Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
I'm deffo going to show that drawing to my group and go "So this is what Gnome7 thinks the Overlord should look like" and they'll throw things at me because Arendhel the Corruptor is a 20 foot tall black steel monstrosity.

Also I wrote them all Compendium Classes because I have no self-control and now they're running riot. They're mostly a hodgepodge of already existing moves because I didn't quite trust myself to write entirely new content that was balanced. It was mainly instigated when I realised that every single one of my players was radically changing their character from the archetype of their playbook. Also, the Dwarf had already started mechanising himself a few sessions before and I hadn't formally written mechanics for it yet, plus the Orc was complaining that there was moves on the Heir playbook that he desperately wanted and couldn't buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Folks who can't handle a self-reference paradox are real suckers.

gnome7 posted:

I should really get a website going at some point, huh. I sometimes talk about things on my twitter but that's sporadic and not really a news source, because I post all sorts of things on twitter.

The news on Fellowship is: I'm doing a massive overhaul of the ruleset, which is taking time. It's going to be a standalone game now instead of a Dungeon World mod, which is part of why I stopped talking about it in here. Dungeon World just had too many core assumptions that differ from what I want Fellowship to do, so I changed the core of it.

I've also taken a break from Fellowship for the past month or so to finally finish drawing in all of the Inverse World books I needed to do that in. So for anyone waiting on signed or written in copies, you'll probably be getting them in January or February - I need to send them to Mikan for writing in after this, and then she'll be mailing them out from there, and she is moving soon so I can't mail them to her until after she does that, to ensure nothing gets lost in the mail. So, that kickstarter from nearly two years ago is almost done.

I should be getting back to working on Fellowship shortly. I am waiting on some art still, but I also have a lot more to write, too. I am very happy with how things are shaping up right now, though. The core mechanics feel very solid to me. I need to write a lot more things before I can do any playtesting, though, now that I'm not drawing on all that stuff Dungeon World had going on. It'll need a round of playtesting.

In the meantime, have some art for the Overlord playbook:

Awesome.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Daeren posted:

What sorts of core assumptions changed, out of curiosity?

Also that art owns bones.

I changed up all the basic moves to be more representative of a cinematic sort of feel, instead of the nitty gritty bits DW likes. There aren't hit points anymore, damage now hits your stats. You have a penalty when rolling a damaged stat, which can be negated in a few different ways. Since damage is to your stats, and the stats are things like Courage and Sense, you can take damage from just losing hope in general, not necessarily being stabbed.

And the main source of healing is sitting down and eating food with your friends, that was important. Rules text:

Fellowship Temporary Stats posted:

Hope: When you are filled with Hope, instead of rolling 2d6, roll 3d6 and take the highest two dice. Hope and Despair cancel each other out.

Despair: When you are in Despair, instead of rolling 2d6, roll 3d6 and take the lowest two dice. Hope and Despair cancel each other out.

Damaged: When you take a solid hit (physically, mentally, or emotionally), choose one of your stats and Damage it. If you take a Severe hit, choose two stats and damage both. While a stat is Damaged, you are in Despair whenever you use it. Each stat is either Damaged or not - they cannot be double damaged. If all of your stats are Damaged when you take another hit, you are Taken Out. Damage on enemies works similarly, but not exactly the same - enemies do not roll dice. Instead, each of their stats is tied to one or more unique things that enemy can do. Dealing damage to a stat prevents them from using those moves. If all of their stats are damaged, they are Taken Out.

Taken Out: When you get Taken Out, you're out for the rest of the scene - your fate is up to you. Go with what makes sense. Death is possible, but so is capture, retreat, being left behind, and all sorts of other bad results. If you get Taken Out by the Overlord, they get to Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse. If you Take Out an enemy, you decide their fate.

a few Fellowship Basic Moves posted:

Finish Them (Blood)
When you attempt to finish off an enemy you hold advantage over,
tell us how and roll +Blood. Advantage is when you have the upper hand in some way, be it from surprise, superior positioning, superior planning, or a distraction.
On a 10+, you destroy them - tell us what that means. On a 7-9, you deal damage to a stat that makes sense. On a 6-, you leave yourself or an ally open to their retaliation, with whatever that entails.

Keep Them Busy (Grace or Courage)
When you act as a distraction or buy some time,
tell us how and roll +Grace or +Courage, whichever fits your method better. On a 10+, you keep them busy for as long as you need to - your allies can act freely without fear. On a 7-9, you can only hold them off for a short time - as soon as your attention shifts, they retaliate against you.

Fill Your Belly
Food is important in Fellowship. When you are between scenes, you may mark off 1 Food to heal a damaged stat.

Other major changes: The players also have a set of Agendas and Principles to follow, same as the GM, and one of their Agendas is chosen by their playbook - while everyone is mostly cooperating, each of you also has a personal goal at stake. Gear functions completely differently now than it did in DW - now Gear is a set of useful things that you refresh/restore every time you get a full recovery. So for example, Adventuring Gear (2 uses) isn't "use it twice and it is done" like it is in DW. It is "use it twice, because you will get those two uses back later." This also let me be extremely creative with what Gear even means. For example, one of the Orc's Gear options is "supreme strength (1 use) - smash through any wall or door".

Doodmons posted:

I'm deffo going to show that drawing to my group and go "So this is what Gnome7 thinks the Overlord should look like" and they'll throw things at me because Arendhel the Corruptor is a 20 foot tall black steel monstrosity.

Also I wrote them all Compendium Classes because I have no self-control and now they're running riot. They're mostly a hodgepodge of already existing moves because I didn't quite trust myself to write entirely new content that was balanced. It was mainly instigated when I realised that every single one of my players was radically changing their character from the archetype of their playbook. Also, the Dwarf had already started mechanising himself a few sessions before and I hadn't formally written mechanics for it yet, plus the Orc was complaining that there was moves on the Heir playbook that he desperately wanted and couldn't buy.

Yeah, something specifically I know I need to address from your feedback is that Fellowship is going to need compendium class type stuff. Each playbook has a core of what it is, but a huge part of the system is how much flexibility and control you have over your playbook's fiction, and their people, and I'm going to need to provide a boatload of options for when you expand out of the core playbook shell.

Right now, my current plan is to work on getting the core of the game finished, which I am about 60% done with, and I feel very good about all the player-side stuff. There is a lot of Overlord-side stuff to work on right now. Once the core of it is done, then I am thinking of doing a Kickstarter for the book, with preview drafts of the rules up for free. The main goal would be mostly to reimburse me for the art expenses and help me get the money to pay for future art for the book, and then stretch goals to add on additional content, like a boatload of compendium classes and maybe a couple new core classes in a second, expansion book.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I regularly run demos at my FLGS, and while running a little solo adventure with the one person who showed last Monday, I had the weirdest idea for an Inverse World campaign.

Specifically: how much stuff falls toward Sola, and how much does the temple manage to "catch"? Probably quite a bit. So there's, like, some kind of gravity investigation squad when the really weird stuff drops down to look into where it came from.

And/or a Flying Temple-style letters office.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

gnome7 posted:

This also let me be extremely creative with what Gear even means. For example, one of the Orc's Gear options is "supreme strength (1 use) - smash through any wall or door".

I take that this means that Gear represents more of character specific capabilities than objects, or can the Orc hand over his supreme strength to another player? Anyways I'm sold on the fellowship, can't wait for the kickstarter.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Glazius posted:

I regularly run demos at my FLGS, and while running a little solo adventure with the one person who showed last Monday, I had the weirdest idea for an Inverse World campaign.

Specifically: how much stuff falls toward Sola, and how much does the temple manage to "catch"? Probably quite a bit. So there's, like, some kind of gravity investigation squad when the really weird stuff drops down to look into where it came from.

And/or a Flying Temple-style letters office.

This is awesome.

Jvie posted:

I take that this means that Gear represents more of character specific capabilities than objects, or can the Orc hand over his supreme strength to another player? Anyways I'm sold on the fellowship, can't wait for the kickstarter.

In that case probably not? Unless your orc's super strength is from a magic belt or something. Usually you don't hand off your Gear, unless its food, because sharing food is what you do with food.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
gonme7 what is your twitter I want to follow you.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Benagain posted:

gonme7 what is your twitter I want to follow you.

https://twitter.com/Veliministriari okay

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

gnome7 posted:

This is awesome.

Little adventure wasn't bad either. Ended with the dude (who was a Sky Dancer) using Sky's Grasp to float a powder bomb over to a spider glider (a glider made by, and carrying, spiders) and touching it off with a flare gun. Unfortunately the Fatespinner stuck him down to his ship before it went off and thus he never saw the body.

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

So a thing happened in my RL Dungeon World campaign; the players started reaching the upper levels, and several of them have asked me about advancement options once they start hitting Level 10+. None of them are particularly keen on starting with a new playbook or retiring their characters, and multiclassing doesn't really offer the personalization options they want. What they basically want is to keep advancing their characters in a manner appropriate to their playbook archetypes. So I've started writing some campaign-specific, character-specific compendium classes, designed around the kind of poo poo that they've been doing this whole time.

Has anyone else run into this particular problem? Is there another way to deal with this situation that might be better? I'm not worried about the work involved, I just was wondering if there is a more fun option that I'm not seeing.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

So a thing happened in my RL Dungeon World campaign; the players started reaching the upper levels, and several of them have asked me about advancement options once they start hitting Level 10+. None of them are particularly keen on starting with a new playbook or retiring their characters, and multiclassing doesn't really offer the personalization options they want. What they basically want is to keep advancing their characters in a manner appropriate to their playbook archetypes. So I've started writing some campaign-specific, character-specific compendium classes, designed around the kind of poo poo that they've been doing this whole time.

Has anyone else run into this particular problem? Is there another way to deal with this situation that might be better? I'm not worried about the work involved, I just was wondering if there is a more fun option that I'm not seeing.

Yeah, the exact same thing is happening to me:

Doodmons posted:

Also I wrote them all Compendium Classes because I have no self-control and now they're running riot.

We have:

The Emptyheart: The Dwarf stole the immortality-granting heart from a boss and implanted in himself to avoid a 6- Last Breath. Now he's a cross between Juggernaut and a titan from Attack on Titan.
The Dark One: The Halfling has been doing some supremely shady things and ended up getting bathed in dracolich blood. Now he has spooky shadow powers and there's totally nothing sinister happening.
The Khan of Khans: The Orc may or may not be of an exceedingly rare leadership caste bloodline, but he sure can order Orcs around and shout loudly. Or taunt people to make their lives a living hell.
The Deathtouched: The Elf got a 7-9 on a Last Breath, so to spite him Death said he would let him off the hook if he killed a dracolich. He did, to Death's surprise, and now is a supernaturally empowered contract killer for the Black Kingdom.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
So my muscle wizard died in my IRL game (not feeling very sorrowful though, Randalf died the way he lived: punching things with magic.) and I'm thinking about rolling with the Noble. You know, that one playbook that has The Assistant as a second PC. Does anyone have interesting combinations that'd make sense to be waltzing around the world? I was thinking of a bard chronicling his adventures but having a Welsh petty nobleman with a druid as his assistant might work as well. There's too many interesting character dynamics to be had!

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Folks who can't handle a self-reference paradox are real suckers.

Deltasquid posted:

So my muscle wizard died in my IRL game (not feeling very sorrowful though, Randalf died the way he lived: punching things with magic.) and I'm thinking about rolling with the Noble. You know, that one playbook that has The Assistant as a second PC. Does anyone have interesting combinations that'd make sense to be waltzing around the world? I was thinking of a bard chronicling his adventures but having a Welsh petty nobleman with a druid as his assistant might work as well. There's too many interesting character dynamics to be had!

I had a 4th edition campaign where our Dragonborn Knight had a Kobold assistant. It's how he flavored things like Power attack. Loved it. It would be neat to see something like that again.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wait. There is a muscle-wizard playbook? :aaa:

Ho, Muscle-Wizard! Might you cast us a link?

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I thought that's what Gnome's Dragon Mage did, but if there is something else, I've never heard of it.

Doodmons posted:

The Dark One: The Halfling has been doing some supremely shady things and ended up getting bathed in dracolich blood. Now he has spooky shadow powers and there's totally nothing sinister happening.

Said Halfling makes skeletons bleed and showers in their bone-blood.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

You could make a muscle wizard pretty easily by just saying all spells now cast using STR and themeing your casting method. Swap the books out for weight lifting equipment. Done.

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

You could make a muscle wizard pretty easily by just saying all spells now cast using STR and themeing your casting method. Swap the books out for weight lifting equipment. Done.

The Dragon Mage is also a STR caster already, even, albeit one themed around fire, dragons, and money.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Sorry to disappoint. I just took the regular wizard and re-flavoured him. If you want to redo it the 'optimal' way (i.e. the way you're least likely to get yourself instantly killed while hack and slashing) you take the Wizard and give him 16 strength, 15 intelligence, 13 constitution and whatever for the rest. Make him a human so you get access to the Cleric's magic weapon spell. Casting it on yourself makes hacking and slashing worthwile. Pick the three healing potions to bridge the most difficult gap from level 1 to 3 (which shouldn't be that difficult because having a +1 modifier on INT lets you coast on failures a bit at the start) so you get that arcane ward ability that gives you 2 armor, and the second cleric spell that might help you, which is to say, heal minor wounds. After that you're free to do whatever, and with 4 armor at level 6 you can hack and slash without too much danger. All of this is mechanically inferior to just spamming magic missile/fireball but drat if it isn't fun.

For the rest it's just a matter of reskinning. Your spellbook could be tattoos. Your magic missile and fireball are hadoukens or long-distance punches. Brofist people to cast spells on them. Etc.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Dec 6, 2014

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Hey, I'm running a Grim World campaign that is set in the MTG plane of Innistrad. The problem I run into is that I am planning a twist when one of the players dies, instead of final of a last breath role they role a 6 sided dice and their planeswalker spark activates as they planeswalk to a different plane before the strike that kills them happens. I am planning on doing this as a compendium class but I can't find one, has anybody come up with or found one?

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
Hey Dungeon World thread!

Some months back I posted a different take on the Pirate World 'Alchemist' playbook. I'm ridiculously pleased to announce that I've cleaned it up considerably, added a bunch of new advances and fluff, and it's now 100% ready for play! Brew weird and bizarre potions, belch gouts of fire, shapeshift into an alchemical monstrosity, and ride into battle atop your very own pet chimera!

Check it out!

zarathud
Feb 24, 2013

Hail Eris!
All Hail DISCORDIA!
In case anyone is interested, there is a Bundle of Holding currently available (through 12/19) for a number of Dungeon World PDFs. Even if you have some of the PDFs already, it may still be a good deal for you.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

gnome7 posted:

In the meantime, have some art for the Overlord playbook:

Just because one of my players pointed it out to me and now I can't unsee it - why does the Overlord only have one foot?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

why not

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they have a sicknasty pegleg

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Doodmons posted:

Just because one of my players pointed it out to me and now I can't unsee it - why does the Overlord only have one foot?

She has minions to carry her?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
She kicked that beast's rear end so hard that, well...

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Finally had the chance to play a second game, with one newbie whose prior RPG experience was a DnD bummer. I'm convinced we're not creative enough to really get the most out of D-dub. I particularly, as the GM, am prone to boring stretches of "OK now the monster attacks you".

Nevertheless, we had a fun time, might get to do it again, and I think things will get better if we practice. It uses brain muscles I don't often use. I feel like I need to read/hear better examples of play in combat situations. I was proud of the penguin moves I gave the Druid, "dart swiftly through water" and "waddle frivolously".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

PerniciousKnid posted:

Finally had the chance to play a second game, with one newbie whose prior RPG experience was a DnD bummer. I'm convinced we're not creative enough to really get the most out of D-dub. I particularly, as the GM, am prone to boring stretches of "OK now the monster attacks you".

Nevertheless, we had a fun time, might get to do it again, and I think things will get better if we practice. It uses brain muscles I don't often use. I feel like I need to read/hear better examples of play in combat situations. I was proud of the penguin moves I gave the Druid, "dart swiftly through water" and "waddle frivolously".
The biggest secret to Dungeon World? When you don't know what to have happen next, ask your players.

It's all about how you ask, though.

"Guy, what happens next?" is lazy, and they'll see right through it.

"Guy, what is the closest goblin doing that can't be ignored?" is a much better question, both because it is more specific without being too much more limiting, and because it gives an imperative. No matter what Guy's answer, SOMETHING is going to happen soon. AND you'll give your players the opportunity to truly surprise you with their creativity.

(Spoiler: "A player surprised me with their creativity" is basically the core of all the good-gaming-experience stories that keep happening in the thread. )

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 11, 2014

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
You're not wrong, and I think this session went better than the last in part because we did a better job of that this time. On the other hand, the players came up with locations like "The North", "South", "The Flats" and "The Cave", so I think we need practice all around.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

PerniciousKnid posted:

You're not wrong, and I think this session went better than the last in part because we did a better job of that this time. On the other hand, the players came up with locations like "The North", "South", "The Flats" and "The Cave", so I think we need practice all around.

At first I was somewhat disappointed in my Dwarf player considering he came up with pretty standard Tolkienish dwarves while the rest of the party's races consisted of psychic OCD halflings, frozen-in-time scientist elves and vat bred supersoldier orcs but a few sessions of building on it later we have basically the dwarves from Dwarf Fortress, which is exceptional considering he's never played it. They're psychotic, backstabbing greed filled maniacs who have latent magical powers that they only ever use unconsciously and don't really think about as a race. When a craftsdwarf really sets his mind to it, a fey mood happens and two dead dwarves and a lot of stolen equipment later you've got yourself an Arkenstone and he doesn't really know how he did it. When a dwarf really wants your stuff he gets hulk strength for no reason.

Give them time, they'll surprise you.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Doodmons posted:

The Emptyheart: The Dwarf stole the immortality-granting heart from a boss and implanted in himself to avoid a 6- Last Breath. Now he's a cross between Juggernaut and a titan from Attack on Titan.
The Khan of Khans: The Orc may or may not be of an exceedingly rare leadership caste bloodline, but he sure can order Orcs around and shout loudly. Or taunt people to make their lives a living hell.
The Deathtouched: The Elf got a 7-9 on a Last Breath, so to spite him Death said he would let him off the hook if he killed a dracolich. He did, to Death's surprise, and now is a supernaturally empowered contract killer for the Black Kingdom.

I just read your descriptions of the Compendium classes, and :eyepop:
I loving love them! Those classes are just bursting with dangerous but flashy choices, and awesome mechanics that make the players really think about where they want the character to go, and how.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poison Mushroom posted:

The biggest secret to Dungeon World? When you don't know what to have happen next, ask your players.

It's all about how you ask, though.

"Guy, what happens next?" is lazy, and they'll see right through it.

"Guy, what is the closest goblin doing that can't be ignored?" is a much better question, both because it is more specific without being too much more limiting, and because it gives an imperative. No matter what Guy's answer, SOMETHING is going to happen soon. AND you'll give your players the opportunity to truly surprise you with their creativity.

(Spoiler: "A player surprised me with their creativity" is basically the core of all the good-gaming-experience stories that keep happening in the thread. )

I think I have been playing DungeonWorld wrong then, they almost never like, say things, and I don't think I've ever asked them what happens next, or what the NPC's are doing. They've kind of have a set mindset of, "I control PC's, DM controls NPC's."

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Yeah, you might have been. There is a spectrum to how much input the players have on the world of the campaign (I personally do it for worldbuilding and in-between individual adventures, not so much in the middle of combat), but it should pretty much always be some, and that's great because it's a way around railroading the players into an adventure that they're not invested in. It's a big part of DW that makes it stand out, in my opinion.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Has anyone made a comparable DW adventure to The Temple of Elemental Evil?

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

The thief continues to be the most creative of our group. Tonight they rolled into a small town which was having some trouble with a group of bandits. The marshal had captured the bandit leader, and expected his friends would be coming to attempt to set him loose that night, so he was trying to talk the PC's into helping him form a militia. The PC's knew (since they know me so well) that there was probably another side to this story but they hadn't found any of the NPCs I had set up that were sympathetic to the cause of the bandits, and the marshal wouldnt let them into the jail. So what does the thief do? She gets roaring drunk, walks up to the marshal, insults him and intentionally pukes on his shoes. She gets locked up and now can have an intimate chat with the bandit leader, getting all the info they needed.

When the raid finally goes down, the party is fiercely divided between siding with the raiders and staying neutral, but when its obvious the raiders are winning against the scant town guard, the party goes all-in on making sure the raiders know they're totally with them...the wizard (evil) shreds the town mayor with magic missiles, and the fighter beheads the marshal as he attempts to surrender. The necromancer (custom built class) raises from the dead one of the slain town guards, just to re-kill him for show. The PC's take such glee in the slaughter that even the bandits, now in control of the town, are a bit nervous about their new friends.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

Turtlicious posted:

I think I have been playing DungeonWorld wrong then, they almost never like, say things, and I don't think I've ever asked them what happens next, or what the NPC's are doing. They've kind of have a set mindset of, "I control PC's, DM controls NPC's."

It's totally fine to still play with that traditional divide and the game handles it well.

I think the setup for my next dungeon world game is going to be "you're on the magical island floating city, when it suddenly lurches and begins plummeting out of the sky. Who's fault is it and what do you do?"

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
Hey gnome, sorry to bug you about this again, but when can I expect copies of Inverse World with doodles in to start shipping? Thing is, some water damage was discovered in the building I live in and I've been forced to relocate until poo poo gets fixed, which will apparently taken until mid-to-late January. The reason I'm worried about this is that in the case of books they're very rarely actually delivered to the delivery address and instead held at the local post office, and if I don't receive notification of it having arrived at my local post office on account of not living at my home address, the postal service might send it back. (I think they only hold on to packages that haven't been picked up for seven days)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
My players had to find a bounty hunter to ask him about a previous target he had brought in once. Since he's so elusive, they put a massive bounty on the Mechanic's head and bashed in bounty hunters' heads when they came for them until they found the guy they were looking for. Problem is, they forgot to remove the bounty afterwards, so whenever I lack options I can get a bunch of bounty hunters to suddenly show up and cause trouble. :haw:

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Overemotional Robot posted:

Has anyone made a comparable DW adventure to The Temple of Elemental Evil?

Why not run ToEE in DW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Lightning Lord posted:

Why not run ToEE in DW?

Because I don't own it :p

Guess it's time to hit up eBay!