I'll end up buying both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pureauthor posted:

Difficult to say; DmC has a pretty toxic reputation, but these additions make it (almost) a new game. DMC4, on the other hand...well it depends on what other (if any) additions are added to the game.

• Locked thread