Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I've put way too many hours into this game over the last few months, so I think I might sit the first expansion out and wait to see what happens with the second one. Not that I don't feel that I've gotten my money's worth, but I don't feel like there is much new content coming down the pipeline via these expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Bob NewSCART posted:

So the roster for HM VoG at 3pm est(is 2pm better? Can everyone make that?) is

Me, sadboys2004, 30 Titan
J2DK, 30
Sandwichdino, 30(??)
Ohajj01, 30
Mcfunkerson, 30
Mcfunkersons friend, 29

2pm and 3pm are both fine by me. Whatever's more convenient for everyone else.

Roman posted:

https://twitter.com/LukeWasRight/status/542048687749218304

"There is neither a "new level 31 hard VoG," nor a "third difficulty for VoG" in The Dark Below."

(He's the designer of VoG)

That blows. I was hoping it would be their way of sneaking in 323 attack VoG weapons.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 8, 2014

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
excited for the fur armor at least

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You know, I know the expansion comes out at 1 am and everything but do we know when the changes like "commendations" and poo poo start happening? When the vendors get new gear? Is that gunna be at the same time?

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Any of the Boner crew wanna do a Scrota raid on Tuesday at a reasonable hour? Maybe 6:00pm PST tomorrow afternoon? I paid for this a while ago so I am going to get my money's worth!!

I'm totally down if you still have room. I just hit 30 the other day.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I just realized that I spent 20 hours on my hunter, I have 60 crucible marks which would be fine since I could buy (tomorrow) a new piece of armor... if I loving had dead orbit at level 3 already. :argh:
I have a ton of materials but I can't spend them anymore for rapidly grinding my crucible rep :sigh:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FishBulb posted:

You know, I know the expansion comes out at 1 am and everything but do we know when the changes like "commendations" and poo poo start happening? When the vendors get new gear? Is that gunna be at the same time?

I imagine that yes, the moment you are playing the expansion, you'll start getting the new currencies including commendations, whatever those are.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

probably all gone.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
THIS GAME SUCKS! Anyone wanna do VoG???

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Ularg posted:

probably all gone.

Definitely all gone.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FishBulb posted:

As far as anyone can tell it will all happen at 1AM tonight.

I found a legendary helmet engram this morning that I'm not going to turn in until then, just in case. My helmet's exotic anyway.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

gameday posted:

Definitely all gone.

drat, have some sweet reply tweets, though.

It's nothing but this. "Waah I'm entitled to everything because I have an xbox. No I don't find the irony in Call of Duty."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Racist towards Xbox

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Ularg posted:

drat, have some sweet reply tweets, though.

It's nothing but this. "Waah I'm entitled to everything because I have an xbox. No I don't find the irony in Call of Duty."

I enjoy the ever living hell out of Destiny and was really excited for tomorrow, but knowing that Bungie is racist towards Xbox just kills it for me.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I got 2 Legendary secondaries yesterday. So are they going to be shiny new stuff if I open them tomorrow, or the old and busted junk? I thought the contents were determined once they dropped.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Harlock posted:

Racist towards Xbox

Now I want to change my PSN name.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Harlock posted:

Racist towards Xbox

This should have been the thread title.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Harlock posted:

Racist towards Xbox

When are xbox users going to get reparations, I deserve compensation for this decision I made freely.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

I got 2 Legendary secondaries yesterday. So are they going to be shiny new stuff if I open them tomorrow, or the old and busted junk? I thought the contents were determined once they dropped.

Their level is determined, not the actual item.

Like blue engrams dropped on my titan and transferred to my warlock will decrypt as warlock gear. Legendaries can always be for any class so maybe they are determined at drop, but I'm not sure why they'd do it that way if blue engrams already work another way.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Athenry posted:

Now I want to change my PSN name.

Sony would ban you and steal all the access to your games for having "xbox" in the name.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Bah XBoners should be happy. They get player housing which PS3/4 doesn't get.

Because the tower is always empty on XBone

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

bloodychill posted:

This should have been the thread title.

Remake the thread please.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

xzzy posted:

When are xbox users going to get reparations, I deserve compensation for this decision I made freely.

thanks obama

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Raged posted:

Bah XBoners should be happy. They get player housing which PS3/4 doesn't get.

I can have destinypublicevents.com on screen at the same time I'm playing destiny, ha ha suck it poopstation users.

Oh wait the website works on my phone too? And doesn't eat up 20% of my TV? Aww man. :smith:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Fall 2015

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

I can have destinypublicevents.com on screen at the same time I'm playing destiny, ha ha suck it poopstation users.

Oh wait the website works on my phone too? And doesn't eat up 20% of my TV? Aww man. :smith:

Xbox snap internet explorer go to destiny public events dot com

edit: vvvv :drat: vvvv

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 8, 2014

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

limaCAT posted:

Xbox snap internet explorer go to destiny public events dot com

*Loads up Master Chief Collection*

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Roman posted:

https://twitter.com/LukeWasRight/status/542048687749218304

"There is neither a "new level 31 hard VoG," nor a "third difficulty for VoG" in The Dark Below."

(He's the designer of VoG)

Why even fix Templar if they were just going to make VoG obsolete a week later?

Tomahawk posted:

*defends the retarded exotic upgrade design decisions that Bungie will fix in a few weeks like a bitchmade nerd*

I don't think anybody actually did that, but go ahead and keep whining about it.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Bob NewSCART posted:

So the roster for HM VoG at 3pm est(is 2pm better? Can everyone make that?) is

Me, sadboys2004, 30 Titan
J2DK, 30
Sandwichdino, 30(??)
Ohajj01, 30
Mcfunkerson, 30
Mcfunkersons friend, 29

Either time works for us sir, we're both home all day.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Broseph Brostar posted:

I don't think anybody actually did that, but go ahead and keep whining about it.

Somewhere someone always plays devil's advocate or actually believes in lovely development decisions. And somewhere someone always whines about any development decision. It's like poetry they rhyme.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Gameplay from Datto of two new maps.

Datto goes into his experience with the strike and mp expansion maps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCmNmQ3cNao

Straight up mp video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb9GpQO5Lfw

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mister Chompers posted:

New playstation exclusive strike confirmed to be 90% running through existing black garden stuff, no reason to be upset xboners.

Why should I not get upset? It's clear that the strike was ON DISK DLC that was available since DAY 1 so it should be free to both the xbone and paying customers of the game!!! :argh:

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Broseph Brostar posted:

Why even fix Templar if they were just going to make VoG obsolete a week later?

VoG doesn't become obsolete. It's still a good raid for characters at light level 26-30.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My main reason for wanting that new PS4 strike is that it's obviously an enormous glimmer farm. It's several massive waves of vex with lots of yellow nameplates.. probably better than Exclusion Zone because it also comes with strike rewards.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

limaCAT posted:

Why should I not get upset? It's clear that the strike was ON DISK DLC that was available since DAY 1 so it should be free to both the xbone and paying customers of the game!!! :argh:

For anyone taking this post seriously and feels the same: That's not how this stuff works. hth.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

limaCAT posted:

On disc DLC is pretty lovely.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Alman posted:

VoG doesn't become obsolete. It's still a good raid for characters at light level 26-30.

lmao no, not unless they fix the loot drop mechanism

with even the guns coming out underpowered it's kind of a waste of time. Maybe drop in a few atheon checkpoints or something to try an snag a mytho

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

limaCAT posted:

Alman posted:

24-30, itll get them over the level 25 hump.

Its fun as gently caress and I'll still be doing it each week.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey, I have a checkpoint at the Gorgon's Maze. When the week resets, could goons join me before I logged out and backtrack to grab the loot chest? Kinda like the Atheon checkpoint when he was still cheesable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
it's still fun but probably not as efficient and reliable as getting your vanguard rep up

maybe if they let you level guns/armor in there now it would work

• Locked thread