Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MrFlibble posted:

That is absolute complete loving Bullshit. Oh not the trailer, thats awesome. But the line "a chance to connect with old friends" completely misses the chance for good comic punnery by not using flames instead of friends.

His names firestorm, hes on fire in the trailer and he was Caitlins fiance. Thats the trinity of flame.

Oh no.... the guy names himself. Hopefully Cisco threw it out there first and he picks up on it. I love that method of giving the metas their comic book names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Oh no.... the guy names himself. Hopefully Cisco threw it out there first and he picks up on it. I love that method of giving the metas their comic book names.

"Oh man, she's been in a real emotional storm since you've come back, and on top of that you're literally on fire...Heeeeeeeeey, wait a minute!"

If CIsco had a real naming convention, he'd be named Burn or Capt. Flame.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I'm only 6 minutes into this week's new episode, but Barry's being a wheedling dick weasel with the way he's creeping on Iris. I hope it blows up in his face. <:mad:>

e: I'm feeling that quote, Cisco. :(

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 6, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrFlibble posted:

That is absolute complete loving Bullshit. Oh not the trailer, thats awesome. But the line "a chance to connect with old friends" completely misses the chance for good comic punnery by not using flames instead of friends.

His names firestorm, hes on fire in the trailer and he was Caitlins fiance. Thats the trinity of flame.

First comment i read "Nope I meant snowstorm. as in the ship name of Caitlin and Ronnie"

i loving hate the internet.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Phenotype posted:

At the end, when Oliver and Barry were talking at the coffee shop, and Oliver says "I have to tell you something that's gonna hurt. In the heart" and then looks over at Iris, did anyone else half expect him to say "I hosed Iris. She said I was on her list and it was cool with her boyfriend."

A few pages late because I just watched both episodes and am catching up on the thread but

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Habibi posted:

A few pages late because I just watched both episodes and am catching up on the thread but

Someone needs to send this to Amell.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Error 404 posted:

It'd get deleted and shippers would burn facebook

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

It'd get deleted and shippers would burn facebook

Then tweet it at him.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Error 404 posted:

Then tweet it at him.

Someone else can, i'm not a tweeter, it's retarded.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Habibi posted:

Wow, this is so good. :allears:

Error 404 posted:

Yes. Right now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I just rewatched episode 3, and Joe suggested the metahuman prison, because he knew Iron Heights couldn't contain them. He's totally on board with the idea.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Speaking of Tom Cavanagh, Merry Christmas.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Perhaps my favorite DC comic character dickery is Bruce Wayne flying into Metropolis and dating Lois Lane solely to troll Clark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe0gt60rNHI

There's so much Clark Kent "aw schucks" to Grant Gustin's performance, and it works so drat well.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I thought this episode was loving garbage. It felt like an episode from an early '90s cartoon.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Neurosis posted:

I thought this episode was loving garbage. It felt like an episode from an early '90s cartoon.

Oh, you mean like Batman the Animated Series?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Almost every early 90's cartoon was awesome though? Even Captain Nintendo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

I'm pretty much the only one who thinks so but the 90's Spider-man cartoon is absolute trash.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Drifter posted:

Especially Captain N you mean.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Captain N debuted in the 80's so it doesn't count.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty much the only one who thinks so but the 90's Spider-man cartoon is absolute trash.

All of the '90s Marvel cartoons were.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Deadpool posted:

Don't lump X-Men in with the rest. I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me, and be broken!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

That was the one with the wicked guitar riff theme song? I don't remember it that much, but I remember the Morbius story arc. And Kraven. That's about it. I mostly just lump the Spider-man cartoon into the XMen cartoon - which I enjoyed.

Batman:TAS and its relatives were still leaps and bounds above almost anything, though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

BrianWilly posted:

This was so great. Thank you for posting this

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Senerio posted:

This was so great. Thank you for posting this

Yeah that was pretty drat awesome.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rhyno posted:

What are you talking about? Look at how hard they're acting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMk-HPBF6Mw

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BrianWilly posted:

The casting was just a red herring, Cisco and Wells are Pied Piper from two different points in the timeline.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Error 404 posted:

If someone can change the gently caress to something else I'm pretty sure he would get a huge kick out off it on facebook

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Habibi posted:

I really want this in the op. I can't stop laughing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Deadpool posted:

Yeah but X-Men had that cool theme and it always brings me joy to laugh at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

It was amazing when you are a kid, and when you are an adult it is just hilarious, like every episode will make you laugh out loud at all the obvious budget cutting cheap animation and terrible acting and insane pacing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

It was amazing when you are a kid, and when you are an adult it is just hilarious, like every episode will make you laugh out loud at all the obvious budget cutting cheap animation and terrible acting and insane pacing.

Nope, it was hot garbage when I was a kid too. I hated the X-Men cartoon as well.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Nope, it was hot garbage when I was a kid too. I hated the X-Men cartoon as well.

Close your eyes. Envision a man in a yellow suit cutting a bunch of things with claws.

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

Ree! Ree! Ree! Ree! Ree! Ree! Ree!

Dunalunna NAAAAAAAAA Na Na!

Dunalunna NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa Na Na!

Dunalunna NAAAAAAAAA na NA!

DUNNA!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
All 90s cartoons are trash compared to Gargoyles

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I really liked the gun safety episode of Gargoyles. No lie.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Bad Moon posted:

True fact.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bad Moon posted:

Funny you should mention...I'm watching the back end of Gargoyles season 2 for the first time since it aired and, while some of the episodes are really good...man, some of them are just...not good. At all. Like that Australia episode? Or the Loch Ness one? What the gently caress, man?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gargoyles ain't got poo poo on BTAS.

Reebot also sucks a big pile of dicks.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Reboot is, like, the ur 90s cartoon: relied on the novelty of ugly CGI, became inexplicably dark and gritty, pandered to older audiences with pop culture references etc.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Phylodox posted:

Reboot is, like, the ur 90s cartoon: relied on the novelty of ugly CGI, became inexplicably dark and gritty, pandered to older audiences with pop culture references etc.

I liked ReBoot :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

WarLocke posted:

I liked ReBoot :negative:

So did I, but it was very...of its time.

• Locked thread